Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm starting it early......Rafa in :pac:

3 year contract and £200 million to spend we'll be sorted.

SAF probably wanted to retire as hes sick of Rafa getting one over on him. :P

Robbed from the Arsenal thread.

IMG-20130507-WA0004_zpsc7090c2b.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Jose to OT and we keep Rafa. Excellent :D

Than watch the Internet explode.

I've just had a sudden thought. We need moar mods:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So much for us getting Pepe so :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Jose to United would be the biggest sickener ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

multiple papers reporting we have dropped out of the falcao chase

daily express
    Chelsea have dropped plans for a £46m summer move for Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao and instead aim to win a three-way battle with Manchester United and Bayern Munich for Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

I'm starting it early......Rafa in :pac:

3 year contract and £200 million to spend we'll be sorted.

SAF probably wanted to retire as hes sick of Rafa getting one over on him. :P

Does it really just take a good run of 4r5
    Games to make fans want this???? A quick look back thru the thread and you see people complaining about rafa weekly, this is what Has us I'm the situation were In with managers a good run means keep him a bad run means he's crap!! You have to look at overall and overall rafa towards the end of his pool job and inter was brutal. He Set pool back years In those last couple of years. He will frustrate us with decisions and cost us a lot of points if thus happened.

• Advertisement

fozz10 wrote: »
    Does it really just take a good run of 4r5
    Games to make fans want this???? A quick look back thru the thread and you see people complaining about rafa weekly, this is what Has us I'm the situation were In with managers a good run means keep him a bad run means he's crap!! You have to look at overall and overall rafa towards the end of his pool job and inter was brutal. He Set pool back years In those last couple of years. He will frustrate us with decisions and cost us a lot of points if thus happened.

I want in this order :
    • Jose
    • Carlo
    • Pelligrini
    At least one of them wont happen and Jose and Pelligrini would be great choices, after them the quality starts to drop off.

I'd have no problem if Rafa got the job full time but I'd much rather Jose over anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I cant see where this our interim has done a good job is coming from, we would have wrapped up long since a Champions League place if RDM was still in charge. What exactly has he done well?

I do actually have a horrible sneaking feeling he will be in charge next season where we can watch him being shown up tactically by Sam at the Happy hammers. At least QPR are relegated so he won't be shown up by them in the league at least.

If we lose tonight will everyone still be of the opinion he has done a good job? He is not good enough to manage a top flight club, if he was he would not have been out of work for so long. I do not blame him for taking the job and putting himself back in the shop window that is all down to Roman, we have to accept it seems he does not care a jot about the supporters it is his toy to do with as he pleases. To be honest I got more enjoyment watching the Bee's beat Swindon the the league 1 playoff semi than almost any game Chelsea have played since the interim one arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Here's my theory to the supposed Fergie rumors.

This could all be a ruse... Fergie has played the press before and used then in negotiations where he hasn't had a direct influence. Remember a couple of years back when Rooney was looking for a new contract and then the story was leaked that he might be going to city. Chances are that that story was leaked intentionally even though there was no substance to it just to strengthen Rooney's teams hand in the negotiations.

Now here's my theory. If it's to believe that Mourinho is going to Chelsea in the summer, I'd say the negotiations for his terms are well under way and perhaps Mou is asking a bit more than the Chelsea board are willing to give. Mourinho (who is widely reported to be good mates with Fergie) gets on the blower and asks Fergie to say that he's making a bit announcement soon in return for a bottle of blue nun. The word gets out that Fergie could be retiring and this sends the Chelsea negotiation team in to panic as it's been said the Mourinho is a long term replacement for Fergie. Chelsea board then submit to Mourinho's demands and everyone comes up smiling for the PR shots.

Just like after Rooney's new contract was announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Mourinho must be going to United for them to announce Fergie retirement so quickly.

not a rumour any more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

ohhhh dear I have bad feelings about this

Jose to join the Manure ?

I would feel very very sick if that happened.

If Jose wants to go there then leave him off its his choice.

Its going to be some season next year now that Fergie is gone.

i cant see jose going there with fergie still at the club, looks like moyes to me with fergie in the background grooming him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

My money is on ancellotti to take over

Well Moyes is out of contract at the end of the year isnt he?

I dont know, its impossible to know really, well for us ordinary people in the street.

If Jose goes there their dominance will be crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Praying Moyes comes out and says it's him, taking Mourinho from under our noses would be cruel.

What's jose's buy out clause 25m? Would UTD pay that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

taking Mourinho from under our noses would be cruel.

:eek: Sure ye sacked Mourinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

weiland79 wrote: »
    What's jose's buy out clause 25m? Would UTD pay that?

they'd sell Rooney for it.

(tbh that seems to be some United fans answers to everything at the moment :pac:)

Phoenix wrote: »

There goes my theory!

Its very likely SAF last loss as manager will be against Chelsea.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

According to RTE , Jose Mourinho is defintely going to Man united.

:(

Can't believe this .... Fergie did this on purpose so Mourinho wouldn't go to Chelsea..

the_monkey wrote: »
    Can't believe this .... Fergie did this on purpose so Mourinho wouldn't go to Chelsea..

If it does happen it would be excellent timing from Fergie, he knows we need a manager and Jose is likely to get the boot from Real so he steps aside and Jose walks in, brilliant, not for us though. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

According to RTE
    :/

• Advertisement

If it does happen it would be excellent timing from Fergie, he knows we need a manager and Jose is likely to get the boot from Real so he steps aside and Jose walks in, brilliant, not for us though. :pac:

Disgusting from his part , a sneaky little move .... can't be surprised from a guy who robs from kids charities i suppose...

Phoenix wrote: »
    Link?

Pat Kenny has confirmed it ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Disgusting from his part , a sneaky little move .... can't be surprised from a guy who robs from kids charities i suppose...

Can you explain this please ?

Pat Kenny has confirmed it ...

Are we listening to the same show? Pat never said that

If Utd are to steal a march on us or possibily City or PSG and sign up the next best candidate then of course SAF would see the bigger picture and step aside, hes moving to an internal role anyway, director or ambassador or some such so he'll still be invovled behind the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

It wouldn't suprise me at all if this was timed to suit Mourinho, nothing wrong with that though from Uniteds perspective.

According to RTE , Jose Mourinho is defintely going to Man united.

:(

not the RTE website

First Thatcher dies, then Fergie retires, somewhere there's a scouser with a lamp and one wish left

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    First Thatcher dies, then Fergie retires, somewhere there's a scouser with a lamp and one wish left

Their year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

That horrible feeling I mentioned earlier has just got worse prepare for the "Interim" one to get a permanent contract, he is even talking of how sad he will be to leave Chelsea.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/05/08/3962689/-?

ManU fans may be upset that perhaps the greatest manager there has been is leaving but it has totally f* up my day I can tell you.

That horrible feeling I mentioned earlier has just got worse prepare for the "Interim" one to get a permanent contract, he is even talking of how sad he will be to leave Chelsea.

ManU fans may be upset that perhaps the greatest manager there has been is leaving but it has totally f* up my day I can tell you.

If they get Jose and we keep Rafa I cant wait to see the reaction.

Wow, wow, wow!!
    Can we please not quote Goal.com links, they're utter utter tripe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

United naming their replacement in 48 hours.

Time to get the Chequebook open Roman...

I don't think Mourinho will go to UTD, he prefers to be top dog with no one above him with as big a voice as his and with Fergie joining the board, I don't think that'll happen

• Advertisement

That would mean Jose wouldnt come back here either eith the 3 stooges below Roman.

i think its fair to say , jose's name will be sung rather loudly tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

duploelabs wrote: »
    I don't think Mourinho will go to UTD, he prefers to be top dog with no one above him with as big a voice as his and with Fergie joining the board, I don't think that'll happen

And the other side of that coin is would they want him? If they believe longevity is the name of the game, he may not be the right man for the job.

sky sports breaking news

Sky Sources: Everton manager David Moyes in "pole-position" to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson

Sky Sources are not always reliable, until I see Jose confirmed as Utd manager or confirmed as Chelsea manager then I'll believe it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement