Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So, are Chelsea the only club to have been holders of both European Cups at the same time?

Since it can only be done when won in this order, as the Europa League final is always before the Champions League final...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Its official now.....Rafa is a legend.

#RafaIn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So seriously, what do Chelsea fans think now that the season is pretty much over?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Garzorico wrote: »
    Its official now.....Rafa is a legend.

#RafaIn

Its makes one laugh all the jeers he got from many of the Chelsea fans when he took the job. A man of dignity. Well done Rafa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Terry full-kitting again. Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yesssssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

geeky wrote: »
    Terry full-kitting again. Jesus.

He has to be, even blackman the goalie was in full kit going up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Joekers

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    He has to be, even blackman the goalie was in full kit going up.

Hazard wasn't because he has class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Best part of that game was Lampards effort in the second half. Near perfection from the man.

Congrats on the win lads. Took your chances when they fell to ye.

Mention for Cahill's block at the very end. Quality tackling didn't switch off after the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

All I have to say is Super Blues! :D

Did Cahill catch his bits in the corner flag celebrating? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

loving it , yet another trophy for lampard and terry to lift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Torres is currently a World Cup winner, European Championship winner, Champions League winner and Europa League winner.

Not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Jamie Dalton ‏@JamieDalton82

Mourinho vs Guardiola in the Super Cup then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

So seriously, what do Chelsea fans think now that the season is pretty much over?

I think what I've thought from the start - Rafa is an excellent manager who has made the best of a really bad situation. I'd love to see what he could do if supported by the club and the majority of fans.

At least now he can walk away with his head up, and hopefully the fans will give him the respect he deserves at the weekend.

I felt bad for Benfica at the end. Really hope they win the league(slim chance I know).

In all seriousness, it must be years now since we've had a corner that Branislav Ivanovic hasn't scored from :D

It felt like a minute at least when it left his head to hit the net. :D

Johner wrote: »

It was a cracking goal though, not just the finish, but the work he did tracking the ball and then getting up without committing a foul, he deserves a lot of credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Johner wrote: »

If it wasn't gonna be lamps then I couldn't have hoped for a more fitting man to score,
    He always, ALWAYS gives it his all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

cfc-1000767.jpg?width=180&height=180&quality=95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

It's ended on a high and everyone's happy. Chelsea have another trophy and back in the top 4. Rafa's boosted his CV and increased his chances of getting another top job.

431838_647251338624719_1864201365_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Normal service resumed - Another trophy for the cabinet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

rafa has done the job he was brought in to do.

he might be an utter twat for saying some the things he said, but well done on doing what was needed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

what exactly did john terry do tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Jose will be under pressure now - last two managers win a European trophy for the club, despite being "interim" appointments.

wadacrack wrote: »

Lifted the trophy. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

wadacrack wrote: »

Lifted the europa league trophy as captain of CFC!!!!

Captain, leader, legend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Thanks guys, I needed that Torres first scorer and Chelsea win double :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

CHELSEA LEGENDS!
    First team to hold the Europa Cup + Champs league at the same time
    True Champions of Europe
    History in the making !!!!

8741861237_347f8fa13c_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

My Gooooooooooooood lads ....

that ball from Ivanovic took bloody forever to go in !!!!!

:D

I love that man .... remember his winner v Napoli ....

Legend.

edit - btw f*cking Spanish TV cut right after the final whistle, im looking for youtube clips of the trophy lift and celebrations ...

anyone find any others kindly post here ! :D

thanks

People can slag Terry and say what they want about him. He scored vital goals against Napoli and Steua in the Champions and Europa League and he is the captain of this club. Don't give a **** if he wears the full kit out to a nightclub, he's a Chelsea legend, loves the club and deserves to lift every trophy we win.

3228703620_3831308094_z.jpg?zz=1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

What a day and night ! Epic to see it all in person ! Although that first half performance was watched through my hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I'm off to work still half drunk from celebrating!

The pub I watch the odd game in is far from a chelsea bar I'm usually the only Chelsea fan there, but to my surprise there was a Chelsea fan in there from London last night, singing carefree all night, what a night :p

There'll be more paint on the floor / me than the walls today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

GREAT RESULT ... reckon half of my street heard me scream when that header went in .

Question ..... why oh why does JT have to get changed to lift the cup , it didn't half look silly ( IMO , and I am a dyed in the wool Chelsea fan ).

Anyway , great night , and Lamps is staying too...... roll on next season , lets hope we win on Sunday and there is no playoff for 3rd spot which we need now to make sure we get a decent pre-season run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

John Terry was ruled out of a final through injury and wants to celebrate with his team mates, he wears his kit, so what ?

Rooney didn't get any stick last week for wearing his kit for the PL trophy celebration and he actually refused to play in the actual game.

Anyway congrats CFC another hectic but successful season, already looking forward to next season.

Davidth88 wrote: »
    GREAT RESULT ... reckon half of my street heard me scream when that header went in .

Question ..... why oh why does JT have to get changed to lift the cup , it didn't half look silly ( IMO , and I am a dyed in the wool Chelsea fan ).

Its a uefa rule, everyone who gets a medal is supposed to be in full kit all the squad players did it except hazard who actually should have been in his kit , not sure how BA got a medal though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

peteeeed wrote: »
    Its a uefa rule, everyone who gets a medal is supposed to be in full kit all the squad players did it except hazard who actually should have been in his kit , not sure how BA got a medal though

Really ...... didn't know that

It's a damn shame that the greatest captain in Chelsea's history has not played in two European finals where we won ....

As you say Ba was in a suit.

Wasn't the TV coverage last night pants ....... nearly missed the goal and endless shots of the crowd .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Excellent night again in Europe, people can bring up second tier trophy all they want and I think its unfair that teams from the UCL can get a 2nd bite of the cherry but its a great acheivement to win back to back European trophies, to go all the way and win some tricky games against good teams with a limited squad of maybe 16-18 shows that the decision to hire Rafa is fully vindicated.

I really hope he gets the send off he deserves for keeping the squad fresh and challenging for a top 4 finish, winning 1 final and getting goals from Torres this season.

Another thing, that Torres goal was good enough to win any final on its own, strength, pace, composure and he was lethal when he needed to be, done a great job against 2 imposing CB's.

Branna, delighted after his heartache last year and that interveiw by Shreeves in the Camp Nou, he maybe a limited player but he gives unlimited amounts to the club when he plays.

JT and the players in kits like Mikel, Romeu, Blackman, it was there choice, I wouldnt read into it really, JT was unlucky not to be playing and after the heart break in Moscow I'd cut him some slack for celebrating, Hazard showed some class by going up in the sui, same with Ba, whos got a medal as a passenger. :pac:

Another good end to a season has seen another trophy come back to the Bridge, we know how to get things done in finals and the younger guys, Mata, Luiz, Azp, Ramires this will stand to them when the likes of Cole, Lamps, JT, Cech all retire or leave, this winning finals mentality is vital and has dragged us over the lines in finals past, last night was another example.

Benfica were very good and had they won they would have deserved, the re-shuffle of Gaitan was a costly mistake, they lost a genuine threat when they pushed him to LB but they're an impressive side and better then the one we beat over 2 legs last year.

Its another great day to be a blues fan, other clubs can jest and poke fun all they want but our recent record in European cups is very good and a lot of clubs would have loved to be in our position last night winning another European title.

We're one of only 4 clubs to win all of the European trophies, think Bayern, Juventus and Porto are the other 3, Chelsea making history yet again.

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

The club has 40 medals to give out so after the registered squad get theirs then the rest can be divided up between staff and what not, I assume thats why they gave one to Ba, hes contributed this season, although not in Europe but in helping us get to a top 4 finish.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Excellent night again in Europe, people can bring up second tier trophy all they want and I think its unfair that teams from the UCL can get a 2nd bite of the cherry but its a great acheivement to win back to back European trophies, to go all the way and win some tricky games against good teams with a limited squad of maybe 16-18 shows that the decision to hire Rafa is fully vindicated.

I really hope he gets the send off he deserves for keeping the squad fresh and challenging for a top 4 finish, winning 1 final and getting goals from Torres this season.

Another thing, that Torres goal was good enough to win any final on its own, strength, pace, composure and he was lethal when he needed to be, done a great job against 2 imposing CB's.

Branna, delighted after his heartache last year and that interveiw by Shreeves in the Camp Nou, he maybe a limited player but he gives unlimited amounts to the club when he plays.

JT and the players in kits like Mikel, Romeu, Blackman, it was there choice, I wouldnt read into it really, JT was unlucky not to be playing and after the heart break in Moscow I'd cut him some slack for celebrating, Hazard showed some class by going up in the sui, same with Ba, whos got a medal as a passenger. :pac:

Another good end to a season has seen another trophy come back to the Bridge, we know how to get things done in finals and the younger guys, Mata, Luiz, Azp, Ramires this will stand to them when the likes of Cole, Lamps, JT, Cech all retire or leave, this winning finals mentality is vital and has dragged us over the lines in finals past, last night was another example.

Benfica were very good and had they won they would have deserved, the re-shuffle of Gaitan was a costly mistake, they lost a genuine threat when they pushed him to LB but they're an impressive side and better then the one we beat over 2 legs last year.

Its another great day to be a blues fan, other clubs can jest and poke fun all they want but our recent record in European cups is very good and a lot of clubs would have loved to be in our position last night winning another European title.

We're one of only 4 clubs to win all of the European trophies, think Bayern, Juventus and Porto are the other 3, Chelsea making history yet again.
    well said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fair play to ye last night.

Some record in Finals over past 10 years or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,995 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

All this talk of Chelsea signing a big name striker seems madness to me. You have a new striker in the summer, a young lad you signed last summer by the name of Romelu Lukaku. He already looks the real deal to me and I will be very surprised if he is not starting for Chelsea next season.

Fair play to ye last night.

Some record in Finals over past 10 years or so.

Ya we have a way of getting it done, 2nd European final in a row when the other team has out played us but we dug in, and managed to get the job done.

I suppose its the sign of a well organised team that kept concentration and got soem luck along the way, how many times did the bal break in the box and apart from it bouncing the wrong way Benfica could have had 2 or 3 clear cut openings.

I actually thought Cardozo at the end was going to score, Ivanovic shouldnt have let it bounce but between the 3 of them they just about managed to see the ball out.

eagle eye wrote: »
    All this talk of Chelsea signing a big name striker seems madness to me. You have a new striker in the summer, a young lad you signed last summer by the name of Romelu Lukaku. He already looks the real deal to me and I will be very surprised if he is not starting for Chelsea next season.

Yup I'd agree with that, sure we've already paid big money for him 2 years ago.

I'd give him his shot and have Torres and Ba as back up, if we sign Schurrle he can operate all along the top so he'd provide a good option if we can work something out.

Some Torres stats this season.

Hes our top scorer. (22)
    Hes had our most on shots on target. (75)
    3rd most folued player, this season, after Hazard and Ramires.
    3rd best dribbling success rate after Hazard and Mata.
    Himself and Mata currently hold the World Cup, Euroepan Cup, UCL and EL.

Love him or loathe him, hes come up trumps in the EL and hes scored some important goals for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Actually thought that was a foul missed by the spectator behind the goal and ref the nudge on Ivans back was enough to unbalance him but who cares now a win is a win. I have no idea how we got to 60 minutes without conceding man they were all over us but that said Lamps at that stage had come closest to scoring.

Nice goal by Torres shut Alan Sugar up on twitter as well who before the game made some very uncomplimentary remarks about Nando, then got very righteous when this was pointed out to him in no uncertain fashion. Was funny as well Piers Morgan congratulates us on winning the trophy nobody wants to win, pretty rich coming from an Arsenal supporter. He got that between the eyes from Chelsea supporters as well. Too smug by half both of them.

I know he played really bad on Saturday but was a little surprised Moses was not brought on, his record in the Thursday cup is actually not bad and Benfica were gone really after about 75 minutes. Had the match gone to extra time there is no doubt in my mind penos would not have been needed. I think his pace would have opened them up but in the end who cares about that as well.

Actually thought that was a foul missed by the spectator behind the goal and ref the nudge on Ivans back was enough to unbalance him but who cares now a win is a win. I have no idea how we got to 60 minutes without conceding man they were all over us but that said Lamps at that stage had come closest to scoring.

Nice goal by Torres shut Alan Sugar up on twitter as well who before the game made some very uncomplimentary remarks about Nando, then got very righteous when this was pointed out to him in no uncertain fashion. Was funny as well Piers Morgan congratulates us on winning the trophy nobody wants to win, pretty rich coming from an Arsenal supporter. He got that between the eyes from Chelsea supporters as well. Too smug by half both of them.

I know he played really bad on Saturday but was a little surprised Moses was not brought on, his record in the Thursday cup is actually not bad and Benfica were gone really after about 75 minutes. Had the match gone to extra time there is no doubt in my mind penos would not have been needed. I think his pace would have opened them up but in the end who cares about that as well.

Seen that by Sugar before the game was gonna to have a rant but hes an eejit so left it off, was delighted when Morgan and Sugar both looked like idiots after 90 minutes, Morgan is an absolute waste of space, even his ramblings about RVP are getting old at this stage, nobody likes him.

Agreed about Moses I thougt he'd whip Oscar, he was looking very leggy out there but he was defending very well and helping Cole out.

I thought Dave had a good game, although he did give away the peno he made some good tackles and covered around very well.

Another season down and he'll be immense for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Yup I'd agree with that, sure we've already paid big money for him 2 years ago.

I'd give him his shot and have Torres and Ba as back up, if we sign Schurrle he can operate all along the top so he'd provide a good option if we can work something out.

Don't think the forward line is our major problem at all, wouldn't even buy Schurrle as we have KdB. We need to sort our defence out big time we are weak there.

Really don't understand the push for a centre forward, Nando is going nowhere quick unless some mad Russian team throws even more buckets of money at him. Along with Ba and Lukaku we should be well enough covered, we can pop someone from the U21 side up for the Carling cup up front on the bench if we want but 3 and maybe Moses as cover should do.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement