Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We need a very good 90 mins against Swansea to go through.

It cant be anything short of the same desire and hunger we showed against Arenal, also we need to finsih more chances that we create, Ramires was guilty of wasting chances yesterday and sometimes players are picking the wrong ball in the final 3rd.

If we can make chances like we did in the 1st leg and take some fo them we'll go through not a bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

GavRedKing wrote: »

It cant be anything short of the same desire and hunger we showed against Arenal, also we need to finsih more chances that we create, Ramires was guilty of wasting chances yesterday and sometimes players are picking the wrong ball in the final 3rd.

If we can make chances like we did in the 1st leg and take some fo them we'll go through not a bother.

I noticed that too, do you think the players have lost confidence in Torres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Caveman1 wrote: »

Absolutely, I can't remember who it was yesterday but they could have passed for Torres to have a possible chance but chose to hold the ball up and wait for others to help out.

Absolutely, I can't remember who it was yesterday but they could have passed for Torres to have a possible chance but chose to hold the ball up and wait for others to help out.

As soon as Ba came on, all the balls were fired up to him, he done very well to keep possesion of one or two of them, here's hoping he starts on Wednesday.

Depends on the player, Mata and Hazard always look to play balls into Torres when hes moving to the flank from the centre but will rarely play a ball down the centre of the pitch for him, instead both prefer to play balls to the FB's or whoevers out on the flank, often Torres, Ramires is very hit and miss with hsi passing and seems to just look for the give and go, often passing a ball and carying on if he doesnt get the return ball he may get on the end of a pass as the 3rd man running, he does it effectively too.

Ba is a differwent option all together, hes alot happier to do his work between the lines of the box and hold it up for others, his movement really comes alive in the box.

I actually think both Ba and Torres would work together but I cant see a point changing the formation to suit either.

• Advertisement

Some info on the Battersea site and whats planned for it.

It looks very impressive, shame we missed out on it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2262681/Stampede-property-Battersea-power-station-600MILLION-worth-flats-sell-just-days.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Even though I'd hate to leave the Bridge we need to up our capacity to ensure the future of the club.
    I also wonder what sort of impact missing this had on Roman and his intentions for the club going forward.
    Some info on the Battersea site and whats planned for it.

It looks very impressive, shame we missed out on it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2262681/Stampede-property-Battersea-power-station-600MILLION-worth-flats-sell-just-days.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I think that may have been Ram not certain was not really watching the recording fully. I think the problem is also that the players perhaps do not have full confidence in Torres?

The timing of the news that Ash has signed a new contract was opportune as well to give the crowd something to be pleased about. Maybe there is something to the reports last week that RA is going to back his judgement for now.

Thats the thing, we're about 15, 20K down on most of our European rivals.

Now I'm not sure would we fill a 65K Stamford Bridge, but one thats 55-60K and tickets hopefully falling by a couple of £'s I'd say we'd fill it.

Thats depending if we can re-develop on site, I know an article surfaced a few months back from a council official stating theyed be willing to work with us to figure out a solution.

If we dont announce an upgrade or move in the next 2 years I'd be getting very worried, our attendance isnt hig enough to compete with the best in Europe for F.F.P.

I'd love if we could add an extra 10K over 2 existing stands at Stmaford Bridge but a move is probably the best option but then the CPO get involved and with a move ticket prices are likely to soar.

I think that may have been Ram not certain was not really watching the recording fully. I think the problem is also that the players perhaps do not have full confidence in Torres?

The timing of the news that Ash has signed a new contract was opportune as well to give the crowd something to be pleased about. Maybe there is something to the reports last week that RA is going to back his judgement for now.

I'm still hoing we'll announce a deal for Lamps for one more year before he goes off to USA or somewhere similar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Exactly. We all know that we're defiantly in a position that we can go through from so long as we play decent, if we play as good as we did for the first half against Arsenal we should go through. But that's a huge if. We have been so Jekyll and Hyde this season its unreal.

the fact that tshe second leg is away from home actually give me a bit more confidence :o

Will Luiz be back?

Will JT play some part?

Will Ba start?

Will Lamps continue in CM?

Will Oscar/Mata/Hazard be rested?

I eprsonally think we should start our strongest XI and rest some players then for the away trip to Brentford.

Cech
    Azp Cahill JT Cole
    Luiz Lamps
    Oscar Mata Hazard
    Ba

Ramires to play if Luiz isnt fit and Ivan to play if JT isnt ready yet.

Team for brentford then can read

Turnbull
    P.Ferr Ake JT Bertie
    Luiz Ramires
    Hazard Piazon Marin
    Torres

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Thought Piazon was gone on loan ?

Mbiwa is apparently close to a move to Newcastle for in and around £7million.

That's a bargain IMO and a player we should be looking at to bring in.

I'm sure we could off set the £7Million by selling one of our CB's.

Techless wrote: »
    Thought Piazon was gone on loan ?

I bloody forgot about that. :rolleyes: :o

Throw Oscar in there so, Mata has played an awful lot of football the last few months and anytime we can rest him for the " easier " games we should.

Lads does anyone know how much money Chelsea make on each game? I know our satdium isn't as big as most of our rivals but i'd say we're one of thr most expensive teams to go see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Lads does anyone know how much money Chelsea make on each game? I know our satdium isn't as big as most of our rivals but i'd say we're one of thr most expensive teams to go see.

From what I can find online.

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/industries/sportsbusinessgroup/sports/football/deloitte-football-money-league-2011/96bd3d3d32245310VgnVCM1000001a56f00aRCRD.htm

It looks like our match day revenue is nearly £70 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

It'll be an interesting game against Swansea all the same. Start the Holy Trio and Ba and we should surely get one or two at least. I think we should take the Capital One Cup more seriously than usual, as it may be one of the few pieces of silverware we pick up this season.

We could do a Mickey-Mouse-Treble this season, btw: Capital One Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Cup. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I thought JT was excepted from the 1-year-only contract extensions for over 30's, but apparently not.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9816913/Chelsea-to-delay-a-decision-on-stalwart-defender-John-Terrys-future-at-club-until-the-summer.html

We've got him under contract to about July 2014, so I suppose there's a fair amount of time to sort it out. We're kinda pants at the back without him. The article is also unequivocal about Lamps. Goodbye and good luck and no hint of even discussions on an extension.

• Advertisement

And for anyone that's following Lamp's current goal chase for Tambling's all-time record, the current state of play is:

Frank Lampard 195
    Bobby Tambling 202

Duck Soup wrote: »
    And for anyone that's following Lamp's current goal chase for Tambling's all-time record, the current state of play is:

Frank Lampard 195
    Bobby Tambling 202

He's already got 9 this year, 8 in the league.

If he manages to get another 8 to break the record he'll have had his best goal scoring season since 09-10 when he got 27 in all comps, 22 in the league. :eek:

He's well capable of doing it anyway and I really hope he does, even if he doesnt he woes the club nothing with the service and goals hes provided us from CM.

I thought JT was excepted from the 1-year-only contract extensions for over 30's, but apparently not.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9816913/Chelsea-to-delay-a-decision-on-stalwart-defender-John-Terrys-future-at-club-until-the-summer.html

We've got him under contract to about July 2014, so I suppose there's a fair amount of time to sort it out. We're kinda pants at the back without him. The article is also unequivocal about Lamps. Goodbye and good luck and no hint of even discussions on an extension.

I've no problem letting JT go if we can replace him with a good CB. Hummels would be the fantasy buy but cant see it happening anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Suprized no one picked up on the Mourinho reports yet......... Could have some thing to do with Cole signing a new contract??

JOSE MOURINHO has been paving the way for a sensational return to Chelsea by regularly texting and phoning Blues owner Roman Abramovich.

The pair have repaired their relationship to such a degree that Abramovich has been using him as an unofficial consultant when it comes to footballing matters.

The Real Madrid boss has also been messaging players from his time at Stamford Bridge, including John Terry, Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and Petr Cech.

But the news that Abramovich has been seeking out Mourinho’s advice in texts and calls during the Blues’ troubled season is the strongest indication yet that the Portuguese coach will be back at Stamford Bridge this summer.

Starsport revealed over two months ago that Mourinho – who is 50 on Saturday – was ready to go back to the club he left in September 2007 “by mutual consent”.

We revealed in November the renowned family man’s 16-year-old daughter Tita had enrolled in a course at the Camberwell College of Arts in London – six miles from the Chelsea ground.

Last year Mourinho also bought a house close to Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho, who one bookie has as short as 5-4 to be next Chelsea manager, has had enough of the politics, egos and in-fighting at Real Madrid.

Only yesterday the club’s former right-back Michel Salgado claimed Mourinho did not have a bad relationship with just keeper Iker Casillas – who he dropped for key La Liga games – but with EVERY player.

Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid have made a first approach to see if Chelsea would be willing to sell them their former star Fernando Torres this summer.

The move is not linked to the sale of their striker Falcao and it now looks like Torres’ future could depend on Mourinho.

Jose will be gone from Real by the summer, unless Barca and Atletico have huge slip ups they wont get near the La Liga title this year so all is hopes rest on the UCL.

It depends what Jose wnats to do, if he does leave in the summer he'll have offers from ourselves, and possibily Utd and City.

Had we got Pep, losing Jose to City or Utd wouldnt have been to bad, now that we wont get Pep, if Jose rocks up in Manchester I'll be sickened.

Roman better get out the red, diamond encrusted carpet for Jose and stop at nothign to make sure he comes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I think if he's back its either us or City.

Don't think there is enough support for him to go to Utd. and there is real opposition to him, such as Bobby Charlton.
    Jose will be gone from Real by the summer, unless Barca and Atletico have huge slip ups they wont get near the La Liga title this year so all is hopes rest on the UCL.

It depends what Jose wnats to do, if he does leave in the summer he'll have offers from ourselves, and possibily Utd and City.

Had we got Pep, losing Jose to City or Utd wouldnt have been to bad, now that we wont get Pep, if Jose rocks up in Manchester I'll be sickened.

Roman better get out the red, diamond encrusted carpet for Jose and stop at nothign to make sure he comes back.

Couldnt give a toss about cups this year.

I'm worried we wont finish top 4 tbh.

Liverpool looked good at the weekend and could go on a run now and Spurs are also capable of doing it.

Dont want a repeat of last seasons league finish or it will impact our ability to sign the top players in the future.
    DazMarz wrote: »
    It'll be an interesting game against Swansea all the same. Start the Holy Trio and Ba and we should surely get one or two at least. I think we should take the Capital One Cup more seriously than usual, as it may be one of the few pieces of silverware we pick up this season.

We could do a Mickey-Mouse-Treble this season, btw: Capital One Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Cup. :P

If Jose was to come back it would be bigger than any signing we could make.

Jose in Emenalo out. Yes please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

bullpost wrote: »

I'm worried we wont finish top 4 tbh

Liverpool looked good at the weekend and could go on a run now and Spurs are also capable of doing it.

Dont want a repeat of last seasons league finish or it will impact our ability to sign the top players in the future.

We should be alright for top 4 IMO. I don't fear spurs, arsenal or any of the chasing pack. If we finish 6th again then it will be our own fault and no body elses. We are our own worst enemy at times and the constant lack of stability leaves us vulnerable to a collapse at some stage of the season. Hopefully we stay solid until the end of the season and we should finish 3rd. Then bring jose back and we will be sorted:P

bullpost wrote: »

I'm worried we wont finish top 4 tbh.

In fairness although we've been a bit ropey ourselves, we've played a lot of games over the last 2 months including a trip to Japan, so tiredness must be a factor in that.

I'm confident we'll comfortably secure 3rd place.

We have Tottenham(H) then Liverpool (A) in April, we have a run of easy games before those fixtures though so hopefully we get as much points from them as we can so it would take a bit of pressure off, although I think we could easily take 6 points from those 2 fixtures, which will be crucial in the run for CL places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We will finish 3rd easily I'd say. Some way off 1st and comfortably clear of 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

what a day wrote: »
    Suprized no one picked up on the Mourinho reports yet......... Could have some thing to do with Cole signing a new contract??

JOSE MOURINHO has been paving the way for a sensational return to Chelsea by regularly texting and phoning Blues owner Roman Abramovich.

The pair have repaired their relationship to such a degree that Abramovich has been using him as an unofficial consultant when it comes to footballing matters.

The Real Madrid boss has also been messaging players from his time at Stamford Bridge, including John Terry, Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and Petr Cech.

But the news that Abramovich has been seeking out Mourinho’s advice in texts and calls during the Blues’ troubled season is the strongest indication yet that the Portuguese coach will be back at Stamford Bridge this summer.

Starsport revealed over two months ago that Mourinho – who is 50 on Saturday – was ready to go back to the club he left in September 2007 “by mutual consent”.

We revealed in November the renowned family man’s 16-year-old daughter Tita had enrolled in a course at the Camberwell College of Arts in London – six miles from the Chelsea ground.

Last year Mourinho also bought a house close to Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho, who one bookie has as short as 5-4 to be next Chelsea manager, has had enough of the politics, egos and in-fighting at Real Madrid.

Only yesterday the club’s former right-back Michel Salgado claimed Mourinho did not have a bad relationship with just keeper Iker Casillas – who he dropped for key La Liga games – but with EVERY player.

Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid have made a first approach to see if Chelsea would be willing to sell them their former star Fernando Torres this summer.

The move is not linked to the sale of their striker Falcao and it now looks like Torres’ future could depend on Mourinho.

how could anyone know that info? god bless the red top papers

Johner wrote: »
    We will finish 3rd easily I'd say. Some way off 1st and comfortably clear of 4th.

Agreed, with a few small tweaks we'll be fighting for the league next year, in all fairness I thought we'd be invovled up until April/May this year but throwing QPR 4 points this season was a disgrace and drawing our game in hand against Soutjampton.

Thats 7 " gimme " points for a team with our talents, well it should have been, especially when you think we were 2-0 at home to Southampton. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

As mentioned, we threw away 7 points that we should not have. Add to that, we were sailing pretty through August and September, and it really did have the vibes of "this could be our year".

How rapidly that all fell to bits; languishing well off the league title and putting in the worst ever defence of a European Cup in history. Add to that losing the Community Shield, the UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Cup. I know they are "nothing" trophies, but they would have been a few nice little baubles to add to the trophy cabinet, especially the Super Cup and the CWC. Who knows how long it will be before Chelsea EVER get an opportunity to play in either competition again.

That said, this season is not an unmitigated disaster. Yet. A few decent league results to get us the Top 4 finish and possibly a cup or two and it won't be a bad season at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

It's gone very quiet on the transfer rumours lately. Wonder will there be any surprises in the next week or so?

blue-army wrote: »
    It's gone very quiet on the transfer rumours lately. Wonder will there be any surprises in the next week or so?
    `

There's a lot of talk of Marin going out on loan, if it does happen I wonder will we looking to bring in another wide player or just use Bertrand Ramires on the wide positions as cover?

DazMarz wrote: »
    As mentioned, we threw away 7 points that we should not have. Add to that, we were sailing pretty through August and September, and it really did have the vibes of "this could be our year".

How rapidly that all fell to bits; languishing well off the league title and putting in the worst ever defence of a European Cup in history. Add to that losing the Community Shield, the UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Cup. I know they are "nothing" trophies, but they would have been a few nice little baubles to add to the trophy cabinet, especially the Super Cup and the CWC. Who knows how long it will be before Chelsea EVER get an opportunity to play in either competition again.

That said, this season is not an unmitigated disaster. Yet. A few decent league results to get us the Top 4 finish and possibly a cup or two and it won't be a bad season at all.

I don't think many Chelsea fans thought that the early season form was going to be sustained, if only because we had a really easy start to the season in terms of the teams we had to play. They were never really pushed, and when they were pushed, they couldn't move up through the gears.

Having said that, this is a team of players with the quality to win the Premiership. Whether they will or not is another matter (eh, probably not).

My own take on Benitez is that he's as good as anyone as a tactician (save for persisting with Torres), but he only seems to apply his undoubted tactical nous to big games, doesn't do his homework on smaller teams (which Jose did), expecting them to roll over and have their tummies tickled just because.

That makes him a better bet for cup competitions than for leagues and even in cup competitions - such as against Swansea - he seems to prone to not checking out smaller clubs and thinking through tactics on them.

Losing two goal leads (nearly happened again on Sunday) suggests that he doesn't have a decisive second half plan when you know the opposition is going to come at you in waves. Jose got 11 players defending from one end of the pitch to the other, Ancelotti got them to go for the jugular and win by 6, 7 or 8. You can just hear Rafa saying "Keep doing what you're doing" - as though the opposition wasn't going to be a completely different proposition in the second half - and going off to see what they're saying about him on Twitter.

I dont think we'll see anyone else come in. Would love a bit of drama on deadline day but happy we got Ba done and dusted early.

I agree. No fan of his but I genuinely thought he would seize the opportunity and make something better of it . Still time to turn it around but he's not making it easy on himself.
    I don't think many Chelsea fans thought that the early season form was going to be sustained, if only because we had a really easy start to the season in terms of the teams we had to play. They were never really pushed, and when they were pushed, they couldn't move up through the gears.

Having said that, this is a team of players with the quality to win the Premiership. Whether they will or not is another matter (eh, probably not).

My own take on Benitez is that he's as good as anyone as a tactician (save for persisting with Torres), but he only seems to apply his undoubted tactical nous to big games, doesn't do his homework on smaller teams (which Jose did), expecting them to roll over and have their tummies tickled just because.

That makes him a better bet for cup competitions than for leagues and even in cup competitions - such as against Swansea - he seems to prone to not checking out smaller clubs and thinking through tactics on them.

Losing two goal leads (nearly happened again on Sunday) suggests that he doesn't have a decisive second half plan when you know the opposition is going to come at you in waves. Jose got 11 players defending from one end of the pitch to the other, Ancelotti got them to go for the jugular and win by 6, 7 or 8. You can just hear Rafa saying "Keep doing what you're doing" - as though the opposition wasn't going to be a completely different proposition in the second half - and going off to see what they're saying about him on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

We have no option other than to go all out tomorrow Imo..

I'd rather go for it and lose 3-0 that sit back and draw 0-0..

I'd also like to see Ba and Torres playing together, we havent had two good strikers on the same pitch in a while, be interesting to see how they play together.

In fairness to Benitez, the team tore Arsenal apart in the 1st half, we set up the same way in the 2nd half so its on the players for not performing not the manager.

Although as I said in an earlier post the tiredness must be surely kicking in now. just glad Jan is nearly over & there won't be so many games to play.

TheStook wrote: »
    We have no option other than to go all out tomorrow Imo..

I'd rather go for it and lose 3-0 that sit back and draw 0-0..

I'd also like to see Ba and Torres playing together, we havent had two good strikers on the same pitch in a while, be interesting to see how they play together.

I don't think either Ba or Torres are suited to having a partner up top with them. When Cisse came to Newcastle Ba's form dropped considerably & Torres well we seen what he was like trying to play alonside Drogba, it just didn't work.

It's official

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3049950/title/new-contract-for-cole
    Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce that Ashley Cole has signed a one-year extension to his contract.

It will take the left-back's Chelsea career to eight years. During his time with the club he has won the Champions League, the Premier League title, the League Cup and, famously, the FA Cup four times which combined with three FA Cup wins with Arsenal is an all-time record for one player.

Cole, 32, has also been named the Chelsea Players' Player of the Year twice and won our Goal of the Season in the Double-winning year of 2009/10 for a strike at home to Sunderland.

He has been first choice in his position for club and country throughout and is one game away from a century of England caps, a record number of appearances for the country by a full-back.

On signing his new deal, Cole said: 'I am pleased I will be starting my eighth season at Chelsea. I have great memories here and I enjoy coming to training every day. The staff are amazing and I enjoy training with the lads.

'I have been able to fulfil nearly all my ambitions at Chelsea. I have won the Champions League, the League, I have won FA Cups here but of course you don't want to stop winning trophies and being at a big club, you are always fighting to win a trophy.

'Being here for seven years and being at Arsenal before that playing for trophies, you never lose that hunger. I wanted to stay at Chelsea because we are always fighting and challenging for trophies. That desire and the will to want to win things have not gone.'

Cole has played 293 games for Chelsea, 11 of them as a substitute, and has scored seven goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Losing two goal leads (nearly happened again on Sunday) suggests that he doesn't have a decisive second half plan when you know the opposition is going to come at you in waves. Jose got 11 players defending from one end of the pitch to the other, Ancelotti got them to go for the jugular and win by 6, 7 or 8. You can just hear Rafa saying "Keep doing what you're doing" - as though the opposition wasn't going to be a completely different proposition in the second half - and going off to see what they're saying about him on Twitter.[/

Spurs and Arsenal away, hardly really easy??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

If Jose was to come back it would be bigger than any signing we could make.

Jose in Emenalo out. Yes please.
    I think that process may very well be under way.

From four days ago: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/293733/Abramovich-rage-over-Rafa/

Someone's got to take the hit for our mistakes of recent years. Emenalo is as good a place to start as anywhere.

As for Mourinho. Who knows. It will help if the decks are cleared for him. This time it'll have to be different. We can't expect an action replay from Jose. The football world has changed since he left the Bridge. He's probably changed himself.

Bradford await the winners of tonight's game.

If it wasnt for Swansea playing Chelsea I'd love to see both Bradford and Swansea in the final, and it still may happen but I hope we can be back on level terms by half time tonight, it will be a tricky game, but apart from Ivanovic gifting them 2 goals they didnt trouble us at the Bridge.

Send out the best possible XI and we should go through.

If we do manage to get through I'm going try get over to Wembley for it.

Match thread to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Benitez said:
    ‘In Italy everyone knows Materazzi and everyone at Inter knows him — he’s a liar. He’s lying. He’s lying. He’s lying, just lying. Everything he has said is a lie.
    ‘What he said about Mourinho is not true. Nobody knew Mourinho was leaving (in 2010) and no-one knew the Inter position would become available.

‘I don’t know about the locker room, so it’s a lie. If you talk about lies, then he is a liar.

‘I’ve spoken to his family and they told me I had to understand him so I want to respect him and be nice — but everyone knows him. He cannot discredit anyone because everyone knows him. Forget about him — it’s a lie. Simple.’

Not sure what was the point he was trying to make :D

Something tells me he doesnt trust Materazzi's judgement. :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement