Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lamps is up for the last few weeks, hope he can get ack in and break the record and to help us win the EL and come 3rd/4th.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10026459/Chelsea-plan-to-mark-Frank-Lampards-expected-goalscoring-record-as-midfielder-nears-Bobby-Tambling.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

quality journalism from the daily star today

ROMAN ABRAMOVICH wants to dump John Terry as Chelsea captain and replace him with David Luiz.

Abramovich is keen on Luiz becoming the man to lead the club forward, sparking further doubts about Terry’s Chelsea future.

Luiz is currently down the captain’s pecking order at Stamford Bridge behind Terry, Frank Lampard and Petr Cech.

But what billionaire Abramovich wants he gets and Luiz lookslike he could be wearing the armband next season.

Jose Mourinho is set to replace Rafa Benitez as boss, returning to the club this summer after deciding he wants to leave Real Madrid.

Mourinho is unlikely to have any misgivings about giving the leader’s role to his fellow Portuguese speaker.

Luiz, 26, has proved a huge hit with Chelsea fans with his passionate displays for the club since joining from Benfica in January 2011.

Despite being prone to mistakes, the 20-times capped Brazil star has become a cult figure with his frizzy hairstyle and all-action game.

It is understood that Abramovich seems intent on clearing out the old guard at Chelsea and sees Luiz as a breath of fresh air at Stamford Bridge.

Didier Drogba has gone, Frank Lampard is going and no new contract talks are on the table for Terry.

With Turkish clubs Fenerbahce and Galatasaray on alert for Terry, Mourinho is keen to bring Hulk to Chelsea from Zenit St Petersburg.

8 years ago today we won the title in bolton, a good day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Please God, not Hulk. Mediocrity on steroids.

peteeeed wrote: »

Jaysus seems like such a long time ago. :pac:

Brilliant day though.
    Duck Soup wrote: »
    Please God, not Hulk. Mediocrity on steroids.

I just dont think he'd be worth the money we'd have to pay for him.

I can imagine the possibility of playing Hulk wide right, Mata through the Centre and Hazard wide left would be frightening though, drop Oscar into a deeper role with Ramires.

Attack power +99, defence level -99 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

by jesus is it that long ago! f**k me where does the time go?

a good day.. had many since then and hopefully a lot more to come; need stability at the club to ensure it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Jose is surely on his way back now, anyone hear the post match interview :D:D:D

I clapped when he was asked Next year will be your year with Real? And replied with...

No, maybe I will not be here but I will be with people who I love and who love me....

Please let it be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    has it been uploaded somewhere yet?

*Shrugs* Stupid ITV cut him off mid flow too and said they had no time, typical ITV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Jose is surely on his way back now, anyone hear the post match interview :D:D:D

I clapped when he was asked Next year will be your year with Real? And replied with...

No, maybe I will not be here but I will be with people who I love and who love me....

Please let it be!

He was sacked by Chelsea. Some sign of love!

On SSN now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

has it been uploaded somewhere yet?

Playing it down on SSN now! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Restrain the jizzing in the underwear for a bit, lads. Until he is sitting in the dugout in August, I will not believe it at all. He could end up anywhere, tbh. And all this speculation and guessing is just that; speculation and guessing.

As I said, contain your orgasms until he's signed, sealed and delivered and is back in the Chelsea dugout in the Crombie Coat. When that happens, feel free to do this:

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Christ thats shockingly bad from ITV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

DazMarz wrote: »
    When that happens, feel free to do this:

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

I most certainly will :D

one of the all time worst interviews , jose was ready to spill his guts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

My God that interview was terrible, he was just about to elaborate on where he thinks he will end up and he's cut off .
    For fa'hoooks sake!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 7m
    Sky Italy just revealed the 4 signings Abramovich promised to Mourinho. Remember I told you about Falcao? Here we go

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 6m
    Abramovich promised to Mourinho, in this order: 1) Falcao; 2) Di Maria; 3) Moutinho; 4) Pepe.

Just Falcao out of those 4 please! Big no to Pepe(head case) and Di Maria(Too inconsistent).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Johner wrote: »
    Just Falcao out of those 4 please! Big no to Pepe(head case) and Di Maria(Too inconsistent).

Pfft...Who needs Falcao when you have a Lu..a ka..a ku!!
    (Extra "a" added for effect)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Johner wrote: »

Di Maria is a cheating diver who goes down if you so much as look at him....but don't let that fool you into thinking he isn't good enough. Both Di Maria and Moutinho would be terrific captures for Chelsea. I agree with the sentiments about Pepe. He was always overrated and has definitely been found out at this stage. You don't need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Kirby wrote: »
    Di Maria is a cheating diver who goes down if you so much as look at him....but don't let that fool you into thinking he isn't good enough. Both Di Maria and Moutinho would be terrific captures for Chelsea. I agree with the sentiments about Pepe. He was always overrated and has definitely been found out at this stage. You don't need him.
    Can you imagine a CM pairing of Luiz and Pepe? If they stay unbanned that is

Falcao - Mmmm sure why not, we'd ahve to offload Torres or Ba and then that means where does Schurlle fit in?
    Di Maria - Dont need him unless we plan to drop Oscar into CM, good player though.
    Mouthino - Good CM, better options out there but if got for the right price he'd be worth it.
    Pepe - Eehhh no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

duploelabs wrote: »
    Can you imagine a CM pairing of Luiz and Pepe? If they stay unbanned that is

No ankle would be safe

If you want to believe th eMirror they're saying we're in for Fellaini and Shaw as well as Falcao and Jose.

Could be a brilliant summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Panthro wrote: »
    My God that interview was terrible, he was just about to elaborate on where he thinks he will end up and he's cut off .
    For fa'hoooks sake!

Who knows - maybe it was a stitch up between himself and ITV and was done deliberately - wouldn't surprise me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

This fella seems to to keep on popping up
    From the sun

CHELSEA are closing in on the £6million signing of Serbia’s teenage star Lazar Markovic.
    The 19-year-old Partizan Belgrade striker is expected to ignore interest from Inter Milan and Liverpool to join the Blues this summer.
    Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic is playing his part, urging his fellow countryman to join him at Stamford Bridge.
    And former boss Avram Grant, who was Partizan’s boss last year, has also recommended the move to SW6.
    Markovic is fast, direct and normally plays as a second striker.
    But like Romelu Lukaku last year, it is expected he will be loaned out to continue his development.
    Winger Kevin de Bruyne, 21, will find out whether he has a future at Chelsea next week.
    The Belgian is wanted by both Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund after starring on loan for Werder Bremen.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4909712/Lazar-Markovic-is-a-6million-target-for-Chelsea.html#ixzz2S1rnXdqv

Some mou facts from reddit to whet the appetite
    Mou went unbeaten in 150 consecutive home games, from 2002 to 2011 with 4 different teams.
    If Madrid finish runner ups this year, it will be the 11th consecutive time a team under Mou's reins has finished in the top 2 of the league.
    Since 2002, Mou has not gone a full calender year without winning a trophy.
    Thought to be an unsuccessful era in Real Madrid, Mou's win percentage was 72.7% and his Real's GD was +301 goals, highest in all his career.
    Mou led Real Madrid to the Liga title for the first time in four seasons in 2011-12, and during the campaign they broke a number of domestic records. Their 100 points was the highest ever tally, as was the 121 goals they scored. Their positive goal difference of 89 was also a new high, along with their 16 away wins and 32 overall wins.
    Mou won the inaugural Ballon d'Or Best Coach award in 2010.
    In 2009-10 during his second season at Inter, Mourinho let the San Siro side to the first Italian treble of Serie A, the Coppa Italia and the Champions League. It was also the first time Inter had won the European Cup since 1965.
    Mourinho speaks Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, French, English and Catalan
    Mourinho's Spanish Supercopa victory in 2012 made him the first man to win the national Super Cup in four different countries.

Hold on to your hollyhocks.

Chelsea ready for offer Lamps a one year contract extension.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/01/chelsea-ready-to-offer-frank-lampard-a-one-year-contract-extension-3708697/

I just want Jose back then we can sort out the rest of the mess.

If it does happen you can guarntee I'll be going over to the 1st home game....although I plan to anyway, having the special one back would make it even better. :pac: :o

Just to temper things. Under Mou we did play some really ugly stoke-like football. I'd be interested now if that changes now that we've no Drogba but have the three musketeers

duploelabs wrote: »
    Just to temper things. Under Mou we did play some really ugly stoke-like football. I'd be interested now if that changes now that we've no Drogba but have the three musketeers

Lukaku has it potentially in his locker to be Drogba-esque.

I think Lukaku is bigger, quicker but that's about where the comparisson ends at the moment, Drogba was one of if not the best lone frontman in Europe when he was on form.

If Lukaku can cement himself a 1st team place he has a real chance at becoming our next Drogba and becoming the player Drogba was for us, he has to be given the chance though.

Also I dont think we were ever as limited as Stokebut we had the ability to defend very well and spring good counters as well as hitting Drogba so he could bring in others around him.

I wonder if RA is coming to the belated realization that this footballing dynasty thing only works if one man is in charge and if that man's not him.

Perhaps that's what is fuelling the blizzard of signing rumours, Lamp's possible contract extension etc.

In other words, TSO agrees to come back on the proviso that neither RA or his lackeys stick their oars in on any major decisions affecting the team on the pitch.

That sounds like a fanciful ask, and highly unlikely, but the thing is I can't see TSO going back to the club under the old conditions.

On the other hand, he could just be back to enjoy the adulation, pick up a few pots and if it doesn't work out, sure either of the Manchester clubs would take him in the blink of an eye.

Jose is only 50, if his health is good he has 15,20 years in the game, if we get the majority of those years before he goes off to manage Portugal I'd be delighted, the ball is in our court really.

• Advertisement

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Hold on to your hollyhocks.

Chelsea ready for offer Lamps a one year contract extension.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/01/chelsea-ready-to-offer-frank-lampard-a-one-year-contract-extension-3708697/

i think that a 1 year extension was always offered but lampard has been offered more elsewhere .

i think that a 1 year extension was always offered but lampard has been offered more elsewhere .

He was offered a contract extension but not at the same rate whereas this one is at the same pay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Cesar to Florence (shame it was not Rome what a great headline that could have been)

Handy enough player settled in OK more shabby reporting me thinks.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/396203/Fiorentina-track-Chelsea-full-back-Cesar-Azpilicueta?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

and to those Chelsea supporters who have not as yet why not join the Chelsea supporters group, lots of intelligent Chelsea chat at your finger tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Utter bollocks, I hope. Azpilicueta has been one of our best defenders. Mixed season? Not a chance. He's a cracking little right back and he's young too. If Chelsea stupidly let him go, it should be for at least £10m if not more. Can't see it happening tho. He's been solidly excellent for us this season.

I cant see us selling dave, hes performed well this season and hopefully will be our 1st choice RB for next season.

• Advertisement

Theres no way he'll be announced as a manager of any club until hes gone from Real.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

There's alot of he said she said going on, until Jose is confirmed I'm going take it as he wont be back, I'd love it and until its official I'm not going to get my hopes up too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

If he doesnt come back to Chelsea now then hes some teaser!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

No matter where he goes in England he will be loved......IMO its a toss up between Chelsea and Man City. I bet he would love to try and make City the biggest team in Manchester and he would have bucket loads of cash to spend without an interfering owner.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement