Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

People keep saying he'll go to City which I would have agreed with before they appointed the former CEO and Director of Football from Barcelona. There is absolutely no chance they will work together. Zero. It's either PSG or Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Lukker- wrote: »
    People keep saying he'll go to City which I would have agreed with before they appointed the former CEO and Director of Football from Barcelona. There is absolutely no chance they will work together. Zero. It's either PSG or Chelsea.

Do you really believe the owner of Man City would risk losing the signing of Jose just because a previous employee of Barca works there? I dont think so.

S28382 wrote: »
    Do you really believe the owner of Man City would risk losing the signing of Jose just because a previous employee of Barca works there? I dont think so.

It's those employees who probably have the biggest say in who's the next manager. Even if the Sheikh were to overrule them (unlikely as he doesn't interfere with footballing matters) do you really think Jose would want to work at another club where he is likely to have another massive power struggle with the CEO and Dof. Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

A lot of that would depend upon Mancini being sacked and on that not sure. ManC may win their third major trophy in 3 years with the FA cup and of the 4 teams in their Champions league group two of them went on to contest the semi final. They might be a little more patient than Roman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

And of course there's the theory going that he won't manage Man City now as he has one eye on the United job in the future and that he managed City AND Chelsea would not be good for an incoming United manager.

I think it's bollocks, as any club would take Mourinho on regardless, but it's just done the rounds for years.

Personally, I'm not getting any hopes up until he's in the dugout, as I said. And even then, who knows. More interference from above and he could walk out the door as quickly as he walked in.

Wow, this Bayern team are amazing. They play the most exciting football I've seen in years. Makes it all the sweeter we beat them in Munich :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Best slogan ever.

Our City
    Our Stadium
    Our Trophy

That didnt pan out so good for Bayern, I do hope they beat Dortmund though, mainly for my hipster-esque FB friends who know sweet FA about them, I dont get the love in for Dortmund, although I know there is a few genuine Dortmund fan on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Best slogan ever.

Our City
    Our Stadium
    Our Trophy

That didnt pan out so good for Bayern, I do hope they beat Dortmund though, mainly for my hipster-esque FB friends who know sweet FA about them, I dont get the love in for Dortmund, although I know there is a few genuine Dortmund fan on this forum.

those people have been driving me daft lately.

one of them didn't even know they won the league last year :pac:

Daily Mail reckon we'll have to pay up to €12 Million to release Jose from his contract.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2317966/Jose-Mourinho-Chelsea-Roman-Abramvoich-pay-Real-Madrid-12m-manager.html

• Advertisement

Daily Mail reckon we'll have to pay up to €12 Million to release Jose from his contract.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2317966/Jose-Mourinho-Chelsea-Roman-Abramvoich-pay-Real-Madrid-12m-manager.html

Pay it... pay it... pay it...

though that is the Daily Fail, so who knows.

Pay it...

Oh, and my ould lad is a bitter bollix when he wants to be; earlier today he remarks in a cutting tone, "I see 'The Ordinary One' got beaten last night".

Cheeky ould fúcker... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

all sorts of chelsea rumours this morning , from the independent

Xabi Alonso can be part of 'cheap' Jose Mourinho deal
    Chelsea could benefit from two-for-one offer if manager makes return to Stamford Bridge

The contract extension that Mourinho signed in May of last year included a £20m buyout fee but the clause is only payable if he leaves Real Madrid in mid-season. Although he has three years left on his deal, the club are prepared to negotiate a sum much lower than Mourinho's €12m (£10.2m) a year salary, such is the desire on both sides to part ways next month.

Mourinho is understood to not have a problem working with Roman Abramovich's hierarchy, including Chelsea's technical director, Michael Emenalo, and his move away from the Spanish capital will not be blocked by Real, who are already preparing for life beyond him with Carlo Ancelotti. The former Chelsea manager is likely to cost them nothing, having agreed to terminate his €7m-a-year rolling (£5.9m) contract with Paris Saint-Germain.

Alonso is out of contract at the end of next season and has still not responded to Real Madrid's offer of a two-year extension. The 31-year-old has become one of Mourinho's biggest allies at the Bernabeu while other Spain internationals have fallen out with the Portuguese coach.

It is believed Alonso is delaying his decision to see whether his coach remains in charge beyond the end of the season. Mourinho's career has been marked by the close relationships he has formed with his players but at Real that is something that has not happened. Alonso has been the exception in the dressing room, causing friction between himself and other team-mates who have covertly lobbied for Mourinho's removal.

Another option for Alonso is to hold out until the end of the 2013-14 season when he will be in a position to cut his own deal away from Madrid. But the club would prefer to get a fee for the World Cup- and European Championship-winning midfielder and though Alonso is expected to finish his career at his first club, Real Sociedad, where he played before he signed for Liverpool in 2004, he has indicated to friends at the Basque club that he wants one more foreign spell.

A move to Chelsea would be complicated by Frank Lampard being offered a one-year contract extension, as revealed in yesterday's Independent.

Having targeted Ancelotti, Real are also planning to fast-track Zinedine Zidane through their coaching ranks as they prepare to fill the void left by Mourinho. Ancelotti has never been a popular supporters' choice at the Bernabeu but giving Zidane a prominent coaching role alongside the man who managed him at Juventus is being seen as a possible solution. Zidane had already been tipped to take charge of one of the youth sides next season.

Radamel Falcao would appear to be Mourinho's marquee signing on his rejoining Chelsea. The Colombian striker will leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season and is represented by Mourinho's agent Jorge Mendes. But another Mendes client, Cristiano Ronaldo, put good distance between his own and Mourinho's future after Real's Champions League exit to Dortmund. Asked about his compatriot's future, Ronaldo said: "It is not important to me. What matters to me is my future and Real Madrid's."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/xabi-alonso-can-be-part-of-cheap-jose-mourinho-deal-8599978.html

from the daily star

THE Special One is coming – and he will not be alone.

But it could cost Chelsea a small fortune to give Jose Mourinho what he wants at Stamford Bridge.

The Real Madrid boss has a £10m escape clause in his contract, which the Blues will activate this summer.

He has already agreed a three-year deal to match the £12m a year he gets in Spain.

But Mourinho also expects his old club to back him to the hilt in the transfer market – and the targets won’t come cheap.

The Blues are already close to clinching a £22m deal for Bayer Leverkusen and Germany star Andre Schurrle.

And they are also in the running for £50m-rated Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao.

He also wants Zenit St Petersburg forward Hulk, who could be available for around £30m, while Madrid pair Sami Khedira and Fabio Coentrao are on the radar.

If he lands them all, the total cost of employing him could smash through the £200m barrier.

But if it brings the glory days back to Chelsea, it will be worth every penny.

Mourinho’s plans are ambitious because they have to be.

While Chelsea could still win the Europa League this season, they have failed in every other competition they have entered.

It is all a far cry from the days when Mourinho was last in charge and the Blues won six trophies in three years.

But Chelsea are a team in transition, with all the key men from the side which used to dominate English football either gone or on the way out.

Didier Drogba was sold last summer. Frank Lampard looks set to leave. John Terry and Ashley Cole have not had the best of seasons and are coming to the end of their contracts.

New faces like David Luiz, who is in line to be Chelsea’s next captain, are taking over.

Mourinho is coming back to rebuild a club in decline – and the Blues could look very different by the time they start next season.

During his last spell in charge they were a ruthless, winning machine.

That’s what owner Roman Abramovich wants back – but he could end up paying dearly to achieve that.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/312356/Jose-Mourinho-s-200m-Chelsea-transfer-targets/

from the mirror
    Jose Mourinho would have to work UNDER Emenalo if he wants Chelsea job

Jose Mourinho has been told he will have to accept working under Technical Director Michael Emenalo if he wants to return to Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho raised the hopes and expectations of the Blues fans that he was on his way "home" as he spoke warmly of the enduring "love" from the Chelsea faithful.

But while the "Special One" and his advisors have been involved in negotiations with the Chelsea hierarchy for months, his initial demands for "full control" have been rebuffed.

And that could still end up sending him in the direction of Paris St Germain, who have also held talks with his agent Jorge Mendes and are likely to bend over backwards to offer the 50-year-old a deal he wants.

Mourinho's preferred option is to go back to Chelsea, six years after his rift with Roman Abramovich and the Blues board became irreparable.

The Portuguese knows that the Chelsea fans are demanding his return too, seeking the ultimate antidote to the reign of the detested Rafa Benitez.

Abramovich is ready to bankroll another spending spree to improve a squad acknowledged as not strong enough to win the Premier League, although the Russian will not cede his authority.

Technical Director: Former Chelsea assistant first-team coach Michael Emenalo has risen up the ranks
    getty

Since Mourinho left in 2007, the structure of the club has changed, with Emenalo in charge of player recruitment and involved in the ongoing negotiations to land Atletico Madrid striker Radomel Falcao and Andre Schuerrle from Bayer Leverkusen.

And although it seems that Mourinho is attempting to orchestrate a popular wave to bring him back to the Bridge in triumph, it has been made clear that both Emenalo and chief executive Ron Gourlay have Abramovich's full support and backing.

Times have changed: Jose Mourinho and Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich way back when
    Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini is a live contender for the Blues job, while Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp, David Moyes and former Chelsea favourite Gianfranco Zola are outside runners.

Mourinho, though, remains the most likely final choice, with the Portuguese's camp now suggesting he would still be interested in the job even if Chelsea do not finish in the top four and therefore miss out on a Champions League place.

Benitez hinted at his disquiet at Mourinho's public craving for his job when asked if the Portuguese had broken the manager's "unwritten code" of conduct.

"Everybody has their own way," snapped back Benitez. "My way is to concentrate on the next game. That's it."

The Spaniard, though, declined to say any more about his bitter rival, unwilling to stoke up the resentment of the Chelsea fans who still hold the Portuguese in reverence and awe any further
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-would-work-under-1864437#ixzz2S516oME3

I dont know if the club would go after Alonso given his age.

The money and potential war chest though is promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

podge79 wrote: »

I read that first as we already have a great boss at the Bridge and it was Mata.

I was expecting him to be a Bruce Springstein fan or coming out saying he wants to be a manager some day. :o:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I don't like the idea of signing Alonso, will prob cost huge money and is heading towards the end of his playing days, would rather see the money invested on a younger version. As for Jose and his buyout clause....PAY UP Roman :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

I read that first as we already have a great boss at the Bridge and it was Mata.

I was expecting him to be a Bruce Springstein fan or coming out saying he wants to be a manager some day. :o:p

:D cant imagine mata bouncing around a stage with a guitar.. with a couple of trophies yes.. guitar..not so much

be just my luck that someone will prove he's a gifted musician as well!

Phoenix wrote: »
    Seems Lewandowski is on his way to Bayern...would he have been a better fit for Chelsea?

Higuain is heading for the exit dor at Real, there gentlemen is our next striker, you can keep Falcao and Lewandoski.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Higuain is heading for the exit dor at Real, there gentlemen is our next striker, you can keep Falcao and Lewandoski.

Saucy sauce?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Saucy sauce?
    General manager Jose Angel Sanchez paved the way for Higuain to depart in an interview with French sports newspaper L'Equipe.

He said: "In a great club like Real, we believe we need two number nines of a high level.

"We have Benzema and Higuain, Higuain will leave, Benzema will stay and two others will come."

Enjoy. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Theres no way he'll be announced as a manager of any club until hes gone from Real.

:pac:

Didn't he leave Chelsea because he didn't get on well with Roman advisors? (I don't know the name, the one who is considered as Roman right hand man).

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Didn't he leave Chelsea because he didn't get on well with Roman advisors? (I don't know the name, the one who is considered as Roman right hand man).

Main problem was with Grant and the power he was gaining, signings and day to day running of the club.

I dont think Gourlay was there at the time and Buck was and still is chairman.

I love this from Gourlays wiki page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Gourlay

:pac:
    Ron Gourlay works alongside Chelsea Chairman Bruce Buck and Emenalo. These three idiots were all involved in the hiring of a fat Spanish waiter to manage the team in November 2012, to replace a Chelsea legend and Champions League winner Roberto Di Matteo. In particular, it is believed that Emenalo is responsible for advising the hiring of the fat waiter Rafael Benitez as the manager. Together these three have been responsible for ruining the club and destorying the club's relationship with the fans. Whilst Roman Abramovich has been the key to success in recent years for Chelsea, Gourlay and his colleagues have been more interested in selling shirts globally; caring little for the match going fans.
    Overall, Ron Gourlay is responsible for creating a circus like atmosphere at Chelsea Football Club and his predecessor Peter Kenyon did a much better job than him.

Hands up, who changed it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Main problem was with Grant and the power he was gaining, signings and day to day running of the club.

I dont think Gourlay was there at the time and Buck was and still is chairman.

Yeah it was Emenalo. I don't remember where I read but Jose didn't get on well with him and he was the reason why jose left or sacked? Any truth in it as if I'm not wrong Emenalo is still with the club so there might be problems again.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yeah it was Emenalo. I don't remember where I read but Jose didn't get on well with him and he was the reason why jose left or sacked? Any truth in it as if I'm not wrong Emenalo is still with the club so there might be problems again.

AFAIK, the story goes that Grant recommended Emenalo to the club, and was hired, hes repalced Grant and Wilkins along the way to becoming Director of Football.

Not sure if theres anything more but you can easily see why Jose wouldnt want to be invovled with Emenalo again, he has come in for a lot of critcism from all fans though as his anme appears to come up all to often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lukker- wrote: »
    Wow, this Bayern team are amazing. They play the most exciting football I've seen in years. Makes it all the sweeter we beat them in Munich :D

:D Would not liked to have played them this year though!

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    :D Would not liked to have played them this year though!

They're a different beast this year, even your man at the back Dante is a good addition.

I'm sure we would have bate them again.....if we had Didier :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Watched the DVD of it for about the 20th time the other night. Never gets old. Does anyone have RTE's coverage for the penalties? Never heard it.

Johner wrote: »
    Watched the DVD of it for about the 20th time the other night. Never gets old. Does anyone have RTE's coverage for the penalties? Never heard it.

Never will get old.

I ddint even record it at the time, I was watching on Sky anyway. I wonder what Dunphy and Co. said afterwards, it's probably on Youtube.

Part of the reason I want to win the EL is so we can be the first club to hold both titles at the same time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Meant to record the RTE coverage as I wanted to see Brady basically explode if we won. Never seen a commentator hate a club as much as he seems to hate us his face must have been a picture ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Hey Peeps

Is bertrand going to start this weekend do you think ? any idea why he didnt play the last game ?

And so Chelsea are into their 11th Cup Final in 8 years.

Amsterdam on the 15th? I might try to make it work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

james123 wrote: »
    Hey Peeps

Is bertrand going to start this weekend do you think ? any idea why he didnt play the last game ?

Cole was suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Well done Rafa & the team.

You are looking at the new Chelsea captain next season Mr David Luiz. Legend in the making.

Rafa >>>>> The Ordinary One?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Europa League final, I think we'll have a bit a that.
    What a goal by Luiz...showoff..

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Super goal by Luiz. Honestly, depending on what happens this Summer I could see him being given a bit more free reign depending on who we buy, and maybe replacing Lampard (assuming he goes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Great win tonight, I do fear Benfica though, they are having an amazing season really.

Was really hoping Fenerbache would put them out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How many defenders will finish their career with a youtube video as long as Luiz's filled with stunning goals?! Luiz doesn't half hit them!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Got a ticket for the final ,

Does anyone know a good way to get to Amsterdam ?

Aer Lingus are taking the mick , €440 return

Ryanair , €125 but Eindhoven and then €35 return on the train but the flight home on the Thursday is at 10:30 AM and the travel time is 1:30 min so would need to be an early start

Easy Jet from Belfast is €400 return

Is there a train you could take over?
    (Jelly by the way, ya lucky son of a ..!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Not sure if you guys have already seen this but in any case, sound lad.

https://twitter.com/DavidLuiz_4/status/330100253300768768

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Got a ticket for the final ,

Does anyone know a good way to get to Amsterdam ?

Aer Lingus are taking the mick , €440 return

Ryanair , €125 but Eindhoven and then €35 return on the train but the flight home on the Thursday is at 10:30 AM and the travel time is 1:30 min so would need to be an early start

Easy Jet from Belfast is €400 return

Nice one, less than 10k tickets allocated, in a 50+k stadium :eek:

Fly Dub to brussels, for around €50 return then get the train, long train journey but cheaper. ;)http://www.skyscanner.ie/deeplink/2.0/ryan/airli/air/IE,en,EUR/DUB/CRL/2013-05-14/false/2013-05-16/1,0,0/flights/FR%7C44%7C2013-05-14T18:45%7C2013-05-14T21:25,FR%7C45%7C2013-05-16T17:35%7C2013-05-16T18:20?request_id=bbca4697-494e-4b23-a83c-5ca36a4be93b&channel=website&airline_id=FR&ticket_currency_id=EUR&ticket_tax_px=63.98&isbp=1&tab=DayViewCombinedResultsView&sort=price&stops=0,0&index=2&qid=11154-1305141845-FR-0-10725-1305142125_10725-1305161735-FR-0-11154-1305161820&gridpos=2,1,1&abtest=1.B,2.A,3.B,4.A,20.A,22.A,23.A,44.B,54.A&posidx=1

Edit, €69 for the train return. http://www.thalys.com/be/en/train-timetables/Brussels/Amsterdam 1hr 50min on the train.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement