Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Posted it inthe Ticket thread, the home game agaisnt Sparta has gone on general sale, all tickets £30, Thursday 21st Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Phoenix wrote: »
    was that a recent quote?

Fairly recent I think certainly only been reported in the last day or two, seems he may be having a bit of a meltdown having a pop at Fergie too (though that is actually quite a reasonable point in my view)

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/news/1-latest-news/11889-materazzi-and-benitez-slanging-match-gets-personal?

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/benitez-reignites-fergie-feud-22711/?

If hes good enough sign him up, we;ve one of the best training grounds in the country and its close to London, where Beckhma Snr. might be playing for the next 18 months.

Our manager silly season is starting, anyone with a half decent record being liked. This guy does look cool though love the shiney head a bit Vialli like.

http://www.football-italia.net/29828/spalletti-chelsea-shortlist?

If we get to the Cup Final our game away to Man City will have to be moved, its currently down for the 24th Feb.

peteeeed wrote: »

So thats leaves us with :

PSG
    Chelsea
    City
    Utd
    Arsenal

I cant see him rocking back to Italy, or staying in Spain, Germany? Doubtful, unless Dortmund comes free which is VERY doubtful.

Put Arsenal on the list as an outsider also, I dont expect them to sack Wenger but if they finish outside the top 4 you just never know.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    So thats leaves us with :

PSG
    Chelsea
    City
    Utd
    Arsenal

I cant see him rocking back to Italy, or staying in Spain, Germany? Doubtful, unless Dortmund comes free which is VERY doubtful.

Put Arsenal on the list as an outsider also, I dont expect them to sack Wenger but if they finish outside the top 4 you just never know.

ARSENAL?

As an outside chance, yes.

I would have reckoned Pep to Arsenal would have been more realistic a few weeks ago, more so then Jose, but you just never know in Football these days.

If Utd win the League it could easily transpire that Fergie retires with Utd 2 clear of Liverpool's record, City could sack Mancini and with Rafa on an interim deal anythings possible.

That could leave 3 teams all looking towards Jose, the ball is well and truly in his court and I wouldnt be surprised if either of the clubs above havent contacted Jose about taking over in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Wenger to Madrid

Mourinho to Man U

Klopp to Man City

Benitez to the Dole office

Lords knows who to Chelsea :mad: :(:confused:

When the day comes that Roman goes and passes his UEFA Pro License then I'll be officially scared. :eek:

I wonder if we do not get the capacity raised at the Bridge will we move out of the area altogether?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8428976?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ba starts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

If anyone fancies us to win, 13/2 on Paddy Power at -2, worth throwing a few quid on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

a massive row between torres and Benetiz according To Rob Shep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

smuckers wrote: »
    a massive row between torres and Benetiz according To Rob Shep

What happened? Also who's Rob Shep?

he's a journo, pissed off he was dropped

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    he's a journo, pissed off he was dropped
    Any links?

no link just said it on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

A new low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Rafa has too go . needing 2 goals and brings on 2 defenders. No tactical genius

Dreadful performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

No passion. No desire. Shocking shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Rafa has too go . needing 2 goals and brings on 2 defenders. No tactical genius

Its no wonder Chelsea are not consistent..... the interference of the owner has big consequences for the team who are never certain who the manager will be after a few games. Its all down to him IMO not Rafa or de Matteo or past mangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Wonder would michael laudruo consider playing for us, never mind manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Very poor from Chelsea tonite , Swansea looked like they wanted it more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Hazard kicking the ball boy ???

They'll throw the book at him ....

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

the_monkey wrote: »

I highly doubt it:confused:

Once the FA see the replays it will be rescinded immediately (if the FA have sense).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

the_monkey wrote: »

Pity ballboy didn't throw him the effin' ball at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

P*ss poor. No steel in middle. Performances like this are why lampard is not being offered a new contract. And they are the rule not the exception nowadays.
    Missing Moses/width terribly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I highly doubt it:confused:

Once the FA see the replays it will be rescinded immediately (if the FA have sense).

I doubt the FA will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

If only for the sake of PR, Hazard should apologise. There'll be a shít-storm about this (even though it is a nothing incident) and worse could be done by just apologising in a sincere fashion. Even if he doesn't mean it, he should just make it seem genuine.

Stupid from all parties really. Hazard should know better and the ballboy was acting the prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

DazMarz wrote: »
    If only for the sake of PR, Hazard should apologise. There'll be a shít-storm about this (even though it is a nothing incident) and worse could be done by just apologising in a sincere fashion. Even if he doesn't mean it, he should just make it seem genuine.

Stupid from all parties really. Hazard should know better and the ballboy was acting the prick.
    Hazard has done already

Lads I think a few people are over reacting a bit, we messed it up in the 1st leg giving away two silly goals.

Most teams struggle away to Swansea they're a very good team.

I know I've said it already but the team just look tired, thankfully the hectic fixtures are nearly done with, plus we've JT back and Moses and Mikel too in a few weeks.

It's not all bad, onwards and upwards from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I said earlier in the week that this was a team on autopilot; tonight looked worse. A team that didn't even want to exert themselves to make what they viewed as a Mickey Mouse cup final as it would be beneath them. The fact that Benitez couldn't put a rocket under their árses and fire in their belly for the occasion doesn't bode well for his survival beyond the summer. Which might be the only plus of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I said earlier in the week that this was a team on autopilot; tonight looked worse. A team that didn't even want to exert themselves to make what they viewed as a Mickey Mouse cup final as it would be beneath them. The fact that Benitez couldn't put a rocket under their árses and fire in their belly for the occasion doesn't bode well for his survival beyond the summer. Which might be the only plus of the night.

It's hard to do that when you are an interim manager in fairness.

It was always going to be difficult to go to swansea and get a result especially since we shot ourselves in the foot at home. Swansea have shown another dimension to them this season, very negative and able to grind out results as they did over the 2 legs. Tbh I really could not care any less about the capital one cup so in that that sense it will mean more to swansea fans.

The hazard incident is a pile of lols tbh. It should be over with after both apologised but knowing the english media they will milk it for what it's worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Duck Soup wrote: »

It's difficult for him to do. He can't threaten the players that if they don't start pulling their weight they will be looking for a new club, probably can't even threaten to drop some of them until he runs it past Roman. Benitiz is basically like a substitute teacher to cover someone on maternity leave. You don't really give a toss what they say and you'll just do the bare minimum to get by.

Benitez is damned if he does damned if he doesn't.

I'm sure all the fans wanted him to play the strongest team possible, which he did, unfortunately we just weren't good enough on the night end of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

In fairness, I agree with the above. Barring Terry, that was probably our strongest 1st 11. Or at least one incarnation of it. Lampard was pretty dire on the night and could have been swapped out for Luiz, but the form Lampard has been in lately dictated he would start. Hindsight is a great thing.

No complaints. We now can gear totally towards the league and securing a Top 4 finish, which should be the main priority now.

Incident aside we never really troubled Swansea last night, in the 1st leg we battered them but couldnt score and Ivanovic gifted them 2 goals.

You cant play 180 mins of football and not score and expect to go through to a Final.

The more I watch this team the more I get frustrated, Ivan isnt good enough, Azp after a good start has been average the last few games, Ramires has no creative ability to play CM, unless hes partnered with someone who can keep the ball moving, we're really missing Moses on the right to balance team, Oscar/Mata are wasted out right since Moses has gone to the ACN, we're having the same problem with Ba as we were with Torres, service is non existant.

thought lampard as captain was very poor last night. gave the ball away so much and didn't seem to get the players going in the 2nd half like terry would have, the last few months its been painfully obvious just what terry brings to the team, only ivanovic says anything on the pitch
    terry needs to play on saturday, good game for him to play in, get the win and get this season going again

also should mention that over the 2 legs showed how well swansea , laudrop and ashley williams did . so well organised

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    thought lampard as captain was very poor last night. gave the ball away so much and didn't seem to get the players going in the 2nd half like terry would have, the last few months its been painfully obvious just what terry brings to the team, only ivanovic says anything on the pitch
    terry needs to play on saturday, good game for him to play in, get the win and get this season going again

also should mention that over the 2 legs showed how well swansea , laudrop and ashley williams did . so well organised

Part in bold is story of our season, lose/drop points, lets start next week, it happens every few weeks.

At this point in time we have the squad to push for a title challenge but stability and consistency is what we lack.

More on the ballboy that I didnt know until this morning :
    The ball boy, who Press Association Sport understands to be Charlie Morgan - the son of Swansea director Martin.

If hazard gets anything more then a 3 game ban that the red card brings then the FA will have really lost the plot but I wouldnt expect anything less from them TBH.

A few Spanish " IDK's " were reporting that the Real Madrid players were planning a Jose or Us stand in the summer, players said to include Ramos and Casillas.

TBH, I think Jose will be gone no matter what he does between now and the end of te season.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    A few Spanish " IDK's " were reporting that the Real Madrid players were planning a Jose or Us stand in the summer, players said to include Ramos and Casillas.

TBH, I think Jose will be gone no matter what he does between now and the end of te season.

In many ways I hope ManU beat Madrid in the Champions League, if they do he is gone and he can start with us early.

As for that tosh last night it was just dreadful, anyone who still thinks our interim is a tactical genius is delusional at this stage. It was obvious in the first half we had no penetration at all, Oscar is not a wide right player and looks like a fish out of water there. Yet we were at his normal 60 or 70 minutes before a change came, he tries to play football by numbers. He is a dinosaur in a modern world.

Ram should have been hauled ashore at half time, I like Ram think he is a fine player but last night we did not need him and Lamps in midfield. Oscar should have been brought back to there and Marin brought on. Is Marin any good God alone knows he was injured for a large chunk of RDM's time and our interim is clueless but one thing is for sure. He plays wide naturally and we needed width in a big way last night.

As for the subs when they did come was Ivan and Ash injured? We were chasing goals yet only two real attacking players on the bench and as one of them was Torres we really only had one, the lesser spotted Marin. Ivan was having a poor night but what was he doing just changing like for like.

For the love of God will no one rid me of this turbulent manager?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement