Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

GavRedKing wrote: »

Actually, now that you say it, i'd be surprised if we didnt see the same 11 that finished that game, start at the Bridge.

Lamps to break the record this week I reckon. ;)

He'll have enough chances to do it anyway :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

4 games in 8 days. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

4 games in 8 days. :pac:

all about saturday, a winning team wont mind playing those games, lose against southampton and it will be a long week

peteeeed wrote: »
    all about saturday, a winning team wont mind playing those games, lose against southampton and it will be a long week

If we fail to beat Southampton Utd could easily punish us, hoping we can get the business done as you said its an important week, if we come out with a few wins that will motivate the players, failure to do that and we could crumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

If we fail to beat Southampton Utd could easily punish us, hoping we can get the business done as you said its an important week, if we come out with a few wins that will motivate the players, failure to do that and we could crumble.

I wouldnt worry, Torres and Ba have been doing extra training :eek:

Going to call it now, Torres against Southampton and in the EL Thursday with Ba playing against Utd and Sunderland.

Calciomercato (Italian's) are saying Roman's made an offer for Conte

Worth 6.5m euro's a year for three years. He is apparently our alternative to Jose.

Assuming Klopp is out of the picture?

If hes made an offer on our alternative to Jose what does that tell ya about our chances of getting Jose.

:pac:

Going to call it now, Torres against Southampton and in the EL Thursday with Ba playing against Utd and Sunderland.

although BA has scored 3 times against southampton already this season

• Advertisement

The alternative is to play Ba in both Southampton and Utd games as we need Torres for the EL.

Rafa will rotate it so I wouldnt be overly surprised if we seen what I suggested happen.

Also Ba was terrible against West Ham, missed 2 guilt edged chances.

The alternative is to play Ba in both Southampton and Utd games as we need Torres for the EL.

Rafa will rotate it so I wouldnt be overly surprised if we seen what I suggested happen.

Also Ba was terrible against West Ham, missed 2 guilt edged chances.

strikers are not really our thing this season :)

Apparently we are trying for a £12 million deal for Bony W (ESPNFC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ba has a great record against Southampton but I wouldn't mind seeing Torres start. We should be have enough to beat them.

From the mail

Chelsea are giving a trial to the son of legendary Liberian hitman George Weah.
    Timmy, 13, wanted to play in London for the same team his father signed for in January 2000.
    Weah joined on loan from AC Milan and scored against rivals Tottenham on his debut. He was only too happy to bring his son to London for a trial

'He is talented,' Weah told Talksport. 'We just wanted to give him the opportunity and we also want him to enjoy the game he has passion for.
    'I brought him to Chelsea just for a trial and for a different experience.'
    He added: 'When I left London, I kept ties with Chelsea and when my son wanted to come to England to play, the first person I called was my daddy, Gary Staker [the club's liaison officer].

On target: Weah only played for a short while at Chelsea but showed his nose for goal
    'Gary made it happen and Timothy is enjoying it. He has started training already and he is happy.'
    Timmy wants to make his own way in the football world and not purely rely on his father's name.
    He told Tropigol: 'My dad was one of the greatest players and I want to follow in his footsteps.
    'But I also want to make a name for myself. I want to be Timothy Weah, be myself, play my game and still follow in his footsteps while I’m doing that.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Semis of the next gen u19s is on Eurosport 2 now against Arsenal.

1-0 Arsenal. Deserved lead for them the Chelsea back four is all over the place. The pitch is shocking.

2-1 Chelsea now howler from the Arsenal goalie.

Super super goal, 3-1 excellent play.

• Advertisement

3-3. Madness taking off Loftus-Cheek and Boga so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Johner wrote: »
    3-3. Madness taking off Loftus-Cheek and Boga so early.

As soon as they went off we fell apart, hopefully we get it together in extra time.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    As soon as they went off we fell apart, hopefully we get it together in extra time.

I blame Rafa!

Get in! Super play by Swift who's been excellent since he came on to set up Baker for the winner. 4-3 FT :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

What a game , well done the mighty blue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I know we lost our way a bit during the game but we are a seriously good team, it finally looks like we've a few world class players coming through the youth system, exciting times ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

JT to be rested for the Southampton game? That looks like a wise move - the back four without him should be able to handle the Saints and leave JT fresh and on his toes against Man U.

Yet another falcao story , the star

CHELSEA have edged ahead of Manchester City and Real Madrid in the race to net £40m striking sensation Falcao

Talks between the Blues and Atletico Madrid over a summer move for the Colombian hitman are well under way.

And Starsport understands both parties are confident a deal will be done that will see the Stamford Bridge side land one of Europe's deadliest strikers.

Starsport revealed a year ago how Chelsea were so keen on Falcao that at one stage they were having him watched in virtually every game.

Now, having been unable to land him in either of the last two windows, they hope to finally get their man this summer - and beat rivals City and Madrid to his signature in the process.

The final deal for long-term target Falcao, 27, is expected to be worth in the region of £40m although Chelsea could pay considerably less up front.

One option is to offer Fernando Torres back to Atletico Madrid in part-exchange.

Torres has flopped at Stamford Bridge since his British record £50m move from Liverpool two years ago. He was a huge favourite at Atletico where he began his career before moving to Anfield in 2007.

Boss Diego Simeone hinted last week that Atletico would welcome Torres back.

He said: "We were team-mates. I know how important he can be.

"Fernando knows about the club's history, what it means to play here and I don't need to speak about his ability.

"We have to wait for the season to end and decide which of the available players could come here and do a good job."

Chelsea could also boost their chances by allowing Thibaut Courtois to extend his stay at Atletico. The keeper has spent the last two seasons on loan at Atletico after joining Chelsea from Genk in 2011.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Cech - Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Bertrand - Mikel, Lampard - Moses, Oscar, Marin - Torres

Turnbull, Cole, David Luiz, Ramires, Hazard, Benayoun, Ba.

Hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Cech - Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Bertrand - Mikel, Lampard - Moses, Oscar, Marin - Torres

Turnbull, Cole, David Luiz, Ramires, Hazard, Benayoun, Ba.

Hmmm

Unbelievable team selection :confused::eek:

• Advertisement

Don't get that team at all , defense is ok but lampard and Mikel are too slow , Marin and Moses need to step up today

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Anyone have a link to watch the game? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Can't believe he has left out both Hazard and Mata , could be asking for trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Barr wrote: »
    Can't believe he has left out both Hazard and Mata , could be asking for trouble.

In fairness Mata has a virus, but agree that he has picked too weak a team IMO.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Gone from evens to 13/10 since the line ups have been announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

We're playing terrible too. Shockingly bad performance thus far, still early on but that team selection is baffling, away to a decent saints team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Torres putting in a shift, not to much avail, Moses and Marin giving the manager a decent reason to pick somone else next time.

EDIT: instantly Moses wins a corner which is crossed by Marin and scored
    :D

EDIT 2: FFS!

Easy header, defense non-existent TBH. Not deserved but I'll take it, we need a win today.

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Why has he done it again?
    its a bloody mess we'll be right in the battle for top four after today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

At a guess I think it's because he is off in the summer, and it would be best for his CV to have the cup wins instead of qualification for CL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Can smell a loss here anyway , no chance of Jose next year as we won't be in CL

the_monkey wrote: »
    Can smell a loss here anyway , no chance of Jose next year as we won't be in CL

Fûck off Benitez , you're not wanted here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I wonder what hazard thinks of the project now and especially if ye don't get into the top 4 :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Crying out for a change at half time , Marin providing no cover to down our left , get Hazard on now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Everytime I see Bertrand play he looks like a rookie.

Would Jose be arsed if (when) we finish 5th or lower ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement