Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ye dug it out in the end. Congrats! Ye can enjoy Wednesday now, I'll be cheering for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

202 goals magnificent . Loving it well done super frankie lampard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

It was an ugly one, but we shouldn't complain. At this stage of such a slog of a season, 3 points is all that matters, forget the performance.

We can stop worrying now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ye dug it out in the end. Congrats! Ye can enjoy Wednesday now, I'll be cheering for ye Rafa.

fixed that for ya. :pac:

16454325-e1368279621689.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Lampards delivers again when most needed - what a legend

601718_496737100381429_763978499_n.jpg

GavRedKing wrote: »

I'm nicking that , beauty

Sit back and enjoy Wednesday night boys, UCL football is back next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

That's a great picture,hasn't sunk in yet might get a little emotional later especially if he leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I think ba is the biggest waste of space and that takes some doing considering how bad torres is but I do notice that the winning goal came straight after he came on again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

This is sweet after all the ****e we've been through this season. Will sit back and enjoy Wednesday now. What a game for Frankie to break the record.

photo.php?fbid=10151603829799288&set=a.272944224287.143822.191027189287&type=1&ref=nf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Fair play to Frank. Great achievement.

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I think ba is the biggest waste of space and that takes some doing considering how bad torres is but I do notice that the winning goal came straight after he came on

Torres is a better all round player then Ba, its that simple.

I keep saying it but Torres is more intelligent and more aware of the play and the players around him then Ba.

Still though what a day, getting into the top and Frank breaks the record in the last few mins after going down to 10 men?

Epic, his interview on Sky there he mentioned his mother I thought he was going to start crying.

We may have some players and individuals that people dont like through the years but Lamps is one of the better guys around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Chelsea should think twice about Rafa........ How do you equal success? The special one might not be so special anymore, like a previous lover, the magic has gone? A bit lucky with the second goal but Lampsy will do that for Chelsea. Credit to Chelsea for grinding out the win.

article-2322968-19B9BCF9000005DC-460_634x440.jpg
    article-2322968-19B9BDF8000005DC-343_634x432.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Ba was really really really not good enough, Torres did more in his 10 minute cameo than Ba in the previous 80 minutes.

The benefit of keeping a player like Lampard was demonstrated as clearly as it could be today, legends like him don't come around every summer,

203 not out, Super Frankie Lampard!

• Advertisement

Torres is a better all round player then Ba, its that simple.

I keep saying it but Torres is more intelligent and more aware of the play and the players around him then Ba.

Still though what a day, getting into the top and Frank breaks the record in the last few mins after going down to 10 men?

Epic, his interview on Sky there he mentioned his mother I thought he was going to start crying.

We may have some players and individuals that people dont like through the years but Lamps is one of the better guys around.

Even tho torres isn't scoring enough we score more goals when he plays, I'd like to see ba move on in the summer.

I hope JT is injured for the EL final and we win and he goes up in full gear to pick it up, that would be brilliant. :pac:

I hope JT is injured for the EL final and we win and he goes up in full gear to pick it up, that would be brilliant. :pac:

He would be sickened to miss out on two consecutive European finals! I'd be more worried about hazard tho , still at least I can go to the everton game and relax about champions league football next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Absolutely buzzing that Frank broke the record. A real class act and a stand up guy. Mind you, now that its broken he'll almost definitely be dropped for the final on Wednesday :( Also, would people not rather we keep the foot on the pedal and go all out to beat Everton too? Surely it would be better to qualify automatically rather than playing SK Sturm Graz or someone in August? Or did the PL get bumped up to four auto slots?

Legion. wrote: »
    Absolutely buzzing that Frank broke the record. A real class act and a stand up guy. Mind you, now that its broken he'll almost definitely be dropped for the final on Wednesday :( Also, would people not rather we keep the foot on the pedal and go all out to beat Everton too? Surely it would be better to qualify automatically rather than playing SK Sturm Graz or someone in August? Or did the PL get bumped up to four auto slots?
    Of course I'd want to beat everton, I want us to beat every other team but I wouldn't want to have to go into the last day of the season needing a win to get champions league football next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Almost our strongest team, hopefully we will have the game won early in the second half and can rest Hazard / Mata then. It is chelsea though so will prob need a 86th min winner.

Was only minute out! :pac:

Arsenal need 6/6 points and +5 gd to catch us, assuming we only get a point from Everton.

Their 2 remaining games are against relegation battlers who will in all likely hood, throw the kitchen sink at them.

I reckon 3rd is safe for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

All the old adages can get dragged up today:

-Cometh the hour, cometh the man (my personal favourite)
    -The old dog for the hard road
    -Age and sneakiness will always beat youth and ability :P
    -Etc., ad nauseum

Super Frankie Lampard brings home the record with two of the biggest goals he'll ever score for Chelsea Football Club. Those two goals are up there with the biggest and best. The importance of that win today cannot be underestimated.

It wasn't pretty, it wasn't attractive, but goddammit I'll take it.

I can't talk. My voice is shot to ribbons from screaming and shouting so much.

There is now proper breathing space now. Happy days.

I will also give Benitez some credit where credit is due; he didn't rest key players today (barring Oscar, perhaps) and played one of the strongest XI's Chelsea have. He showed that he gave this game a lot of priority.

Delighted, absolutely, unequivocally delighted. Bring it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

DazMarz wrote: »
    I will also give Benitez some credit where credit is due; he didn't rest key players today (barring Oscar, perhaps) and played one of the strongest XI's Chelsea have. He showed that he gave this game a lot of priority.

In fairness apart from bringing Torres on a bit earlier he was spot on today... hopefully someone has given Ramires a dressing down too, very silly to put yourself in that situation.

In fairness apart from bringing Torres on a bit earlier he was spot on today... hopefully someone has given Ramires a dressing down too, very silly to put yourself in that situation.

Yep, leaving Ba on the pitch for that long was unbelievable. He actually is beyond useless. That was the one thing that was done wrong today.

Ramires deserves a huge reprimand for his idiocy today. He potentially could have cost Chelsea that game. The only thing that saved Chelsea was that Benteke got sent off too. Had that not happened, Villa would have held on, or at least got a draw, no question. The only thing that saves Ramires is that Chelsea got the result in the end. Had Chelsea lost, there is no doubt he would have cost the team the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

how there could be any thoughts of letting Lampard go is pure idiocy.

proper mental.

José won't let it happen, so sense will prevail.

Lamps dopes deserve at least a 1yr extension.

Time and time again hes come up with big goals for this club along the way, without him we'd be watching over our shoulders for Spurs today.

Losing Drogba last year was hard enough but losing Lamps would be an even more bitter pill to swallow for everyone involved in the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

maybe lampards wage demands are too high for a bit part player next year? seems too odd not to have signed him up otherwise

barone wrote: »
    maybe lampards wage demands are too high for a bit part player next year? seems too odd not to have signed him up otherwise

Could be the only issue as far as I can see. In fairness though, the club do need to take the wage bill a bit more seriously going forward.

Anyone know where I can find highlights (in English) of the game? Want to watch it again because I'll probably miss MOTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Frankie Lamps is on MOTD tonight at 11pm on BBC1.

What a day for him and what a way to seal the record and Champions League football all at once. Legend.

Duck Soup wrote: »

Excellent gallery of pictures. You'd have tears in your eyes looking at some of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Legion. wrote: »
    Absolutely. We don't need a premature start to the season racking up extra pre-qualification games. And if we win the Europa League we're in another final next season.

Nope, we need to keep the foot on the gas and get third. And next season we need to field second string teams for the League Cup, and concentrate squarely on the big three - UCL, Prem and FA Cup.

Speaking of the FA Cup...

The biggest upset in history? Maybe... Maybe not. Wigan might be relegated by this time next week. But nothing can take this from them: Wigan are the FA Cup winners for 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

OK, AFAIC here's the deal for 2013-14.

- Abramovich recognises the need to develop an enduring legacy and Mourinho recognises the need to build a club legacy rather than his CV.

- Mourinho completes the clearout, but holding onto Lampard.

- Key players are acquired to plug obvious gaps in defence, holding midfield, a hard edge for central midfield and an out and out goal scorer.

- Concentrate on the big trophies prioritising as follows: (1) Premiership; (2) UCL; (3) FA Cup. It would be nice, and ironic!!, if we could win the European Supercup as well!! Straight back into Jose v Pep :pac:

There are big changes afoot in the premiership. I don't fancy Utd to keep up their dominance, and City are going to endure a tough new season. It's hard to say with Arsenal who, with Spurs, may end up treading water again. Next season presents an excellent opposition for a renewed Chelsea to have a real tilt at the Premiership. By all means keep the hand in in the UCL. But I'd go all guns blazing for the Premiership. That would be four titles in 10 years, the most successful London team in the premiership years on all fronts. And a platform for the decade at the very top we should have enjoyed after Mourinho joined, instead of losing ground to Man U when we let Ferguson get back in the saddle.

Speaking of the FA Cup...

The biggest upset in history? Maybe... Maybe not. Wigan might be relegated by this time next week. But nothing can take this from them: Wigan are the FA Cup winners for 2013.

absolutely buzzing about that myself! Manchini looks a little troubled.:D:D

kev1.3s wrote: »
    absolutely buzzing about that myself! Manchini looks a little troubled.:D:D

Taxi for Mancini!!! :D

Add to the fun facts for the day:

-only the third time ever a player has been red carded in an FA Cup Final.

-the last three managers to win the FA Cup have all been called "Roberto". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Duck Soup wrote: »

Thats great but WTF do they have a photo of him carrying his mother's coffin in there. Very very bad taste!:mad:

• Advertisement

Any chance we could get 2nd :pac:

Taxi for Mancini!!! :D

:D

Fergie to follow tevez to city:D you heard it here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Any chance we could get 2nd :pac:

Very small I say but spurs could also knock us out. Feel bad for man city 2nd keeper being dropped after he was told he play.

No monkey today to say well done to Rafa and torres. lol

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Very small I say but spurs could also knock us out. Feel bad for man city 2nd keeper being dropped after he was told he play.

No monkey today to say well done to Rafa and torres. lol

Spurs cant catch us unless they turn around a +17 GD. :confused:

Lamps will get all the plaudits today, even when Luiz came on he was poor enough, kept giving away the ball but Frankie got the business done thank christ.

Spurs cant catch us unless they turn around a +17 GD. :confused:

Lamps will get all the plaudits today, even when Luiz came on he was poor enough, kept giving away the ball but Frankie got the business done thank christ.

Agreed. The game was one of those 'wet days in x' sorts. Tough, physical and just not going your way and the mark of a great player is one who can turn in a performance. Enter SuperFrank. Absolute idiocy if we let him go. IMO, Give him a year/2 and buy a young player who is similar and let Frank be a tutor. Profit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement