Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    for almost his entire tenure with us it was 4-3-3 and a ttimes he played a 4-3-3 at Inter when he signed Eto'o but at real he has all the tools for a eprfectly balanced 4-2-3-1, I'd argue he would have the same with us if he deployed the right players but I could see him changing a decent chunk of the current squad.

i think if jose comes back you might see a 3 man midfield for some of the bigger games or at least the famous 'shut up shop' when we are winning which we have not been able to manage since he left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

If we got Ronaldo with Jose..

Im not usually one for these kind of comments...

But I think we'd be a dead cert to win the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If we got Ronaldo with Jose..

Im not usually one for these kind of comments...

But I think we'd be a dead cert to win the league!

Fixed that for ya. ;)

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya. ;)

Haha I wouldnt be that confident, but I think if we had Jose we wouldnt blow a lead in the table the way we have in the winter months in previous years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I'd be confident enough of getting Jose IF we finish in top 4 !!! and that's gonna be tricky - especially with undercover Rafa working against us ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Haha I wouldnt be that confident, but I think if we had Jose we wouldnt blow a lead in the table the way we have in the winter months in previous years..

I would be, and I'm not one for these kinds of statements either, but If Jose is manager next year we'll win the league.

Weve long been saying weve the players to winthe league, if we have the players then it must be the manager, if we get Jose next year and we dont winthe league or at least push all the way we know exactly where the blame lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Would Jose bring along a few of the younger lads (Lukaku, De Bruyne Courtois) or would he just ask for a blank chequebook and bring in new players ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Panthro wrote: »
    Would Jose bring along a few of the younger lads (Lukaku, De Bruyne Courtois) or would he just ask for a blank chequebook and bring in new players ye think?

I doubt he would ask for or get a blank chequebook but I do think the squad is a bit short in certain areas. For Mourinho squad depth is huge, look at the Chelsea squad during his time at the club, vast and filled with quality and many options, same at Inter, same at Madrid.

Assuming Marin leaves then perhaps another winger, another striker too if Torres leaves, I'd say a central midfielder is a must and perhaps a centre back.

• Advertisement

Essien is starting tonight at full back.
    Gwan Essien!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

We've enough talent alright but we have a serious striking problem! I can't put my finger on the reason but for one reason or another nando cannot buy a goal and even ba who had been quite prolific until he arrived with us hasn't been taking his chances, in fact any time I've seen him play I deem him to be as bad if not worse than torres, I know that nando has had more time to settle and all that but there must either be something wrong with our movement in the final third which I can't believe or the fact that we have two piss poor strikers that will never match our aspirations which is more likely. I also think that our creative trio have no faith on the line leaders which doesn't help.

Before anybody asks I did see ba's wonderful finish Monday.

Essien is starting tonight at full back.
    Gwan Essien!

A bit nostalgic watching that tonight with Jose drogs and ess all on the same pitch. First time I've seen drogs play post chelsea and it just doesn't seem right.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Phoenix wrote: »
    900x900px-LL-73f75ec0_RandyMarshJizz.jpeg

I remember the same said about Drogba and Torres ,

I wish we would stop the silly money signings , look inside the club ,

Lukaku, Feruz

+1 Chelsea and big reputation strikers doesn't seem to work.

• Advertisement

Ba and Lukaku to be the main men up front for us next season?
    Piazon at the ready to enter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Both are good strikers. But they aren't really your level. Lukaku might be in the future but he isn't at the moment. You need to be looking at guys like Falcao and Cavani.

Cavani went through a bit of a "barren" spell recently.....and you couldn't tell when he came on against Torino. He scored twice and looked really threatening. I think he would suit you guys down to the ground.

Ray wilkins is blaming Rafa for Cole's injury, apparently resting a guy on saturday is a bad thing for a game on Sunday.

Wosrt.........comment...........ever.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9970262/Chelsea-interim-manager-Rafael-Benitez-sets-his-sights-on-summer-move-to-top-English-side.html

Drogba looked ok last night, he still has enough to offer even at 35, he won alot of the headers and duals with Ramos and got some change out of Varane, who on another a note is going to be a fine CB, his reading of the game and recovery last night were very good, especially for such ayoung guy and hes quick enough and strong enough to compete with the best, hes a scary prospect Real have.

From the express

Michael Essien's ready to go back to fight for place in Chelsea team

CHELSEA midfielder Michael Essien still believes he has a future at Stamford Bridge.

The 30-year-old moved on loan to Real Madrid last summer and teamed up with his former boss Jose Mourinho, but is due to be recalled by the Blues come the end of the season.

His Real future appears to hinge on whether or not Mourinho will leave, however the Portuguse coach appears destined to return to his spiritual home at Stamford Bridge.

Essien admits that Chelsea are going through a transitional stage but he is confident that they will be able to recapture the glory days.

He told sports website The Sport Review: "They can still win trophies in the cups this season so people shouldn’t write them off yet.

Michael Essien's future seems to hinge on whether Jose Mourinho will leave Real

They can still win trophies in the cups this season so people shouldn’t write them off yet
    Michael Essien
    “I have followed Chelsea all season, and although it hasn’t been as planned at the start of the season, I think it’s down to the fact it is a transitional season."

Essien though is adamant that he can still offer a lot to Chelsea when his loan spell at Real finishes.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I dont think hes played enough in CM to warrant a game in our squad, he was on the decline last year and I just dont think hes up to it in CM anymore, unless he was deployed solely as a DM and let Luiz or Ramires along side him to play the box to box role.

Although with Romeu and Josh Mac coming back next year we'll have a surplus of CM's trying squeeze into 2, maybe 3 roles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

David Luiz is an out and out top man, seems to be genuine in all he does.

From his Twitter feed:
    I met some inspirational friends at the hospital today @GreatOrmondSt support these kids if you can…

http://instagram.com/p/XpoD4eDHXx/

Interesting !, anyway happy enough with that win, allthough away goal is tricky , we could easily lose 2-0 away...

Good night all round I'd say what with spurs getting injured and Chelsea winning :)

peteeeed wrote: »

and is this may 5 or april 4 ?

Torres cheeky pup

article-2304163-1918292B000005DC-114_634x443.jpg

• Advertisement

Torres cheeky pup

article-2304163-1918292B000005DC-114_634x443.jpg

when he is good he's very very good but when he's bad he's horrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lampard was shocking tonight.

Good performance though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Good night for Chelsea. I'd be confident of scoring at least once out there.

Also, cynical and utterly horrible as this is to say, we also had a good result from White Hart Lane... both on the scoreboard and in terms of Bale getting injured. Without him, I think Spurs will suffer. A lot. And if that sees them start to drop points, all the better.

A horrible thing to say, but the same would be being said about Chelsea if any of Hazard, Mata or Oscar got injured for us. Spurs' loss is Chelsea's gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Andre Schurlle to Chelsea supposedly almost a done deal. De Bruyne part of the deal apparently. Good player

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

DazMarz wrote: »
    Good night for Chelsea. I'd be confident of scoring at least once out there.

Also, cynical and utterly horrible as this is to say, we also had a good result from White Hart Lane... both on the scoreboard and in terms of Bale getting injured. Without him, I think Spurs will suffer. A lot. And if that sees them start to drop points, all the better.

A horrible thing to say, but the same would be being said about Chelsea if any of Hazard, Mata or Oscar got injured for us. Spurs' loss is Chelsea's gain.
    Bale likely to only miss 2 games according to AVB

amiable wrote: »
    Bale likely to only miss 2 games according to AVB

Whaaaa :eek:

That'l only be a week out.. its surely worse than that?

I was expecting that to be the end of his season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Of course AVB is going to paint the picture as rosy as he can. But the scan being done tomorrow will reveal more. I cannot believe in good faith (having seen the injury and the numerous replays) that it will only keep him out for a week. If Spurs rush him back, it could aggravate it. And I feel they will, as without him (and Defoe and Lennon and Gallas) their squad is shrinking and does not look as robust. No one man is a team, but Bale will be a HUGE loss to Spurs.

While this is proper Schaudenfraude on my part, I cannot help but feel that Spurs will be placed at a disadvantage by this (no matter how temporarily) and Chelsea (and Arsenal and Everton) will all surely seek to capitalise upon it.

Phoenix wrote: »
    link?

its from the sun , they are also say courtois will be on loan in the premier league next year

CHELSEA are set to offer Bayer Leverkusen £12m plus Kevin de Bruyne to land Andre Schurrle.
    German sources last night insisted Leverkusen are ready to sell the forward, 22, who starred for Germany at Euro 2012.
    Blues were snubbed when they tried to sign Schurrle last summer. But the Londoners are ready to make him their first signing of this close season.
    Belgium starlet De Bruyne, 21, has spent this season on loan at Werder Bremen after joining Chelsea from Genk for £7.5m.
    He has impressed, netting six goals and providing seven assists in 27 Bundesliga games.
    Borussia Dortmund are also after De Bruyne but it seems Leverkusen have the upper hand given Chelsea’s long-standing interest.
    Chelsea are also ready to send keeper Thibaut Courtois, 20, on loan to a Premier League club next season.
    Fulham, Wigan and Southampton are all after him.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4873805/Kevin-De-Bruyne-eyed-up-by-German-champs-Dortmund.html#ixzz2PZV9aZNU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Good enough as Schurrle seems to be I would hate KdB to be part of the deal, at times we suffer from a lack of width and KdB is quality on the wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/200833.html

Personally I dont get this at all, KDB is at this time the exact same level as Schurrle, very similar in age, both getting time in their respective national teams.

Schurrle
    Games 27
    Goals 8
    Assists 5

KDB
    Games 27
    Goals 6
    Assists 7

The major difference here, Leverkusen are 3rd in the league only behind Bayern and Dortmund, while Werder are 14th and hovering just above relegation.

For me that makes KDB that little more impressive getting those numbers in a side struggling and losing more than they're winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The other rumour doing the rounds - supposedly from KdB's agent - is that de Bruyne has been recalled from loan and will feature in the first team next season.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/kevin-de-bruyne-gets-chelsea-boost-8558263.html

That would make more sense. Bring back some loanees and broaden the nucleus of the young passing side that Roman is always said to have wanted; offload some of the old-timers and mis-firers - Yossi, Marin, Lamps, Malouda, Ferreira, Turnbull - to balance the books. I also think that Romeu could be influential next season.

This made me laugh I have to say Barca have some nerve the amount of favorable decisions they get

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22037418

Duck Soup wrote: »
    The other rumour doing the rounds - supposedly from KdB's agent - is that de Bruyne has been recalled from loan and will feature in the first team next season.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/kevin-de-bruyne-gets-chelsea-boost-8558263.html

That would make more sense. Bring back some loanees and broaden the nucleus of the young passing side that Roman is always said to have wanted; offload some of the old-timers and mis-firers - Yossi, Marin, Lamps, Malouda, Ferreira, Turnbull - to balance the books. I also think that Romeu could be influential next season.

I hope that is the true rumour and it seems far more sensible to me, LanceStorm makes an excellent comparison. I would love to say the brains trust at Stamford Bridge is not that daft .... I would love to but cant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Barca should be fined for not controlling their players. The amount of initimidation they showed to the ref was disgraceful - worse than any of the ref's errors on the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Utd v Chelsea 00/01 on Setanta Ireland , god i miss that team :(

Soby wrote: »
    Utd v Chelsea 00/01 on Setanta Ireland , god i miss that team :(

Alot better team now :P

Can't find it now but there were some tweets that the detail in a possible Schurrie transfer to Chelsea is true but the facts wrong. Being tweeted that the transfer is agreed but KdB is going to Dortmund on a season long loan. Even though I would love to see KdB at the Bridge this would seem TP make much more sense.

Found a link not the one of the ones I was reading earlier but will do

http://www.touchlinetalk.com/chelsea-to-sign-leverkusen-star/42961/?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd like Schurrle for sure but any deal that sees De Bruyne go there permanently wouldn't be avoided, another season could further his development too. Would have liked to have seen him around next season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement