Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anybody wanna have our own POTY award?

Have a look here.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/887D9LC

Just put down your top 3.

All for a bit of fun, nothing else.

Edit : Just done a sample, when answering, give your POTY a 3 vote, your 2nd choice 2 and your 3rd choice 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Just done it no brainer really

3 - Yossi
    2 - Marin
    1 - Nando

I already broke it, when doing my answers i went with

Mata
    Hazard
    Luiz

But it gave Luiz the 3, Hazard 2 Mata 1. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Mata 3
    Haz 2
    Lamps 1

Dan Levene of Fulham Chronicle reporting lamps has agreed 1 year extension which may be signed on pitch prior to Toffees game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Haz 3
    Mata 2
    Luiz 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

That would be a nice touch and couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Absolute legend and Blue through and through.
    Dan Levene of Fulham Chronicle reporting lamps has agreed 1 year extension which may be signed on pitch prior to Toffees game.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

1 Mata
    2 Luiz
    3 Hazard

Wonder will Rafa play the guys out of contract in the summer from the start agaisnt Everton?

Turnbull/Hilario
    Paolo F
    Yossi
    Malouda :eek:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Wonder will Rafa play the guys out of contract in the summer from the start agaisnt Everton?

Turnbull/Hilario
    Paolo F
    Yossi
    Malouda :eek:

If we lose and Arsenal win we are in the champions league qualifier in August I don't think he can afford to.

• Advertisement

If we lose and Arsenal win we are in the champions league qualifier in August I don't think he can afford to.

True but I can see some sort of sentiment happening in the Everton game, maybe Yossi and Paolo would play with cameos from one of either Turnbull or Hilario.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

True but I can see some sort of sentiment happening in the Everton game, maybe Yossi and Paolo would play with cameos from one of either Turnbull or Hilario.
    Funk that. Play the strongest team and win the game. I'm not sure if Rafa is interested in sentiment either.

Confirmed on Sky Sports: If we draw 0-0 and Arsenal beat Sunderland 2-1, there'll be a playoff for 3/4th place between us and them at a neutral venue.

"combination of a 0-0 draw for Chelsea and a 2-1 win for Arsenal putting them level on all three criteria, the same applying for a 1-1 Chelsea draw and a 3-2 Arsenal win, and so on."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8713976/Premier-League-Chelsea-and-Arsenal-may-have-to-play-off-for-third-place

I will be really surprised if Arsenal do not win at Newcastle, I would have thought everyone at the Bridge would think the same so we need to win. They can wave goodbye at the end of the game where I am sure their efforts will be appreciated.

looks like the whole Carlo / Jose thing getting complicated.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/champions-league/130515/real-madrid-refuse-pay-carlo-ancelotti-psg-release-clause-197625?

TBH the 3rd/4th should then go down to head to head instead of some playoff but either which way I cant see it happening, Arsenal have to win to make sure they finish at least 4th, once we match Arsenals result we're a banker for 3rd.

I will be really surprised if Arsenal do not win at Newcastle, I would have thought everyone at the Bridge would think the same so we need to win. They can wave goodbye at the end of the game where I am sure their efforts will be appreciated.

looks like the whole Carlo / Jose thing getting complicated.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/champions-league/130515/real-madrid-refuse-pay-carlo-ancelotti-psg-release-clause-197625?

If its true then it looks like Carlo will ahve to stump up the 3.4 Million himself, although I'm sure hes on at least double that a year with PSG.

Drop in the ocean, if hes stuck maybe Roman can give him a lend so it frees up Jose. :pac:

If its true then it looks like Carlo will ahve to stump up the 3.4 Million himself, although I'm sure hes on at least double that a year with PSG.

Drop in the ocean, if hes stuck maybe Roman can give him a lend so it frees up Jose. :pac:

Wouldn't be too surprised if some sort of deal worked out as Roman refusing to pay Jose buy out as he feels they were going to sack him anyway. Before Christmas there was very strong signals that PSG were going to sack Carlo so think RM knowing that Carlo more than a bit peeved about that won't pay PSG. So in the end no doubt a big compromise PSG get some money, RM some money and we get Jose.

All that really matters is we get Jose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

There's no guarantee we'll beat or draw with Everton though, it's going to be a really tough game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

solarith wrote: »
    There's no guarantee we'll beat or draw with Everton though, it's going to be a really tough game.

That said, they're immovable; they can't finish higher or lower than where they are right now. They won't lie down at all, but they've nothing riding on the game and they need no result. This also isn't like the last home game of the season send-off for Moyes for them; half their players will hopefully be already on the beach.

It won't be easy, but I'd be confident enough of Chelsea's players doing it on the day. Hopefully with the Europa League trophy to parade after the final whistle; like last season with the FA Cup.

Last time we lost to Everton at Stamford Bridge, November '94.

everton ahve got some good draws at the Bridge though since then, we beat them 3-1 last season.

• Advertisement

solarith wrote: »

Everton always give us a game regardless of how they are doing in the league. Will they be on the beach or will they want to give Moyles a send off, I hope they have Malaga, Dubai or wherever on their minds.

We were steeped at their place if we had lost 2 or 3 that day no one would have said it was not a fair reflection on the game. A lucky OG and a scrappy 1-0 win will do me. Tough for my fantasy team Haz, Mata & a Dave hat-trick's with a clean sheet would be most welcome.

I seen on Twitter that Fellaini would dye his hair silver if fans raised 25K for a charity.

Theyve made the 25k so expect a silver head on Fellaini Sunday. :)

http://balls.ie/football/fellaini-silver-hair/

Damn forgot to mention it will of course be a sticky game...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If it's 2-1 in the arsenal game and a 1-1 draw in ours, it'll be a play off. If it's 3-2 in the arsenal game then they'll get third as it's also down to goals scored

I seen on Twitter that Fellaini would dye his hair silver if fans raised 25K for a charity.

Theyve made the 25k so expect a silver head on Fellaini Sunday. :)

http://balls.ie/football/fellaini-silver-hair/

You just gotta love him don't you, bit of a character and has a mind of his own. Hope he does find his way to London (or little Belgium as we should call it for him)

You just gotta love him don't you, bit of a character and has a mind of his own. Hope he does find his way to London (or little Belgium as we should call it for him)

Luiz and Fellaini CM would br brilliant, no battles would be lost thats for sure.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    If it's 2-1 in the arsenal game and a 1-1 draw in ours, it'll be a play off. If it's 3-2 in the arsenal game then they'll get third as it's also down to goals scored

From my understanding Chelsea 0-0 and Arsenal 2-1 or derivative thereof gives a playoff i.e. 1-1 + 3-2, 2-2 + 4-3 and so on

Reports doing the rounds that WBA are after Kalas.

Reports doing the rounds that WBA are after Kalas.

Any chance we could try one or two of these players first?

From what I have seen of Kalas he looks good and even with the young South American lad coming in (for a week or two until we loan him out anyway) we could do with good right back / centre half cover.

We really need to work on our defence in the close season, Cahill is a bench option no more. JT is becoming a treatment table, sideshow may be more useful in midfield (though I still like him at centre half depending upon who we are playing). Ivan is a warrior but can be awful can be good. Ash has a season or two left given the strength of his game. I am not yet sold on Bert being a replacement and would need to see a bit of PvA.

Bruma is coming back but if was not good enough of Hamburg he certainly wont be good enough for us.

Get our players back from loan and by and large our midfield and strikers as is should be ok but as it stands our defense is way too weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

ok people

Thought I would post this .....

The last time Chelsea were in an ' un fashionable ' European Final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNI6gekZ09Y

and perhaps more poignant , when we faced Iberian opposition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4kxu9t2LUw

Enjoy ...

COME ON YOU BLUES !!

I remember Kalas playing in an under age tournament on Eurosport 2 years ago, he was immense, he was playing CB that day for the Czech team and he was very good.

Strong, quick, decent reading of the game, he should be given at least a preseason see what hes about, this buying young selling young isnt helping us at all, now I know its not like were losing huge money on these guys but still be good to see them get a shot anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i think the idea is that some of our loanees will play for chelsea in the end of season trip to the USA against man city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

I remember Kalas playing in an under age tournament on Eurosport 2 years ago, he was immense, he was playing CB that day for the Czech team and he was very good.

Strong, quick, decent reading of the game, he should be given at least a preseason see what hes about, this buying young selling young isnt helping us at all, now I know its not like were losing huge money on these guys but still be good to see them get a shot anyway.

It's his birthday today actually! :)

peteeeed wrote: »
    i think the idea is that some of our loanees will play for chelsea in the end of season trip to the USA against man city

Well hopefully that will see DeBruyne, Lukaku, Kalas, Josh Mac, Chalobah all getting some game time.

Cant see Courtois coming back but one thing I was thinking about was Jose is better pressed then most to comment on him having played Atletico this season, any chance he'd shaft Cech and bring in Courtois as number 1?

Remember he did it when he came and replaced Cudicni with Cech.

Well hopefully that will see DeBruyne, Lukaku, Kalas, Josh Mac, Chalobah all getting some game time.

Cant see Courtois coming back but one thing I was thinking about was Jose is better pressed then most to comment on him having played Atletico this season, any chance he'd shaft Cech and bring in Courtois as number 1?

Remember he did it when he came and replaced Cudicni with Cech.

I doubt he would,I'd say he has a close bond with him like Lampard cole etc and I think Cech can be our number one for another couple of years at least.

Although was Cech a Raneiri signing?

Yup Cech was a Ranieri signing, fee agreed half way through his last season.

TBH I can imagine he has a good bond with Cech but the bigger picture is Courtois could be our number 1 for another 15 years while Cech probably has about 5 years before time starts to catch up on him, unless he plays until hes 40 then he has nearly a decade left and Courtois has double that. :eek:

Few tickets going over according to the ChelseaTicket on Twitter and the very closely named ChelseaTickets.

New home jersey is in shops now, buddy just sent me a pic of one in what looks to be Lifestyle Sports, looking for 67 quid.

Wont be paying 67 for it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

New home jersey is in shops now, buddy just sent me a pic of one in what looks to be Lifestyle Sports, looking for 67 quid.

Wont be paying 67 for it anyway.

Just copying soneone else sportsdirect have it for 45 plus 4 or 5 shipping if buying nothing else.
    You can even get the long sleeves if you like.

I like the goalie jersey this year but kilkenny colours :(

I'll be going down the SportsDirect route alright, mainly becasue I want the long sleeve one, always buy long sleeve home jersies when I can.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Anybody wanna have our own POTY award?

Have a look here.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/887D9LC

From the Benitez era (the time I've started particularly watching Chelsea)

3. Moses
    2. Ramires
    1. Mata

• Advertisement

3.Ramires

2.Hazard

1.Mata

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

1. Mata
    2. Luiz
    3. Torn between Hazard and Superfrank

honourable mention to Oscar, Azpi and Ramires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Davidth88 wrote: »
    ok people

Thought I would post this .....

The last time Chelsea were in an ' un fashionable ' European Final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNI6gekZ09Y

and perhaps more poignant , when we faced Iberian opposition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4kxu9t2LUw

Enjoy ...

COME ON YOU BLUES !!

Just spent the last while looking at Zola videos, he is the reason I'm a Chelsea fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I was only about 8 but I remember that cup run! we played Tromso in the snow and got beat! I think that was the same year anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Just spent the last while looking at Zola videos, he is the reason I'm a Chelsea fan.

It was the dummy from Babayaro that sold Murphy at the end ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Congrats Chelsea. You really should have a bit of respect for Rafa now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Come on champions of Europe again

Wohoooooo what a feeling!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Congrats lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Wow. Ivanovich's English is ****e. :D

This discussion has been closed.