Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Eva looking well at Luiz's Birthday bash.

cleopatra.jpg

wowee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Eva looking well at Luiz's Birthday bash.

cleopatra.jpg

did JT go as Buzz Lightyear? :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anyone ever been to a game and had stand with the opposition? Reason being my brother in law who is an Everton supporter says he has a ticket for me if I want. Thing is he is a bit of a Cnut, real old school get into fights hooligan sort of chap and his mates are too. Oh and he's from Liverpool so there's that. He's said it be bet if I keep my colours covered and my celebrations( when we win) to a minimum. So what do his think, bit of craic or suicide :D:D?

weiland79 wrote: »
    Anyone ever been to a game and had stand with the opposition? Reason being my brother in law who is an Everton supporter says he has a ticket for me if I want. Thing is he is a bit of a Cnut, real old school get into fights hooligan sort of chap and his mates are too. Oh and he's from Liverpool so there's that. He's said it be bet if I keep my colours covered and my celebrations( when we win) to a minimum. So what do his think, bit of craic or suicide :D:D?

I'd go for the LoLz.

I wouldnt celebrate if we scored/won though.

Only problem with away fans are they tend to be the real hardcore go to every game type so if a song breaks out and ya dont know you'll be foooooked. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Am I now? :P

Be grand once you keep quiet i'd presume,could be hard not to forget yourself during a game tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I've been in the away end before for a Bolton game. Bit of crack. Couldn't hide my jubilation when we scored though but didn't get more then a few funny looks. Could even join in on a song or two, "we only hate Man United". Security made me take off the Jersey though :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

It's not as if I'm not going to go now is it? Ha ha should be bit of craic. Bit disappointed I may not be allowed wear my colours though. Thought I might get a sneaky photo of me in the middle away end ( see how brave I am) probably get my head kicked in but will post pics:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

It's not as if I'm not going to go now is it? Ha ha should be bit of craic. Bit disappointed I may not be allowed wear my colours though. Thought I might get a sneaky photo of me in the middle away end ( see how brave I am) probably get my head kicked in but will post pics:D

At least you can wear blue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

lets not forget thorgan hazard. i feel he's going to be mega

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Ray Wilkins will be in Dun Laoghaire tomorrow afternoon - playing for Man Utd. Legends. Think the game is a sell-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I had really high hopes for Bruma... but if he's not good enough for Hamburg, I can't see what will happen at Chelsea, unfortunately. But all the other youth players Chelsea has at the moment, if even 10% of them can become top class players, goddamn. Just think of the 1st team squad and the youth of some of the players:

Hazard (22)
    Oscar (21)
    Mata (24)
    Moses (22)
    Ramires (26)
    Luiz (26)
    Mikel (26)
    Marin (24)
    Azpilicueta "Dave" (23)
    Bertrand (23)

Even Gary Cahill is 27.

Then you look at the wealth of youth players at the club or out on loan or who just haven't featured much due to injury or whatever but potentially will in the future:

Ake
    Lukaku
    Piazon
    McEachran
    Romeu
    DeBruyne
    Courtois
    Van Aanholt
    Lalkovic
    Chalobah
    Kane
    Bamford
    Kalas
    Hazard the II

As I said, if only 10% of the above named (and that's only a small selection of youth players that have caught my eye in the past few months) can turn into top class players, Chelsea will be doing very well indeed. Some players I have a genuine soft spot for and really hope they do well.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

David Luiz's party!

Even Eva made an appearance! :P

BIyKT1XCYAI3wt3.jpg

BIyJHNvCYAAO2m_.jpg

BIyH9PSCAAAS2hm.jpg

BIyH0-fCQAA3qIy.jpg

BIyGN6-CUAAOa-w.jpg

BIyFzLsCcAIFZoX.jpg

BIyFiMHCAAAxppf.jpg

BIyD0H-CMAEdjYI.jpg

BIyDTrOCQAEdUZZ.jpg

BIyBoklCQAAU-D4.jpg

BIx_tzPCcAIAox3.jpg

BIx_43oCMAAHo9m.jpg

BIyDkf5CYAIyaLc.jpg

Ah, dammit!!! I realised now it was Oscar who went as Zorro. Was really hoping it was Torres. :(

Mata just rocked up in a signed Brazilian jersey....poor effort.

I should have been invited. :mad:

298230_10150333557456862_1858935520_n.jpg

298257_10150333556041862_1698009193_n.jpg

308259_2540630920798_1077451584_n.jpg

thebison wrote: »
    David Luiz's party!

Even Eva made an appearance! :P

BIyGN6-CUAAOa-w.jpg

The Anelka/Kalou celebration :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Chalobah just scored an absolute stunner for Watford, you couldn't hit a ball better!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

GavRedKing wrote: »

No matter what excuse you peddle that Justin Bieber poster takes all creditability away from you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Needs a playstation controller taped to your back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Killinator wrote: »
    Chalobah just scored an absolute stunner for Watford, you couldn't hit a ball better!

Absolute cracker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Phoenix wrote: »
    Gav is a belieber?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

kill it before it lays eggs

Ha I wish, I've explained it in the full kit **** thread, one of the house mates put it up under the dart board (see pic) to protect the wall.....it did not protect the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I call shenanigans on that story Gav!
    I heard that you..
    saw his face, now your a belieber..
    Not a trace, of doubt in your mind..

(And away to hell I go)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Heard that Gary Neville said Chelsea are less likely to get 3rd or 4th than Spurs or Arsenal?

Phoenix wrote: »
    LOL
    Lets have it!!!

Could be what he wants more than what he thinks!

Oh and in other news, Bild are reporting that Lewandowski could be heading for Bayern too! :eek:

Heard that Gary Neville said Chelsea are less likely to get 3rd or 4th than Spurs or Arsenal?

Probably basing that looking at the respective clubs' run-ins. Chelsea are playing far more games that the other two and that could take a real toll on the squad. Add in that Chelsea are playing 3 of the current top 6 teams in their remaining Premier League games. Also add in one of the remaining Premier League games is against a team that is in a huge relegation dogfight.

The biggest game in Chelsea's run-in is without question the game against Spurs. It will have a huge bearing upon both clubs' prospects. Had Chelsea held out and beaten Liverpool and had City not folded against Spurs, it would have been so different. But then again, if me aunt had balls...

There is no question though about what is needed from Chelsea from the last run of games; win. Win them all. That is a huge, gargantuan, unlikely task. But if there is to be Champions League football (and a long-term future for the club) it simply has to be done. All the players have to dig deep and fling everything they have out onto the pitch and still hope for a huge slice of luck along the way.

Anything less than the 3 points against all of Swansea, Spurs, Villa and Everton is a disaster. Against United, Chelsea can afford to slip up slightly (draw) providing that they beat Spurs. Lose to United and then lose to Spurs, and it is over. Even 9 points from the other three games will most likely not be enough as both Arsenal and Spurs will have no doubt moved ahead of Chelsea by that time.

There is absolutely no doubt now that this team is in the fight of their lives for the next 4 weeks or so. There is nowhere to hide. There can be no relying upon results elsewhere. Chelsea's destiny is still very much within their own hands. But it will require an effort of Herculean proportions to keep it within their own hands. Chelsea cannot look beyond their own fixtures. They cannot hope that Spurs or Arsenal might slip up along the way (although this may happen, I do not believe too strongly that it will).

Add to the fact that Chelsea have one game where the most I can see coming from it is a point (the game against United in Old Trafford). I do not believe that Chelsea in their current form will get anything from United in their current form. The best Chelsea can hope to glean from that fixture is a point, and even then only if they are very, very lucky.

The fact of the matter is, no matter what, every single game from now until the end of the season is now a Cup Final. It cannot afford to be lost. In fact, ironically, the "easiest" game of the lot is the second-leg semi-final against Basel. I would not be too gutted if Chelsea went out in this game. Yes, it would be nice to win blah blah blah, but it would remove a potential game from the already congested fixture list, would leave no room for any other distractions and would mean that there is no need to rest anyone for games in another competition.

That said, Basel looked painfully ordinary on the night and Chelsea will most likely dispatch of them in the Bridge, meaning a trip to Amsterdam before the final league game against Everton.

Never have I felt so apathetic or filled with ennui before a potential Final for Chelsea before. The League is of paramount importance, obviously, and the Europa League would be a nice bauble to have. But to win the Europa League at the expense of qualifying for the Champions League next season is unacceptable and a horrifying thought.

Bottom line: it is known what has to be done. The players and everyone around the club must now just dig deep, summon up whatever strength is left in reserve, grit their teeth and see out the next month with as many victories as possible. Win 'em all, and points mean prizes. Simple, isn't it?

DazMarz wrote: »
    Probably basing that looking at the respective clubs' run-ins. Chelsea are playing far more games that the other two and that could take a real toll on the squad. Add in that Chelsea are playing 3 of the current top 6 teams in their remaining Premier League games. Also add in one of the remaining Premier League games is against a team that is in a huge relegation dogfight.

The biggest game in Chelsea's run-in is without question the game against Spurs. It will have a huge bearing upon both clubs' prospects. Had Chelsea held out and beaten Liverpool and had City not folded against Spurs, it would have been so different. But then again, if me aunt had balls...

There is no question though about what is needed from Chelsea from the last run of games; win. Win them all. That is a huge, gargantuan, unlikely task. But if there is to be Champions League football (and a long-term future for the club) it simply has to be done. All the players have to dig deep and fling everything they have out onto the pitch and still hope for a huge slice of luck along the way.

Anything less than the 3 points against all of Swansea, Spurs, Villa and Everton is a disaster. Against United, Chelsea can afford to slip up slightly (draw) providing that they beat Spurs. Lose to United and then lose to Spurs, and it is over. Even 9 points from the other three games will most likely not be enough as both Arsenal and Spurs will have no doubt moved ahead of Chelsea by that time.

There is absolutely no doubt now that this team is in the fight of their lives for the next 4 weeks or so. There is nowhere to hide. There can be no relying upon results elsewhere. Chelsea's destiny is still very much within their own hands. But it will require an effort of Herculean proportions to keep it within their own hands. Chelsea cannot look beyond their own fixtures. They cannot hope that Spurs or Arsenal might slip up along the way (although this may happen, I do not believe too strongly that it will).

Add to the fact that Chelsea have one game where the most I can see coming from it is a point (the game against United in Old Trafford). I do not believe that Chelsea in their current form will get anything from United in their current form. The best Chelsea can hope to glean from that fixture is a point, and even then only if they are very, very lucky.

The fact of the matter is, no matter what, every single game from now until the end of the season is now a Cup Final. It cannot afford to be lost. In fact, ironically, the "easiest" game of the lot is the second-leg semi-final against Basel. I would not be too gutted if Chelsea went out in this game. Yes, it would be nice to win blah blah blah, but it would remove a potential game from the already congested fixture list, would leave no room for any other distractions and would mean that there is no need to rest anyone for games in another competition.

That said, Basel looked painfully ordinary on the night and Chelsea will most likely dispatch of them in the Bridge, meaning a trip to Amsterdam before the final league game against Everton.

Never have I felt so apathetic or filled with ennui before a potential Final for Chelsea before. The League is of paramount importance, obviously, and the Europa League would be a nice bauble to have. But to win the Europa League at the expense of qualifying for the Champions League next season is unacceptable and a horrifying thought.

Bottom line: it is known what has to be done. The players and everyone around the club must now just dig deep, summon up whatever strength is left in reserve, grit their teeth and see out the next month with as many victories as possible. Win 'em all, and points mean prizes. Simple, isn't it?

Good post!

I agree with all you've said!

Except I think we have a better chance at Old Trafford than you say, the league is over for them.. We should be more motivated and more up for the game!

Its gona go to the last day anyway though!

We really really need to beat Swansea this weekend first, or then we will have to go to Manchester and win.

• Advertisement

Good post!

I agree with all you've said!

Except I think we have a better chance at Old Trafford than you say, the league is over for them.. We should be more motivated and more up for the game!

Its gona go to the last day anyway though!

We really really need to beat Swansea this weekend first, or then we will have to go to Manchester and win.

What do they have left to play for? Well... They would love nothing more (or at least Fergie would love nothing more) than to add gloss to the 20th Title by clinching the all time points record too. Might not sound like much to play for, but wouldn't they still love to do it.

Also, add in that if Chelsea beat Spurs (please, God/Jesus/Allah/Buddha/Flying-Spaghetti-Monster) and if Spurs also slip up in their own run-in, it may NOT go down to the last day. But most likely, it will.

The only positive if the race for the Top 4 does go to the final day (and if Chelsea are nestled in the Top 4 already and need to win to stay there; if Chelsea are 5th come final day and need to win in addition to relying on results elsewhere, there is no hope of it) is that Chelsea will be playing an Everton team that will have nothing to play for. And fingers crossed Chelsea will have a full strength (or as near as) squad to play with and will win to secure it.

My biggest fear would be sitting in 5th come the final day, a point off Spurs/Arsenal. Chelsea cruising, 3-0 up... Spurs/Arsenal only drawing. Chelsea now a point ahead and closing...

Bale/Giroud score in the 92nd minute. Spurs/Arsenal finish 4th, 1 point ahead of Chelsea in 5th. I think I would wake up screaming for many a month should that happen. :(

Come the final day of the season, Chelsea NEED to be in 3rd/4th and needing to win to stay there, not in 5th and needing a win AND for a slip-up elsewhere to finish in the Top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Killinator wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

twitter is saying that Bild is reporting that KDB is off to Dortmund on a 5 year deal for 15m...

cant find any mention of it on their website, but thats very worrying! honestly wouldnt even want him going on loan there, currently too big a club and could temp him into leaving!

surely needs the new manager to take a look over the summer and see where he fits in our current plans!

I've seen that KDB report on the net, I think its a load of bollocks really.

So disappointed in the club again if theyve just sold Kevin De Bruyne :(

1-1 Wigan v Spurs.

C'mon you Latics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

1-1 Wigan v Spurs.

C'mon you Latics.

2-1 to the Lactics. Screamer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

1-1 Wigan v Spurs.

C'mon you Latics.

2-1 now,Wigan love trolling everybody and Spurs always find a way to bottle it.

• Advertisement

3 certainties in life.

1) Taxes
    2) Death
    3) Spurs choking in April/May

Hope I dont jinx it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Cmon Wigan, buckfast football

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Lukaku scores another one for West Brom.

Come on Wigan, playing very well second half

If Wigan when it puts huge pressure on Villa and they've to play Sunderland and ourselves in their next 2 home games.

If Spurs lose this they have to win at Stamford Bridge

• Advertisement

If Spurs drop any points we HAVE to win tomorrow, end of.

Go out and blow Swansea out of the water.

If Spurs drop any points we HAVE to win tomorrow, end of.

Go out and blow Swansea out of the water.

We'l win, we'l win..

Ohhhhhhh Kone coulda wrapped it up there :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Ohhhhhhh Kone coulda wrapped it up there :o

Have spurs even had a shot on target this half? I cannot remember one.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Have spurs even had a shot on target this half? I cannot remember one.

Thats as close as theyve come.. pressure on now hold on Wigan!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement