Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Anyone see Evra last night?

Just when I thought Suarez was the biggest eejit of the weekend up pops Paddy Evra.

I'm not fond of Suarez, never was and after the weekend thats gotten worse, but I always despised Evra.

I thought it was pretty funny tbh, although I haven't really got any disliking for Evra (no more than the average Utd player anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I thought it was pretty funny tbh, although I haven't really got any disliking for Evra (no more than the average Utd player anyway).

I can't stand the guy, more so than any other player I can think of, but I thought it was funny too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I just dont like him, never have.

I look at him and then I get a sense of what it must be like for another set of fans to see someone like Cole or Terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Essien wrote: »
    I can't stand the guy, more so than any other player I can think of, but I thought it was funny too.
    Gave me a chuckle too

Given the few days surronding the incident its vey cringey to see and I'm no Liverpool or Suarez lover to say the least.

Fairply to Utd though, walked the league for the most part this year.

Hopefully we can have a say and them not beating joses old standing points total record.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Anyone see Evra last night?

Just when I thought Suarez was the biggest eejit of the weekend up pops Paddy Evra.

I'm not fond of Suarez, never was and after the weekend thats gotten worse, but I always despised Evra.
    I've never liked him since the playstation jibe he made a few years back but last night wasn't a big deal IMO.
    If you do silly/stupid things like Suarez did on Sunday you have to expect people will take the piss out of you.

I'd just like to say fair play to Ivanovic for not making more of the incident than necessary. He strikes me as a wind up merchant most of the time(not that he did much wrong on Sunday) but he's proved things can be left on the pitch.

It wasnt a big deal, I just dont like him really :pac:

Ya Ivanovic does seem to have it in his locker to act the bully and he has a nasty streak too which comes out every now and again but if the club and himself try keep their noses clean during this it'll be the first time and a long time we'll have got the PR side of things right IMO.

It wasnt a big deal, I just dont like him really :pac:

Ya Ivanovic does seem to have it in his locker to act the bully and he has a nasty streak too which comes out every now and again but if the club and himself try keep their noses clean during this it'll be the first time and a long time we'll have got the PR side of things right IMO.

Massive news coming out of Germany last night and this morning.
    BVB have confirmed that Götze will join Bayern Munich at the end of the season.
    I'm surprised that Chelsea weren't in for him. Or perhaps they were but the draw of Bayern is too much.

Seen it last night alright. I suppose German football is at such a height now a days there really is no point leaving and Bayern are one of Europes biggest teams sogetting the chance to acheive so much without leaving the country is a big plus for him.

He'll flurish, I woner did Pep's arrival for next year have a big influence on his decision?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Daily mirror this morning: Radamel Falcao-chasing Chelsea ready to hand over Thibaut Courtois to sweeten pot

Young keeper has spent last two seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid and could be Blues' trump card in striker hunt PLUS De Bruyne to go too?

Summer saga: Falcao is wanted by Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and Real Madrid. And Barnet, probably.
    AP
    Chelsea are ready to use Belgian keeper Thibaut Courtois as bait in their £50million pursuit of Atletico Madrid superstar Radamel Falcao.

Blues owner Roman Abramovich refuses to give up on Colombia international striker Falcao – even though they are likely to have to compete with Real Madrid and both Manchester clubs this summer for his signature.

The soon-to-be-ex-European champions are also in for Napoli’s Edinson Cavani, but Courtois, 20, may just give them an edge in the Falcao chase.

Courtois has spent the last two seasons on loan at Atletico, and the Spanish club want him again next term.

And Chelsea would happily let him stay in Madrid if it gives them any sort of influence in the battle to get 27-year-old Falcao.

Stamford Bridge chiefs also want Belgian winger Kevin De Bruyne, 21, to move to Bayer Leverkusen this week – without kicking a ball for them.

De Bruyne, currently on loan at Werder Bremen, is key to the Blues’ capture of Leverkusen hitman Andre Schurrle and is valued at £12m in a potential part-ex deal with the Bundesliga outfit.

C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I'm not pushed up losing De Bruyne but Courtois makes no sense considering we'll be looking for a top keeper in the very near future to carry us for the best part of a decade.

Falcao represents a good 2-3 year option.

Courtios is a 10 year option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Courtois is far too impressive to give up. Going to be the best 'keeper in the world in a few years.

DeBruyne is a classy midfielder/winger and we could do a lot worse to keep him, but typical Chelsea youth policy will see the club giving him the boot and bringing in some over-priced prima donna with maybe 2 years left in him, when DeBruyne will consistently improve and is an option for years to come.

Isn't the debruyne move just a loan one as a sweetener?
    DazMarz wrote: »
    Courtois is far too impressive to give up. Going to be the best 'keeper in the world in a few years.

DeBruyne is a classy midfielder/winger and we could do a lot worse to keep him, but typical Chelsea youth policy will see the club giving him the boot and bringing in some over-priced prima donna with maybe 2 years left in him, when DeBruyne will consistently improve and is an option for years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Away shirt is rotten. Third shirt is very nice.

I like the away shirt :o

Will have to see all of them in person to see what looks/feels better.

Probably only get one and usually just get the home one.

I like the away shirt :o

Will have to see all of them in person to see what looks/feels better.

Probably only get one and usually just get the home one.

where did you see the new shirts?

peteeeed wrote: »
    where did you see the new shirts?

Phoenix posted a link : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056932824

• Advertisement

cheers. look like fakes to me , that white one has been knocking around for a couple of months

They very well could be but I wouldnt be surprised if we seen variations of those linked for the official jersies.

Black could work, but I'd be surprised if its all black, our current black/yellow number isnt too bad and I like our white/blue option aswell.

They very well could be but I wouldnt be surprised if we seen variations of those linked for the official jersies.

Black could work, but I'd be surprised if its all black, our current black/yellow number isnt too bad and I like our white/blue option aswell.

how about?
    cfc-119535.jpg?width=400&height=400&quality=95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

how about?

that is quality!

also, can someone add me to the supporters group? Cheers! :cool:

blue-army wrote: »
    that is quality!

also, can someone add me to the supporters group? Cheers! :cool:

sorted. :cool:

how about?

Would still need a dirty great big "Samsung" across it, lovely though

duploelabs wrote: »
    Would still need a dirty great big "Samsung" across it, lovely though

available from the club shop. i'm seriously considering it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

can i get an add to the supporters group cheers

Suarez accepts charge of violent conduct for biting Branislav Ivanovic but disputes charge is worth more than three match ban

amiable wrote: »
    Suarez accepts charge of violent conduct for biting Branislav Ivanovic but disputes charge is worth more than three match ban

Laughable. If you walked up to a person on the street and bit them on the arm, you'd get jail over it. So why is it half-acceptable to do it on a football pitch. He should miss until the end of the season AT LEAST.

• Advertisement

Laughable. If you walked up to a person on the street and bit them on the arm, you'd get jail over it. So why is it half-acceptable to do it on a football pitch. He should miss until the end of the season AT LEAST.

There's only 4 games left in the season for Liverpool anyway.
    If you went up to someone on the street and slid in and caught their ankle and broke it you could get jail too.
    In saying that I know what you are saying but it's up to a person to decide how they want to approach their trial.
    He has a right to a personal hearing under The FA rules as he has requested.
    This will be sorted and over tomorrow and I think he's looking at approx 8 games

Personally, I think if you slide tackled someone on the street and broke their ankle you'd be sent to an insane asylum rather than prison... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

7 game ban and be done with it.

Sick if hearing about it at this stage.

Also, Barcelona getting their arses handed to them by Bayern. Delighted. A delightful goal from Robben takes it to 3-0. 15 minutes to go.

Also, Barcelona getting their arses handed to them by Bayern. Delighted. A delightful goal from Robben takes it to 3-0. 15 minutes to go.

Oh is that the Bayern team we beat on penalties last year?

Any excuse to post this :

Didier+Drogba+FC+Bayern+Muenchen+v+Chelsea+7cVLG7p8ctal.jpg

Oh is that the Bayern team we beat on penalties last year?

Any excuse to post this :

Didier+Drogba+FC+Bayern+Muenchen+v+Chelsea+7cVLG7p8ctal.jpg

Love it , let them run riot on barca

Ends 4-0 in the Allianz. Unbelievable. Delighted. And whatever about Bayern should have had 2 goals disallowed, they should also have had at least 1 penalty (personally, I think they should have had at least 2) so it's fair that they won it by as much as they did.

Barcelona were utterly shíte tonight, and I'm delighted that Bayern capitalised in a most brilliant fashion. Bayern had at most 40% possession, but used it so well. Barcelona never looked like scoring, except for one opportunity when their centre half skied an effort from 7 yards out.

I really hope Bayern go all the way. After tonight's performance, they fully deserve to.

• Advertisement

Bayern v dortmund final...with Gotzes last game would be unreal.

The conflict of interest would be billed to the high heavens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

It really is an unbelievable circumstance. I mean even my wife heard about it and whenever I speak to her about football, if I look closely enough I can actually see my words going in one ear a coming out the other! But as she said, who does something like that? We had an issue with our daughter for about a week where she went around biting people. She had a bit of a stern talking too and subsequently stopped.
    She was two at the time.
    You could also take the view that Ivanovich and Suarez were both at work on Sunday doing their jobs. Can you imagine a work colleague biting you on the arm in the office. There wouldn't even be a discussion about wether they should come back in the next day.

Is that Hazard in a Brazil jersey??

party_2543981a.jpg

looks like it , some party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

So after watching the Bayern , Barca game I got the blues! Thinking about how poor we were in the CL this season, went to do a sky plus clearout and found "Kings of Europe -the Chelsea story" Cheered me right up, jes we had a tough time of it with ref's last year too...

I'd also give Suarez Ivan's left arm give my left arm to have Drogba still playing for us, the man is immense. Understand why he left when he did but by god we miss him!

Another interesting little aside: Since its rebranding as the Champions League in 1992, there has never been an occasion where any one leg of a semi-final has ended 4-0... Until tonight. Which makes it all the sweeter.

So after watching the Bayern , Barca game I got the blues! Thinking about how poor we were in the CL this season, went to do a sky plus clearout and found "Kings of Europe -the Chelsea story" Cheered me right up, jes we had a tough time of it with ref's last year too...

I'd also give Suarez Ivan's left arm give my left arm to have Drogba still playing for us, the man is immense. Understand why he left when he did but by god we miss him!

Such a great documentary , Gary Neville's scoregasims

• Advertisement

Such a great documentary , Gary Neville's scoregasims

Forgive the poor quality......what a moment.

Cahill & Cole both in contention to play Thursday night.

Glad both are back, they'll add to the team if they play.

looks like it , some party
    Julio Cesar got in to all sorts of ****e for wearing a chelsea shirt at it, being fined by qpr

duploelabs wrote: »
    Julio Cesar got in to all sorts of ****e for wearing a chelsea shirt at it, being fined by qpr

That's a very silly fine to give someone for a genuine reason for wearing one, I mean he had the jersey on and a wig.

I suppose he'll be gone in the summer anyway when they're relegated so I'm not to sure he'll be bothered by the fine.

Get rid of Turnbull and bring in Cesar? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

how about?

That's quality! Where can I get that?

Thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement