Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Phoenix wrote: »
    Should we put in a cheeky bid for Suarez?

**** off!:mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

From teamtalk.com

Jose Mourinho has hinted he may return to one of his former clubs, claiming his next move could be to "somewhere I've already been".

The Portuguese's future has been the subject of speculation despite leading Real Madrid to the Primera Division title last term and the fact they are still going strong in the Champions League this season.

Mourinho won two Premier League crowns in three years with Chelsea before leaving in 2007 and has often been linked with a return to Stamford Bridge, where there will be a vacancy in the summer when interim boss Rafael Benitez departs.

And, speaking at the opening of an exhibition in Setubal, Mourinho did little to dampen such talk.

The former Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan coach was quoted by Football Italia as saying: "I have an adventurous spirit and do not know what will happen next season.

"It's not easy to choose a new destination after working in England, Portugal, Italy and Spain. Maybe I could return to somewhere I've already been. Watch out for surprises."

The 50-year-old, who won an historic treble of Serie A, Champions League and Coppa Italia titles with Inter before leaving for Real in 2010, added: "If God keeps me healthy, then I am only halfway through my management career."

From the mail

Atletico open door for Torres return while Chelsea given encouragement over Falcao

Atletico Madrid are considering ending Fernando Torres's nightmare £50million Chelsea move by taking the striker back to his childhood club.

And with Chelsea chasing Atletico's own striker Radamel Falcao - who has a £50m buy-out clause in his contract - a cash-plus-player swap deal is looming in the summer.

Struggle: Fernando Torres has not been able to find his feet at Chelsea

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone, the former Argentina international who played with Torres for Atletico, was asked about the move on Saturday in Spain and said: 'Right now Fernando's playing for another team and we will have to wait until the end of the season, and we have to decide which players could come here.'

Simeone, speaking to Spanish Radio station Onda Cero, said: 'Fernando knows the history of Atletico Madrid, he knows what it means to play for this club. I don't need to speak about his ability as we were team-mates. I know how important he can be.'

Simeone also spoke about the possibility of Colombia striker Falcao, who has scored 25 goals in 28 appearances for Atletico this season, leaving, with Chelsea already in prime position to sign him.

Asked whether Falcao would be at Atletico next season, Simeone said: 'It's complicated. I wouldn't like to say yes or no. He's a player who always performs and we have to respect his choice.'

Atletico are weighing up their options for selling Falcao this summer.

A cash-plus-player deal would be likely to value Torres at about £10m, which would represent a huge crash in value for a player who broke the transfer record in a deal between British clubs in 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

peteeeed wrote: »
    From the Mail:

Atletico open door for Torres return while Chelsea given encouragement over Falcao

Atletico Madrid are considering ending Fernando Torres's nightmare £50million Chelsea move by taking the striker back to his childhood club.

And with Chelsea chasing Atletico's own striker Radamel Falcao - who has a £50m buy-out clause in his contract - a cash-plus-player swap deal is looming in the summer.

Oh God, yes please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

From the mail

Struggle: Fernando Torres has not been able to find his feet at Chelsea

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone, the former Argentina international who played with Torres for Atletico, was asked about the move on Saturday in Spain and said: 'Right now Fernando's playing for another team and we will have to wait until the end of the season, and we have to decide which players could come here.'

Simeone, speaking to Spanish Radio station Onda Cero, said: 'Fernando knows the history of Atletico Madrid, he knows what it means to play for this club. I don't need to speak about his ability as we were team-mates. I know how important he can be.'

Simeone also spoke about the possibility of Colombia striker Falcao, who has scored 25 goals in 28 appearances for Atletico this season, leaving, with Chelsea already in prime position to sign him.

Asked whether Falcao would be at Atletico next season, Simeone said: 'It's complicated. I wouldn't like to say yes or no. He's a player who always performs and we have to respect his choice.'

Atletico are weighing up their options for selling Falcao this summer.

A cash-plus-player deal would be likely to value Torres at about £10m, which would represent a huge crash in value for a player who broke the transfer record in a deal between British clubs in 2011.
    Where do I sign the petition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Porto's youth coach posted on Twitter last night that Mourinho is returning to Chelsea for next season. He said something like ''Jose goes home'' with a picture of Stamford Bridge and then a few minutes later said ''I'm not guessing, I'm telling you the news''.

He has since deactivated his account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

From the mail

[Snip]

That would be fantastic news. Torres can probably deliver on a certain level in Spain. And Athletico still have cash to spend. The only misgiving I have is about Torres wages. Will he take a pay cut, because I can't imagine Athletico ponying up his CFC wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Paully D wrote: »
    Porto's youth coach posted on Twitter last night that Mourinho is returning to Chelsea for next season. He said something like ''Jose goes home'' with a picture of Stamford Bridge and then a few minutes later said ''I'm not guessing, I'm telling you the news''.

He has since deactivated his account.
    TBH, I'm kind of ignoring all the rumours, even Mourinho's own statement about going back to a previous club.

Having said all that, I think there's a very high chance he'll return to the Bridge. The decks have been really cleared fro him. And he still gets to make his call on Cech, Terry and Lampard, the players of old he had highest regard for - Drogba excluded.

Incidentally, which Portuguese players would he bring into the club? Or will he be happy with the Brazilian contingent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

McDave wrote: »
    That would be fantastic news. Torres can probably deliver on a certain level in Spain. And Athletico still have cash to spend. The only misgiving I have is about Torres wages. Will he take a pay cut, because I can't imagine Athletico ponying up his CFC wages.

I think he'll have no choice to take a pay cut, he's no longer a 50m player so can't command that wage. He could just play out his Chelsea contract and take the money but I'd say he wants out at this stage.

At the end of Torres' career, I'd love someone to do a very honest interview with him to see where he thinks things went wrong. We've never really heard his side, as he obviously can't say much while still under contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I would absolutely jizz if Mourinho came back but being honest I can't see it. I think he wants to go to United, his little 'best team lost' remark was IMO, trying to butter up the United fans. For me, It was just a little telling of where his real interest lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Amazingly... I dont want us to sign Falcao...

Think im scared of another big money striker failing like Mutu, Shevchenko and Torres...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

WTF! Van-Wolfswinkel to Norwich. How did this happen? I would of nearly picked him over a big name mega-money player, the Falcao's ete.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/23/norwich-city-ricky-van-wolfswinkel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I know we've a congested fixture list but I hate international breaks. :(

HANDS OFF from the express

Nathaniel Chalobah facing Chelsea and Arsenal tug of war

NATHANIEL CHALOBAH will have other things on his mind this summer when Chelsea and Arsenal fight over his future.

Nathaniel Chalobah is being chased by some of the top teams in England

It’s a big achievement just playing for the Under-21s, but getting to the finals is even better
    Nathaniel Chalobah
    Chalobah is now an integral part of Stuart Pearce’s England Under-21 set-up and a certainty to play for the Young Lions in the European Championship in Israel in June.

While the 18-year-old’s international future is now settled – he also qualified for Sierra Leone as he was born in Freetown – he could be involved in a tug-of-war at club level.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger may make an offer having been impressed by the Chelsea midfielder’s performances while he was on loan at Watford.

Chalobah played a part in England U21's victory over Romania U21s on Thursday

The Gunners can offer Chalobah the lure of immediate first-team football when his spell at Vicarage Road ends in May, while he would still be some way down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge when next season kicks off.

In the meantime, Chalobah belives his football education will be enhanced at this summer’s finals.

England have one more friendly warm-up when they take on Austria at Brighton tonight and Chalobah is hoping he can help them continue their astonishing recent run of eight successive wins, producing 18 goals without conceding.

“We will try to put out a good performance again and keep the run going,” said Chalobah, who can operate as a defender or central midfielder. “All the lads are ready and prepared for the game – and for this summer.

“It would be a great achievement for me to get to Israel. It’s a big achievement just playing for the Under-21s, but getting to the finals is even better. It shows how well my season has been going if I manage to make the squad.”

England’s 3-0 win over Romania at Adams Park last Thursday extended England’s run, which is now their best at Under-21 level.

I don't think we are necessarily going to get rid of Ramires either.

Oooops frgpt about him. :pac:
    I don't see why West Ham playing in a half empty stadium should make the search any more urgent. I doubt Chelsea would have been able to fill an extra 10,000 seats (or however many seats there would be in a new ground) this season. I've said it before I have never had as many emails, telling me seats are on general sale, as this season.

I'd say if we havd a 50k stadium we'd be very close to selling it out.

Our atatendance average is something like 41.7k, our max attaendance is in and around 42.2k for EPL matches.

Just because tickets go on general sale doesnt mean they arent snapped up, it gives people who cant afford season tickets or avail of the membership a chance to go over every few weeks/months and if we had an extra 7 or 8k seats that would increase.
    Should we put in a cheeky bid for Suarez?

Cant see Liverpool wanting to sell him to another EPL side, nothing short of another crazy bid would get him.

Jose back at the Bridge for the Brazil v Russia friendly, awaits the over reaction of Jose returning to begin.

Although I hope it does happen I think it's only that at the moment, hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

TBH I'm unsure if Jose coming back would be a good thing.... the weight of expectation if he were to comeback would be crazy; and if he didn't get the squad performing/winning how would the fans react? tarnish the image he has at the club already

• Advertisement

podge79 wrote: »
    TBH I'm unsure if Jose coming back would be a good thing.... the weight of expectation if he were to comeback would be crazy; and if he didn't get the squad performing/winning how would the fans react? tarnish the image he has at the club already

Short of getting the club relegated, there's nothing Jose could do wrong if he returned.

What makes it more interesting really is can he match his first stint in terms of succes if he was to return, it woudl be a challenge even for Jose and one I think he'd love, time will tell I guess, we;ve only about 3,4 months to wait and see.

its a hell of a challenge to be sure.. has to rebuild/restore defence to the heights it was during his previous stint though cant see him being able to do that without compromising the attacking fluidity/flair of hazard/mata/oscar

on a side note got the current home jersey finally at the w/end €30 odd delivered from lifestylesports website happy out :D

He's got Madrid playing a good mix of attacking yet defensive football, with the attcking players he has over there he couldnt negate that aspect of their game so I'd say a similar thing would happen were he to come back.

That's a decent price, the new one should be out sometime in May.

if he does sign it'll be interesting to see who he'll ship out and bring in... what chance he'd get torres running through brick walls after 5 mins?

From what I've seen of the new one over on the football shirts thread I'll give it a miss although the black one is catching my eye .. have to see them up close before deciding

He'll want to put his on stamp on the squad and as ever it will be hard to second guess Jose, he was rather lucky at Madrdi that the squad was very complete before he walked into the job, he added a few players alright though.

I think our biggest issue is our need for a new CB, I think that should be addressed by the new manager rather quickly.

Jose if he comes in could want shot of Torres but I'd assume he'd allow him time in pre-season to impress before making his decision and that would go for the entire squad.

definetly break the bank if needed to get a quality dominating solid CB in

• Advertisement

True, there isnt to many good options about though, unless Jose brings Varane or Ramos, and neither will happen for varying reasons. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

if he does sign it'll be interesting to see who he'll ship out and bring in... what chance he'd get torres running through brick walls after 5 mins?
    I believe one of the biggest factors in hiring Rafa was his previous experience in getting Torres firing, now that hasn't worked at all I believe it's time to put Torres up for sale, hopefully in a swap deal with Athletico

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Heads up guys,
    Dav has created the Chelsea supporters Group as a hosted forum.link here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1587
    Dont be shy

I can't access it :confused:

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    I believe one of the biggest factors in hiring Rafa was his previous experience in getting Torres firing, now that hasn't worked at all I believe it's time to put Torres up for sale, hopefully in a swap deal with Athletico

I agree with Gav that if its Jose as new/returning manager/messiah he'll give Torres a few games before deciding

I agree with Gav that if its Jose as new/returning manager/messiah he'll give Torres a few games before deciding

I think its a huge summer for 80% of the squad, we're guaranteed a new manager so I think nearly everyone will have to prove their worth, not just Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I appreciate that the accountants have a job to do, but the sometimes threadbare nature of the squad this season has a lot to do with nearly two entire football teams of players being out on loan. Get the best of them back, sort out a CB (*coughHummelscough*) and maybe pick up Falcao if he's nothing better to do. Then everything's gravy for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I would hope who ever comes in will give the squad at till the end of the Far East tour before deciding who goes permanently or on loan. I dont know if it were beancounters or Robbie but we left far too many good players out on loan this season. Jose always wanted two good players for each position that still seems like absolute logic to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The Guardian says Russia Today reporting Abramovich has been detained in the US. Nothing on the RT news channel though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Abramovich arrested.

i blame Rafa.

dobbed him in so he did.

Wasnt there a high profile Russian killed in his mansion in the UK during the weekend, any possible link?

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Wasnt there a high profile Russian killed in his mansion in the UK during the weekend, any possible link?

He was the high profile Russian who lost a 3bn case against Abramovich last year. Thames Valley Police not saying there is a link at present. The body of the victim is having his post mortem today. Doubt there is a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yup.

talking seriously, this is most likely the reason.

• Advertisement

Shaun Walker Moscow Correspondent of The Independent has an excellent twitter feed, well worth following about this subject. Doubt cast on whether Abramovich has even been detained in the US at all.

@shaunwalker7

Latest tweet from him:

OK so I just got through to the trusty @JohnMannII who says Roman Abramovich IS the the US but is NOT arrested or detained in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He was found strangled inside a locked bathroom in his mansion. Thought to be suicide but those close to him claim that there's no way he'd commit suicide.

SlickRic wrote: »
    yup.

talking seriously, this is most likely the reason.

I just heard it on the news a few hours ago, thought the name was familiar alright, the news report was casting doubt on the Kremlin and Putin which of course Roman has fairly close ties.
    He was the high profile Russian who lost a 3bn case against Abramovich last year. Thames Valley Police not saying there is a link at present. The body of the victim is having his post mortem today. Doubt there is a link.

That's just a tad bit to close for it to be weird.

I wouldnt be surprised if he was questionned about it but unless there is some very strong evidence that Roman had hired or funded a hit I dont think anything willcome of this, especially if the order came from deep insdie the Kremlin, that's just an international incident waiting to happen.

Blatter wrote: »
    He was found strangled inside a locked bathroom in his mansion. Thought to be suicide but those close to him claim that there's no way he'd commit suicide.

Losing a huge court case like that, you'd never know but with the all the Russian players potentially invovled in this I'd doubt it was suicide.

Losing a huge court case like that, you'd never know but with the all the Russian players potentially invovled in this I'd doubt it was suicide.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/russia-and-former-soviet-union/berezovsky-debt-ridden-in-a-horrible-terrible-emotional-state-at-end-322178.html

Suggests suicide to me, the post mortem will give a clearer idea.

I read an article a while back, it was about all these people trying to take control of the steel industry in Russia, people kept getting killed until Roman took control, it all stopped then.

Roman couldn't possibly be ordering hits on people, if he was I'm sure Torres would be long gone :pac:

Roman is straight as an arrow.

>_>

<_<

Just incase his KGB buddies are watching Boards......and havent cracked spoiler tags yet

And Malouda :pac:

THAT'S WHERE HE'S GONE!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

THAT'S WHERE HE'S GONE!!!!!!!
    He's RA'S hit man ?

This discussion has been closed.