Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

John Terry refused to shake FA chairman Bernsteins hand apparently at handover of Champions League Trophy or something. Don't blame him, but I am sure the press will stir it a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Chelsea vs Liverpool in the Youth cup is over on ITV4 atm. 7 min gone, nil all. 2-0 to chelsea on agg.

Panthro wrote: »

For all the slaggin Chelsea get for poor role models, Terry, Cole blah blah blah. Players like Luiz, Mata and Cech who NEVER put a foot wrong, and are genuine role models are completely forgotten about by the haters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ake with a header, boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Lovely header Ake looks really good lads doing well after iffy start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Who scored the other?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Who scored the other?

Swift

Through to final played them off the park but finishes 2-1 on the night 4-1 overall. Team looks tasty like Furez, Boga and Ake a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Very excited for Sunday!

Think we are going to Anfield with a great chance, im very confident that we will get a result, I think our lads will be well up for this one and they wont have forgotten what happened last season at Anfield......

I say 1-2 win for Chelsea, or maybe a 1-1 draw!

Hope to see Torres given enough time to really influence the game, thats assuming he wont start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Good result with Everton getting beaten today, that should hopefully count them out of the battle for Champions League spots. Arsenal move back into 3rd though, although we've two games in hand.

Bummer hoping Fulham might sneak a point any how's up the City and then nice easy win at Anfield woo hoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Phoenix wrote: »
    Quiet in here:D
    Some gossip: Reports coming out of Barcelona and Ecuador suggest Chelsea are closing in on the signing of Barcelona youngster Josimar Quintero
    Anyone heard of this guy?

paper talk on sky news says rafa could be staying on next year. Sometimes no gossip is good.
    Never heard of him but should get a manager first instead of players who might not fit the system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Today could be a good day, if city beat spurs and we destroy Liverpool, here's hoping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Thanks City. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

City laying down

Torres playing

• Advertisement

Same team as FA cup defeat to city except Torres starting instead of BA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ack f*cking typical. Should have seen red, I know he'll get a retrospective ban but that is no use to us. Sickened.

Phoenix wrote: »
    lads there is a match thread in the chelsea group if ye rather talk there

Can you add me to the group

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Ivan was superb today, only downside was that he didn't floor Suarez, disgusting .

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling yossi will be given a run out or worse starting.
    Damn you Rafa if he starts

Why o why bring on yossi. Did nothing when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭tigger123

Gutted. The Spurs came could well be the decider on 4th spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Why o why bring on yossi. Did nothing when he came on.

Clueless. I really didn't understand why he took off Hazard. By far and away the best player on the pitch, the only player who resembled anything close to an out-ball, of all the players to take off the one who shouldn't have is the one Rafa picked. Ba should have been on from the 70 minute mark, would have given us a more physical option up front. All of this is only nit-picking anyway because, were it not for a disgraceful referee performance, we would have won that game and would have deserved it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Beaten by goals from players who shouldn't have been on the pitch and after the allotted added time (I know it's /minimum/) and yet it still feels a bit like our fault?

3 very very odd substitutions... 2 centre backs that can't play together imo, too positionally unaware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

McDave wrote: »
    Liverpool haven't had a great season. I'm kind of hoping that, after our own up-and-down year but with the end clearly in sight, we're now capable of stringing a few wins together, even against tough opposition.

We do have some pretty serious weaknesses. If this team is tired, then Mikel's casual wastefulness can only make the rest of the team have to work that much harder. And our defence is still a bit on the skittish side. But if our creative midfield can get some momentum going, I'm confident of at least a draw.

Prediction: 2:1. To the Blues!

And Spurs and City to draw.
    :(

Spurs game it is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Delayed reaction to this, because I had to SkyPlus the match and only finished watching it now... My reaction to the end of the game:

(from 1:00; both the disintegrating Smith and the "it's not fair" sums me up pretty well)

Absolutely gutted at that. That was as bad as a loss. Racism wasn't enough for Suarez, no? He's turned to cannibalism now? Fúcking hell. What a deplorable excuse for a human being. Brilliant footballer, but a deplorable person.

But Chelsea have to take some blame. 3 very odd subs (Benayoun? In a game like this? WTF?!?!?!)

Smith said it better that I ever could: "Oh no, no, no... No... It's not fair!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Since the Clattenbirg incifent weve been on the wrog of some p*ss poor ref decisions.

Where to start today, carragher could have had 2,3 yellows, granted mikel too shoulda been bokked, sturridge was very late on bertie and carragher gave out to him for offering him assistant, classy as always.

The extra 45 seconds after the mins where did that come from?

Not even going to start on the Suarez incident, theres enough camera caught it.

Weve a lot of hard work to finish inside the top 4 coming up lets just hope we do the business where and when it matters against Spurs at the Bridge.

Every game is like a cup final between now and the end of the season for this team.

That game was an easy win that we didn't is down to one man and one man only. Tactical genius I will stop there as I will certainly be banned.

As for Suarez disgusting despicable little "man" if Liverpool ave any class they will ban him for at least 10 games before the FA get at him. I hope Ivan sues him for assault and actual bodily harm he deserves it.

Ref was poor they should have been down to 8 really (carragher Studge and Suarez) but our interim has to take full blame here. We will be blessed to finish top 4

I actually can't post in the match thread, because I'd get banned. But I will say this, what a load of f*cking bullsh*t. :mad: It'll take me weeks to get over that. If that game costs us Champions League football next season (and if f*cking Arsenal get into it ahead of us) I will be absolutely furious for a year over it.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Since the Clattenbirg incifent weve been on the wrog of some p*ss poor ref decisions..

Yea been thinking that myself Gav though despite the ref being poor we should have won taking the two best players on the pitch off with a 2-1 lead and not looking great. That would have bad enough if Lamps had been brought on but Benni for the love of God the end of the season cannot come quick enough to get shot of him.

Yea been thinking that myself Gav though despite the ref being poor we should have won taking the two best players on the pitch off with a 2-1 lead and not looking great. That would have bad enough if Lamps had been brought on but Benni for the love of God the end of the season cannot come quick enough to get shot of him.

Malouda be better as he had some good games and tracked back. West Ham did not want yossi but Rafa playing him.

Please some club come in for Rafa before the end of the season but I don't think they be any takers

Tubbs4 nobody was stupid enough to offer him a job since Inter had the good sense to get shot of him do you really expect someone to help us out now ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

DazMarz wrote: »
    I actually can't post in the match thread, because I'd get banned. But I will say this, what a load of f*cking bullsh*t. :mad: It'll take me weeks to get over that. If that game costs us Champions League football next season (and if f*cking Arsenal get into it ahead of us) I will be absolutely furious for a year over it.

Suppose same as I felt last season seeing us finish 4th and ye guys win the bloody champo league. We both might get in yet depending on what united turn up at the emirates next sunday. Also arsenal have to go away to newcastle last day of the season which is never easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I've really not been able to post since the final whistle and what's the point because its all been said! I remember when I heard the rumour that we were getting raffa and I taught it was a wind up and I remember my disgust at actually getting him but I taught we have to get behind him but as soon as he brought on benny I knew the game is lost. ****in him anyway!! On the bright side I'd say mata's a shoe in now for the pfa with that scumbag eating Ivan.

• Advertisement

Suppose same as I felt last season seeing us finish 4th and ye guys win the bloody champo league. We both might get in yet depending on what united turn up at the emirates next sunday. Also arsenal have to go away to newcastle last day of the season which is never easy.

Don't worry about it precious you guys have a manager we have ........... The only way we will stay above you is if Bale gets injured

I will say this much, Spurs have players that deserve to be playing in the Champions League. Same as Chelsea. There are truly world class players at both clubs who deserve to be playing at the top competition.

Arsenal? What stars do they have? Walcott, at a stretch. Apart from that, they are a very ordinary side. Very, very ordinary.

If you look at United, City, Spurs and Chelsea, they all possess players that would walk into any team in the world. Arsenal have maybe one player who fits that bill, and even then at a stretch.

Yeah, last year was an absolute sickener for Spurs, I can deeply sympathise with that. But there will be no chance of freaky shít like that this year.

I still genuinely believe that Chelsea and Spurs can do it. I'd much rather see the top 4 featuring Chelsea and Spurs instead of Chelsea/Spurs and Arsenal.

Bitter? Yes I bloody well am!!!

Tubbs4 nobody was stupid enough to offer him a job since Inter had the good sense to get shot of him do you really expect someone to help us out now ��
    I said doubt anyone would take him. just wishful thinking as Chelsea were stupid enough to take him.
    The only teams that would hire him be no interest to him.
    Hope that we get top 4 but with he's tactical subs, it will be a nervous last few games.

People often ask me what made me become an atheist. I struggled to answer.

Well, I've stumbled on the answer. Following football will really make you realise that there is no god...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

What's with the Spuds love in? World class players? I think not. I wouldn't swap any of our starting 11 for any of theirs. They've one good player on a good run of form; Bale. I wouldn't take him either for any of ours in his position.

Squeaky bum time now til the end of the season.

• Advertisement

Garzorico wrote: »
    What's with the Spuds love in? World class players? I think not. I wouldn't swap any of our starting 11 for any of theirs. They've one good player on a good run of form; Bale. I wouldn't take him either for any of ours in his position.

Squeaky bum time now til the end of the season.

Not a love in, well not me anyways ha ha, just realistic I really can't see us making the top 4. The team should be, we should be challenging for the title not the scraps. But with the ******** that we have in charge I just can't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

DazMarz wrote: »
    I will say this much, Spurs have players that deserve to be playing in the Champions League. Same as Chelsea. There are truly world class players at both clubs who deserve to be playing at the top competition.

Arsenal? What stars do they have? Walcott, at a stretch. Apart from that, they are a very ordinary side. Very, very ordinary.

If you look at United, City, Spurs and Chelsea, they all possess players that would walk into any team in the world. Arsenal have maybe one player who fits that bill, and even then at a stretch.

Yeah, last year was an absolute sickener for Spurs, I can deeply sympathise with that. But there will be no chance of freaky shít like that this year.

I still genuinely believe that Chelsea and Spurs can do it. I'd much rather see the top 4 featuring Chelsea and Spurs instead of Chelsea/Spurs and Arsenal.

Bitter? Yes I bloody well am!!!

It's not about the individual players or "stars" as you put it, it's about the team collective. If Arsenal get a spot ahead of Chelsea/Spurs it will be because they did a better job as a team and deserve the spot.

HazDanz wrote: »
    It's not about the individual players or "stars" as you put it, it's about the team collective. If Arsenal get a spot ahead of Chelsea/Spurs it will be because they did a better job as a team and deserve the spot.

If you finish in the top 4 its because you deserve to finish in the top 4.

the table never lies.

I'd wouldnt be disappointed if Rafa was given the job full time. He's seen the 'transition' between old/new guard pretty seamlessly. He clearly has a plan and it seems that he knows what he is doing. I'd give him 3 yrs and then see where we are. I'd love to see him qualify for ECL and win the Europa League. He's a character too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Garzorico wrote: »
    I'd wouldnt be disappointed if Rafa was given the job full time. He's seen the 'transition' between old/new guard pretty seamlessly. He clearly has a plan and it seems that he knows what he is doing. I'd give him 3 yrs and then see where we are. I'd love to see him qualify for ECL and win the Europa League. He's a character too.

I'm not so sure. Give him a mid table team and I'm sure he would do a good job. But he has a lot of talent at his disposal at Chelsea and he doesn't seem to know how to use it properly. We saw something very similar at Inter. He's quite a negative manager. I'm not sure the owner wants that for his team.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement