Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He's meant to be, but he isn't. Chelsea are looking for the money from Juve instead.

What an eejit. :pac:

If we can get Juventus to give us Cheillini we'll call it quits. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Watching Dortmund and Munich the last two nights,depressed me a bit compared to us.Why can't we play football at a fast pace with crisp passing like that?I suppose having laboured players in there like Mikel is always gonna slow it up and the chopping and changers of managers with different philosophies.

Remember the commentator last night saying ten years ago Dortmund's philisophy changed and every player the signed and brought through the ranks was to play in the way they wanted to play.We should be following a template like this,I know we might be trying to and youth level,but that can't be carried through with our managerial policy.

It especially annoys me that the likes of Mata,Hazard and oscar we're brought in to play this "sexy" football which we're just not seeing often enough :confused:

Rant over,just got a bit jealous of the germans and us not playing in the Champions league this week :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Here's an interesting topic me and my friends were talking about today.

A lot of Chelsea fans feel there is no need for the signing of Falcao, what with Ba/Lukaku/Torres/Feruz alread there. But the papers yesterday said Mourinho wanted him if he was to join.

Most Chelsea fans would like to see Mourinho back.

Would you take Jose back as a manager next year? but he has to come with Falcao and possibly stunt two potentially great strikers in Lukaku and Feruz, but improve the team as a whole with the manager back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

A lot of Chelsea fans feel there is no need for the signing of Falcao, what with Ba/Lukaku/Torres/Feruz alread there. But the papers yesterday said Mourinho wanted him if he was to join.

Would you take Jose back as a manager next year? but he has to come with Falcao and possibly stunt two potentially great strikers in Lukaku and Feruz, but improve the team as a whole with the manager back

YES!

If Mourinho comes back I would sacrifice Oscar + Piazon (my favourite players)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

if Jose comes back, he can bring his Granny if he wants as far as I'm concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Mate think about it for a second, you are asking people would they like Mourinho (one of the greatest managers ever and a Chelsea legend) and Falcao (arguably the best striker in the world) at Chelsea. It's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

No way Jose. Don't be fooled. Jose only loves Jose. Much as I loved Jose and his time in charge if he comes back I fear it will be for his own good and not the good of the club. I want someone else or Rafa to stay. Falcao is 27; not exactly a spring chicken. Lukaku is going to be a monster player for us. He has the potential to be better than Drogba and the thoughts of him being loaned out so some 2nd rate outfit again so someone can be bought in to score a few more goals....no thanks. God damn it I want my new Drogba and I want him now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Well deserved win. Basel weren't good at all.

That should have been 5/6/7 -0 it was never a peno and they really should have been put to the sword.

At least sideshow got us a goal, very lucky to not get sent off, Giroud was red carded the weekend for a similar challenge.

If it finished 1-1 I would have felt robbed Basle are no great shakes but our finishing and luck didnt help either.

Onwards to Swansea at the Bridge Sunday, massive 3 points at stake in the figgt for 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

My enjoyment of the game tonight was marred by the fact that the everton tickets sold out before going on general sale and after I promised my 6 year old id bring him for his birthday this leaves me in a bit of a fix, does anybody know any trustworthy sites to buy tickets that I won't have to pay through the nose for? Or would there be any point in going over for the weekend and trying to find them there?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Chelsea controlled the game tonite – should have won by more. The pen was a mind boggling decision from the ref.

Chelsea stepped it another gear when they needed to after Basel levelled.

Overall Ansterdam is looking good

kev1.3s wrote: »
    My enjoyment of the game tonight was marred by the fact that the everton tickets sold out before going on general sale and after I promised my 6 year old id bring him for his birthday this leaves me in a bit of a fix, does anybody know any trustworthy sites to buy tickets that I won't have to pay through the nose for? Or would there be any point in going over for the weekend and trying to find them there?.

One of the sports travel agents might have them but you'll be paying a pretty penny I'd imagine. :(

Just looked online and the cheapest I can see is 90 pound going up to 500 pound. :eek:

Who the f**k pays that for a standard match ticket? Jaysus I'm in the wrong game, think touting is the way forward. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

from todays english independent

Andre Schürrle's agent has claimed the forward could be a Chelsea player in the next few days.

His club, Bayer Leverkusen, have held further talks with their Premier League counterparts and a £20m player-exchange deal involving Kevin De Bruyne appears close to completion. 'I am waiting for information from either Leverkusen or Chelsea, but there could be some positive news by the end of this weekend,' said agent Ingo Haspel.

'It is an indication of how much Chelsea want the player that they are continuing to negotiate.'

As revealed by Sportsmail, the sticking point appears to be Leverkusen's insistence that De Bruyne joins them, rather than Borussia Dortmund or Schalke, on loan next season.

I'd rather we kept De Bruyne TBH. Next year we need all our best players at the club and De Bruyne certainly could play a part.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd rather we kept De Bruyne TBH. Next year we need all our best players at the club and De Bruyne certainly could play a part.

well the article only says a loan move which is fine for 1 season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Once it's only a loan deal for DeBruyne, I'm happy. He looks classy and I'd love to see him get a proper run at the club. Ditto Lucas Piazon. That kid is going to be a superstar.

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    well the article only says a loan move which is fine for 1 season

I know its only a loan deal but whenthe players are good enough why not bring them back?

De Bruyne is a better option then some in the squad, Marin/Yossi at the moment spring to mind.

Phoenix wrote: »
    I think we should loan out Marin,get rid of Yossi,who knows Marin may find some form and actually hsow what he can do

I dont know, but when his main competition are Brazilian, Spanish and Belgian internationals I suppose it is hard to break into the team.

If anything the small amount we paid isnt really all that bad but the players ahead of him appears to be Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Yossi, Ramires all seem to be playing on the wing more then he is.

I was glad to see Moses playing last night, his pace, strength and balance remind me of Anelka, if he could add the finishing he'd be an excellent player.

I quite like Moses tbh,is Schurrle a lefty or righty?

A righty that likes to come in from the left from what I've seen.

A friend just sent me this actually on Twitter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Sch%C3%BCrrle#Euro_2012

Check his current club out. :p :pac:

This weekend we've to win and also it would be nice if Ut could beat Arsenal and Wigna to pull their annual getting of trouble act out against Spurs.

At least we'll know by the time we play what we have to do with Spurs playing Saturday, I cant see them dropping points at Wigan but around this time Wigan start picking up points to save themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Really enjoyed watching it - was made all the sweeter nicking it with the last kick of the game. We should have had 3 or 4 but they are just not going in for us right now.
    We should have more than enough to win the return leg and send us to the final.
    Barr wrote: »
    Chelsea controlled the game tonite – should have won by more. The pen was a mind boggling decision from the ref.

Chelsea stepped it another gear when they needed to after Basel levelled.

Overall Ansterdam is looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Heard ITV saying last night that the second leg of the FA Youth cup final with Norwich will be shown on ITV4 Monday night.
    Went to set a reminder with UPC for the game and get the annoying "programme not available in the ROI".
    Maybe if you're on Sky, it might be shown.

Wenger starting early :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/25/arsenal-arsene-wenger-chelsea-jose-mourinho
    "I'm afraid of what Chelsea can do in the summer," Wenger said. "We have to be prepared for them to be one of the biggest movers in terms of investment once the window opens.

"Even though they already have a great base to their squad, notably their young players such as Oscar, Juan Mata, Ramires and Eden Hazard, I think they will be busy during the transfer window. We've heard a lot of talk about Falcao. Some people say it's already a done deal but I've heard nothing."

I think Chelsea currently have a great coach in Rafa Benítez," Wenger said, "but if they part ways at the end of season, of course José Mourinho would be a good solution for Chelsea. Mourinho is one of the best in the world. I consider Benítez to be doing a good job at Stamford Bridge but, honestly, I'm not really well informed about the possibility of Mourinho returning to Chelsea."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

He's 100% correct imo.

If you get your act together, and I've no doubt Mourinho would do this, then we could be in for a period of Chelsea dominance. Someone to replace Lampard, Terry and Torres and you'd be simply frightening.

Even looking at your loanees out; Courtois, De Bruyne and Lukaku would get into almost any team. You've got a Cech replacement in Courtois, a Lampard replacement in De Bruyne and a Drogbe replacement in Lukaku.

The squad that's being put together is insane.

I also think Chelsea need a new plan or model.

What I'd like to see in the next 3-5 years, in no particular order :

1) Better showing in the league.
    2) Sustained challenge in all cups, domestic and european.
    3) Improve youth team outputs.
    4) Announce new stadium or re-development of the Bridge.
    5) Improved sponsorship deals.
    6) Hire a maager and give him the time needed to be a success.
    7) Change in transfer policy and D.O.F

Not much to ask :pac:

cson wrote: »
    He's 100% correct imo.

If you get your act together, and I've no doubt Mourinho would do this, then we could be in for a period of Chelsea dominance. Someone to replace Lampard, Terry and Torres and you'd be simply frightening.

Even looking at your loanees out; Courtois, De Bruyne and Lukaku would get into almost any team. You've got a Cech replacement in Courtois, a Lampard replacement in De Bruyne and a Drogbe replacement in Lukaku.

The squad that's being put together is insane.

I agree with ya the squad is looking good but the problem will be bringing in the right manager and 100% supporting him.

Courtois and De Bruyne look likely to stay on loan which is a shame really as Lamps is probably gone and Cech could do with the competition.

Lukaku I honestly think will start with us next year if we dont sign Falcao.

Then you've got the Schurrle question, where will he play with Oscar/Hazard/Mata/Moses all trying play behind the striker.

I suppose it's a brilliant problem to have but until we sort out the manager we'll not push beyond 2nd again next year IMO.

They need to hire a guy to make everyone feel invovled but alo have the respect and authority figure that the young squad need.

I also dont see Jose coming unless we get 4th and UCL football next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

1) Better showing in the league. That'll happen without a shadow of a doubt.
    2) Sustained challenge in all cups, domestic and european. Ditto.
    3) Improve youth team outputs. Difficult to see - you seem to be buying and loaning out rather than giving exisiting prospects the chance.
    4) Announce new stadium or re-development of the Bridge. Depends on RA.
    5) Improved sponsorship deals. Not going to happen with RA imo - no pressing need.
    6) Hire a maager and give him the time needed to be a success. Ditto.
    7) Change in transfer policy and D.O.F Maybe after the Torres debacle. Maybe.

See above!

Potentially the only thing I can see hamstringing you is that Gary Cahill isn't good enough and Bertrand needs to step his game up significantly to reach Cole's level and eventually replace him.

Courtois

Azi
    Luiz
    Cahill
    Cole

De Bruyne -- Mikel

Hazard
    Mata
    Oscar

Falcao

The front 4 there are the amongst the best of anything in world football. Potentially could improve upon Mikel and almost certainly on Cahill. I think Luiz if he has a more sensible experienced head beside him will be excellent.

<3 Mata, love watching him play.

1) Better showing in the league.
    2) Sustained challenge in all cups, domestic and european.
    3) Improve youth team outputs.
    4) Announce new stadium or re-development of the Bridge.
    5) Improved sponsorship deals.
    6) Hire a maager and give him the time needed to be a success.
    7) Change in transfer policy and D.O.F

WIN EVERYTHING :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No chance
    Cahill is one of our most consistent performers this year! When he's not injured of course but I agree with you on bertie, not up to scratch at all in every appearance
    See above!

Potentially the only thing I can see hamstringing you is that Gary Cahill isn't good enough and Bertrand needs to step his game up significantly to reach Cole's level and eventually replace him.

Courtois

Azi
    Luiz
    Cahill
    Cole

De Bruyne -- Mikel

Hazard
    Mata
    Oscar

Falcao

The front 4 there are the amongst the best of anything in world football. Potentially could improve upon Mikel and almost certainly on Cahill. I think Luiz if he has a more sensible experienced head beside him will be excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

See above!

Courtois

Azi
    Luiz
    Cahill
    Cole

De Bruyne -- Mikel

Hazard
    Mata
    Oscar

Falcao

They're looking to sign centre-back Dejan Lovren from Lyon, so maybe him alongside Cahill and push Luiz into DM. My overall concern is that they fashion a team that can play the ball out of defence and retain possession better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

For a LB, we could do far worse than trying to lure Davide Santon to the Bridge... Just sayin...

Future is bright, but a huge part of it hinges on the next manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

DazMarz wrote: »
    For a LB, we could do far worse than trying to lure Davide Santon to the Bridge... Just sayin...

Future is bright, but a huge part of it hinges on the next manager.

And whether RA is prepared to stick with him when a few results go against you,

Shaw as well?what do ye think of him?

Shaw would be a great signing, his energy getting forward and distribution remind me of a young Cole but again filling the spot of Europes best LB for the best part of a decade is a nearly impossible ask, I agree with Daz on Santon though, hes a good player.
    See above!

Courtois

Azi
    Luiz
    Cahill
    Cole

De Bruyne -- Mikel

Hazard
    Mata
    Oscar

Falcao

I'd agree on berite Cahill, if we could sign a better CB I'd be a lot more confident.

Ya, I think Mata is just a guy that a lot of fans admire, he makes everything seem so effortless aswell as appearing to be a nice bloke to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Mata is the new Zola - same temperament and personality and of course genius on the ball.

Shaw as well?what do ye think of him?

chelsea supporter from kingston. looks great

bullpost wrote: »
    Mata is the new Zola - same temperament and personality and of course genius on the ball.

What's scary is hes only 24, hes going to keep improving, same with Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Lukaku.

from teamtalk.com , had big hopes for fella

Jeffrey Bruma is looking forward to a return to Chelsea after two seasons on loan at Hamburg.

The German club have decided not to sign Bruma permanently, so the defender will return to Chelsea for the final year of his contract.

The Netherlands international will be hoping to prove his worth at Stamford Bridge after failing to make regular first-team appearances for Hamburg.

"(Hamburg general manager) Frank Arnesen told me that the club will not be buying me, and I will not be staying on at HSV," Bruma told Hamburger Morgenpost.

"Now I am looking forward to a return to London and to Chelsea."

The 21-year-old, who signed for Chelsea's youth team in 2005, made several appearances for the Premier League side from 2009 to 2011 and he credits his time out on loan as a learning experience.

He added: "I feel those two years on loan have still been good for me as a player, despite playing less than expected recently."

Didnt Hamburg say he wasnt good enough?

Dont know does he hope to play much for us next year, he might make squads but I'll doubt he'll play too many games.

Didnt Hamburg say he wasnt good enough?

Dont know does he hope to play much for us next year, he might make squads but I'll doubt he'll play too many games.

yeah hamburg didn't want to sign him permanently , probably be in the u21 squad for the year then get released

I'v ehigher hopes for Chaloblah and Ake then I do for Bruma at this stage actually.

I'v ehigher hopes for Chaloblah and Ake then I do for Bruma at this stage actually.

chalobah, Josh McEachran but the best of the lot could be is loftus cheek. boga looks the part too but needs to fill out a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

One of the sports travel agents might have them but you'll be paying a pretty penny I'd imagine. :(

Just looked online and the cheapest I can see is 90 pound going up to 500 pound. :eek:

Who the f**k pays that for a standard match ticket? Jaysus I'm in the wrong game, think touting is the way forward. :rolleyes:
    Got some any way and had to pay €150 each which includes hotel, not too bad I suppose but not great either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Eva looking well at Luiz's Birthday bash.

cleopatra.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement