Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Seen that by Sugar before the game was gonna to have a rant but hes an eejit so left it off, was delighted when Morgan and Sugar both looked like idiots after 90 minutes, Morgan is an absolute waste of space, even his ramblings about RVP are getting old at this stage, nobody likes him.

Agreed about Moses I thougt he'd whip Oscar, he was looking very leggy out there but he was defending very well and helping Cole out.

I thought Dave had a good game, although he did give away the peno he made some good tackles and covered around very well.

Another season down and he'll be immense for us.

Must admit would have danced on Ram if he were near me, was ok from a defence point of view but how many times did he go offside and I really thought the ref let him away with murder really. Of course then he wins teh corner that the goal comes from ironic really.

Yea I like Dave looks very handy, though I hope he stops shooting from mad distances he looks as useful in front of goal as Albert or Fer did. For all of his attributes he will never be another Dan the man I think but he looks a solid defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Don't think the forward line is our major problem at all, wouldn't even buy Schurrle as we have KdB. We need to sort our defence out big time we are weak there.

Really don't understand the push for a centre forward, Nando is going nowhere quick unless some mad Russian team throws even more buckets of money at him. Along with Ba and Lukaku we should be well enough covered, we can pop someone from the U21 side up for the Carling cup up front on the bench if we want but 3 and maybe Moses as cover should do.

Agreed, if we keep Lukaku, Ba and Torres we should be well served, we'll see how Lukaku does on pre-season, he'll be hungry to prove himself and I hope he gets the chance.

Speaking of Lukaku theres more paper/Twitter talk this mornign that he'll be off to Swansea for a loan next season. Jesus I hope it isnt true, just trust one of these highly talented youngsters ffs.

If it is true we'll no doubt be in for a CF thsi summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Great win last nite - delighted - Its great to have some silverware after a season with so many games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

Speaking of Lukaku theres more paper/Twitter talk this mornign that he'll be off to Swansea for a loan next season. Jesus I hope it isnt true, just trust one of these highly talented youngsters ffs.

If it is true we'll no doubt be in for a CF thsi summer.

thats crazy.. he should be given a run in the first team and if it is Jose as manager come start of 13/14 season I think he will be given that chance

Yup the players can enjoy their summer holidays and actually having a few weeks off now, 60+ games for some of them is a tough ask.

The players and staff flew straight back last night.

podge79 wrote: »
    thats crazy.. he should be given a run in the first team and if it is Jose as manager come start of 13/14 season I think he will be given that chance

He is Drogbaesque so I coudl see Jose using him to devasting effect, he is more mobile then Drogba though so that could easily help him in the EPL and in Europe.

Yup the players can enjoy their summer holidays and actually having a few weeks off now, 60+ games for some of them is a tough ask.

The players and staff flew straight back last night.

You would have thought so wouldn't you but the Spanish, Brazilian and Nigerian lads have the waste of space that is the Confederations Cup in Brazil for the last two weeks of June.

You would have thought so wouldn't you but the Spanish, Brazilian and Nigerian lads have the waste of space that is the Confederations Cup in Brazil for the last two weeks of June.

I'd be very surprised if Mata and Oscar are invovled after they played in the Olympics last summer.

Luiz & Ramires may play some part in it, the Brazilian cash cow is rolling into town sure.

Moses & Mikel should represent Nigeria and Torres might go but I'd say he'll pick a laregly spanish based squad, I expect Azp to go alright though, no chance of Romeu making it.

• Advertisement

I'd be very surprised if Mata and Oscar are invovled after they played in the Olympics last summer.

Luiz & Ramires may play some part in it, the Brazilian cash cow is rolling into town sure.

Moses & Mikel should represent Nigeria and Torres might go but I'd say he'll pick a laregly spanish based squad, I expect Azp to go alright though, no chance of Romeu making it.

You are applying logic there Gav but we are talking about FIFA, they have gone on record many times about the profile of this pretty much pointless competition. I fear there will be very strong squads named also if you were the Spanish or Brazilian manager you would relish the prospect of having your lads all together for 4 weeks or so a year before the World Cup finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

luiz and oscar are in the confederations cup squad, crazy for oscar a full 365 day season . rameries did not make it

What was the point in bringing Oscar?

Why not bring Couthino to play in the number 10 role, hes played a lot less football in the last 12 months and wont be as burnt out.

Scoalri, ya big eejit ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

?ui=2&ik=de302f99cb&view=att&th=13eacc28cd9dafd5&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=f_hgrrgkn00&zw

Didn't check to see if anyone else posted this, but for the day that's in it.

we're in some impressive company here.

KTBFFH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Read an article on a Spanish site there that said Courtois has said that he was contacted by Jose recently to discuss his future at Chelsea. Think they were quoting La Marca so could be on there. Thought you's might be interested.

Thorgan Hazard called up to the senior Belgium squad

• Advertisement

also on de Bruyne
    this fella seems to always be in the know on all things belgium
    John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot 14 May
    De Bruyne watch: I don't believe #cfc would be stupid enough to sell Kevin De Bruyne. I don't see it happening.

Good to see Thorgan called up.

Hazardous for the rest of the EPL.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

What was the point in bringing Oscar?

Why not bring Couthino to play in the number 10 role, hes played a lot less football in the last 12 months and wont be as burnt out.

Scoalri, ya big eejit ya.

Ah no, leave Couthinho out and give him a nice rest for the summer at Oscars expense ;)

It's tough on any player though that was involved in the Olympics last summer and Confederations cup this summer.
    Many of these will have the WC next summer, 3 years without a proper break is a heck of a lot to be asking any player, whatever club or country he's involved with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Read an article on a Spanish site there that said Courtois has said that he was contacted by Jose recently to discuss his future at Chelsea. Think they were quoting La Marca so could be on there. Thought you's might be interested.

Marca is up there with the daily mail and the sun for its level of accuracy

• Advertisement

Excellent news on Super Frank's contract.

Sunday will be a party atmosphere, Frankies contract, EL presented to the crowd and Rafas send off.

Hasnt been a bad few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It'll never end. He'll be arriving late into the box on a mobility scooter until the end of time.

That_Guy wrote: »
    It'll never end. He'll be arriving late into the box on a mobility scooter until the end of time.

Only 34, years left in him, if Giggs is anything to go by. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

SUPER FRANK! Should have happened sooner.

Johner wrote: »
    SUPER FRANK! Should have happened sooner.

True, they've really let it go down to the last minute.

You could see in his interview last night it was a done thing.

If his shot had flew in I think I'd be still celebrating now, was some effort from Frank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yup I'd agree with that, sure we've already paid big money for him 2 years ago.

I'd give him his shot and have Torres and Ba as back up, if we sign Schurrle he can operate all along the top so he'd provide a good option if we can work something out.

I don't think Lukaku is ready to be first choice yet. He's still only 20 which is very young. I think he'd struggle with 40+ game season with 35+ starts. The last thing Chelsea need to do is run this guy into the ground from age 20 so he's burnt out in 6-7 years time. Not to mention the huge pressure on his shoulders if he is first choice. Next year will be a year Chelsea will expect a title challenge. If it's going wrong and Lukaku is struggling the fans will be on his back. City have Tevez, Augero, Dzeko and probably sign one more. United have RVP, Rooney, Chico. I think Lukaku, Torress and Ba is well below what United and city have and would be a big risk to go into the season with jut those three strikers.

I don't think Lukaku is ready to be first choice yet. He's still only 20 which is very young. I think he'd struggle with 40+ game season with 35+ starts. The last thing Chelsea need to do is run this guy into the ground from age 20 so he's burnt out in 6-7 years time. Not to mention the huge pressure on his shoulders if he is first choice. Next year will be a year Chelsea will expect a title challenge. If it's going wrong and Lukaku is struggling the fans will be on his back. City have Tevez, Augero, Dzeko and probably sign one more. United have RVP, Rooney, Chico. I think Lukaku, Torress and Ba is well below what United and city have and would be a big risk to go into the season with jut those three strikers.

If it means outting Ba I've no problem bringing in another striker really.

Lukaku wants to play more games and wants to play them for Chelsea, next year we wont have as many games as we did this year but we'll still be fighting for at least 5 trophies so we could do with the squad depth and keeping Lukaku around.

Actually, anybody looking for ANY chelsea merchandise on Prodirectsoocer.com you can get 20% off everything for the next 48 hours.

Voucher code is CHELSEA20.

Seen it on their Twitter page a few minutes ago.

Long sleeved new home jersey, delivered for stg43.94

Actually, anybody looking for ANY chelsea merchandise on Prodirectsoocer.com you can get 20% off everything for the next 48 hours.

Voucher code is CHELSEA20.

Seen it on their Twitter page a few minutes ago.

Long sleeved new home jersey, delivered for stg43.94

Too late i ordered the new goalie jersey this morning from sports direct

• Advertisement

I would have thought he would not get much more than 15 - 20 starts as a maximum assuming a few good cup runs (which as it is Chelsea is nearly a given). If a 20 year old is not capable of that the coaching staff need replacing.

It is a matter of the right players being available at the right price and at the moment we need a better defence I think we have plenty of attacking options between Oscar, Mata, Haz (and maybe Haz 2), Moses, KdB, Lamps, Ba, Lukaku & Nando. We possibly need a further midfield player but Ba's record is excellent hitting the ground running in a new team mid season is difficult but but he has done more than enough to convince me he will be really good. Nando wont be going anywhere I think just too expensive so we have to have faith he will become consistent once again. Lukaku is young but if your good enough your old enough and I think he is.

besides if it is not working we can sack the manager and buy a few ST£30 or ST£40 or ST£50m players in January 2014 :P

peteeeed wrote: »
    Too late i ordered the new goalie jersey this morning from sports direct

You need to buy a scrum cap too now for full effect. :pac:

You need to buy a scrum cap too now for full effect. :pac:

done

should have been our new away shirt

New-Chelsea-Goalkeeper-Jersey-13-14.jpg

Ya I think as a 3rd choice it would have been nice, I like the greenish keeper jerseys inthe last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

The green keeper top was the best ... love that one ..

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

Great 24 hours to be a Chelsea fan. Heart in the mouth stuff for Benfica's final attack last night.

All we need now if for Jose to confirm he's back. This season is not over yet and I'm already looking forward to next.

Yup its going to be a long summer and hopefully a good one.

New manager hopefully confirmed around the 1st/2nd June ;)

Fixture lists come out the 19th June.

Booking flights for whatever is the first home game of the season as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Be interesting to see what we do with players like Marin, De Bruyne and Lukaku this Summer.

One thing I'll clap Rafa for is the interview after the Southampton game when he said he wouldnt be here next year and the fans were wasting their time booing him and making signs.

It deflected away a lot of negativity from the stands as we knew he wasnt going to be here and IMO, it allowed the players to get on with their job of winning games.

Had he not come out and said it and tried to save face it woudl have gotten even worse, now there's still chants and a few banners but not as bad as it once was.

• Advertisement

Legion. wrote: »
    Be interesting to see what we do with players like Marin, De Bruyne and Lukaku this Summer.

Marin will probably go on loan and run down his contract.
    Lukaku will probably be repalced by some 60 million striker.
    DeBruyne will probably be sent on loan never to be seen again.

We've a crazy amount of talent on loan, but will any of them make it with us?

I hope they at least get a shot.

I suppose it's the same for any club, but the small vocal minority of idiots make the rest of us look bad. If anyone on Sunday boo's Rafa then it really will show that some people in the stands don't have the most basic understanding of football.

Saw some footage yesterdy of some 'fans' rioting in Amsterdam. Again, the minority spoiling it for everyone else. Scumbags.

Detour wrote: »
    I suppose it's the same for any club, but the small vocal minority of idiots make the rest of us look bad. If anyone on Sunday boo's Rafa then it really will show that some people in the stands don't have the most basic understanding of football.

Saw some footage yesterdy of some 'fans' rioting in Amsterdam. Again, the minority spoiling it for everyone else. Scumbags.

Hope he gets the apprecation he deserves, its been good for everyone, his profile has gone up and we're finishing top 4 with another European trophy.

Oh ya, seen it on FB and peolpe were wandering why or how could I support Chelsea.

Ya.....coz Chelsea fans and the minority at that, are the only fans to cause trouble away at a game. :pac:

Been to Amsterdam a few times with work, was there once when Ajax were at home the atmosphere in the city centre you could cut with a knife. The Ajax fans are a long way from angels and of course we have a bit of a reputation.

As for booing our interim on Sunday no point he did what he had to do, he is talking up his achievement which he should do in order to get a post for next year. At the end of the day the way RDM and the general Chelsea fan has been treated is in the past and is a function of the board upwards, the season is over so lets move on.

Been to Amsterdam a few times with work, was there once when Ajax were at home the atmosphere in the city centre you could cut with a knife. The Ajax fans are a long way from angels and of course we have a bit of a reputation.

I think the trouble was with the Benfica fans.

A couple of dozen Chelsea fans ran into a lesser amount of Benfica fans and troubled kicked off.

Nothign major really but still something that you'll have to look long and hard for a British publiciations or broadcasters report on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I was there and "Rioting was far from what it was ,

Load of Benfica fans were around to the back of the Grasshopper Pub in another pub ,

Something was thrown, cant say by who first as I didn't witness it as I had my back to the canal at the front of the building

A Few bottles were thrown either direction , police rode in swiftly on horse back cracked a few heads and was all done and dusted within 2 minutes !

What I seen over in Poland at the Euros was rioting with running battles ensuing for best part of an hour each time it kicked off , strangely enough mainly between the Croatian fans them selfs !

This is mainly what it was over Amsterdam crack and banter

• Advertisement

Pistol, try some up the moment Ivans header landed in the net?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Yup its going to be a long summer and hopefully a good one.

New manager hopefully confirmed around the 1st/2nd June ;)

Fixture lists come out the 19th June.

Booking flights for whatever is the first home game of the season as well.

No real point in booking flights until the Sky/Espn schedules are released.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Pistol, try some up the moment Ivans header landed in the net?

Il throw up a few vids later on , my phone was the last thing on my mind when he floated that beauty in ,

The train journey to the stadium was excellent , got the wrong train/metro and ended up coming in with a the Benfica fans bar 20/30 Chelsea strong down the back of the train

I was there and "Rioting was far from what it was ,

Load of Benfica fans were around to the back of the Grasshopper Pub in another pub ,

Something was thrown, cant say by who first as I didn't witness it as I had my back to the canal at the front of the building

A Few bottles were thrown either direction , police rode in swiftly on horse back cracked a few heads and was all done and dusted within 2 minutes !

Glad it wasnt bad, but the clip I saw showed bottles being thrown, and at least one dude getting beaten up. Maybe rioting isn't the word, but whatever it was is disgusting.

Gav makes a good point that this will be overlooked by the british media. Hopefully with video, youtube, etc, the cops will be able to identify these thugs.

Techless wrote: »
    No real point in booking flights until the Sky/Espn schedules are released.

If the opening game is down for a Saturday 17th and its against someone like Stoke at home I'd be surprised is Sky/Espn moved it to a TV game.

That said, depending on the fixture I'll book the earliest flight in and latest out.

If it is Jose that comes back then I'd assume one of the major TV companies will want that game, same goes for Moyes at Utd and whoever takes over at City.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement