Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

/\/\/\/\ Blue Man Group say "WTF?!"
    Ba looks pretty unhappy, Torres is only loving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Pre order before we see the jersey ? , no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Soby wrote: »
    Pre order before we see the jersey ? , no thanks

Why not?
    If you're a jersey wearer you know you'll end up buying it anyway, besides it'll grow on you I don't think I liked any of the last two seasons second and third kits when I seen em first but the all grew on me so much so that now I think the last two third kits are among my faves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

It's only gay if you looked to see could you spot the outline of their mickys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Panthro wrote: »
    It's only gay if you looked to see could you spot the outline of their mickys.

lol...

I must now do this!

tumblr_m9rxcjOEZf1r5kyvmo1_500.gif

lol...

I must now do this!

tumblr_m9rxcjOEZf1r5kyvmo1_500.gif

Gif War!!!

tumblr_mh00vjDg7R1rmhnudo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Why not?
    If you're a jersey wearer you know you'll end up buying it anyway, besides it'll grow on you I don't think I liked any of the last two seasons second and third kits when I seen em first but the all grew on me so much so that now I think the last two third kits are among my faves.

Meh i dunno , still wouldnt hand over 60 euro to buy something without knowing what it looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Harry j of our ' liquidator' anthem RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Panthro wrote: »

Directly after the story about Schurrie deal breaks....hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

I have being completely suckered in by the marketing campaign but new ad has convinced me to pre order a jersey for the first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Lukaku on the bench for West Brom. They prefer Shane Long up front for this one against Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Phoenix wrote: »
    Chelsea-201314-1.png
    This is our new home jersey for next season allegedly :pac:

"Very Schalke" was my first thought on it. I actually quite like it. Not 100% sure about the collar on it, though. I like the design of the blue/white, and that's how a Chelsea jersey should be: Blue and White and no other nonsense (though I will allow a dispensation for the 05/06 jersey; that was a beauty with the gold flashes along the shoulders).

DazMarz wrote: »
    "Very Schalke" was my first thought on it. I actually quite like it. Not 100% sure about the collar on it, though. I like the design of the blue/white, and that's how a Chelsea jersey should be: Blue and White and no other nonsense (though I will allow a dispensation for the 05/06 jersey; that was a beauty with the gold flashes along the shoulders).
    In the blue is all that matters promo the crest is encircled with gold trim so id say that's fake please god!
    I can't remember such hype surrounding a kit launch better be worth waiting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Lukaku on the bench for West Brom. They prefer Shane Long up front for this one against Arsenal.

Poor decision as he looked great when he came on - apart from missing a sitter. He came on when Arsenal were doing their best to throw the game away but still he looked a class act. Strong in possession and a good passer of the ball.

• Advertisement

Predictions for todays game lads?

Any sort of win will do , just when we think we have got it right we don't perform but I think we will win today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Also todays match thread here
    And the Supporters group match thread here
    KTBFF!

We have played 31 games yet I can only see six remaining Premier league fixtures whats going on?

Chelsea F.C.
    17-7, 3rd in Barclays Premier League
    Scores & Schedule
    14 Apr - FA Cup
    16:00
    Chelsea vs Man City
    17 Apr - Premier League
    20:00
    Fulham vs Chelsea
    21 Apr - Premier League
    Liverpool vs Chelsea
    27 Apr - Premier League
    15:00
    Chelsea
    vs
    Swansea City
    4 May - Premier League
    Man United
    vs
    Chelsea
    12 May - Premier League
    Aston Villa
    vs
    Chelsea
    19 May - Premier League
    Chelsea
    vs
    Everton
    All times are in Ireland Time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

We have played 31 games yet I can only see six remaining Premier league fixtures whats going on?

Chelsea F.C.
    17-7, 3rd in Barclays Premier League
    Scores & Schedule
    14 Apr - FA Cup
    Chelsea vs Man City
    17 Apr - Premier League
    20:00
    Fulham vs Chelsea
    21 Apr - Premier League
    Liverpool vs Chelsea
    27 Apr - Premier League
    Chelsea
    vs
    Swansea City
    4 May - Premier League
    Man United
    vs
    Chelsea
    12 May - Premier League
    Aston Villa
    vs
    Chelsea
    19 May - Premier League
    Chelsea
    vs
    Everton
    All times are in Ireland Time

The Chelsea v Spurs game has not been given a date yet.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Any sort of win will do , just when we think we have got it right we don't perform but I think we will win today

Well we got any sort of win

Even tho he didn't score today torres was the match winner for me today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Has Torres turned a corner or is it yet another false dawn?

If Torres turns any more corners, he'll be back to where he started. :P

Gbear wrote: »
    Has Torres turned a corner or is it yet another false dawn?

He's just going to give us all hope that he has and instill the belief that next year he's gonna be banging em in for sport in the hope that Roman won't go out and buy falco or some other superstar striker to replace him. But all joking aside he's great to watch when he's having a good day.

Really hope United win on Monday. Then there's a chance for Chelsea to aim for 2nd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Missed the game, was Ba is bad as people made him out to be and was Torres the better option from the start given his 2 goals the other night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

DazMarz wrote: »
    If Torres turns any more corners, he'll be back to where he started. :P

isn't that what we want??

duploelabs wrote: »
    isn't that what we want??

I meant where he started with Chelsea. That is NOT what we want...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

interesting quote from Espn Shurrie deal all but done KDB to go BL on loan for

one year with no option to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Even tho he didn't score today torres was the match winner for me today.

He was well fired up, but the 3 amigos were poor and mostly anon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Looking forward to MOTD, want to see Fernando after all the talk about him here :P

Anyone think he will start against City in the cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Looking forward to MOTD, want to see Fernando after all the talk about him here :P

Anyone think he will start against City in the cup?

Think Ba picked up an injury too so I'd say so...

Probably means that. Hopefully. I don't think Chelsea should go in for Falcao. Next season, it could be (potentially) Lukaku, Schurrle, Ba and Torres. That would be a tasty selection of striking options (even if Schurrle is more a winger). Add to that, Mazascar and it's good.

I reckon Torres will remain for at least one more season, come what may. He's actually playing ok the last while, he's been front-and-centre for the latest ad campaign (though there was a disturbing lack of Lamps and Ashley) and I highly doubt many clubs are willing to take a punt on him with regards the outlay (the fee and then the wages).

I seriously think that if Lukaku is given a decent run, he'd be excellent. He's a proper target man and is like a greyhound in terms of speed. With Torres and Ba as backup to that, it's all good.

Chelsea have always been the bridesmaid, and never the bride, when it comes to proper world class strikers over the past decade or so. In comparison to our nearest rivals anyway. Only Drogba and arguably Anelka were proper world-class striking options Chelsea had. If you compare to the other top clubs in England and their strikers over the past few years:

-United: Rooney, van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Tevez, Chicarito, Berbatov
    -Arsenal: Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie, Kanu, Wiltord, Adebayor
    -Liverpool: Suarez, Owen, Torres, Fowler, Crouch, Kuyt
    -Man City: Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Robinho, Bellamy
    -Spurs: Defoe, Adebayor, Bale, Keane, Berbatov, Bent, Pavlyuchenko, Crouch

Right, some of the above are not centre forwards but chip in with a lot of goals and are superb at attacking. Others may not have shone a lot, but were seen as marquee buys and often did provide essential and memorable goals.

What strikers in the past 10 years (from the start of Roman's reign) have Chelsea had who were properly world class? And what world class strikers were signed by Chelsea who kept their form? Very few. Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen were excellent, but had been there since before 2003.

The list of strikers brought in by Chelsea since 2003 is very star-studded, but few to none of them shone bright at the club: Mutu, Crespo, Kezman, Kalou, Shevchenko, Pizzaro, Sturridge, Torres.

The exceptions to this rule is Drogba. A case can be made for Anelka. Apart from those two, none of the strikers signed by the club made any major impact, nor would they be able to lead the line effectively as Drogba or as effectively as the main strikers at rival clubs.

While I highly regard Falcao, I have a dreadful feeling that it would end in utter tears if he were to sign. I don't think he'd turn bad overnight or anything, but Chelsea has a reputation of "ruining" star strikers. Who knows.

I think that with Lukaku proving himself (and scoring pretty freely) at West Brom, he more than deserves a run as the lead striker. No need for a big marquee signing. Other areas (central defender, central midfielder) need more attention, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I thought Oscar was very poor yesterday.

I am not sure Spurs' list there is a demonstration of world class strikers and I wouldn't swap with ours.

Well it was a good weekend, Spurs drew, QPR threw away 3 points right at the death. Utd winning will put 2nd in reach but I'd happily take 4th at this stage.

In fact Utd doing over City could soften them up for us, one would hope anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I really dont want ManU winning the title for a while yet, I hate the thought of giving them a guard of honor at OT before our game.

Absolutely tonking weekend Chelsea and Munster win Spurs & QPR don't shame the Bee's and Palace couldn't win but at least they are still in good contention for a play-off place.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Missed the game, was Ba is bad as people made him out to be and was Torres the better option from the start given his 2 goals the other night?

Apparently it was a very heavy tackle on Ba hurt his ankle struggled on until half time and I think a scan being done today.

Apparently it was a very heavy tackle on Ba hurt his ankle struggled on until half time and I think a scan being done today.

good job torres is really starting to put a shift in at the moment, worked his socks off yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

The thing ive noticed most about Torres in the last few games is that he seems more interested, he's showing for the ball a lot more, also yesterday he was chasing a ball he must of gave o Shea a good 10 yards and he still flew past him, now I know O'Shea is no Usain Bolt but it just reminded me of the Torres of old.

Hopefully he can keep up this type of form till the end of the season, its the least he could do I suppose.

IF Nando can keep the form going then he would be a huge asset for the club after all thats why Roman doshed out ST£50m on him. I would be delighted if he did as a strike force of Lukaku, Schurrle, Ba and Torres would be none to shabby, young Furez could make a few appearances in the Carling cup or whatever as well and at a push we have Moses too.

A decent centre half and we would be sorted then, though I would like to see Kalas being given a run seen as we seem to have made a huge cock up with Matic would hate to see that repeated again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I thought Oscar was very poor yesterday.

He's been terrible the last while in my opinion, for someone thats had flashes of brilliance and is Brazils starting #10, I cant understand how he manages to give the ball away so much, loss of concentration maybe but its always simple passes or mis-control that ends up with the other team on the counter.

needs to improve and quick, if he keeps ending up being played on the wing you can see that Moses would be a better choice on the right and he'll end up benched, I think we need to look at him moving further back to play in the double pivot.

LanceStorm wrote: »
    He's been terrible the last while in my opinion, for someone thats had flashes of brilliance and is Brazils starting #10, I cant understand how he manages to give the ball away so much, loss of concentration maybe but its always simple passes or mis-control that ends up with the other team on the counter.

needs to improve and quick, if he keeps ending up being played on the wing you can see that Moses would be a better choice on the right and he'll end up benched, I think we need to look at him moving further back to play in the double pivot.

in all fairness he has been played the whole of last summer , running out of steam

I'd much prefer Moses on the right then Oscar, I think hes wasted out there and it narrows our play an awful lot.

LanceStorm wrote: »

He is also young and adjusting to the premier league, I think next year after a rest and a good preseason he could be excellent.

• Advertisement

He is also young and adjusting to the premier league, I think next year after a rest and a good preseason he could be excellent.

No doubting that, the young fella is an excellent talent as it is but he'll have to adjust and not go missing in games, it will take time but he has the ability.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement