Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

greendom wrote: »
    He's RA'S hit man ?

It would justify his 90k a week anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

greendom wrote: »
    He's RA'S hit man ?

Torres initially considered for the role............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Roman Abramovich signs Colombian hitman , the FBI must not be aware of our interest in falcao :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

How much in free advertising have Paddypower got from this, from a marketing point of view the campaign is near genius

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/03/25/paddy-power-resurrects-fernando-torres-benchwarmer-ad-outside-chelseas-stamford?

If you're on FB or Twitter then there Ad's are just as bad if not worse, I despise them really, the Torres one is a bit funny but the majority of them are just terrible and painful.

Just a pet hate I guess. :o

From the Mirror
    It is understood Mourinho and Abramovich HAVE reached a provisional agreement for the Portuguese to take over from interim Rafa Benitez this summer on a three-year contract.

There are still significant stumbling blocks before any deal can be signed though, with Anzhi Makhachkala's Dutch veteran Guus Hiddink lined up as a potential fall-back option if the Mourinho move goes wrong.

Mourinho is believed to have made it clear that he will only consider a return if Chelsea finish in the top four, qualifying for next season's Champions League.

More contentiously - and what could cause a major hurdle - the Portuguese is concerned about working in an environment where technical director Michael Emenalo and chief executive Ron Gourlay hold the levers of power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

will Jose rip down all the rafa posters stuck up around stamford bridge / the chelsea training camp etc?
    what about the rafa statue outside stamford bridge?

It wont take him all morning anyway if he wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

will Jose rip down all the rafa posters stuck up around stamford bridge / the chelsea training camp etc?
    what about the rafa statue outside stamford bridge?

Other than the few 'Wanted dead or alive' posters I don't think there's a whole lot lying around.

RBC still reporting that Roman was picked up by FBI in the States but questioned not arrested regarding corruption and how Russia got to hold 2018 World Cup finals. Though the Moscow News suggest that RA and his group will take action against RBC Media over the whole thing.

http://themoscownews.com/sports/20130326/191378852.html?

http://www.rbcdaily.ru/politics/562949986362843

Lawyer Dobrovinsky commented on yesterday's news about the arrest of billionaire Roman Abramovich in the U.S.. According to the lawyer, businessman no one detained. But he still went to the FBI. There, he was questioned about corruption at the World Championships in 2018.

"I was tortured with questions about Roman Abramovich Abramovich. I tell. PAA was summoned for questioning by the FBI. Americans why that and why is interested in how Russia won the right to host the World Cup in 2018. <...> No arrests were not. Yet "- he wrote on his page on Facebook.

According to Dobrovinsky, the FBI has suspected corruption in the fact that Russia has been chosen as the site for the 2018 World Cup, according to RBC-TV. In this Dobrovinsky referred to "absolutely reliable" source, but declined to name it completely. The lawyer said that Roman Abramovich only questioned, but not arrested.

December 2, 2010 it was announced that the World Cup in 2018 will be held in Russia. These results were reflected in Zurich, FIFA President Sepp Blatter during an official announcement of the winners at the headquarters of the football organization. For the right to host the World Cup 2018 claimed four applications: the Netherlands and Belgium, Spain and Portugal, England and Russia. The Russian delegation, which shall consist of 30 persons, the final presentation of the application represented by First Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov, businessman Roman Abramovich and footballer Andrey Arshavin.

At a press conference in Zurich, then-Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said that the preparations for the 2018 World Cup and also finance Abramovich. "Let shell out a bit, he has a lot of money," - said the prime minister.

On the eve of the media reported that the billionaire businessman and former Governor of Chukotka Roman Abramovich was detained in the U.S.. "It is not clear, it is connected with the business of Roman Abramovich or the investigation into the death of Boris Berezovsky," - said RBC TV, citing its sources. Meanwhile, spokesman John Mann, Abramovich denied information about his detention. Mann confirmed that the Russian billionaire is currently in the U.S..

Why would the F.B.I. want to question him over any corruption involving the WC?

has Roman an alibi for the weekend?
    off in the yacht somewhere i suppose
    with women, loads of women

does avram grant still captain the ship for him (between mgmt spells)

has Roman an alibi for the weekend?
    off in the yacht somewhere i suppose
    with women, loads of women

does avram grant still captain the ship for him (between mgmt spells)

Considering hes worth billions the idea of him rocking up to some guys mansion and killing him is a tad bit absurd really, the FBI denied detaining him as well for anything.

As for the rest, you should take up a role as jester of the ship, they could do with a good laugh on the good ship Abramovich.

i find it hard to believe that the FBI were questioning Roman on the issue of WMDs
    i thought that whole issue was put to bed by Rumsfeld

FBI reporting they have not arrested our man

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0325/378355-roman-abramovich-us-fbi/

i find it hard to believe that the FBI were questioning Roman on the issue of WMDs
    i thought that whole issue was put to bed by Rumsfeld

See below, and numerous other sources.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    FBI reporting they have not arrested our man

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0325/378355-roman-abramovich-us-fbi/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

For anyone thats interested, Chelsea will play Arsenal in the semi final of the NextGen Series on Friday at 2pm, its live on Chelsea TV.

clarified - thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The Jose interview on Sky News :eek:

Was thinking this were just paper talk but I am starting to feel a move is inevitable for him ,

Back to Chelsea would seem very likely going from the interview,

The Jose interview on Sky News :eek:

Was thinking this were just paper talk but I am starting to feel a move is inevitable for him ,

Back to Chelsea would seem very likely going from the interview,

Anything specific he said to make ya say that?

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Anything specific he said to make ya say that?

i'm just in the door , full interview coming up on sky sports news so i would imagine it will be repeated every hour

ummmmmmmm :) from the sun website

Mourinho said: “I am in London very often because we have a house here, we love it here and our daughter is coming to study in London.
    “Every time I come here, every time people see me walking around or doing some shopping people immediately start making speculation that I am returning.
    “I say every day that I love it here, I had a fantastic time here, that I will return one day, so to be fair, I give a little bit of contribution to that speculation just because I love it.
    “I have big emotional connections with Chelsea and one day I think naturally I have to be back to English football or to Chelsea or to another club.
    “Of course Chelsea means different things to me than other clubs. Chelsea is in my heart as is Inter. One day I have to be back.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

ummmmmmmm :) from the sun website

Mourinho said: “I am in London very often because we have a house here, we love it here and our daughter is coming to study in London.
    “Every time I come here, every time people see me walking around or doing some shopping people immediately start making speculation that I am returning.
    “I say every day that I love it here, I had a fantastic time here, that I will return one day, so to be fair, I give a little bit of contribution to that speculation just because I love it.
    “I have big emotional connections with Chelsea and one day I think naturally I have to be back to English football or to Chelsea or to another club.
    “Of course Chelsea means different things to me than other clubs. Chelsea is in my heart as is Inter. One day I have to be back.”
    I'm starting to get my hopes up a lot now...

Please be true!! :D

blue-army wrote: »
    I'm starting to get my hopes up a lot now...

Please be true!! :D

watching now, he talks down moving to manchester

Every Chelsea fan if Jose comes back :

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    Please be true:D
    Lads if anyone hasn't access to the supporters group let me know and ill give you

I don't

Phoenix wrote: »
    You do now matey welcome;)

Cheers

From the Mail.
    First up on Saturday is a Barclays Premier League trip to Southampton before an FA Cup quarter-final replay against Manchester United on Easter Monday with Rubin Kazan visiting west London in the Europa League next Thursday and Sunderland to contend with three days later.

Chelsea playmaker Oscar believes the Blues are in for a week like no other as they prepare to play four games in nine days.

Oscar, who turned out for Brazil in their 1-1 draw with Russia at Stamford Bridge on Monday evening, will be part of a Chelsea squad set to do battle across three competitions in a little over a week.

First up on Saturday is a Barclays Premier League trip to Southampton before an FA Cup quarter-final replay against Manchester United on Easter Monday with Rubin Kazan visiting west London in the Europa League next Thursday and Sunderland to contend with three days later.

Oscar, 21, says it is normal to play several games in quick succession at a big club but admits this kind of fixture pile-up is new to him.

'There are so many games at the moment, and all of them are important,' he said.

'We have Southampton first and then Manchester United 48 hours later. But that is the way it always is at a club like Chelsea. We always have a lot of games, though maybe four in a week - as we have this week - is a bit different.'

Interim manager Rafael Benitez has rotated his squad as much as possible with Chelsea already racking up 53 games so far this season.

The Spaniard will have to do the same over the coming weeks as Chelsea chase success in the FA Cup and Europa League and search for a top-four finish in the Premier League.

Oscar believes recuperation time will be important but that no game will be taken lightly.

'We have to play and rest as best we can,' he added. 'It is a week that could be really important for our season. We have games in all three remaining competitions, but we’re not thinking that one could be more important than the other.

article-2299759-18EEA7F9000005DC-309_468x325.jpgSeason defining: Oscar insists he and his team-mates, including Demba Ba and John Terry who trained at the Blues' Cobham training HQ on Tuesday, face an important week ahead

article-2299759-18EEA868000005DC-587_468x331.jpg

Happy Birthday Jimmy is he the real last #9 we had? Just love this hat trick delish in every way and must be one of the best hat tricks ever. The fact it was against Spurs even better really.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/reportage/chelsea-fans-its-jimmy-floyd-hasselbainks-birthday-remember-this-hattrick-vs-spurs/?

I'd say Drogba, the guy had it all but that's not taking anything away from Jimmy who was a fantastic striker also.

• Advertisement

I'd say Drogba, the guy had it all but that's not taking anything away from Jimmy who was a fantastic striker also.

God how did I forget Drogs, the only defence I can offer is he never played number 9 for us. weak I agree but any port in a storm

shame on you, hes not even gone a year. :pac:

Happy Birthday Jimmy is he the real last #9 we had? Just love this hat trick delish in every way and must be one of the best hat tricks ever. The fact it was against Spurs even better really.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/reportage/chelsea-fans-its-jimmy-floyd-hasselbainks-birthday-remember-this-hattrick-vs-spurs/?

trigger happy jimmy, as joe royale once said, he can side foot it harder then most people can kick a ball . legend

shame on you, hes not even gone a year. :pac:

Bah humbug what has he done for use lately :D

from the sun

CHELSEA are planning to hijack West Ham’s £12million move for goal-ace Wilfried Bony.
    The Ivory Coast international is top scorer in Holland, with 26 goals in 24 league games for shock title contenders Vitesse Arnhem.
    The Hammers thought they were close to agreeing a record-breaking deal to nab him in the summer.
    Co-chairman David Sullivan met one of the player’s agents, London-based Francis Kacou, on Monday.
    But Chelsea see the free-scoring forward as a potential replacement for £50m flop Fernando Torres — and made their move later that day.
    Jose Mourinho, touted to return to Chelsea from Real Madrid in the summer, was at Stamford Bridge that night for the friendly between Brazil and Russia.
    Also present were Vitesse owner Merab Jordania, who has close links with Blues supremo Roman Abramovich, and Erwin Kasakowski, managing director of the Dutch club.
    The main topic of conversation between the four was 24-year-old Bony, a player similar in style to his fellow countryman and ex-Chelsea favourite Didier Drogba.
    Bony, who scored for Ivory Coast in the 3-0 win over Gambia at the weekend, is under contract until 2015 — but is desperate to move to the Premier League.
    And Chelsea are now in pole position to seal a four-year deal for him worth £80,000 a week.
    The Blues have a good relationship with Vitesse, with seven Chelsea youngsters having gone there on loan in the past two seasons.
    Vitesse are resigned to letting Bony go in the summer.
    But first they hope the goals from a player who cost £4m from Sparta Prague in January 2011 will help them clinch a place in the Champions League for the first time.

• Advertisement

I think we've a feeder club system going with Vitesse, not 100% though on that, if it is the case surely we'll be given 1st option on him anyway if it is true.

Bobby on Frank, from one legend to another.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9958063/Bobby-Tambling-Frank-Lampard-is-Chelseas-greatest-ever-player-and-I-hope-he-breaks-my-record.html
    Bobby Tambling: Frank Lampard is Chelsea's greatest ever player and I hope he breaks my record

“It was lovely to hear from Frank,” Tambling said. “Ever since this problem has started, I’ve spoken to Frank a number of times. I’ve been in bed for the last three months so I’ve got to rehabilitate myself to standing up and getting back to walking.

“If you take what Frank has done personally and then add in what Chelsea have done as a team in the last 10 years, he must surely go down not just as one of the greats but probably the greatest player Chelsea has had,” he said. “This has been the greatest Chelsea team ever. He thinks like a striker, performs like a striker.

More in the article, good read.

Very tricky away fixture to Southampton this weekend and then the FA cup replay at the Bridge, Southampton have taken some scalps and points at St. Marys, hope we can get the job done but it wont be easy at all.

If we can avoid a repeat of what happened at the Bridge I'll be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Surely with top 4 in serious jeopardy Benitez will prioritize the league game against a Southampton team who have beaten City and Liverpool at home in recent weeks...

Any idea what kinda team we'll see in both games. The likes of Lampard, Terry wouldn't be able for 2 games in such a short space of time

anyone know if bobby still lives in cork?

actually just seen his wiki page, he lives in crosshaven , cork

Shane St. wrote: »
    Surely with top 4 in serious jeopardy Benitez will prioritize the league game against a Southampton team who have beaten City and Liverpool at home in recent weeks...

Any idea what kinda team we'll see in both games. The likes of Lampard, Terry wouldn't be able for 2 games in such a short space of time

I dont think its in jeopardy, if anything its in our hands, we're ahead of Spurs by a point with a game in hand and we're 5 ahead of Arsenal and 7 ahead of Everton in 5th and 6th.

I reckon Lamps for the Utd game and rest him for Southampton.

anyone know if bobby still lives in cork?

actually just seen his wiki page, he lives in crosshaven , cork

Buddy of mine, a Chelsea fan also, said he met him in Crosshaven about 18 months ago give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'd much rather the Ramires/Mikel midfield for the Man Utd game. Much better balance, probably better suited to a game against Man Utd than Lampard partnering either.

I'd much rather the Ramires/Mikel midfield for the Man Utd game. Much better balance, probably better suited to a game against Man Utd than Lampard partnering either.

Actually, now that you say it, i'd be surprised if we didnt see the same 11 that finished that game, start at the Bridge.

Lamps to break the record this week I reckon. ;)

mikel and lampard for me too next monday, luiz and lampard on saturday

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement