Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

niallo27 wrote: »
    A club like chelsea should be delighted to win any trophy especially a European one. I think maybe utd are the only club that could look down down on winning the Europa league.

you are of course, having a giraffe....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

niallo27 wrote: »
    A club like chelsea should be delighted to win any trophy especially a European one. I think maybe utd are the only club that could look down down on winning the Europa league.

Spouting pure and utter ****e,no they couldn't sure they were in it last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

weiland79 wrote: »
    So I'm off to London this evening for the match on Sunday. It'll be my first time at the bridge so well excited.Unfortunately my friend had to back out at last minute so i'm going on my own.
    I don't mind this at all but was hoping you guy's could suggest a bar or two i might go to before for a bit of craic.
    I plan to be down there for around 1 o'clock to get something to eat and a few pints.

Thanks.
    Went to a few games on me own , like someone else mentioned Brogans is decent but can tend to get packed , be aware boozers close to the ground such as Brogans the doormen will ask to see your match tickets this is ordinary proceedure.

Id sometimes go to the White Horse at parsons green (1 stop away from fulham broadway on tube) eating area upstairs few bevies, sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Went to a few games on me own , like someone else mentioned Brogans is decent but can tend to get packed , be aware boozers close to the ground such as Brogans the doormen will ask to see your match tickets this is ordinary proceedure.

Id sometimes go to the White Horse at parsons green (1 stop away from fulham broadway on tube) eating area upstairs few bevies, sorted!

Second Parsons Green, they have a BBQ some days, great spot before the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Trolling???

Nope, keep the game in London, cant have it at The Bridge or The Emirates or Wembley so the next biggest London ground, think WHL is just bigger then Upton Park.

No point travelling all the way up to the Midlands for fans for a potential playoff game between two London clubs, pointless.

• Advertisement

When are we going to take Courtois back?

Good performance again from him last night against Real.

Atlei can f**k off if they want him in any swap deal for Falcao.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Legion. wrote: »
    One more competitive game till Rafa goes! Was never part of the anti-Rafa brigade but will be glad to see the back of him, although I suppose he's got it right in the end up.

Also, before anyone decides to come in saying 'oh u ungrateful' whatever, you can't deny that over the season we have had some pretty shocking result. Losing 1-0 at home to QPR, Southampton managing to take 4 points off us, stuff like that. Not good enough for our club.

balance that with your two wins over utd, hes done a good job. Every team has a couple of bad results over a season Utd lost at norwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GavRedKing wrote: »
    When are we going to take Courtois back?

Good performance again from him last night against Real.

Atlei can f**k off if they want him in any swap deal for Falcao.

Get him in the team now! I love Cech but Courtois is ready! Already nearly the best around at 21!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Jose has a love in with Cech so I can't see him dropping him for Courtois. Look how much a passed it Essien played for Real Madrid this season.

And whats with the Falcao talk? Isn't it well known hes off to Monaco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Rafa dropped another hint about Jose, saying his successor has ''previous experience'' of Stamford Bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Whether they're first team regulars or part of a rotation, the best of the loanees - Lukaku, KdB, Courtois etc - need to come back to the Bridge for the start of next season. José is meant to be keeping on eye on the likes of Cavani, Rooney and Varane, but we shouldn't be leaving ourselves open to the whims of the transfer market, where more often than not your transfer target doesn't materialize.

We have the makings of an exciting, strong squad for the future. Get them back and in blue shirts, FFS.

Johner wrote: »
    Get him in the team now! I love Cech but Courtois is ready! Already nearly the best around at 21!
    Jose has a love in with Cech so I can't see him dropping him for Courtois. Look how much a passed it Essien played for Real Madrid this season.

And whats with the Falcao talk? Isn't it well known hes off to Monaco.

I gotta agree with Johner, you'll struggle to find a Chelsea fan that doesnt like big Petr but Courtois is like what Cech was before he signed, if not a better G.K.

Time to give him a chance or we'll lose him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I gotta agree with Johner, you'll struggle to find a Chelsea fan that doesnt like big Petr but Courtois is like what Cech was before he signed, if not a better G.K.

Time to give him a chance or we'll lose him.

I'm not speaking from my point of view, I'm thinking what Jose's point of view will be.

I can't say much as I don't watch A. Madrid much. He looks good from what I've seen and the reports are very good. Cech is only 30 which is young for a goalkeeper and I'd doubt Jose will uproot him from his position just like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Johner wrote: »
    Make no mistake. CFC are ruthless enough to put Courtois into competition with Cech. Even if that means precipitating Cech's departure sooner rather than later.

Chelsea have accumulated so much talent over the years at considerable cost. They'll offload at the right price if it suits them. Or if FFP needs to be complied with. We could find ourselves minus quite a few old and upcoming names by the end of next season.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Whether they're first team regulars or part of a rotation, the best of the loanees - Lukaku, KdB, Courtois etc - need to come back to the Bridge for the start of next season. José is meant to be keeping on eye on the likes of Cavani, Rooney and Varane, but we shouldn't be leaving ourselves open to the whims of the transfer market, where more often than not your transfer target doesn't materialize.

We have the makings of an exciting, strong squad for the future. Get them back and in blue shirts, FFS.
    I don't get this Rooney thing. Unless its playing with Moyes' mind (hardly an issue for MU as I reckon they're ready to offload him anyway). We hardly need him for midfield, do we?

There are far better options to spending money on another declining force. One of them includes *not* spending money when you have decent talent on loan. In this case Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Team: Cech; Iva, Cah, D Luiz, Cole; Ake, Lamps (c); Torres, Mata, Osc; Ba. - subs: Turn, Azpili, Fer, Christensen, Marin, Benay, Moses.#CFC

Torres and Ba start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Lukaku going to be a monster for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Well when all is said and done hats off to Rafa, won a Europa league, got us 3rd in the league and an FA cup Semi final. He frustrated me at times with his strange tactics & subs but he got the job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Good end to the season, cant wait for next year.

• Advertisement

Montroseee wrote: »
    Lukaku going to be a monster for you.

One goal every two games for WBA this season? Damn right a monster!!! Sign him up CFC!

Lukaku with 17 would be our top scorer in the league.

Ba & Lampard with 15 each.

Good end to the season, cant wait for next year.

What with Mourinho nailed on? Absolutely!
    http://www.marca.com/2013/05/19/en/football/real_madrid/1368945895.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Ba cheating as like 13 of his goals were for Newcastle, in all fairness... :P

He was beyond useless today. Absolutely atrocious. Torres showed desire, hunger and passion. Shades of old coming back.

Bottom line, Chelsea's season ended on a high; a trophy and Champions League football secured for next season. Can't say fairer than that. Thanks to Rafa for steadying the ship when it was listing. Fair play to the players who put in some shift this season; 69 games or something?!

But most thanks and plaudits from fans of Chelsea (and football in general) should be reserved for Juan "The Master" Mata. He has not had a break in football since the end of the 2010/11 season; he played all through Chelsea's 11/12 season, played in the Olympics and the Euro 2012 and more or less all through 12/13 too. One of the best players Chelsea have signed and one of the best players in the world at the moment. And seems to be a genuinely nice guy too. Scored some vitally crucial goals for Chelsea and has squillions of assists too. Worth his weight in gold for this club.

Only the third player to get a hat trick against UTD in premier league era. If Chelsea don't keep him at the bridge for next season it will be criminal. This chant gave a chuckle too...

Romelu Lukaku hes bigger than a fridge! Romelu Lukaku, he comes from Stamford Bridge!

Ba isnt good enough. he came in and helped us this season bit id rather keep Torres and Lukaku for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just see on Sky Sports... they're ALREADY advertising next season's Premier League!!! Jesus, the corpse from this year isn't even lukewarm yet, and next season is already getting pumped?!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Sky sports special on frank just starting now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Can't complain too much about this season, at the beginning we all knew it would be a transition year and aimed for 3rd so I'm happy enough. If today teaches us anything though, Lukaku has to be playing at the bridge next year!
    DazMarz wrote: »
    Just see on Sky Sports... they're ALREADY advertising next season's Premier League!!! Jesus, the corpse from this year isn't even lukewarm yet, and next season is already getting pumped?!?!?

Presumably as a response to BT's recent efforts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I just signed up for next seasons True Blue membership so they are not the only ones.

this makes me sad :(

'I want to stay in Atletico. I'd rather play in La Liga than be a substitute in the Premier League. There's a World Cup and I want to go. Here I will be able to play in the Champions League and there's no better place to play than here. At Atletico I have progressed a lot.' - Thibaut COURTOIS

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8721859/Chelsea-goalkeeper-Thibaut-Courtois-wants-to-stay-on-loan-at-Atletico-Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Well, he won the fans over before he left...
    Rafa_2567131k.jpg

Er, then again...
    Jose_2567120k.jpg

1-1 Wigan v Spurs.

C'mon you Latics.
    this makes me sad :(

'I want to stay in Atletico. I'd rather play in La Liga than be a substitute in the Premier League. There's a World Cup and I want to go. Here I will be able to play in the Champions League and there's no better place to play than here. At Atletico I have progressed a lot.' - Thibaut COURTOIS

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8721859/Chelsea-goalkeeper-Thibaut-Courtois-wants-to-stay-on-loan-at-Atletico-Madrid

makes perfect sense , unless he's number 1 we dont need him at chelsea, at 21 he needs to play games not warm the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

So relieved to avoid that 3rd place playoff , Actually glad to see Arsenal 4th, Spurs are more dangerous next season if they had been in the CL.

So it all ended pretty good ! , didn't see the match , what was the reception like for Benitez ? I hope it was good, I feel pretty rotten about the abuse I gave him :o

Anyway, hope he doesn't go to Liverpool ... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Just back in the hotel after the match, fantastic if long day I also think raffa left us in good shape and deserves our respect for completing a job in extremely difficult circumstances. All I want to add is after the final whistle and the players were doing there lap of the pitch the one player to fall to the back and give the fans his full attention and appreciation was David luiz even taking a baby out of the crowd just in front of me. Diamond geezer, future captain, legend!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Fellaini is going to sign for you this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Phoenix wrote: »
    How so?

Chelsea will pay Everton money for him and he will sign a contract.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Scored some vitally crucial goals for Chelsea and has squillions of assists too. Worth his weight in gold for this club.

Something like 12 goals and 36 assists:eek:

• Advertisement

Happy birthday to big Petr, 31 today.

Now, bring back Courtois and start him next year same with Lukaku who'll want to stay on loan if we dont give him game time.

From the daily mail

Real to seal Mourinho's Madrid exit in
    urgent meeting as moves are made to bring in Ancelotti (who confirms plans to leave)

Jose Mourinho's fate as Real Madrid coach will be sealed at a directors meeting scheduled for Monday evening.
    Real have already made their move to make Carlo Ancelotti their next boss after the Italian asked to quit French champions PSG on Sunday.
    Mourinho brought the club into disrepute yet again on Friday night when he was sent off along with Cristiano Ronaldo in the 2-1 defeat against Atletico Madrid in the Copa Del Rey final at the Bernabeu.

On his way: Jose Mourinho is likely to leave Real Madrid and return to Chelsea
    Mourinho signed a new contract at Real last summer, just days after they won La Liga, but his fractious relationship with senior board members and players will cost him his job.
    Real president Florentino Perez wants compensation for Mourinho from Chelsea in order to use the cash to release Ancelotti from his contract at the Parc des Princes.
    According to reports in France, Ancelotti said at Sunday evening's Ligue 1 awards evening: 'I had a meeting with the president and Leonardo. I asked - because I have a contract - to leave the club. We have to wait for the club's response, they will decide.'

Managerial merry-go-round: Rafa Benitez is to leave Chelsea, while Carlo Ancelotti could join Real Madrid
    That response seemed already to have been made clear, though, when Al Khelaifi told beinsport.fr: 'Yes, we had discussions, he asked to depart for Real Madrid.
    'I said it is not possible because he has a contract for one year more, so that is our decision.
    'It is his problem, it is not our problem. We have offered him another year more on his contract as well as the one he has.
    'When you have a contract, everyone is normally obliged to honour that.'
    Speculation continues to Mourinho with a return to his former club Chelsea and Ancelotti continued: 'Real is a possibility but I have a year left on my contract. It is the club who will decide.

Illustrious: Ancelotti could join Real after spells at Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea and PSG
    'We have to decide together. My decision is to leave the club. It is not easy because I have had a very good relationship with everyone.
    'It is not the time to explain the reason why I wish to leave the club, and perhaps I will never explain it.'
    Ancelotti has just led PSG to their first league title in 19 years, as well as a Champions League quarter-final.
    Leonardo insists no plans have been made to replace him, telling L'Equipe: 'The priority is still that he stays. We have not contacted any other coaches.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2327254/Real-Madrid-set-decide-Jose-Mourinhos-fate--want-Carlo-Ancelotti-Paris-Saint-Germain.html

Chelsea reportedly earned £13,591,116 from finishing 3rd this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Happy birthday to big Petr, 31 today.

Now, bring back Courtois and start him next year same with Lukaku who'll want to stay on loan if we dont give him game time.

Don't think that's very fair on a Chelsea legend who is at the peak of his career.

He easily has another 4 or 5 years at the top. Think a lot of people are jumping on the Courtois bandwagon but let's not forget Chelsea wouldn't have won the champions league without Cech who was immense against Barcelona and Bayern, saving a Robben penalty in extra time that surely would have won it Bayern.

He's been solid as a rock the last few seasons and is one of the best keepers in the world.

I don't want Courtois to move on but if we have to choose between him and Cech I'll pick Cech everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

good season overall... only complaint would be again stability... god only knows what Chelsea could do if there was some stability and continuity... but more highs than lows this season....

with another high point coming on the horizon............

Yossi leaving

Praise the lord.. AMEN! :D

Don't think that's very fair on a Chelsea legend who is at the peak of his career.

He easily has another 4 or 5 years at the top. Think a lot of people are jumping on the Courtois bandwagon but let's not forget Chelsea wouldn't have won the champions league without Cech who was immense against Barcelona and Bayern, saving a Robben penalty in extra time that surely would have won it Bayern.

He's been solid as a rock the last few seasons and is one of the best keepers in the world.

I don't want Courtois to move on but if we have to choose between him and Cech I'll pick Cech everytime.

Its not really a bandwagon though, hes been the best keeper in Spain this year, maybe only Willy Carballero could claim to be up there with him, and last year he was exceptional for Atlei as well.

The guy has immense talent and hes years ahead of any young keeper around, he will be a better keeper then Cech, eventually and the prospect of losing him would be stupid by the club.

I agree Cech is a legend, his heroics for us have won us countless games throughout the years, will Jose stick with Cech? Probably, he likes a good strong commanding keeper and in both Cech and Courtois he'd have that in abundance, I think Courtois has a better distribution then Cech, which at times can be erratic.

I'd actually rather if Courtois went to England on loan for a year but that wont happen, why would he give up UCL football with Atlei to play for a mid table EPL team? So we're back to square one, keep Cech and bench him or leave Courtois out on loan all the time falling in love with Atlei?

podge79 wrote: »
    good season overall... only complaint would be again stability... god only knows what Chelsea could do if there was some stability and continuity... but more highs than lows this season....

with another high point coming on the horizon............

Yossi leaving

Praise the lord.. AMEN! :D

and Malouda. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

and Malouda. :cool:

used to be such a good player and then he just lost interest

podge79 wrote: »
    used to be such a good player and then he just lost interest

Was he our top scorer one seasson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Pretty sure he was, possibly the season after you guys won the title last?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement