Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I am not going to waste my time finding the picture to post for you, its there find it yourself. Or do you deny it ever happened?

No I was not in the dressing room I doubt our interim was neither most likely catching up on old friends. Anyway I am bored with your interim love in

So you can't post the picture. That is probably because you can't find one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

amiable wrote: »
    So you can't post the picture. That is probably because you can't find one. :D

Oh you are really trying hard to get me a ban aren't you. Ignore for you from now on you are of no interest to me.

Have never been able to post photographs on here for some reason by if you are capable go to @NourAgha on twitter and have a look for yourself

Oh you are really trying hard to get me a ban aren't you. Ignore for you from now on you are of no interest to me.

Have never been able to post photographs on here for some reason by if you are capable go to @NourAgha on twitter and have a look for yourself

That picture he posted is very unclear I'm afraid.
    I don't want to get anyone banned. This is an open forum for discussion.
    If you are not capable of discussion without being banned that is your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Oh just give Spurs 4th now and let this season finish.

It's not down to yere manager that we will take 4th this season,just the same as it was last season. Christ ye've thrown millions again at it this season to break the top 4. Surely ye can't finish outside it on that basis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    amiable do you condemn what suraez done?

Yes. I am on record in the match thread several times saying so.

It's not down to yere manager that we will take 4th this season,just the same as it was last season. Christ ye've thrown millions again at it this season to break the top 4. Surely ye can't finish outside it on that basis?

I dont know precious I think if Harry had not had his head turned with the England managers job and to the court case thingy I think you would have finished 3rd and got there as of right last season.

As for our interim he has far more wrong than right, I mean the man (?) was thought a tactical lesson by Sam Allerdyce when we threw away a 1-0 half time lead to lose 3-1 at the happy hammers. Yes we threw money at it but having a good squad is not the same as having a good team - would you honestly say man for man Spurs are better than Chelsea. ManC have a better squad than ManU but ManU have the best manager in the world right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Yes. I am on record in the match thread several times saying so.

You're not serious are you? You actually condone a professional footballer biting down on a fella professional...

... I really hope you are joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

You're not serious are you? You actually condone a professional footballer biting down on a fella professional...

I think you should reread the posts

• Advertisement

It's scary that a mod is struggling to read ;)

Lol, oop's, glanced over and thought it said condone.

Testing (again)

Testing (again)

Ah not quite but close enough have an iPad, an iPhone and a lap top and still cant manage to upload photo's. Yes I really must be a Luddite.

Testing (again)

I duno Grumpy, I thought Suarez bit him higher up the arm, might be a scar or from something unrelated. Its all a bit irrelevant really. I think we should take the clubs stance on this, let the FA deal with it and move on.

Lol, oop's, glanced over and that it said condone.

Perhaps you expect the worst of me? :D

I would go back and have another look homer looks pretty bang on to me. Still agree what does it matter of more concern is the inept management of the club I really think he should be shown the door Eva would do a better job for the rest of the season at least I would be able to watch press conferences without feeling physically sick.

Testing (again)

That's pretty vague

• Advertisement

Though imagine if JT done smth similar,the intenet would explode!

You genuinely think there would have been a bigger reaction?
    I personally think JT and Suarez would get the same/similar reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Though imagine if JT done smth similar,the intenet would explode!

Really? The internet has exploded. I don't think the **** storm surrounding the incident and Suarez could be any bigger. It has been the front page story in many rags this morning. Geez, the woe is us rubbish that oozes from your posts all the time is so tiresome.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm still pi**ed off that after Johnson slid a pass out of play at just around the 6 mins mark the ball was picked up, thrown back in, cleared, pumped back in, crossed in and scored.

f**king hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

What?care to give examples?

Are you kidding? Read your last post. It shows a stunning lack of self awareness of the situation. Benitez is the devil incarnate. You're that precious I've seen you trying to direct people to private chat forums during matches so they don't have to put up with the riff raff :rolleyes:

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Are you kidding? Read your last post. It shows a stunning lack of self awareness of the situation. Benitez is the devil incarnate. You're that precious I've seen you trying to direct people to private chat forums during matches so they don't have to put up with the riff raff :rolleyes:

Opr

You should see the thread there dedicated to you.

Homer simpson.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm still pi**ed off that after Johnson slid a pass out of play at just around the 6 mins mark the ball was picked up, thrown back in, cleared, pumped back in, crossed in and scored.

f**king hell.

I've seen people blame Cech for the Suarez goal yesterday but I thought he was excellent over all

opr wrote: »

Opr

Why do you sign your user name after every post?

• Advertisement

I've seen people blame Cech for the Suarez goal yesterday but I thought he was excellent over all

TBH as soon it went in I disconnected from the stream and havent seen the goal since.

My take on it and I could be a million miles off, good ball in, but should have been defended better, dont know who the first man was but he should have cut it out before it got to Suarez, could have been Luiz he tends to play LCB but after that I think any touch unless it hits Cech straight on is going to take it in given the angle the ball is coming in and the possibility of the ball going anywhere.

If it wasnt for Cech it could have been 3 or 4 -2 to Liverpool.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

f**king hell.

That's the same point that I switched off my stream thinking it was over at 95:53 :pac:

dfx- wrote: »
    That's the same point that I switched off my stream thinking it was over at 95:53 :pac:

/shakes head. :( :mad:

Very frustrating that the ref didnt blow it up and that our XI didnt deal with the long ball back in, lack of concentration cost us in the end.

Mikel and Luiz both 26 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

f**king hell.

This.

Forget that he shouldn't have been on the pitch to score the goal, how did play continue that long to give them the chance??

TBH as soon it went in I disconnected from the stream and havent seen the goal since.

My take on it and I could be a million miles off, good ball in, but should have been defended better, dont know who the first man was but he should have cut it out before it got to Suarez, could have been Luiz he tends to play LCB but after that I think any touch unless it hits Cech straight on is going to take it in given the angle the ball is coming in and the possibility of the ball going anywhere.

If it wasnt for Cech it could have been 3 or 4 -2 to Liverpool.
    The Suarez header was close enough to Cech but it happened so fast and was almost point blank range there was little he could do IMO.

• Advertisement

Mark Clattenburg will be the referee in Chelsea's game against Swansea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Mark Clattenburg will be the referee in Chelsea's game against Swansea

Dear jesus, no... :(

DazMarz wrote: »
    Dear jesus, no... :(

I genuinely think he is one of the better referees

He is, hes probably the most consistent in the league.

Sidenote, wonder could we get the first incident of a player (Mikel) refusing to shake an officials hand. :pac:

Good referee, but just there's history between him and the club. Chelsea will get nothing from him at all.

• Advertisement

Actually hope the crowd doesnt act up over this, no doubt they will but if they do its sheer lunacy and utter stupdity and equally measures.

Maybe a soft home penalty or two and he'll be cheered on. :apc:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Sickened watching United there lads.. :(

Really want that title back more than any trophy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

We are our worst enemy.
    The sacking of the Special one has to be one of the worst decisions in world football history I dare to say
    And add to that Ancelotti and even RDM.

Yeah it was, its really mystifying... :(

Only positive to come out of United lifting the league tonight is that now they might, just might, take the foot off the accelerator a bit. Job done. No need to over-exert themselves. Any chance for Chelsea to nick a result in Old Trafford? Possibly. But then again, they will have their eye on 96 points and capturing a new English top flight record (taking it from Chelsea too).

That said, Chelsea's destiny in the league is still firmly in their own hands; 5 games remain. Swansea (H), United (A), Spurs (H), Villa (A) and finally Everton (H).

A very tough run-in. But four of those games are very winnable. Discounting United, who I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Chelsea, the other four games could yield maximum points. Not easily, but could. The home games are games that must be won, particularly the game against Spurs, which is a 6-pointer and could decide which team is playing Champions League football next season. Spurs have been inconsistent of late, but Sunday showed them truly having grit and determination. Hopefully, the Chelsea boys can show similar grit and determination when the north London neighbours come for a visit on the 8th of May

Swansea have seriously fallen to bits in the League since winning the League Cup, woefully inconsistent and they seem a bit uninterested or something and I'd be confident of dispatching them in the Bridge.

Villa away will be tough, especially seeing as they are right back into a major dogfight for relegation. But once again, I'd be confident of a win there as they are truly dire and their defence is very leaky. Play Mazascar against them and watch their defence become target practice.

Chelsea have already beaten Everton once this season. In Goodison Park, a ground no side relishes going to. Add to the fact that Everton really can no longer hit 4th spot, they will probably have nothing to play for come the final day of the season and will hopefully have one eye on the summer break and be complacent and uninterested. Won't be easy, but Chelsea should outshine them in the Bridge.

Difficult, but not impossible. Keep the faith and pray for mojo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

We are our worst enemy.
    The sacking of the Special one has to be one of the worst decisions in world football history I dare to say
    And add to that Ancelotti and even RDM.

Serious?

Yea all things considering how the team was at that point in time he took charge and how he guided that same team to becoming Champions of Europe and picking up an FA cup too

Serious? This is the same bloke west brom sacked

If we start by beating Swansea this week we'll be ok.

It's a huge game for us and one we should go out to beat them from the off.

If it's a draw at H/T, bring on another striker, we have to start this sequence with a win, anything else and we'll be in the s**t.

Arsenal are playing Utd at home and Spurs travel to Wigan this weekend.

Anyone see Evra last night?

Just when I thought Suarez was the biggest eejit of the weekend up pops Paddy Evra.

I'm not fond of Suarez, never was and after the weekend thats gotten worse, but I always despised Evra.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement