Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Garzorico wrote: »
    Everytime I see Bertrand play he looks like a rookie.

Very poor today so he is ,

Love a triple sub

Cole ,

Rambo ,

Hazard

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

the_monkey wrote: »
    Would Jose be arsed if (when) we finish 5th or lower ?

we wont

If he brings on Yossi , I shall be turning this game off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

In fairness if we have ambitions of top 4 we should be hammering teams like Southampton. Muck today we are. V ponderous on the ball.

Lampard off, Moses off, Bertrand off

Hazard, Ramires, Ba on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Everytime I've seen Chelsea this season they just look utterly blunt up front. Can't understand why they let Sturridge go, surely he's a better option than Torres or Moses?

I mean really !!!!

Bringing on Yossi we need a goal ,

A sure dont bother with Ba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

If he brings on Yossi , I shall be turning this game off

FFS he just went and done it.... what is Rafa thinking :confused:

Leaves on a woeful Moses and takes off Oscar , what is this fella smoking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

WTF, how did Torres get a yellow for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    WTF, how did Torres get a yellow for that?

That's the least of my worries ATM.

In fairness if we have ambitions of top 4 we should be hammering teams like Southampton. Muck today we are. V ponderous on the ball.

Lampard off, Moses off, Bertrand off

Hazard, Ramires, Ba on

Think City got beaten here ,

Even Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Even Liverpool

Seriously think Rafa is losing on purpose
    Undercover agent for Liverpool

I honestly think Lampard is being much too selfish of late, playing for himself and not the team anymore. I disagreed with someone who said that too me a month or so ago but now I can see it.

Interim One mortgaging club's chances of Champions League football next season in search of personal cup glory. What a monumental !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I honestly think Lampard is being much too selfish of late, playing for himself and not the team anymore. I disagreed with someone who said that too me a month or so ago but now I can see it.
    He wants that record, and since it is doubtful as to whether he'll stay on in the summer, he doesn't have all that long to get it.

Jaysus, Moses couldn't pass wind today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Interim One mortgaging club's chances of Champions League football next season in search of personal cup glory. What a monumental !!!!!!

Can you blame him? I'd do the same if I was treated the same way as he was.

And now we pass it around at the back like a team trying to kill off the game, what the hell is going on, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

Beyond useless today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

the_monkey wrote: »
    Seriously think Rafa is losing on purpose
    Undercover agent for Liverpool

Ah fûck off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Absolute muck, really showing a lack of depth and passion in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Well that would fill you full of cofidence for the run in:mad:

We've lost our Steel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bizzare team selection and a shocking performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

So much for making top 4 our priority, I guarantee we'll have a much stronger team out on Monday.

Moses was absolutely muck today as was Bertrand & Torres. How is Torres getting a game he offers absolutely nothing.

Other results considered, that could not have gone worse.
    Caveman1 wrote: »
    Moses was absolutely muck today as was Bertrand & Torres. How is Torres getting a game he offers absolutely nothing.

Agree on B and M, thought Nando was the best of a bad lot

On a good run before the break , No Hazzard and Mata really hurt us today but the change needed to be made for Hazard to come on at half time ,

Very disenchanted after watching that.

Wrong Tactics , Wrong team selection , wrong everything , cant wait to see the back of Rafa ,

We have one of the worst records this season coming from behind , Rafa struggles to change a game and you have to ask questions of him when you look what he has at his disposal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Johner wrote: »
    Bizzare team selection and a shocking performance.

Rafa probably prioritizing the FA cup over Chelsea's league position. Winning the FA cup would look far better on his CV rather than finishing top 4.

Not that I think you won't finish in the top 4, I think you will but team selections and results like today definitely put it in jeopardy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Surprise, surprise losing with that team selection. Bad day all round with City , Spurs and Arsenal winning.

Hope Monday is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Realistically that team, on paper, should have been good enough to get 3 points but one of that first half performance was one of the worst the club has put in since Roman arrived. It was desperate stuff. Marin was as close to invisible as you can come while being on the pitch, Terry/Ivanovic remains my least favourite possible centre back pairing, Mikel/Lampard is almost as bad a midfield pairing and Moses was pretty awful, Torres, though he ran a lot, still never looked likely to produce a match winning moment.

On the bright side, Hazard was excellent when he came on, had a real go at them, always looked to get on the ball and create something, his terrific form continues. Luke Shaw was terrific at left back, really rock solid defensively, good on the ball, easy to see why Chelsea are in the hunt for him.

Rafa's substitutions were perplexing. Benayoun for Oscar? Moses staying on the pitch? No Ba? Not good enough. Maybe he thinks we have the top 4 sewn up so he prioritized the FA Cup game on Monday night but top 4 really isn't in the bag yet and top 4 is more important than the FA Cup.

We clearly have a talented group of players, but there are still some key positions which we require something different in because at the moment it's like somebody got two different teams from two entirely different footballing philosophies and smashed them together and this Chelsea team is the result of that.

Keeping postive by remembering if we win our game in hand we'll jump Spurs, and have better GD than the Gunners(even if marginal).

Killinator wrote: »

Agree on B and M, thought Nando was the best of a bad lot

Really? I thought he was shocking, at one stage he pointed towards the goal and when the ball was crossed he was just standing still then shrugs his shoulders.

Its very frustrating to think we had Ba on the bench and yet we bring Benayoun on :confused:

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Really? I thought he was shocking, at one stage he pointed towards the goal and when the ball was crossed he was just standing still then shrugs his shoulders.

I didnt see that, he did make some good runs and set up Moses well on a counter, pity Moses had more chance of scoring for Sothampton than us today.

There's NEVER an excuse to bring Yossi on, there is ALWAYS an alternative, like bringing on Ba, or not making a change!

Even Liverpool

I believe they lost to QPR recently.

I'm sorry but any team that is not fighting for a Champions League position is a comparatively rubbish team ergo Southampton are rubbish and we should be beating them at a canter regardless of who they have beaten recently.

I believe they lost to QPR recently.

No, that was us again:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Good article, but it'll only take one loss and Benitez will be back under the same pressure he was.. I wouldnt be saying he was won ''the battle'' with fans yet..

Lets hope he does though, cos that'l mean we are winning!
    dfx- wrote: »
    It'll only take an equaliser or a goal down at halftime, never mind a defeat:pac:

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Jesus H. Christ... What a dismal, dire, distressing and diabolical performance (I like a bit of alliteration, me).

The Chelsea Reserves or Youths would have put up a better performance today. I know there's an FA Cup game against United in a few days, but not starting Hazard was bloody criminal. Screw the FA Cup at this stage, IMO. The League needs top priority. What good is maybe winning the FA Cup if the club finishes 5th or 6th? I'll tell ya:

IT'S NOT WORTH AN UTTER WÁNK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Was it only 1 shot on target in the 2nd half which was a misguided shoot.
    Really poor to watch and need to bring some loanees back plus the special one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Blatter wrote: »
    Rafa probably prioritizing the FA cup over Chelsea's league position. Winning the FA cup would look far better on his CV rather than finishing top 4.

Not that I think you won't finish in the top 4, I think you will but team selections and results like today definitely put it in jeopardy.

I will be shocked if we finish top 4 it just won't happen and the really sad thing is if RDM had not been sacked we would have finished top 4 with absolute ease. WTF is going on in our club.

I will be shocked if we finish top 4 it just won't happen and the really sad thing is if RDM had not been sacked we would have finished top 4 with absolute ease. WTF is going on in our club.

What happened was Roman's trigger happy, merry go around, approach to mangers has caught up with him :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭The Davestator

DazMarz wrote: »
    Jesus H. Christ... What a dismal, dire, distressing and diabolical performance (I like a bit of alliteration, me).

The Chelsea Reserves or Youths would have put up a better performance today. I know there's an FA Cup game against United in a few days, but not starting Hazard was bloody criminal. Screw the FA Cup at this stage, IMO. The League needs top priority. What good is maybe winning the FA Cup if the club finishes 5th or 6th? I'll tell ya:

IT'S NOT WORTH AN UTTER WÁNK.

I seriously LOL'd at the last part - all true too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

What happened was Roman's trigger happy, merry go around, approach to mangers has caught up with him :mad:

Yea would say that just about sums it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Have a bad feeling that this crazy fixture pile-up is going to ruin our push for the top 4.

The only complaint I could have about Rafa's team today was that Hazard should've came on at HT. Reckon we would've got a point at least it if he had.
    In fairness to Rafa, he needs to rotate with 4 games in 8 days. The players just weren't good enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I seriously LOL'd at the last part - all true too.

I have my eloquent moments... :)

Nathan Ake has flown out to Italy to play in the NextGen final tomorrow.

Rafa complains about not having a big enough squad but lets Ake off to play youth football when he's more than capable of playing in the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Absolutely raging at this stage.
    We spent millions in the summer on some really good talent (like Hazard and then he doesnt get played!)
    Yet some idiot decided to ship out or just ged rid of so many players we are still left with a small squad, in pretty much every area of the pitch (Showing we learnt nothing from Carlo's second season when we did the same and got a lot of injuries)
    2 strikers - and one of them a "known" liability with a huge question mark over them.
    3 "proper" midfielders, Mikel , Lamps and Ramires, yet we still play rambo on the right wing and pair the 2 slowest together,
    Weve also been looking for a decent backup keeper for years now, yet we have a much better one on loan!

And then, the icing on the cake, we sack a manager still only a few points off the top and hire a clueless one, not wanted by ANY OTHER CLUB for 2 years and who lasted 5 months at his previous club, all because he was the manager of a certain player when he was actually a player!
    Who then starts playing players like Yossi and Marin, and yet Marin couldnt get a start in less important games, plus he keeps playing the SAME tactics with one striker only, when we saw a glimpse of a link up between Ba and Torres

Good grief, wakey wakey Chelsea board!

Oh and 14 defeats this season to such top teams as QPR, and a good few crap draws!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

What team u reckon you will field 2mrw?

• Advertisement

Shane St. wrote: »
    What team u reckon you will field 2mrw?

It should be the one that was fielded yesterday. The weakest team should start. Save the best for the league. Top 4 is an absolute necessity. No Champions League = major failure.

League >>>>>> Cup(s).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement