Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

So far.... things are going Chelsea's way this afternoon. Early days yet, but so far, the results are favouring Chelsea in one way or another. Spurs being held scoreless by Southampton and Villa beating Norwich. If that remains as is, that is very good for Chelsea (especially the Spurs result).

That said, it's only just about half time in White Hart Lane and there's only an hour gone at Villa Park. A lot of football left before the final whistle.

Also, disappointed for Watford to not get automatic promotion today. Bottled it against a very poor Leeds side (I know they had a man sent off, but really...)

Villa winning is very good for them and takes pressure off the game they have against Chelsea.

Only 20 minutes remain in the game at White Hart Lane and it remains 0-0. Please.... oh, please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Phoenix wrote: »
    According to the S*n Jose wants Terry and Lamps and isnt interested in bringing Falcao and Alonso to the Bridge...

Sounds good to me, so long as Terry and Lamps is just for one more year imo.

Fúck it... Fúcking Spurs. Fúcking 85th minute. Fúck it. Fúcking Bale again. Fúcking jammy fúckers. Sonofabitch. Hope Southampton get relegated now.:mad: (not really, but sums up how I feel. Bottleless cúnts)

Was expecting that all the way through, done nothing for 85 mins and out of nothing an absolute screamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I really really f**kin hate Bale. :(

Hopefully, Bale will be off to Madrid or somewhere in the summer and then Spurs are shagged. Without him, Spurs would be in 6th or lower. No joke. He has truly dragged them to where they are.

Without him, Spurs would be lost. Bitterly, I was hoping that injury he picked up earlier in the season would keep him out longer that it did. Horrible thought, I know, but I think every Chelsea and Arsenal fan was hoping the same thing.

Now, seeing as Southampton folded in the end like a cheap umbrella, will the mercenaries at QPR go out with a bang against Arsenal? Probably not, but here's hoping.

Sweet divine Jesus... what, 20 seconds in? Arsenal already 0-1 up.

Yep, QPR's mercenaries are going out with a bang alright. A fúcking gang-bang by bending over and taking it from Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

DazMarz wrote: »

Yep, QPR's mercenaries are going out with a bang alright. A fúcking gang-bang by bending over and taking it from Arsenal.

Silver linings an all, that comment had me laughing.

QPR really are a bag of sh#te!

Phoenix wrote: »
    And to make it worse we dropped points against them this year,including a ****ing defeat!

I try not to think about it otherwise I'd be on medication all the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Ah Spurs !!! :mad:

That sticks in my craw more than anything. Of all the points Chelsea dropped this year, it's the points against QPR that sicken me most. 5 points dropped to those headless chickens. Unbelievable.

Imagine, had Chelsea won those 2 games (which they should have, in all fairness), there'd be no battle for 4th. It'd be a battle with Man City for 2nd, tbh. Sickens me to think about it. It will only be slightly alleviated if Chelsea finish 4th or higher. If Chelsea drop into 5th or something, I will rue those 5 dropped points to my grave. To my fúcking grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Calm the jets lads.
    We have 2 games on Arsenal and we have to play Spurs yet.
    Be a bit more OptimistPrime let ye FFS!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

DazMarz wrote: »
    Hopefully, Bale will be off to Madrid or somewhere in the summer and then Spurs are shagged. Without him, Spurs would be in 6th or lower. No joke. He has truly dragged them to where they are.

Without him, Spurs would be lost. Bitterly, I was hoping that injury he picked up earlier in the season would keep him out longer that it did. Horrible thought, I know, but I think every Chelsea and Arsenal fan was hoping the same thing.

Now, seeing as Southampton folded in the end like a cheap umbrella, will the mercenaries at QPR go out with a bang against Arsenal? Probably not, but here's hoping.
    Didn't see the match, but maybe fitness tells in the end. I wouldn't be so down on Bale. He's a phenomenon. Football lovers shouldn't want to see a guy like him out injured for any length of time.

Anyway, it looks like we're going to have to graft our way into fourth. But on the bright side, wins against Man U and Spurs are enough to seal fourth. Our destiny is very much in our own hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yep and even though its a tough run-in we are the form team of the three teams vying for those two spots .
    McDave wrote: »
    Didn't see the match, but maybe fitness tells in the end. I wouldn't be so down on Bale. He's a phenomenon. Football lovers shouldn't want to see a guy like him out injured for any length of time.

Anyway, it looks like we're going to have to graft our way into fourth. But on the bright side, wins against Man U and Spurs are enough to seal fourth. Our destiny is very much in our own hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Lads, ESPN are reporting that Xabi Alonso is close to completing a move to Stamford Bridge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Lads, ESPN are reporting that Xabi Alonso is close to completing a move to Stamford Bridge!

could do a lot worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

If true then that is huge. It would be a fantastic move. I remember a few years ago we came close to signing Pirlo when he was a similar age, I was disappointed when we missed out on him but Alonso is an even better fit given his Premier League experience and that he is physically stronger. We've needed someone in the centre of midfield who can control a game for a very long time, Alonso would be perfect.

Am I the only one who doesn't want Alonso? Sure 5 years ago he would have been perfect but we need to buy with the future in mind imo.

Am I the only one who doesn't want Alonso? Sure 5 years ago he would have been perfect but we need to buy with the future in mind imo.

Thing is we said that Pirlo was too old at the time too and he's gone on to have two great seasons at Juventus (and a fine European Championships) Alonso is a bit younger. In any case Alonso's game isn't really based around speed and agility so it's not like signing a speedy winger at age 31, he still probably has another 3 top years in him. That and his contractual situation at Madrid means that he is probably worth a buy.

Thing is we said that Pirlo was too old at the time too and he's gone on to have two great seasons at Juventus (and a fine European Championships) Alonso is a bit younger. In any case Alonso's game isn't really based around speed and agility so it's not like signing a speedy winger at age 31, he still probably has another 3 top years in him. That and his contractual situation at Madrid means that he is probably worth a buy.

Perhaps, but personally I think he has faded in the past 2 seasons and it looks as though he's peaked. His last 2 seasons with Liverpool and his first one with Madrid he was probably the best distributor in the world but I'd much rather we were investing in someone who'll be at the top of their game for the next 5 years...

Also I'd like to see Luiz in DM full time next year so I'm not sure there is the same urgency to have a ready-made starter brought in. A 20/21 year-old who can rotate with Luiz, Ramires, Mikel ( :o ) and Lamps.

Alonso is a "meh" from me. Don't care either way, really. He could be brilliant, or he could be very so-so for Chelsea.

The only thing I will say is Mikel has gone down an awful lot in my estimation. He wasn't that high to begin with, but his form this season has been mediocre at best. Luiz or Ramires are much better options. Quicker and offer more going forward as well in defence. Mikel used to be good at threading passes, but even that has slackened off this season

Personally, I'd have been looking towards luring a Khedira/Hamsik/someone-of-that-ilk to the club. Or even giving McEachran a run. He's had a wonderfully successful season at Boro.

I would be happy with Alonso.... only if the price is right!

I really dont want us spending outrageous amounts of money anymore when its not certain if the player is passed his peak or not

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If true Alonso would be ideal for chelsea imo:

* Not breaking the bank because of his Real contract situation
    * A big name player who already has prem experience
    * A top passing CM who can dictate the pace of a game
    * A plus with regards bringing in Jose perhaps
    * Experience for the next few years in a side that may lack it after phasing the Drogba's, Essiens & Lampards out

On the last point I know and get Gavs point that a young Alonso type would more suited to bring into the squad looking to the future but the young quality already in the Chelsea first 11 could benefit greatly from playing alongside of a player of the quality an experience of Alonso, players like Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Moses, Lukaku would relish it imo.

Even if he is on big wages I'm sure outgoing players such as Benayoun, Essien etc could cover that without any impact on the squad whatsoever. The potential of Luiz playing in midfield may mean this area isnt as much of a priority but then again Chelsea wouldnt be expected to make just 1 signing this summer especially with a new non-intem manager at the helm and this would actually be in all likelyhood a relatively cheap fee going by Chelsea standards leaving most of the summer warchest available for other positions (like a CB and a Schurrle/Falcao or whoever).

McEachan is good for Boro but any mediocre premiership player would look great in the championship. I think as he's come up through our youth ranks that people see him in a favourable light but I really don't think he's up to scratch and won't get there unless he's loaned to a premiership club

Huge win today. 3 massive, massive points won today.

Win against Spurs, and Top 4 is almost guaranteed due to the goal difference.

Great, massive result today. Delighted. Been sitting here grinning and giggling like a moron for the last few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Win against Spurs and we are in. Cracking result today! I thought we just about deserved it, don't remember Cech making many saves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

BOOOOOOOOOOM get in there

Huge 3 points, Utd weren't great at all but it's still 3 points. The red was probably harsh but he did kick him up in the air... at least it didn't influence the outcome anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Lucky we played Swans and ManU when they were already on the beach but who cares a win is a win. Do Spurs on Wednesday and we should get 3rd at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Even a draw should be enough against Spurs. That would leave us 3 ahead with a much better goal diff. Everton will have literally nothing to play for when we play them and even if Villa aren't all but safe next week, we should be able to get 3 points.

Hope we beat Spurs, which should allow us to rest some players for the Europa Final!

A point would suffice though, its now turned into a must-not-lose match against Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Jaysus. Great win. I know some united players were on the beach but lads like Giggs were well up for it.

Rafa in?

Sideshow is really nailing down his cult status :D

ibddC6SZ22kh0n.gif
    poor lad stepped on a rake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

duploelabs wrote: »
    ibddC6SZ22kh0n.gif

Don't see why anyone is saying that's scummy.

If an opponent was stupid enough to kick me and get sent off I'd find it hilarious too.

How can you not love that man? Incredible player, terrific leader and loves the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Barca will be sniffing around him.

Johner wrote: »

They are and have been for some time. As I said before, I think he is the perfect Barcelona centre back. I don't see why Chelsea would sell him though, unless a crazy offer comes in or Luiz asks to leave (which seems unlikely right now)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Rafa in.

2nd best attack, 2nd best defence in the EPL.
    Europa League final. Semi's of both domestic cups.
    Currently 3rd in the league (UCL place).
    Playing exciting attacking football.
    Stability within the club - no sideshows (apart from our future captain).
    The players (seem to) love him.
    I love him.

Rafa in.

oh, and moving Sideshow to midfield regularly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

duploelabs wrote: »
    ibddC6SZ22kh0n.gif

I prefer this photo from today myself! :D

947152_499834686732501_528975483_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Johner wrote: »

Them and more I would say lucky Roman don't need the money, regardless don't think they could afford him got to be ST£50m ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Hope we beat Spurs, which should allow us to rest some players for the Europa Final!

A point would suffice though, its now turned into a must-not-lose match against Spurs

Still can lose to spurs but then have to win last 2 games and Arsenal are in Europa.
    Hope to win and can rest players before final.

I prefer this photo from today myself! :D

947152_499834686732501_528975483_n.jpg
    Mine is this...
    YFn92lV.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Beat spurs into the ground this week lads.

From the Arsenal boys.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement