Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I appreciate what everyone is saying about Benitez and his situation, all I'd say in return is you can't imagine Mourinho, no matter what the competition, sending out a team that wasn't up for the game. As for him being interim manager, true enough, but then RDM and Hiddink were also interim managers and they found ways to get their teams motivated and playing. Winning is a habit you get into and so is losing.

But yes, the manager and the team are both just seeing out rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As a player thats a terrible attitude to have.

Since we've been knocked out of the UCL the players have been coasting through the season as if no UCL football means they've no interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

our 2 leaders for the last few seasons were drogba and terry . if they were playing last night they would have dragged the performance out of every one else

Opening line from the Mail's article :
    Eden Hazard is facing the full wrath of the FA after his astonishing attack on a ball boy overshadowed Swansea’s march to the Capital One Cup final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Can some one tell me what the hell has happened to CFC? Where is the unified team the stubborn skilful team that other teams hated playing? the team that wanted to go to hell and back for others around them, This team/attitude is not what CFC is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Grumpy, again you hit the nail on the head.........bar Utd winnning v Madrid : - )

As duck soup says it does not matter what type of manager/coach position you have, a good coach gets the best out of his players and makes good tactical dicisions to win games.

I have yet to see Rafa do either. We were awfull last night again. Our defensive duo were terrible again together, Ivan is still a very shaky CB and we have no width at all. All our attacks came through the center and it made Williams job easy.

We never even looked like scoring, started the game very slow and finished even slower. I cant for the life of me understand how a club like Chelsea could hire Rafa!!

Sooner the better he goes and he can bring a chunk of players with him. Roman needs to wake up and stick to a plan. Get Mourinho back and hand him the freedom to build his dynasty.

Well done to Swansea, great win for them.
    That ball boy should have got a proper kick, would have been the first kick he ever got in his little spoiled life!

S28382 wrote: »
    Can some one tell me what the hell has happened to CFC? Where is the unified team the stubborn skilful team that other teams hated playing? the team that wanted to go to hell and back for others around them, This team/attitude is not what CFC is about.

We've no leaders or battling mentality when we really need it.

When its going well against teams we look like we're the best team in England and as soon as the other team get a foot hold we do our best to fall to pieces.

Eveyone seems to be getting blamed, Roman, Emenalo, Rafa, the players.

This season is a write off at this stage and apart from an FA cup victory and consolidating 3rd/4th its probably been Roman's worse since he took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Good God the Mail has lost the run of itself there, from what I saw Hazard attacked no one. The lad was acting the muppet and Hazard tried to kick the ball from under him, ok perhaps Hazard should not have but using such headlines really reinforces the view that the Mail really is a rag.

If the FA has any sense Swansea will be up before them for bringing the game into disrepute. Everyone does it in just about any sport (in rugby if you are the home side playing against a strong wind strangely there is only 1 ball that can take a while to be returned to the field but again strangely when you are playing with the wind there are 7 or 8 balls around the pitch) just doing it quite so blatantly is really stupid to be honest.

But as what a day says kudos to Swansea they set their team up perfectly and worked their socks off for the two matches and in fairness they deserve to be in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We've no leaders or battling mentality when we really need it.

When its going well against teams we look like we're the best team in England and as soon as the other team get a foot hold we do our best to fall to pieces.

Eveyone seems to be getting blamed, Roman, Emenalo, Rafa, the players.

This season is a write off at this stage and apart from an FA cup victory and consolidating 3rd/4th its probably been Roman's worse since he took over.

Yeah there is no heart there anymore :mad:

I blame RA. As good as his money is he is treating the club like its his real life Football manager, maybe it is:o. Some one should slap him in the face with a dictionary on the page the explains the meaning of the word stability. He is out of touch with the club and he really showed that with the sacking of Di matteo and the appointment of Benitez. Di matteo won him his holy grail and yet he still sacks him.:confused:

RA is ruining the club the way he is going about his business and people cannot ignore that fact anymore just because he has pumped millions into the club, i know without him coming in when he did Chelsea wouldnt be where they are today but the sacking of managers has to stop CFC has become the biggest joke in world football.:(

Sorry for all the emoticons i feel very emotional today :D

Hazard is going to be gone for 3 matches, I cant see the FA rescinding this at all, they should but they wont.

It should mean that Marin gets more game time, well 3 anyway.

Although Benitez will probably start Bertrand LW. :rolleyes:

I just cant wait for JT to be back, the sooner we drop Ivanovic from a CB spot the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Hazard will miss Brentford, Reading & Newcastle all away games.

Not too bad considering he probably would of been rested for Brentford anyway.

Lads I really don't understand how Benitez can be blamed for last nights performance?

He put out a stronger team against Swansea than he did against Arsenal, 1st half performance against Arsenal was probably the best we've played all season, then the players dropped a gear or two, which is on the players, hardly the managers fault.

The team just lacked urgency last night, Swansea wanted it more & deserved to go through.

Hazard is going to be gone for 3 matches, I cant see the FA rescinding this at all, they should but they wont.

I just cant wait for JT to be back, the sooner we drop Ivanovic from a CB spot the better.

Yea I cant see the FA rescinding the card, hopefully the rest with do Hazard good. Well you would have thought that Marin should start on Sunday against the Bee's and possibly next Wednesday against Reading. Really the games Haz is missing Marin should play in lets see if he can do it, he is a German international he cannot be a bad player. Hopefully JT will be deemed fit enough too we are in dire need of some leadership and as we are not getting it off the pitch we most certainly need it on the pitch.

Bertrand is a left back it would be nice to see him get at least one game in his actual position in the premier league just to see how good he is and how close he is to replacing Ash.

All this talk about loaning Marin out has me a little confused our squad is now paper thin, any players that could have come in done a job and rested the "main" players are out on loan already. Is tehre any joined up thinking at the Bridge?

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Lads I really don't understand how Benitez can be blamed for last nights performance?

Has Torres been blamed yet nah? :pac:

Hazard will miss Brentford, Reading & Newcastle all away games.

Not too bad considering he probably would of been rested for Brentford anyway.

He put out a stronger team against Swansea than he did against Arsenal, 1st half performance against Arsenal was probably the best we've played all season, then the players dropped a gear or two, which is on the players, hardly the managers fault.

The team just lacked urgency last night, Swansea wanted it more & deserved to go through.

He did nothing to change it, he alone is responsible for that.

In 180 minutes we failed to score against Swansea, the heart of our team was too defensive to play against a counter attacking team. As you say it worked well against Arsenal, they are not a counter attacking team.

Logic would suggest Marin will replace Hazard for the next 3 games but Rafa will play Bertrand there or Turnbull or some one.

Saw some good tweets regarding that idiot ball boy, some one suggested its was a good job Torres didnt go to kick the ball he would have missed and kicked the ball boy in the face.

In 180 minutes we failed to score against Swansea, the heart of our team was too defensive to play against a counter attacking team. As you say it worked well against Arsenal, they are not a counter attacking team.

Too defensive :confused:

Both games we were veryd attacking, just couldn't find the net.

What changes do people expect him to make? Had he took Ba off & Torres on the fans would still be calling for his head.

Luiz for Ivanovic made sense as luiz would get forward a lot more, then when Bertrand came on Luiz pushed even further up.

What changes would you have made?

Lads Malaga V Barcelona is on Sky sports 2 tonight at 21:00.

I seen on twitter yesterday that Piazon is going to play as Isco is out injured.

Worth a watch.

Lads Malaga V Barcelona is on Sky sports 2 tonight at 21:00.

I seen on twitter yesterday that Piazon is going to play as Isco is out injured.

Worth a watch.

Is that the copa Del Ray? hope he does get game time with Malaga now.

Too defensive :confused:

Both games we were veryd attacking, just couldn't find the net.

What changes do people expect him to make? Had he took Ba off & Torres on the fans would still be calling for his head.

Luiz for Ivanovic made sense as luiz would get forward a lot more, then when Bertrand came on Luiz pushed even further up.

What changes would you have made?

The heart of our team was defensive Ram and lamps were not needed in midfield for these games Oscar would offer so much more there. As it turned out both Lamps and Ram had very poor games, but then they had no room to operate in. A centre midfield of Oscar and Luiz would have guile and steel that was missing last night.

We had no width and when have you ever seen Oscar play well out on the right?

Cesar flatters to deceive he seems to have Dracula's aversion to cross's. Ash done ok a few times down the left but Cesar has a bit to learn yet. It was right to give Ivan a chance to redeem himself, but in the first half he tried too hard always trying to find that killer pass. Personally I would have started with him on the right and JT at centre half.

The question remains we created nothing at all in the first half and what did we do in the second half? Exactly the same. Einstein was a genius what did he have to say about situations such as this?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Would you expect to beat a good counter attacking team consistently with no width?

• Advertisement

Spot on again Grumpy. Personally i would not have started with JT as he is too slow to defend using our high pressure defenisve line. Totally agree with Oscar and Luiz in midfield even if we moved Ba on to the left and pushed Torres up front.

I was happy enough with our starting line up but we showed from the start we were out worked in midfield and offered no width in attack. Our passing from the back was terrible and time and again we tried long ball rubish again.

Luiz should have come on sooner for Lampard or Ramires. Cole i presume was injuried because Cole offered our only witdh on our left flank.

We needed goals last night not defenders, our squad should have been like below after 60 mins IMO

Cech
    Ceasar
    Cahill
    Ivan
    Cole
    Luiz
    Oscar
    ----Hazard
    Mata
    Ba/Marin
    Torres

. A centre midfield of Oscar and Luiz would have guile and steel that was missing last night.

So in a must win important game, you'd start with a CM pairing of two players who have never played there together?
    We had no width and when have you ever seen Oscar play well out on the right?

We have no width is correct but is that Benitez fault? Marin can't get into the team and Moses is away.

Is that the copa Del Ray? hope he does get game time with Malaga now.

Yeah it's the 2nd leg, its 2-2, if Piazon gets a run out, what a difference a week makes, going from sitting on the bench at Chelsea to playing against Barcelona in a quarter final of a cup.

Caveman are you sure they have never played there before - I would check that if I were you.

So at half time with no invention, no clear chances you would have been happy as our interim was to just leave it as it was? Why was Marin on the bench if there was no possibility of him being used? In, as you correctly say, a must win game we have only two out and out attacking players on the bench at least one of whom has no form at all despite chance after chance. And none of this is our interim's fault just curious whose fault is it then?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Caveman are you sure they have never played there before - I would check that if I were you.

So at half time with no invention, no clear chances you would have been happy as our interim was to just leave it as it was? Why was Marin on the bench if there was no possibility of him being used? In, as you correctly say, a must win game we have only two out and out attacking players on the bench at least one of whom has no form at all despite chance after chance. And none of this is our interim's fault just curious whose fault is it then?

When have they played together in central midfield?

Also you say one of our attacking players has no form at all, what about Marin ? what sort of form has he?

Marin has been very disappointing since his arrival, i'm sure if he gets a run of games and gets match fit he'll be a decent player but there's no way i'd depend on him to be a game changer.

Swansea looked the more dangerous team last night, so bringing on Luiz for Ivanovic was a good call IMO as Luiz plays the ball out from the back a lot better than anyone, but we couldn't afford to concede one either so taking off a defender for an attacker would of being a risky call.

So in a must win important game, you'd start with a CM pairing of two players who have never played there together?

We have no width is correct but is that Benitez fault? Marin can't get into the team and Moses is away.

Yes and Yes to both your questions, Oscar and Luiz can both play in deep midfield and im sure they could work together. We needed to make a change and putting both those players as defensive/Playmaker postitions is what we needed and had to take a chance.

And as for no width, of course its Rafa's fault, he is the manager FFS!
    Both Mata and Hazard played as wingers before and both well acomplished wingers too.

With both Mata and Hazard able to play wide and when we retain the ball this allows Luiz and Oscar move forward and the opositions defense is pinned back by our wing play.
    Luiz and Oscar can pick passes while our attackers stretch swansea as much as possible.
    The subs Rafa made, made no influence on the game at all

Cech

Cahill
    Ivanovic

Ceasar
    Cole
    Luiz

Oscar
    Hazard
    Mata
    Torres
    Ba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

what a day wrote: »
    Yes and Yes to both your questions, Oscar and Luiz can both play in deep midfield and im sure they could work together. We needed to make a change and putting both those players as defensive/Playmaker postitions is what we needed and had to take a chance.

Both Mata and Hazard played as wingers before and both well acomplished wingers too.

With both Mata and Hazard able to play wide and when we retain the ball this allows Luiz and Oscar move forward and the opositions defense is pinned back by our wing play.
    Luiz and Oscar can pick passes while our attackers stretch swansea as much as possible.

Cech

Cahill
    Ivanovic

Ceasar
    Cole
    Luiz

Oscar
    Hazard
    Mata
    Torres
    Ba
    i thought oscar actually tackled back quite well last night .
    it was always the great move of jose , going all out 4 4 2 . i remember when we were struggling against newcastle and scored 4 in about 20 mins .

Cech

Cahill
    Ivanovic

Ceasar
    Cole
    Luiz

Oscar
    Hazard
    Mata
    Torres
    Ba

Firstly Rafa is not the manager, he is the Interim-manager and as we are all well aware he has no control over who the club decide to buy. So to say its his fault we have no width is just wrong.

Secondly in your team you have Ba & Torres up front, neither player likes to have a partner up front with them, they both play better as lone strikers.

Mata/Oscar & Hazard all want to play no.10 but obviusly that can't happen. Mata imo is the best player to put in that position as everything goes through him.

Oscar has rarely played midfield for Chelsea so for him and an in experienced Luiz to partner up would be a bad decision unless they were given time.

You can analyse it as much as you want but that team that lined out last night was more than good enough to beat Swansea if they played the way we know they can. The players just didnt get into the game end of story.

peteeeed wrote: »
    it was always the great move of jose , going all out 4 4 2 . i remember when we were struggling against newcastle and scored 4 in about 20 mins .

Exactlly!!, Throw the kitchen sink at them, Man Utd do, Man city do < arsenal Spurs etc etc

When your looking for a goal and we are on top we have to just have two fast CBs defending and the rest of the team attacks like Barca, They have Pique and Macherano as CBs as they are quick to get back and put off a counter attacking striker.

Have one ball winning midfielder that can pass all over the pitch and is good on the ball .ie Luiz

Beside him you have two players to pass balls around to retain the ball and cancel out the pressure from opponents midfield i.e Cole and Ceaser

Our other playmaker moves around the hole and assists in pulling defenders out from their line .i.e Oscar

Mata Hazard Ba/Marin and Torres can then move with freedom and out number a defensice back four.

With our high pressure its will make it difficult for opponents to run half the length of the field and beat our two CBs and our keeper.

We have to take nesacary risks!!

Firstly Rafa is not the manager, he is the Interim-manager and as we are all well aware he has no control over who the club decide to buy. So to say its his fault we have no width is just wrong.

Secondly in your team you have Ba & Torres up front, neither player likes to have a partner up front with them, they both play better as lone strikers.

Mata/Oscar & Hazard all want to play no.10 but obviusly that can't happen. Mata imo is the best player to put in that position as everything goes through him.

Oscar has rarely played midfield for Chelsea so for him and an in experienced Luiz to partner up would be a bad decision unless they were given time.

You can analyse it as much as you want but that team that lined out last night was more than good enough to beat Swansea if they played the way we know they can. The players just didnt get into the game end of story.

Interm or not he is still in charge our our playing squad, its his job to control the players, pick teams make sustitutions and tactical discissions. He had made too many mistakes and wether or not he is here for 6 years or six months he is paid as our manager and to guid our team to the best of his ability. He is simply not doing good enough and he has no excuses's. It is Rafas fault we have no width, of course it is........he is our manager/Interm manager he still picks the team, tactics and subsitutions! You cant say he does not have the players to add width he had Marin on the bench Hazard and Mata....all wingers plus bertrand! All players able to add width but im not arguing about the players best positions or where they want to play, we needed width and they could have provided that!

Oscar can play as a playmaker and has done for other teams so why not with us in one pertictular game. I said it about Luiz and i was right and im right about Oscar too! Both can play there together and it was worth a try at least.

I do agree with you though, the team that lined out last night should have been good enough to get a win but again Rafa does not get the best out of the players at his disposal and its the managers job/Interm Managers job to get the best out of his players.

peteeeed wrote: »

Absolutely Oscar's tackling is one of the strengths of his game I think, for a lad that looks so slight he does very very well. It is for that reason I suspect that RDM played him far more central.

As for the tactics in my opinion our interim manager got them totally wrong again, obviously Caveman you see it slightly differently I guess thats what makes sport interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I appreciate what everyone is saying about Benitez and his situation, all I'd say in return is you can't imagine Mourinho, no matter what the competition, sending out a team that wasn't up for the game. As for him being interim manager, true enough, but then RDM and Hiddink were also interim managers and they found ways to get their teams motivated and playing. Winning is a habit you get into and so is losing.

But yes, the manager and the team are both just seeing out rest of the season.

Except in the league. I'm sure Jose would have done a better job though, but he's in a different league to pretty much every other manager. If you Chelsea don't get him this summer there will be huge problems.

Cech

Cahill
    Ivanovic

Ceasar
    Cole
    Luiz

Oscar
    Hazard
    Mata
    Torres
    Ba

Why play Torres though? Its widely acknowledged that both Ba and Torres cant really play with a CF next to them, some players can others cant.

Playing a 4-4-2 would only work if Torres was to drop deeper and latch onto Ba's knock downs but that kills us by pushing our most creative player wide left.

Naturally Hazard and Mata will wonder infield and leave us again with no width in that formation. Its all well and good saying tell them stay wide but both players best work is from the centre or coming off the flank on to their strong foot, so sending both down the line for crosses woulndt achieve much IMO.

Wait until Moses is back and we'll be sorted for width, Oscar will be dropped and Luiz will be playing CM. Happy days.

Except in the league. I'm sure Jose would have done a better job though, but he's in a different league to pretty much every other manager. If you Chelsea don't get him this summer there will be huge problems.

Stand to be corrected but I thought we only lost one league match with Gus in charge and that controversially at Spurs? In fact I think he won pretty much every other league match.

I wish we had an interim who could do that badly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Why exactly. Yes the fellow was playing for time (I have heard I have not seen it) but Hazard should not have done what he did. It was stupid and moronic

Why play Torres though? Its widely acknowledged that both Ba and Torres cant really play with a CF next to them, some players can others cant.

Playing a 4-4-2 would only work if Torres was to drop deeper and latch onto Ba's knock downs but that kills us by pushing our most creative player wide left.

Naturally Hazard and Mata will wonder infield and leave us again with no width in that formation. Its all well and good saying tell them stay wide but both players best work is from the centre or coming off the flank on to their strong foot, so sending both down the line for crosses woulndt achieve much IMO.

Wait until Moses is back and we'll be sorted for width, Oscar will be dropped and Luiz will be playing CM. Happy days.

You say both strikers cant play together but yet that has never been tried either! Now im not saying it would work but we needed goals and bringing on another striker would have been a better way to score a goal than bringing on a defender.

And you say Mata and Hazard naturally will wonder infeild but if that is the case it just proves Rafa is a rubish manager. You tell a player to do a job he has to do it or he is off the pitch, its simple!

Yes Mata and Hazard are better inside but we need width and they were our best options to provide that last night Even Ramires could have played on the right hand side.

We never have a plan B.....never!

Look at some of the other euroean teams like Juventus Barca Madrid.
    We could have switched our team around to provide the width we needed even with out making a susbsitution. Raf just sat there and didnt get what was needed from the world class players he has....simple as that!

You say both strikers cant play together but yet that has never been tried either! Now im not saying it would work but we needed goals and bringing on another striker would have been a better way to score a goal than bringing on a defender.

Torres was always an out and out striker, neither Drogba or Torres played upfront together as Drogba had the same problem, Ba was the same at Newcastle and it lmeant Cisse was pushed out wide.
    And you say Mata and Hazard naturally will wonder infeild but if that is the case it just proves Rafa is a rubish manager. You tell a player to do a job he has to do it or he is off the pitch, its simple!

You cant stop a player doing whats natural, if you say whip them off its not that simple, not when you cant bring on players of equal or greater talent for Hazard or Mata.
    Yes Mata and Hazard are better inside but we need width and they were our best options to provide that last night Even Ramires could have played on the right hand side.

We never have a plan B.....never!

We havent played with width for about 5, 6 years now, its not the end of the world, our FB's are meant to provide width in current formation and Cole is jsut about able to do it, not to level he used but thats natural, part of the reason for 2 sitting players is if both FB's are caught up the field then we have 2 DM's and 2 CB's to cover them.
    Look at some of the other euroean teams like Juventus, Barca, Madrid.
    We could have switched our team around to provide the width we needed even with out making a susbsitution. Raf just sat there and didnt get what was needed from the world class players he has....simple as that!

The coaching team have to stand up and relay what they see to him, which is what we as fans can see, Plan A isnt working, switch it up a bit, move players around but alas we have a team of coaches on the bench and between them nobody wants to change it up when we're 2-0 ina semi final of a cup.

The subs shuld have been thrown on a H/T and not so late on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Stand to be corrected but I thought we only lost one league match with Gus in charge and that controversially at Spurs? In fact I think he won pretty much every other league match.

I wish we had an interim who could do that badly now.

I was referring to Di Matteo.

Why exactly. Yes the fellow was playing for time (I have heard I have not seen it) but Hazard should not have done what he did. It was stupid and moronic

If you have not seen it how can you comment it was stupid and moronic? Gav did see it and I think his comment is quite fair.

I was referring to Di Matteo.

Sorry misunderstood Still wish we had an interim who could do that badly though :p

Il stick by what i said Gav.

Torres and Ba or even Marin would have made more chances to score then Luiz and Bertrand would in defense, no matter what way you argue he cant play with who two strikers weather they can play together or not is a better option to score goals then bring on more defenders and i just cant see why any one can even argue with that.

On Hazard and Mata you said they will Naturally drift into midfield, they wont Gav, they are tried and tested profesionals and both played as wingers for both Valencia Spain and Lille.
    Im always for freedom in movement in attack and i would not stop them from moving infield to create attacking opertunitys but they WOULD have provided width is asked last night!

And your right about the rest, we have not played with proper width in years and thats why im having a go at rafa, just because we didnt have it in years does not make it ok for Rafa not to use width. We needed it last night and did not create any.

By the 60th min mark we should have made pro active changes and not replacing two defenders. Just some of the formations we could have tried last night to get some thing from the game but no, not Rafa.

Cech

Cahilll
    Ivan

Luiz

Ramires
    Oscar

Hazard
    Mata
    Marin
    Ba
    Torres

Cech

Cahill
    Ivan
    Ceasar
    Cole
    Luiz

Mata
    Oscar

Hazard
    Ba
    Marin

• Advertisement

I agree about the subs, Torres/Marin should have been the 1st sub and it should have been at the 60 min mark and shuffle the pack give Swansea a different threat to deal with.

They had it very easy for 90 mins last night, we were very toothless really and wouldnt have scored if we were given another 90 mins.

Course he shouldnt have but if what Hazard doen ast night is considered dangerous or violent then we might as well stop playing the game all together.

Once its not longer then a 3 game ban I wont mind.

But here you have a ball "boy", of 17 who was boasting on Twitter about delaying the game when and if a chance came about, 80mins in he gets his chance and hes now got 15 minutes of fame through it.

Hazard didnt kick the boy, he didnt raise his leg to kick him, he kicked the ball out with very minimumal force and nudged the boy who hammed it up.

what Hazard done was neither dangerous or violent, stupid red card yes but if the FA act on this and impose a more severe ban I'd be expecting Chelsea to fight it.

Course he shouldnt have but if what Hazard doen ast night is considered dangerous or violent then we might as well stop playing the game all together.

Once its not longer then a 3 game ban I wont mind.

But here you have a ball "boy", of 17 who was boasting on Twitter about delaying the game when and if a chance came about, 80mins in he gets his chance and hes now got 15 minutes of fame through it.

Hazard didnt kick the boy, he didnt raise his leg to kick him, he kicked the ball out with very minimumal force and nudged the boy who hammed it up.

what Hazard done was neither dangerous or violent, stupid red card yes but if the FA act on this and impose a more severe ban I'd be expecting Chelsea to fight it.

Allready said they wont as it was dealt with in the match. If that kind of kick was done in a maych a foul aand a card would be produced. Red maybe not. Don't forget this was not 2 players but a player and a ball boy he could have been injured

If you have not seen it how can you comment it was stupid and moronic? Gav did see it and I think his comment is quite fair.

He kicked out while a person was on the ball. I have seen it now and stand by what I said

Allready said they wont as it was dealt with in the match. If that kind of kick was done in a maych a foul aand a card would be produced. Red maybe not. Don't forget this was not 2 players but a player and a ball boy he could have been injured

Is that you Fergie?

Wrong there as well Martingriff doing well here

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2920/league-cup/2013/01/24/3697209/-?

Is that you Fergie?

That was uncalled for Sir. I have Hazard on my fantasy team so would have rather liked to not have him banned (exept this week where it does not matter)

I am a Liverpool fan by the way.

Wrong there as well Martingriff doing well here

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2920/league-cup/2013/01/24/3697209/-?

Ok sorry heard in the news in Newstalk this morning that they were not going to. My bad

That was uncalled for Sir. I have Hazard on my fantasy team so would have rather liked to not have him banned (exept this week where it does not matter)

I am a Liverpool fan by the way.

Swap him out for Mata/Cazorla/Podolski, problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

alex_ferguson.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement