Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I think I'm going to have to disconnect from the matrix until somebody is announced by one of the clubs, otherwise ill be driven to distraction today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Sky Sources are not always reliable, until I see Jose confirmed as Utd manager or confirmed as Chelsea manager then I'll believe it.

true , i think the fact moyes has let his contract run down is the reason i have him as favourite . no buy out needed by man u and they can announce him on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Sky Sources are not always reliable, until I see Jose confirmed as Utd manager or confirmed as Chelsea manager then I'll believe it.

Thats for sure they have to fill hours of TV time and sure wasn't Harry guaranteed the England job.

If ManU want Jose I dare say they will get him, will they pay the buy out clause not sure on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well they've a few options.

If its Moyes they'll get a good manager that punched above his weight with Everton, could he up his game to suit Utd, time would tell.

In Jose they have a ready made replacement, one of only a few managers that could carry on after SAF and do as good a job.

from goal.com
    David Moyes is set to be appointed the new manager of Manchester United by the end of the week, Goal.com understands.

The Everton boss is expected to be announced, possibly even within the next 24 hours, as the successor to Sir Alex Ferguson, who revealed on Wednesday morning that he is stepping down at the end of the season.

Sources have told Goal.com that the United players have learned today that Moyes is the man who has been lined up to take over from Sir Alex.
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/05/08/3963134/its-moyes-manchester-united-to-name-sir-alex-successor

Never Goal.com.

Dont believe anything they say, like that eejit Guilleme Balague

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I can't believe people actually read Goal.com.
    It's even less reliable than The Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Well they could be right, I mean if ya sling enough mud it eventually sticks.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens, its taken the shine away from a huge game for UCL football tonight anyway thats for sure. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

No Dembele for us tonight:(

He's only gone and posted an instagram photo of himself on holidays! when he was supposedly included in the squad...big big loss.

• Advertisement

He's only gone and posted an instagram photo of himself on holidays! when he was supposedly included in the squad...big big loss.

Jammy git going on hols 2 weeks early. :pac:

What team ya expecting so?

Lloris
    Walker Vertonghen Caulker BAE
    Parker Huddleston
    Lennon Bale Dempsey
    Adebayor

recovering in Amsterdam hmmm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Jammy git going on hols 2 weeks early. :pac:

What team ya expecting so?

Lloris
    Walker Vertonghen Caulker BAE
    Parker Huddleston
    Lennon Bale Dempsey
    Adebayor

Dawson for Caulker and that be about right I reckon. Lennon late fitness test as well....not a great start to today.

Caulkers a good defender, hard to believe hes only what, 21/22?

Hes going to only keep improving.

is this the spurs thread ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

It is only with trepidation that I greet this news. The timing is all wrong to be gleeful. To quote Star Wars: "I have a bad feeling about this..."

If we lose tonight we have to beat either Villa or Everton, Villa look safe but we've the EL final soon after it and Everton could be saying goodbye to Moyes at Stamford Bridge so nothing taken for granted we have to win tonight to make sure.

If we lose tonight I think we would need beat both Villa and Everton. We will only be a point ahead of Arsenal and level with Spurs I am not sure that a single win would be enough. Tonight really is a must win and at the very least a must not lose.

Seen this on Twitter

Fergie last EPL home loss : Chelsea
    Fergie last League Cup loss : Chelsea
    Fergie last FA Cup loss : Chelsea
    Fergie last Communtity Shield loss : Chelsea

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If we lose tonight I think we would need beat both Villa and Everton. We will only be a point ahead of Arsenal and level with Spurs I am not sure that a single win would be enough. Tonight really is a must win and at the very least a must not lose.

I wouldn't consider it a must win at all. A draw should pretty much guarantee top 4. All you need then is one win from either Everton or Villa. Villa are pretty much safe from relegation now as well.

I wouldn't consider it a must win at all. A draw should pretty much guarantee top 4. All you need then is one win from either Everton or Villa. Villa are pretty much safe from relegation now as well.

Ya but with our EL Final chances are we'd play a weakened side.

I still think we'll win anyway tonight so I'm not to worried.

Ya but with our EL Final chances are we'd play a weakened side.

I still think we'll win anyway tonight so I'm not to worried.

Gav I am very worried about that weird Fanta stuff you are drinking you really must go cold turkey :eek:

You would expect a weakened side against Villa and they are more than capable of turning over a side not up for it. Given that he will almost certainly play a weakened side against Villa I would not like to be depending upon a win at home to Everton to get us into the Champions League next season, that would be a very sticky situation :p. I would hope the players are going into tonight with a must win attitude.

Gav I am very worried about that weird Fanta stuff you are drinking you really must go cold turkey :eek:

You would expect a weakened side against Villa and they are more than capable of turning over a side not up for it. Given that he will almost certainly play a weakened side against Villa I would not like to be depending upon a win at home to Everton to get us into the Champions League next season, that would be a very sticky situation :p. I would hope the players are going into tonight with a must win attitude.

Spurs aremissing more first team players then we are, we're at home, we've a better scoring and defensive record this year.

I cant see us losing tonight, coupled with the fact Spurs really have to win I think we'll win tonight.

Granted everyone that plays has to realise beating Utd means sweet FA if we lose tonight at home.

talksport reporting that moyes deal is done

peteeeed wrote: »

Apparently our deal with Jose is a done deal so they couldnt get him, Apparently.

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Apparently our deal with Jose is a done deal so they couldnt get him, Apparently.

My fellow Chelsea fans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a football; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards Jose

paddy power now have moyes at 1-25

If its true I wish Moyes luck in his new job and also welcome jose with big open arms, if not, i hope the board dont get ideas about Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    is that a good thing or bad i wonder:pac:

Excellent, I dont want Moyes and I dont want Utd to have Jose or Carlo. :pac:

• Advertisement

From the mirror

Clear for Moyes: Jose Mourinho still ALL about Chelsea despite Old Trafford vacancy

It's just a coincidence that Sir Alex Ferguson has vacated a hotseat that Mourinho has long coveted – the Special One only focused on Stamford Bridge

One-track mind? Jose Mourinho
    Getty
    Jose Mourinho has only got his sights set on Chelsea - leaving the path clear for David Moyes to take over Manchester United.

Real Madrid boss Mourinho has admitted previously that he would like to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.

But it is understood that Mourinho is still on course to take charge at Stamford Bridge this summer and the timing of Ferguson's retirement is purely coincidental.

Everton boss Moyes is red-hot favourite to succeed Ferguson and it would appear negotiations are too far down the line for any sort of U-turn.

Mourinho is understood to be pushing hard in negotiations about a return to Chelsea and suggestions that United may be interested will only strengthen his bargaining position.

But Mourinho wants £12m-a-year, there is a £12m release clause in his Real Madrid contract and he wants big money to rebuild the squad.

Handover? David Moyes is on pole to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford
    Getty

Chelsea's biggest target of all this summer is Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao but they have a head start on the £50m chase as the Colombian shares the same agent as Mourinho, Jorge Mendes. Chelsea are supremely confident of getting their man.

Mirror Sport revealed on April 5 that Mourinho also wants Frank Lampard - one short of equalling Bobby Tambling's Chelsea goal scoring record - to stay at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho would be expected to work alongside Michael Emenalo but club sources insist that will not be an issue for any manager appointed.

Chelsea have not concluded the Mourinho deal but it is close - even despite the Ferguson twist.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/despite-sir-alex-ferguson-retirement-1876114

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

All very well and good, but tell me as Chelsea fans that you haven't got that uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach that José could head north some time soon. I know I have.

Deals nearly done don't mean jack.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    All very well and good, but tell me as Chelsea fans that you haven't got that uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach that José could head north some time soon. I know I have.

Well if Utd announce Moyes that takes away our biggest rival to sign Jose IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Well if Utd announce Moyes that takes away our biggest rival to sign Jose IMO.

If there's an official announcement about Moyes, then yes I'd say José will roll up at the Bridge.

As it stands, José's not signed on the dotted line, Moyes hasn't signed on the dotted line. Let's take a breath and remember that both of them are currently in full-time employment with other clubs, both with games to play in their leagues.

At the very least of it, there's no way in the world JM's representatives aren't going to be fielding a few phone calls to and from Manchester.

Squeaky bum time ain't the half of it.

Duck Soup wrote: »

Absolutely as Samuel Goldwyn said a verbal contract isn't not worth the paper its written on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Absolutely as Samuel Goldwyn said a verbal contract isn't not worth the paper its written on.

Fergie apparently told his players who his replacement was going to be when he announced his retirement. Think it's fairly nailed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

greendom wrote: »
    Fergie apparently told his players who his replacement was going to be when he announced his retirement. Think it's fairly nailed on.

Also we wouldn't be able to announce Jose in the next 48 hours especially when Real Madrid have a cup final shortly.

He's Chelsea bound.

greendom wrote: »

Wonder if it is Big Sam he has always been a big United fan?

Anyhows getting a tad nervous now would be just too depressing to lose and then ManU announce that they have signed the Special one.

I need some of Gav's special Fanta.

Wonder if it is Big Sam he has always been a big United fan?

Anyhows getting a tad nervous now would be just too depressing to lose and then ManU announce that they have signed the Special one.

I need some of Gav's special Fanta.

862%5C5449000194862%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've just scored a ticket for the Everton match which means I now have a spare. Only problem is one of them is at the Everton end. Anyway if anyone's interested or knows anyone let me know.

• Advertisement

Chelsea team
    Cech
    Cesar, Cahill, ivanovic , cole
    Ramieres , luiz
    Oscar, mata, hazard
    Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

As a Arsenal supporter, I'd like to thank you... A Goat will be sacrificed in your honour :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    As a Arsenal supporter, I'd like to thank you... A Goat will be sacrificed in your honour :pac:

can you just take yossi to airport and give him a one way ticket instead?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Could have done with winning that game. Not great defending. Bleedin' Adebayor decides to have the game of his season/career tonight. Typical. Onwards and upwards. One more win will do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

4 points from the United/Spurs game was a minimum requirement, and that is what Chelsea got. The win tonight would have been brilliant, but it wasn't to be.

Still firmly in Chelsea's hands now, and 3 points from 2 games sees Chelsea home into the Top 4. Simples. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Does anyone still want rafa for next season?
    Bringing on yossi again who offers nothing.
    Please beat Villa on Saturday and hope Wigan beat Arsenal.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    podge79 wrote: »
    can you just take yossi to airport and give him a one way ticket instead?!

Also the tactical genius that is the interim one

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Does anyone still want rafa for next season?
    Bringing on yossi again who offers nothing.
    Please beat Villa on Saturday and hope Wigan beat Arsenal.

He learnt absolutely SFA after doing exactly the same thing at Anfield what was Lamps and Ba doing sitting on their butts at the final whistle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Ramirez is just not up to speed. Doesn't seem to have a brain in his head. He can't complete a 5 metre pass. I'd put him on the market without delay.

Bringing on the next to useless Benayoun yet again in a vital match is proof as if we need it that Rafa isn't top drawer. I can't see any circumstances under which he can stay.

Regardless of the number of games played, this squad has been well rotated, and we should have made a better fist of attempting the win. To have secured 4th, and ideally, 3rd, would have enabled us to advance planning on all fronts. As it is, everything is still up in the air. Typical of a profoundly inconsistent and frustrating season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

McDave wrote: »
    Ramirez is just not up to speed. Doesn't seem to have a brain in his head. He can't complete a 5 metre pass. I'd put him on the market without delay.

You can't be serious? Kept Bale quiet all night, counter attacked superbly and capped it off with a goal? One of our most important players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement