Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

How did they threw that away! Was piazon playing? I only got the last couple of mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

kev1.3s wrote: »
    How did they threw that away! Was piazon playing? I only got the last couple of mins.

Nah, Piazon wasn't on the pitch. But still... Woulda been some experience for him. He was why I was up for Malaga. But that's football.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Nah, Piazon wasn't on the pitch. But still... Woulda been some experience for him. He was why I was up for Malaga. But that's football.

I just turned it on about 90 mind or so and said if they score now it'll make the last couple of mins interesting but I didn't believe they would do it , that's the kind of attitude sorely missed at cfc these days.

Just saw Drogba's goal for Galatasaray. Dear god, it was cheeky and brilliant. He ain't lost it, lads... What a legend.

K, it's been about 4 and a half years since I started posting on here.

Post #5000 is right here in the Chelsea thread, where it belongs! :D

Carefree Since 1905!!! CFC!!! G'wan the Blues! :D

(I now, officially, have no fúcking life...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

HazDanz wrote: »
    So Mikel says he's not a fan of Thursday night football and finds it hard to motivate himself for it.

Is he right to feel this way?

Personally I think that's a terrible stance from a professional footballer earning a serious wage to play the game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22077711

If he said he was happy playing Thursday nights, people would question his ambition. You can't win!

Looks to me like a reporter looking for a story out of nothing tbh.

He clearly says "It has been kind of frustrating to watch [Champions League matches] - and we have to then play on Thursday night./.. we have been used to it, to those nights, those special nights, and we want to get them back, we want to be involved again in the Champions League next season"

Leave poor John Obi alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

from todays daily star
    JOSE MOURINHO has already drawn up a transfer shopping list for Chelsea – with striker Hulk at the top of it.

Mourinho has agreed to go back to Stamford Bridge this summer following talks between his agent Jorge Mendes, and Blues owner Roman Abramovich and his advisers.

And the pursuit of Hulk does not bode well for the future of £50m Fernando Torres, especially if the London club also win the raceto sign Colombian hotshot Falcao from Atletico Madrid.

Real Madrid boss Mourinho sees Hulk – full name Givanildo Vieira de Souza – as the sort of powerful hitman who can have the same major impact as Didier Drogba did under the Portuguese coach at Chelsea.

Starsport can confi rm Mourinho has verbally agreed his Stamford Bridge comeback on a salary understood to match the £12m a year he is paid in Spain.

He is expected to resign his Bernabeu position at the end of the season, with his dream scenario to quit after winning the Champions League at Wembley on May 25.

He made a similar dramatic exit following success in Europe’s top club competitionwith Porto in 2004 and Inter three years ago.

Mourinho will want a major shakeup at Chelsea, including the axing of Michael Emenalo, the technical director of football at the club, and control over transfer ins and outs.

Although Hulk only joined Zenit St Petersburg for £42m in September, Abramovich has close connections with the Russian club.

Zenit owners Gazprom paid Abramovich and his business partner £6.5b for their stake in the Sibneft oil company.

And Mourinho knows all about 26-year-old Hulk from the hitman’s time in Portugal with Vitoria – from 2004-06 – and Porto, 2008-12.

Reports in Spain yesterday suggested Mendes was in London “during the past week” to meet with Chelsea, who agreed to offer Mourinho a three-year deal and total independence to choose who he wants in the transfer market.

But the Stamford Bridge club want a definitive answer on his future by June 1 at the very latest.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/308350/Jose-wants-Brazil-ace-Hulk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If anything the Hulk talk doesnt sit well for all the AM's not Ba, Torres, Lukaku.

I mean anytime I've watched him hes always played on the RW cutting in that includes for Brazil, Porto and Zenit.

Cant see Falcao joining us look at all the big name strikers we've been burnt by and they've all come in around the 27-29 age group, right where Falcao is now.

Fool me once and all that jazz.

DazMarz wrote: »
    K, it's been about 4 and a half years since I started posting on here.

Post #5000 is right here in the Chelsea thread, where it belongs! :D

Carefree Since 1905!!! CFC!!! G'wan the Blues! :D

(I now, officially, have no fúcking life...)

If I added up all my posts in these Chelsea threads I bet it would be a good 75% of my total posts.

:( :pac:

• Advertisement

No decision will be made on Bertrand until today, we could see Paolo F or Ake at LB.

That back line is going to face a big test though and the possible team could be chopped and changed with Sunday in mind.

I'd hope to see :

Cech
    Ivan JT Luiz Paolo
    Mikel Lamps
    Moses Mata Marin
    Torres

If we are winning on the night with 30 mins to go, whip Mata off and give him a rest for Sunday.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    No decision will be made on Bertrand until today, we could see Paolo F or Ake at LB.

That back line is going to face a big test though and the possible team could be chopped and changed with Sunday in mind.

I'd hope to see :

Cech
    Ivan JT Luiz Paolo
    Mikel Lamps
    Moses Mata Marin
    Torres

If we are winning on the night with 30 mins to go, whip Mata off and give him a rest for Sunday.

bertrand not travelling

Paolo is more then experienced enough to get the job done but if he does play it will be a weakness in the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    I soo want the Jose talk to be true but Hulk?Surely Jose would want to sort out the defence first

If he can turn Luiz into a Carvalho of sorts, bal playing defender who can actually defend we'll be sorted for years to come.

IMO Luiz is going to be critical in the next 2-3 years and if we can partner him with a very good CB we'll be ok.

I'd love to suggest Varane but that wont happen at all, considering they played big money for him and his stock is on the up and up.

I presume we're cheering on PSG tonight lads?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

ABB :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Ab so f*cking lutely !!

Allthough only Bayern or Madrid can stop Barça now ...

Hopefully at the start of next season we will have Ba, Lukaku, a fired up Nando and perhaps Feruz & Moses as back up. Having Ba and Lukaku I am not sure we really need Hulk. Personally if Falcao does go to ManU (I cant see it neither but if he does) then I would prefer if we went after Hernandez good player that guy.

I really dont see the need to pay ST£50m on a striker seems OTT to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Advertisement

Hopefully at the start of next season we will have Ba, Lukaku, a fired up Nando and perhaps Feruz & Moses as back up. Having Ba and Lukaku I am not sure we really need Hulk. Personally if Falcao does go to ManU (I cant see it neither but if he does) then I would prefer if we went after Hernandez good player that guy.

I really dont see the need to pay ST£50m on a striker seems OTT to me.

Just get robert lewandowski

If Falcao does go that means Rooney is off somewhere, probably PSG.

I echo the Hernandez idea, if we got him we'd have a real poacher, the little fecker always seems to score aginst us too.

So not only is Falcao going to ManU but they are getting a 15% discount roughly from his list price

http://football-talk.co.uk/76832/united-guarantee-falcaos-signature-after-paying-small-up-front-fee/?

Nice work if you can get it

They can have Falcao as far as I'm concerned.

Any deal that involved us getting Falcao probably meant we would have lost Courtois, f**k that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

They can have Falcao as far as I'm concerned.

Any deal that involved us getting Falcao probably meant we would have lost Courtois, f**k that.

Think Chelsea should loan Courtois to a Premier League team for next season to get him used to the league.
    He has been very good any time i have seen him for Athletico.

markie29 wrote: »
    Think Chelsea should loan Courtois to a Premier League team for next season to get him used to the league.
    He has been very good any time i have seen him for Athletico.

I'd agree with ya and its something thats been mentioned here as well as by a few sources, that's exactly what will happen for Courtois next year.

Hoping for tonight :

Zlatan hat trick & PSG to go through
    Bayern to go through

Semi Final :
    Bayern v Dortmund
    Real v PSG

Final
    Real v Bayern Final

Real win

Hoping for tonight :

Zlatan hat trick & PSG to go through
    Bayern to go through

Semi Final :
    Bayern v Dortmund
    Real v PSG

Final
    Real v Bayern Final

Real win

Jose resigns

Jose returns to London

Jose signs contract with Chelsea

There fixed that may as well go all the way with it

There fixed that may as well go all the way with it

You forgot "Brings Ronaldo, Modric and Varane"

From teamtalk.com

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck has said he is "completely open minded" about the club's search for their next manager.

Buck has insisted the search for the club's next manager has not yet begun in earnest, but suggested a return for Jose Mourinho is possible.

Mourinho is expected to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season and has long been linked with a return to Stamford Bridge, where interim boss Rafael Benitez is under contract until May.

Asked if anyone had been ruled out and about Mourinho in particular, Buck told Al Jazeera at the Business of Sport summit in Singapore: "I am completely open minded about it".

The Portuguese would be the fans' choice, having steered Chelsea to two Barclays Premier League titles, one FA Cup and two League Cups during three years in west London before departing in acrimonious circumstances in September 2007.

Chelsea are still to draw up a list of the possible 10th manager of Roman Abramovich's 10-year ownership.

"We really haven't started that yet," Buck added.

"We're all thinking about it and have some ideas and certainly Mr Abramovich is thinking about it.

"At the moment we're concentrating on the end of the season."

Benitez was appointed in November after Champions League-winning boss Roberto Di Matteo's departure when the Blues became the first holders of the trophy to exit at the group stage.

Chelsea are now in the Europa League and Buck's comments come on the eve of the quarter-final second leg with Rubin Kazan in Moscow. Chelsea hold a 3-1 first-leg lead.

Buck has been chairman since Abramovich's takeover in 2003, with the Russian oligarch's reign coinciding with great success, despite managerial turmoil.

Buck said: "I know we have fired what most people would say are a lot of managers - terminated the relationship is a better way to describe it - but we've always thought long and hard when we've done it.

"It's always difficult, it's always sad when a relationship is terminated.

"We don't look back, we always look forward and see where we're going and figure out how we get there.

"We certainly believe in stability in managers, but it has to be with the right manager."
    http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8629755/Buck-open-minded-in-boss-search

• Advertisement

You forgot "Brings Ronaldo, Modric and Varane"

Not sure they are good enough for us :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Gwan Carlo that's the stuff!

Shame, well hopefully Real or Bayern can dispatch of them, if they beat PSG on away goals rule ... no disrespect to PSG.

Then again Platini wants them to win it this year.

Disgrace of a competition, only look at the antics in Dortmund last night,
    I'm glad Chelsea have been there done that .... moving on ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

the_monkey wrote: »
    I'm glad Chelsea have been there done that .... moving on ....

Most of us would be happy to see us be there and do it again a few more times:D

Killinator wrote: »
    Most of us would be happy to see us be there and do it again a few more times:D

Of course, but no matter what happens now, at least the jinx is over, nothing can take 2012 EC champs away from us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

What kind of team we expecting 2mrw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Shane St. wrote: »

Rubin Kazan

Shane St. wrote: »

Yossi and Moses to start
    Luiz or Ake at LB, JT Ivan and Dave
    Lamps and Mikel
    Torres
    Hazard or Oscar
    Cech

Barca were there for the taking last night, better finishing and PSG could have been 2 up at half time.

They really lack a good CB, Pique isnt great at all and Puyol cant play forever, its all well and good playing Mascherano at CB for some of the Spanish games but hes not a CB.

Its easy to say without Messi even Barca looked only an average side but take a player of his calibre, the best player in the team, out of any team and it will effect them.

Still though, its the strongest possible Semi Final draw in some time and should bring some interesting draws on Friday morning.

• Advertisement

I really hope Barca dont make the final they are such an unsporting team it is incredible, I do have great faith they will lose though. It really is a strong semi and in fairness to ManC shows how hard their group was providing two semi finalists.

I'd hope they do make the Final and lose it, no matter who beats them.

Its easier to catch Bafrca in a one off game then palying them over 2 legs IMO, they can play poorly in one fo the ties and still have enough to get back into in the 2nd fixture.

A one off final they can be caught by the right team, in fact I think the 3 remaining teams can beat Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

"We certainly believe in stability in managers, but it has to be with the right manager."

He's got a future in stand-up comedy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I'd agree with ya and its something thats been mentioned here as well as by a few sources, that's exactly what will happen for Courtois next year.

have to say I think thats an awful idea, he's playing for Athletico Madrid at the moment:
    • Current Europa League Champions
    • Currently 3rd in the Spanish League
    • A handful of points off Real Madrid in 2nd and about 10points ahead of 4th, so they'll be in the champions league next year
    • Unless he plays for us next year, which he wont, then I cant see how a year at Wigan etc. will develop him any better than where he is for next year too

I think its more of a taster for the EPL game and how different it is to La Liga.

TBH he'd be better served then someone like Wigan, he'd get his game for a good portion of EPL teams but I can see your point, his current exposure to 1st team football and likely UCL football next year could see himat Atletico for another year.

• Advertisement

Personally I think that he is getting very settled at atletico and a move to the prem is a good idea. Last thing we need is him to decide he doesn't want to come to chelsea .

Has anyone thought Jose contract might be a tad rich even for Roman?

Its reported that at Real his contract is E14.8 million, which is roughly Stg12.2 Million or 240K a week, about 120K a week net. :pac:

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Personally I think that he is getting very settled at atletico and a move to the prem is a good idea. Last thing we need is him to decide he doesn't want to come to chelsea .

That would worry me too, perhaps a compromise first half of next season at Madrid and if they dont get out of their group the second half at a premier league club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I think its more of a taster for the EPL game and how different it is to La Liga.

for most positions id agree with you, but I do wonder how different it is for Keepers, De Gea is the obvious measuring stick here having recently come from Atlético Madrid to Utd.

De Gea has about 30 more games played than Courtois despite being 2 years older, the Belgians early start at Genk really paying off getting him first team experience.

Courtois has 9 appearances for the Belgian National team while De Gea has yet to make an appearance, so he has a high level of experience for a 20 year old.

De Gea struggled at times in his first season at Utd, mainly with crosses and being bullied by defenders and was rotated with Lindegaard at times, but by the end of the season he claimed #1 as his own and by all accounts has been class this year and will probably have the most clean sheets for the season.

Google tells me that Courtois has 3 inches in height on De Gea and almost 10kgs aswell, at 6ft 6 and 88kgs I think he'd handle himself quite well with crosses and big defenders.

Another year in the champions league with Atlético Madrid would do him no harm and I believe would then walk into the Chelsea first team as #1, joining the already large Belgian contingent we've amassed.

My only fear? Falling in love with Atlético Madrid and Spain, signing for Chelsea but then spending 3 years in sunny Spain at an extremely high level could change his future plans hugely!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    for most positions id agree with you, but I do wonder how different it is for Keepers, De Gea is the obvious measuring stick here having recently come from Atlético Madrid to Utd.

De Gea has about 30 more games played than Courtois despite being 2 years older, the Belgians early start at Genk really paying off getting him first team experience.

Courtois has 9 appearances for the Belgian National team while De Gea has yet to make an appearance, so he has a high level of experience for a 20 year old.

De Gea struggled at times in his first season at Utd, mainly with crosses and being bullied by defenders and was rotated with Lindegaard at times, but by the end of the season he claimed #1 as his own and by all accounts has been class this year and will probably have the most clean sheets for the season.

Google tells me that Courtois has 3 inches in height on De Gea and almost 10kgs aswell, at 6ft 6 and 88kgs I think he'd handle himself quite well with crosses and big defenders.

Another year in the champions league with Atlético Madrid would do him no harm and I believe would then walk into the Chelsea first team as #1, joining the already large Belgian contingent we've amassed.

My only fear? Falling in love with Atlético Madrid and Spain, signing for Chelsea but then spending 3 years in sunny Spain at an extremely high level could change his future plans hugely!

All very valid points but for what he can acheive at Chelsea I really hope he sees his future with us but I can understand him not wanting to wait another few years for us to replace Cech.

Honestly, Cech has been one of the best signings we've made and his service has been excellent but I'd be looking to bring in Courtois ASAP.

Looking at where he could go, maybe PSG if Carlo is still there, he'd be a big step from Sirigu anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement