Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Romeu back in training is brilliant news too.

Although with Luiz emergence in CM I much prefer Luiz in there then anyone.

Luiz Ramires is a good partnership for energy and drive and bite.

Yeah I think they could be a fantastic partnership next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Phoenix wrote: »
    did he really?

I really don't think I can manage any more of this blue balling (if you forgive the pun)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Yeah I think they could be a fantastic partnership next year!

It all depends really on the transfer market.

We can get a good CB and push Luiz into CM or buy a good CM and play Luiz at CB ideally Id say a good Cb as weve enough CM options at the moment.

A really good CB is what we need now.

It all depends really on the transfer market.

We can get a good CB and push Luiz into CM or buy a good CM and play Luiz at CB ideally Id say a good Cb as weve enough CM options at the moment.

A really good CB is what we need now.

Yeah we should be sorting out a CB before the striker situation.I reckon we're only 2 or 3 signings away from a title winning side again,I want Jose back so much to instill that winning mentality that we had in his era at the club.There was no panic when we used go down one nil everyone had the feeling that we'd somehow comeback and win it,I want that back at the bridge next year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    That Greek player from Schalke that apparently we are interested in?

Yeah Papadopulous,I'd much prefer Howedes tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'm willing to bet it wont be 3rd/4th.

I would imagine it would be a 3rd, I don't think we have enough to challenge Manchesters but I would hope with a full season we'd be able to avoid a repeat of this year's scrap...

Papadopulous is a bit raw but he does look like a decent prospect. They paid big enough money for him so we would ahve to fork out a big enough sum to get him.

I would imagine it would be a 3rd, I don't think we have enough to challenge Manchesters but I would hope with a full season we'd be able to avoid a repeat of this year's scrap...

Id say we have more then enough with the players coming back from loan and a possible war chest to splurge.

What we need is a manager in early to influence the team.

if its jose and we get a good pre season in we'll be laughing.

Or we could always just go for Kompany ;)

I wish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Why not bring Kalas back and give him a run at CB, every report you hear of him seems positive.

As for tomorrow night, will be tightly fought no doubt I hope Parker does not make it fine player was a mistake to let him go. I wonder will Ram be assigned Bale he certainly has the speed and the energy to do it and Bale is a player you need to keep quiet for the full 90.

Why not bring Kalas back and give him a run at CB, every report you hear of him seems positive.

As for tomorrow night, will be tightly fought no doubt I hope Parker does not make it fine player was a mistake to let him go. I wonder will Ram be assigned Bale he certainly has the speed and the energy to do it and Bale is a player you need to keep quiet for the full 90.

I'd be very confident of Ramires being able to stop Bale tomorrow.I'm sure we won't lose anyway which is the main thing,to sneak a win would be great but a draw will be fine leaving it in our own hands for the last two games.

I'll get linched for saying it but if for some reason Jose goes somewhere else I'd actually like to see how Rafa would do given a full season.

I'm willing to bet it wont be 3rd/4th.

It wont happen, ever but we could do a hell of lot worse.

Looking at Harry Redknapp.

Gav what were you drinking this weekend, for the good of your health lay off of it in future.

I never rated Parker, his game can be easily nullified and the guy gives away stupid free kicks all over the park.

I'd rate Sandro more so then him in a CM role and when he was with us he was fighting with some of the best CMs in England he was never gonna get a look in.

if we're playing fanatsy CB then Ramos is who I'd want him, Silva or Varane.

Gav what were you drinking this weekend, for the good of your health lay off of it in future.

The new Fanta apricot/perach drink, its nice and zesty. :pac:

The only person that should replace Rafa is Jose, other then that we're going for inferior managers.

I cant see Carlo coming back hed be my next choice after Jose and Heyneckes looks to be taking over Germany and Klopp wont budge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The new Fanta apricot/perach drink, its nice and zesty. :pac:

The only person that should replace Rafa is Jose, other then that we're going for inferior managers.

I cant see Carlo coming back hed be my next choice after Jose and Heyneckes looks to be taking over Germany and Klopp wont budge.

You reckon? I have a theory on Klopp's future at Dortmund. Goetze is gone. If the likes of Lewandowski, Hummels and Reus all go, I couldn't see him staying. Add in losing Kagawa last season. That's 5 absolutely essential players that are gone or potentially going in the summer.

I doubt very much he'd stay if the remaining three I mentioned left. Why would he? Dortmund could turn into the German equivalent of Arsenal and add in to the fact that Munich look like being the major force in German football for the foreseeable. I don't know if he has a lot to keep him there, especially if they lose the CL final.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

DazMarz wrote: »
    You reckon? I have a theory on Klopp's future at Dortmund. Goetze is gone. If the likes of Lewandowski, Hummels and Reus all go, I couldn't see him staying. Add in losing Kagawa last season. That's 5 absolutely essential players that are gone or potentially going in the summer.

I doubt very much he'd stay if the remaining three I mentioned left. Why would he? Dortmund could turn into the German equivalent of Arsenal and add in to the fact that Munich look like being the major force in German football for the foreseeable. I don't know if he has a lot to keep him there, especially if they lose the CL final.

There is a voice in my head screaming at the sensationalism of the above.

Kudos.

Why are Germany getting rid of Loew he has done a great job since taking over from Klinsmann, be most unlike Germany to change a coach only a year out from a major championship. I know he has been linked with Arsenal but this would be a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Id say we have more then enough with the players coming back from loan and a possible war chest to splurge.

What we need is a manager in early to influence the team.

if its jose and we get a good pre season in we'll be laughing.

Agreed entirely, I don't think Benitez would be the man to do it though.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    There is a voice in my head screaming at the sensationalism of the above.

Kudos.

It's a wild theory. Didn't say it was going to happen, but being this is silly season in football, I said I'd throw it out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Well he can easily pander to the medias hyperboil with his comments and he has, anything he has to say about next year following Joses comments will be lapped up.

Not that I like to give our interim any credit for anything at all it has taken the focus away from the game so far as we are concerned. Most news now seems to be concentrating on comments regarding Jose returning (something he never actually said - I still have an awful fear he intends to still be there next season) and AVB having a pop at the Arsenal keeper.

Glad it seems Haz will be back he tormented them at Three Point lane, and whilst we will have to keep a close eye on Bale they will then have their hands full looking after Oscar, Haz and Mata. Also they have to attack at some stage (providing we dont get off to our now normal very very sluggish start) a draw really is not enough for Spurs they need to win.

We're playing at the Bridge.

We beat them 4-2 at the lane.

Edit : I read your post wrong.......carry on. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

With all this hype and shadows, I'll be depressed if Jose isn't at the helm next year.

We're playing at the Bridge.

We beat them 4-2 at Three Point Lane.

We did indeed great final 30 minutes after going 2-1 down early in the second half, some great play by Haz, Mata and Oscar that day. Mind you from memory Bale didn't play I think.

AFAIK he did play but was kept in check.

Was that the game Cahill got a great volley from a corner that wasnt cleared properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

We did indeed great final 30 minutes after going 2-1 down early in the second half, some great play by Haz, Mata and Oscar that day. Mind you from memory Bale didn't play I think.

correct Bales bird was dropping on the day. Dembele and Lloris didnt play either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Glad it seems Haz will be back he tormented them at Three Point lane

This silly name is outdated, granted ye won there this season but it is a long time since Chelsea were dominant at WHL.

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    This silly name is outdated, granted ye won there this season but it is a long time since Chelsea were dominant at WHL.

Think it was the first time in 5/6 years we beat ye there, although the name is harking back along time and seems to have stuck.

Think it was the first time in 5/6 years we beat ye there, although the name is harking back along time and seems to have stuck.

Ah sure nowt like a bit of tradition - as long as spurs don't start a three point bridge tradition tomorrow night. I must say nervous about this game the last two league matches we played were against teams already on the beach and were not exactly overwhelming winners. Spurs you would expect will be rightly up for this game.

Ah sure nowt like a bit of tradition - as long as spurs don't start a three point bridge tradition tomorrow night. I must say nervous about this game the last two league matches we played were against teams already on the beach and were not exactly overwhelming winners. Spurs you would expect will be rightly up for this game.

We still got the job done.

Sure against Basle, a team that put Spurs out, when we had to we upped the tempo and won both legs.

I reckon we'll win tomorrow night, if we dont we still have Villa away and Everton at home to seal a top 4 place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

We still got the job done.

Sure against Basle, a team that put Spurs out, when we had to we upped the tempo and won both legs.

I reckon we'll win tomorrow night, if we dont we still have Villa away and Everton at home to seal a top 4 place.
    We can pull the stops out for one big game. We'll have to boss the midfield and convert three times to make certain.

It'll be war. Wouldn't rule out a couple of red cards. But it'll be worth it from our POV if we win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Anyone know how long Essien has left on his contract, or is he gonna sign permanently for Madrid?

He's had a decent season in Madrid from what I've seen. Wouldn't mind him back at the Bridge for next season. Great option to have in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

blue-army wrote: »
    Anyone know how long Essien has left on his contract, or is he gonna sign permanently for Madrid?

He's had a decent season in Madrid from what I've seen. Wouldn't mind him back at the Bridge for next season. Great option to have in midfield.

I think his contract is up at the end of next season, not 100% on that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yeah we need to bring back Lukaku...RAPID!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

Well, first post here been reading for a long time big Chelsea fan. Just wanted to say I can't believe some of the stuff been Said regarding rafa and the Europa cup, rafa has to go end of. apart from his attitude towards Chelsea in the past which was clear to see he doesn't like the club no1 and he is only using us to get his own cv lookin good. God knows what he'll say about Chelsea when he leaves. If he was left in charge he would do more stupid things like swapping defenders when we're Chasin a game and playing yossi is enough to be sacked. its incredible how people say they like him because of a few wins and a Europa league final which is nothing to cheer about its a desperate competition worth about as much as a Carling cup. Our squad is mostly world class footballers who should be challenging for the league not 4th spot our squad and is far superior to both arsenals and spurs so again it's a poor season. Any good manager would get a top 4 position with the players we have. Sorry for the rant for 1st post but it's been buildin up reading some of this pro rafa stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

fozz10 wrote: »
    Well, first post here been reading for a long time big Chelsea fan. Just wanted to say I can't believe some of the stuff been Said regarding rafa and the Europa cup, rafa has to go end of. apart from his attitude towards Chelsea in the past which was clear to see he doesn't like the club no1 and he is only using us to get his own cv lookin good. God knows what he'll say about Chelsea when he leaves. If he was left in charge he would do more stupid things like swapping defenders when we're Chasin a game and playing yossi is enough to be sacked. its incredible how people say they like him because of a few wins and a Europa league final which is nothing to cheer about its a desperate competition worth about as much as a Carling cup. Our squad is mostly world class footballers who should be challenging for the league not 4th spot our squad and is far superior to both arsenals and spurs so again it's a poor season. Any good manager would get a top 4 position with the players we have. Sorry for the rant for 1st post but it's been buildin up reading some of this pro rafa stuff

you said it my friend....and we already have one.

I wouldnt have had Rafa as my first choice after RDM was sacked but I'd love to see him get a 3/4 yr contract to see what he could build...its not necessarily all about the here and the now, it does take time and he does seem to know a thing or two about the game in fairness, exhibit A: turning Sideshow from something of a comedy player into one of the best in the league. If Jose came back would you be disappointed if we 'only' won a cup and and qualified for the UCL in his first season? When RDM was given the job I thought 'light lantern jaysis we're f@ckt now, anyone but him'....and look what he won. All of the staff/players at all clubs are professionals which by definition means they get paid to do a job. None of them love any club,stop paying and the will go elsewhere and rightly so. They love whichever club is paying them at the time. Jose wouldn't be coming back to Chelsea if there wasn't a handsome salary to go with it.
    Whomever is in charge should always be given the fullest support from the fans regardless.

Keep the faith.

Garzorico wrote: »
    you said it my friend....and we already have one.

I wouldnt have had Rafa as my first choice after RDM was sacked but I'd love to see him get a 3/4 yr contract to see what he could build...its not necessarily all about the here and the now, it does take time and he does seem to know a thing or two about the game in fairness, exhibit A: turning Sideshow from something of a comedy player into one of the best in the league. If Jose came back would you be disappointed if we 'only' won a cup and and qualified for the UCL in his first season? When RDM was given the job I thought 'light lantern jaysis we're f@ckt now, anyone but him'....and look what he won. All of the staff/players at all clubs are professionals which by definition means they get paid to do a job. None of them love any club,stop paying and the will go elsewhere and rightly so. They love whichever club is paying them at the time. Jose wouldn't be coming back to Chelsea if there wasn't a handsome salary to go with it.
    Whomever is in charge should always be given the fullest support from the fans regardless.

Keep the faith.

Yes thats why I can't understand the praise he's gettin. We are On track but it's probable we would be with most of the other managers we've had the past few years. So why settle for rafa? He is certainly no tactical genius as the myth goes.. We're In a good run now which we are every season this time except last year but we were occupied with the champ league so he's doing nothin special we lost some ridiculous games with him in charge also a few months ago. also the way he's treated Terry is scandalous it's clear he has a disliking for him from Liverpool days which is expected but that's Chelseas fault for putting him in charge. Anyways rant over and rafa out. And winning the Europa in my opinion is nothin to be proud of didn't Fulham nearly win it a few years ago? Speaks for itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Rafa deserves our respect at this stage. He's proved himself in a fairly toxic environment and the positive atmosphere around the games lately is a testament to what he has achieved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

fozz10 wrote: »
    Yes thats why I can't understand the praise he's gettin. We are On track but it's probable we would be with most of the other managers we've had the past few years. So why settle for rafa? He is certainly no tactical genius as the myth goes.. We're In a good run now which we are every season this time except last year but we were occupied with the champ league so he's doing nothin special we lost some ridiculous games with him in charge also a few months ago. also the way he's treated Terry is scandalous it's clear he has a disliking for him from Liverpool days which is expected but that's Chelseas fault for putting him in charge. Anyways rant over and rafa out. And winning the Europa in my opinion is nothin to be proud of didn't Fulham nearly win it a few years ago? Speaks for itself

One Jose Mourinho won it the season before he won the UCL with Porto. The winning habit is a good thing. Winning trophies even moreso. JT is not the player he was 2/3 seasons ago. The others are keeping him out of the team on merit.

I'm not comparing him to Jose. I'm not worried about what Porto won 7\8 years ago either. It doesn't take away from the fact it's a very poor competition anyways it's more to do with we shouldn't view it as him being successful if we win it were favourites from the moment we were in it as most other teams were inferior. j t is still as solid as Cahill and Ivan. He's our club captain and should be playing I'm sure he'll be glad to see the back of him as will I.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

People really need to let the Benitez thing go, let's just face it, with the conditions he has had to work under he has done a decent job, it's looking like he'll lead us to the CL positions and top off the season with the EL trophy, give the man credit where its due, hopefully he gets a decent job off the back of this and best of luck to the fella.

You can blame RDM for landing us in the EL in the first place his.

Rafa wont get the credit he's due but TBH I dont think he gives a bo**cks he knows he's managed to do a good job and play nearly 50 games when most teams are only playing 25-30 in the same time frame and with bigger squads.

Either way it's over in a few games I suppose and well have a new man in charge. I just dont agree he's done anything rdm wouldnt of done if left in charge all year. He's frustrated me with results and decisions more then I've been happy with him. We've been playing average for a long time and playing well now. but like I said we have done the last 2 months every year so I won't give him all the credit for that. Oh and the benayoun thing... That in itself is incredible

Rumour mill has gone into overdrive and is on verge of meltdown that Sir Alex is about to retire.

Just as it looks like José might be leaving Madrid...

Jesus, no... Jesus Christ, no...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

DazMarz wrote: »
    Rumour mill has gone into overdrive and is on verge of meltdown that Sir Alex is about to retire.

Just as it looks like José might be leaving Madrid...

Jesus, no... Jesus Christ, no...

David Moyes odds on to replace Fergie.

Bobby Charlton and a few other top guys at United already distanced Mourinho from the job.
    I think United want a long term manager to replace Fergie... that's one thing Mourinho will never be.

Jose to OT and we keep Rafa. Excellent :D

Than watch the Internet explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Jose to OT and we keep Rafa. Excellent :D

Than watch the Internet explode.
    Oh God, I'll kill my dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Not to worry, we can raid West Brom.
    Bring back Lukaku and get Clarke on board and we are sorted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement