Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Didnt get a chance to pop in last night so just wanna offer my congrats, well done on the win

Hope ye give the manager a little bit of credit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Goal of the year for Oscar

Young player of the year for Ake

Players POTY and Fan's POTY for SuperJuan

3 guesses who got the special award ;)

Legion. wrote: »
    Goal of the year for Oscar

Young player of the year for Ake

Players POTY and Fan's POTY for SuperJuan

3 guesses who got the special award ;)

Mickey droy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I would have given Luiz goal of the season, the goal against Fulham was right out of the top drawer.

So we're in for Luke Shaw according to the paper.

I was wondering who the kid was who went up with the team, fairplay to him for getting invovled but how nobody stopped him before he got up to the trophy with the players is beyond me.

Some story to tell for a few years. :pac:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22555151

from the daily mail
    West Ham plan surprise summer move for Chelsea hotshot Lukaku... and AC Milan's Ambrosini could be set to follow him

West Ham have asked Chelsea if they can take Romelu Lukaku on loan next season.
    In an ambitious move, they have also asked if their London neighbours would consider a permanent deal for the striker, who would fetch around £20m on the open market.
    Swansea have also posted their interest in Lukaku and, alerted to his continuing availability, West Ham have asked to be kept informed of developments.

Powerful: Romelu Lukaku would be an impressive signing for West Ham if made available
    Chelsea have responded by saying nothing will been decided about Lukaku until a new manager is appointed.
    The Belgian striker, 20, has been a revelation this season at West Brom, where he has scored 14 goals this season.
    Ironically, he had two quiet games against West Ham, but manager Sam Allardyce has been impressed enough to show interest.

Move in doubt: Despite Andy Carroll's impressive form, there's no guarantee his move will be made permanent
    With Carlton Cole out of contract in the summer and Andy Carroll’s arrival from Liverpool still some way from the finishing line, Lukaku would be an attractive alternative, even on a year-long loan.
    Liverpool have been asking for £17m for Carroll but West Ham will not pay that, even though he has been a success since arriving from Anfield.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...s-Chelsea.html

Balague on Twitter saying Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool & Ateltcio Madrid looking at David Villa for about 12 million euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If that's true I would put my money on him staying in Spain with Atletico

kryogen wrote: »
    If that's true I would put my money on him staying in Spain with Atletico

If ya wanna believe Balague, and I dont, he says Villa would rather move to the EPL.

I'd be without you on this one though, if he can stay in Spain and not disrupt his family I'd say he'll stay in spain if an offer comes in for him.

All depends on what Ateltico do with regards Falcao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I was wondering who the kid was who went up with the team, fairplay to him for getting invovled but how nobody stopped him before he got up to the trophy with the players is beyond me.

Some story to tell for a few years. :pac:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22555151

article-2325930-19D30630000005DC-572_634x396.jpg

article-2325930-19D23769000005DC-221_634x527.jpg

article-2325930-19D2376D000005DC-109_634x453.jpg

Scousers,they'd sneak in anywhere:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

zerks wrote: »

Scousers,they'd sneak in anywhere:pac:

He's got closer to a trophy than any of our first team :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

So I'm off to London this evening for the match on Sunday. It'll be my first time at the bridge so well excited.Unfortunately my friend had to back out at last minute so i'm going on my own.
    I don't mind this at all but was hoping you guy's could suggest a bar or two i might go to before for a bit of craic.
    I plan to be down there for around 1 o'clock to get something to eat and a few pints.

Thanks.

Fellainis look for Sunday.

:pac:

article-2325690-19D1CDDB000005DC-676_634x535.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Last time I was over I was with a mate who's a utd fan and we just dropped into a few of the bars in the village. Good atmosphere and craic and pretty friendly all round. Cant remember names unfortunately.
    weiland79 wrote: »
    So I'm off to London this evening for the match on Sunday. It'll be my first time at the bridge so well excited.Unfortunately my friend had to back out at last minute so i'm going on my own.
    I don't mind this at all but was hoping you guy's could suggest a bar or two i might go to before for a bit of craic.
    I plan to be down there for around 1 o'clock to get something to eat and a few pints.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Thanks.

Brogans opposite the tube station entrance not a bad place to go.

Sideshow should go one better and dye his gold for the day :)
    Fellainis look for Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Thanks.

If you are getting the tube to Fulham Broadway there is a Lloyds upstairs in the shopping centre, decent food and cheap beer. It will fill up fairly quicky though and you need to show your ticket to get in. If you head outside though there are loads of pubs this is just the closest one when you get off the tube and I like the food. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ronaldo 6/4 to join Chelsea. :pac: Think some lad started a rumour on Twitter. We can dream!

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Ronaldo 6/4 to join Chelsea. :pac: Think some lad started a rumour on Twitter. We can dream!

The internet would melt down if it ever happened. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Thanks.

Going in the morning myself but unfortunately I'll have the little man with me so I can't meet you for a few pints:(

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Going in the morning myself but unfortunately I'll have the little man with me so I can't meet you for a few pints:(

Get him an orange and a bag of crisps & he'll be sorted. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Would love if the Chelsea fans chanted for Rafa in his final game. He's done us a massive service and improved us greatly.

I don't want him permanently - there is only One, but it would be great if we could show some appreciation (though this is unlikely).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Pat Nevin (i think) was saying on five live wednesday that this season will be Terry last at the club.

Hes a pundit i have a bit of time for, has anyone else heard this?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Pat Nevin (i think) was saying on five live wednesday that this season will be Terry last at the club.

Hes a pundit i have a bit of time for, has anyone else heard this?

His contract is up next season and I cant see the club U-turning like it did with Lamps.

Next year we will potentially lose Cole, Lamps, JT, all contracts will be up, that would truly be the end of an era.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Get him an orange and a bag of crisps & he'll be sorted. :pac:

Fantastic idea until junior let's slip to his protective mother who incidently is not in favor of this trip that Dad went on the lash whilst he sat in the corner playing with a match program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

His contract is up next season and I cant see the club U-turning like it did with Lamps.

Next year we will potentially lose Cole, Lamps, JT, all contracts will be up, that would truly be the end of an era.

I agree it's unlikely that JT would move on; OTOH it is a chance for him to get one last golden handshake payday at the end of his career if he were to move to somewhere like Fenerbahce.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Fantastic idea until junior let's slip to his protective mother who incidently is not in favor of this trip that Dad went on the lash whilst he sat in the corner playing with a match program.

Ya, in my experience with my nephew, bribery doesnt work too well either with kids.

You can offer and deliver to him whatever ya want but as soon as he's home he'll rat ya out fairly lively.

:pac:

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I agree it's unlikely that JT would move on; OTOH it is a chance for him to get one last golden handshake payday at the end of his career if he were to move to somewhere like Fenerbahce.

Of all the players to go JT would be the one I wouldnt care too much about, yes hes our captain and hes popped up with huge displays and goals but at his age, his injuries and his baggage I think its time he went off into the sunset.

I think hes too young to just pack it in and he'll probably play another 2 or 3 years but I wouldnt be surprised if he did pack it in and went about coaching/managing.

He did only recently finish work on a 10 million pound home so the desire to pack up and go abroad for a few seasons could be lost on JT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This season seemed a bit odd to me as well, was wondering if id missed something

• Advertisement

From Courtois on the eve of the Spanish Cup final :

When quizzed about Mourinho and Chelsea, Courtois told EFE: "I have not spoken with Jose Mourinho about my future."

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

One more competitive game till Rafa goes! Was never part of the anti-Rafa brigade but will be glad to see the back of him, although I suppose he's got it right in the end up.

Also, before anyone decides to come in saying 'oh u ungrateful' whatever, you can't deny that over the season we have had some pretty shocking result. Losing 1-0 at home to QPR, Southampton managing to take 4 points off us, stuff like that. Not good enough for our club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

What's up with Fellaini's hair?
    Also, before anyone decides to come in saying 'oh u ungrateful' whatever, you can't deny that over the season we have had some pretty shocking result. Losing 1-0 at home to QPR, Southampton managing to take 4 points off us, stuff like that. Not good enough for our club.

three results. Out of 25-30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

One more competitive game till Rafa goes! Was never part of the anti-Rafa brigade but will be glad to see the back of him, although I suppose he's got it right in the end up.

And that's all the manager's fault is it ? The unrest caused by the fans had no part to play at all? He has done brilliantly considering the hostile environment he was dropped into. Perhaps he deserved some of it based on what he said in the past, but still, its a pretty fine achievement, especially considering how well Spurs and Arsenal have finished the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

BREAKING: #cfc and #afc will play at Villa Park on May 26 if they finish dead level in the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

greendom wrote: »
    And that's all the manager's fault is it ? The unrest caused by the fans had no part to play at all? He has done BRILLIANTLY considering the hostile environment he was dropped into. Perhaps he deserved some of it based on what he said in the past, but still, its a pretty fine achievement, especially considering how well Spurs and Arsenal have finished the season.

wow... is this what weve come too? brilliantly is securing a champions league place with ONE game left!!!! and a euoropa league? .... come on. brilliantly would of been would of taking second place from a poor man city and winning maybe the fa cup as well. hes done average with a largely talented squad with some of the best players in the world at his diisposal.

fozz10 wrote: »
    wow... is this what weve come too? brilliantly is securing a champions league place with ONE game left!!!! and a euoropa league? .... come on. brilliantly would of been would of taking second place from a poor man city and winning maybe the fa cup as well. hes done average with a largely talented squad with some of the best players in the world at his diisposal.

I think this is part of the reason why Chelsea go through so many managers. You never appreciate what they've done for you until they're gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

liverpool fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Do chelsea fans not remember when they were ****.

BREAKING: #cfc and #afc will play at Villa Park on May 26 if they finish dead level in the Premier League.

Aaawwww, I was hoping it would have been White Hart Lane, a playoff for 3rd at the Lane involving Chelsea & Arsenal would have been brilliant. :pac:

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Do chelsea fans not remember when they were ****.

Oh god yes, but those days are long gone and I was only a young fella back in the early 90's, the older fans can remember darker days decades ago though.

Oh god yes, but those days are long gone and I was only a young fella back in the early 90's, the older fans can remember darker days decades ago though.

A club like chelsea should be delighted to win any trophy especially a European one. I think maybe utd are the only club that could look down down on winning the Europa league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

The Europa League is harder to win than the FA Cup, League Cup!

Delighted with it

We've been winning them since the 70's - do you not remember?
    A club like chelsea should be delighted to win any trophy especially a European one. I think maybe utd are the only club that could look down down on winning the Europa league.

bullpost wrote: »
    We've been winning them since the 70's - do you not remember?

No

liverpool fan?

Thankfully not ;)

And theres me thinking history was important to you - oh well nevermind :)
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

The Europa League is harder to win than the FA Cup, League Cup!

Delighted with it

Completed the Grand Slam, more than happy with that !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Aaawwww, I was hoping it would have been White Hart Lane, a playoff for 3rd at the Lane involving Chelsea & Arsenal would have been brilliant. :pac:

Trolling???

• Advertisement

Ground not big enough ;) seriously though it should be in London (not that I'm counting any chickens of course)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement