Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

G.K. wrote: »
    Pretty sure he was, possibly the season after you guys won the title last?

Yup 13 league goals in 2010-11, ahead of Drogba and Anelka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Yup 13 league goals in 2010-11, ahead of Drogba and Anelka.

and in 11/12 he got.... 2

So Malouda in his last year at the club and training with the reserves earned a nice tidy some of 2,080,000 million.

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

dfx- wrote: »
    Something like 12 goals and 36 assists:eek:

20 goals and 35 assists in all comps. What a player he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I think Malouda was a good servant to us and unfairly treated tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

justshane wrote: »

the term 'hot and cold' was made for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

justshane wrote: »

As peeted said, hot and very cold.

Was so unpredictable it wasnt funny.

He had a chance to move last year for less then money then we were paying him and he decided to see out his contract, he wasnt needed and basically just came in, trained and went home, doing the bare minimum to meet his contractual obligiations.

He didnt want to be here and he wasnt wanted, he then when getting offered less money decided to see out one last year with us, while I can totally understand it and why he wouldnt want to move, he deserves little to no sympathy IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just realised that another record that Chelsea held was not broken this season (not that this is going to take the lustre off United's title of anything); the Premier League record for biggest gap between 1st and 2nd at the end of the season is 12 points and is held by Chelsea. United could easily have broken that this year (they were 18 points clear of City at one point), but finished the season 11 points clear.

Chelsea: breaking records and keeping them intact since 1905... :o

• Advertisement

As peeted said, hot and very cold.

Was so unpredictable it wasnt funny.

He had a chance to move last year for less then money then we were paying him and he decided to see out his contract, he wasnt needed and basically just came in, trained and went home, doing the bare minimum to meet his contractual obligiations.

He didnt want to be here and he wasnt wanted, he then when getting offered less money decided to see out one last year with us, while I can totally understand it and why he wouldnt want to move, he deserves little to no sympathy IMO.

his partner is from brazil so he was engineering a move there but that fell through

We've no history though dont ya know?

I was streaming the Everton game from a Fox stream and I think Cascarino was the co-commentator, basically said Torres has the EL, UCL, World Cup, Eruopean Cup and theres not many out there that have ever had that haul.......even though Mata was still on at this stage. :pac:

peteeeed wrote: »
    his partner is from brazil so he was engineering a move there but that fell through

Oh ya I remember the reports, I mean if he wanted to play football he would have been gone but it was about the money and trying earn the most he can before he retires, I get that but the attitude is wrong IMO.

Oh ya I remember the reports, I mean if he wanted to play football he would have been gone but it was about the money and trying earn the most he can before he retires, I get that but the attitude is wrong IMO.

big time

Reported that Benitez met Napoli officials this morning before we fly out for an end of season mini tour in America.

upcoming games in america free to air on chelsea tv

The action never stops for Chelsea as at the end of the season we will be travelling to America for a double-header against Manchester City, and Chelsea TV will be bringing you LIVE coverage of both games FREE TO VIEW!

• Chelsea v Manchester City - Thursday 23 May, Busch Stadium, St Louis, kick-off 7.30pm (BST 24 May 1.30am)

• Chelsea v Manchester City - Saturday 25 May, Yankee Stadium, New York, kick-off 5.30pm (BST 25 May 10.30pm)

Simple tune in to Sky Channel 421 on the dates above to watch the games live on your TV, or register your details in advance online and login on the day to watch the games live on your PC.
    *Please note that due to rights restrictions this content will only be available to view for fans in the UK and Ireland.
    Outside of the UK and Ireland?
    Then don't worry as we've got you covered! Chelsea TV will be bringing you daily updates and videos straight from America. We'll be with the players from the second they step on to the plane with exclusive access like no other sports channel! We will make sure you don't miss out on any of the goals or action with extended match highlights of both games.

• Advertisement

Squad to travel.

Petr Cech
    Hilario
    Jamal Blackman
    Paulo Ferreira
    Cesar Azpilicueta
    Branislav Ivanovic
    Ashley Cole
    Gary Cahill
    David Luiz
    Andreas Christensen
    John Mikel Obi
    Nathan Ake
    Ramires
    Frank Lampard
    Ruben Loftus-Cheek
    Eden Hazard
    Juan Mata
    Yossi Benayoun
    Marko Marin
    Victor Moses
    Oscar
    Fernando Torres
    Demba Ba

Highlighted the young Danish defender, by all accounts a good player, no Turnbull either or JT, Hazard travels but shouldnt play any part but I assume its to fulfill some PR for the club.

Load of bo**cks if you ask me playing 2 tour games on the back of a 69 game competitive season and some of the squad will play the Confederations cup.

Edit : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2067159/Chelsea-beat-Manchester-City-Andreas-Christensen.html

Forgot the old Mail article from a few seasons ago. ^

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Squad to travel.

Petr Cech
    Hilario
    Jamal Blackman
    Paulo Ferreira
    Cesar Azpilicueta
    Branislav Ivanovic
    Ashley Cole
    Gary Cahill
    David Luiz
    Andreas Christensen
    John Mikel Obi
    Nathan Ake
    Ramires
    Frank Lampard
    Ruben Loftus-Cheek
    Eden Hazard
    Juan Mata
    Yossi Benayoun
    Marko Marin
    Victor Moses
    Oscar
    Fernando Torres
    Demba Ba

Highlighted the young Danish defender, by all accounts a good player, no Turnbull either or JT, Hazard travels but shouldnt play any part but I assume its to fulfill some PR for the club.

Load of bo**cks if you ask me playing 2 tour games on the back of a 69 game competitive season and some of the squad will play the Confederations cup.

Edit : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2067159/Chelsea-beat-Manchester-City-Andreas-Christensen.html

Forgot the old Mail article from a few seasons ago. ^

Saw him playing in some of the youth games, looks very good, elegant ball playing defender who's very comfortable bringing the ball out of defence. Would think he has a bright future imo.

Having said that, I used to think that Kakuta was going to be the next big thing when seeing him playing for the youths...........

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Johner wrote: »
    20 goals and 35 assists in all comps. What a player he is.

:eek:

Remarkable, clear POTY there..

dfx- wrote: »
    :eek:

Remarkable, clear POTY there..

I shudder to think where we'd be without the little magician.

He's had 2 fantastic years so far with us, hopefully he can get better next year and Hazard keeps improving adds more goals and assists and Oscar improves his overall game, that trinity is our way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Real Madrid have announced a press conference for (UK time) 7pm. The press conference has been announced by club president Florentino Perez.

There is a good chance that it will be announced tonight that Mourinho is leaving Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Hopefully Mourinho agrees and concentrates on defence and attack . I wouldnt think Oscar would be a natural fit for Mourinhos teams.
    I shudder to think where we'd be without the little magician.

He's had 2 fantastic years so far with us, hopefully he can get better next year and Hazard keeps improving adds more goals and assists and Oscar improves his overall game, that trinity is our way forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

And that he's bringing Ronaldo with him. :pac: Ah jaysus might as well have Varane too. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hope Oscar doesn't get squeezed out next year I've a ridiculous soft spot for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It seems like Mourinho has fallen out with basically all his players at Real so it would surprise me if he brought any of them with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gbear wrote: »
    It seems like Mourinho has fallen out with basically all his players at Real so it would surprise me if he brought any of them with him.

Caveat Emptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

As expected, confirmed that Jose leaves Madrid at the end of the season.

What was important was ' by mutual consent ' so there should be no compensation fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

As expected, confirmed that Jose leaves Madrid at the end of the season.

If Daddy's not coming home, this will be the biggest P/Tease of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

The future's bright!

The future's Josh Turnbull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Lukker- wrote: »
    Hope Oscar doesn't get squeezed out next year I've a ridiculous soft spot for him.
    I doubt it. Oscar is a keeper. If any of the Brazilians is likely to be shipped out, it's Ramires. Maybe not this season, but if he doesn't sharpen up and fit into plans, a year hence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Hopefully June 02nd the nightmare that has been the last few months will be over yay, yay and thrice yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

RM not demanding compensation for Mou is a good thing. My guess is that a cordial transfer to Chelsea will be followed by Mourinho bringing a couple of players back. Alonso and Essien have been mentioned. Ronaldo is probably a sensational but expensive bridge too far.

It's very good news indeed. Jose can enjoy a bit of a break and start on 1 July and implement a plan to win the premiership and make an assault on the upper reaches of the UCL - the two trophies we have to concentrate on from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Please.God.Not.Jose(and all the baggage he brings).

Rafa In.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I just hope PSG don't go and mess it all up now

Garzorico wrote: »
    Please.God.Not.Jose(and all the baggage he brings).

Rafa In.

Hope my sarcasm detector just burned out there...

LONG LIVE THE SPECIAL ONE!!! COME HOME TO THE BRIDGE!!!

No one is bigger than the club....I get the impression that people think TSO and indeed TSO himself thinks he is bigger than the club and that we'll never have success again unless he is managing us. He never got us to a ECL final like Grant and RDM; after a few months in charge in each case. Who was it who knocked us out? Rafa's woeful Liverpool side.
    I was as devastated as the next fan when he walked out last time. I'm looking for something constant, a clam influence to lead us into the future nice n steady n reliable, not a wham bam thank you ma'am in n out after 2/3 seasons of mayhem. Maybe Jose could be that person, but his form/history says otherwise.

He didn't walk out of Chelsea in 2007. He was sacked. Whopping big difference there.

When he left Chelsea, he went to Inter, where he had almost limitless success. While at Inter, problems erupted with the media, and Real Madrid came a-knocking at the same time. No manager (with maybe one or two extreme exceptions) would turn down the chance to manage Real Madrid. Not surprising he left Inter.

I think, given the chance and if there's no interference from above, he will stay at Chelsea for a much longer haul this time.

Even when he left Porto, it was the carrot that was dangled in front of him that made him move. Every time he has left a club, it has been either due to being poached or sacked (even this time, this "mutual consent" is a bit more mutual on the part of Real Madrid's board, IMO).

He has never been given an opportunity at a club where he hasn't been poached by a bigger/better club or where he hasn't been forced out.

Given a chance at longevity, he will take it. And where else but Chelsea will he get that. Of all the clubs he's managed, the one club where the national media, the fans and (most of) the players loved him was Chelsea. At all the other clubs, there was some level of discontent.

Chelsea is where he belongs. And hopefully mistakes are learned from and he will be there for a long time.

TSO ABÚ!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Bild saying we've offered Mario Gomez a contract.

Meh.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Bild saying we've offered Mario Gomez a contract.

Meh.

He'd be 28 before he'd kick a ball for Chelsea, if true. Cracking striker, but I could see him really wilting and mis-firing at Chelsea. For my money, he is one of the best natural poachers of goals in the game. His touch and his finishing is sublime. But he is not the kind of striker that Chelsea need. Chelsea need another Drogba-esque striker. And Chelsea have such a striker waiting in the wings (Lukaku, for anyone who doesn't know).

Mario Gómez is one of my favourite footballers and some of his moves and touches on the run up to burying the ball into the opponent's net are sublime, but he is not a fit for Chelsea.

He can play 90 minutes, be in possession of the ball for only 20 seconds and have 2 or 3 goals notched up. And while impressive and class, Chelsea's system is not conducive to having a player like that. Chelsea need a striker who is also a grafter, who will dig deep and run and fight. Gómez won't do that. Lukaku would do that, and he should be Chelsea's first choice next season. No question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Something is telling me that Lukaku wont be first choice next season

Something is telling me that Lukaku wont be first choice next season

Oh, he won't be. He should be, but he won't be. The club will loan him out again and there'll be a marquee signing striker with Torres and Ba being options from the bench.

IMO, Ba should be off-loaded. He's simply not good enough at all. Torres is handy back up. Lukaku should be up there in the pecking order, and maybe one signing of a striker.

But that won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You'd be mental not to play Lukaku. He got 17 goals (I think) for West Brom, imagine what he'd get with the likes of Mata around him.

DazMarz wrote: »
    He didn't walk out of Chelsea in 2007. He was sacked. Whopping big difference there.

When he left Chelsea, he went to Inter, where he had almost limitless success. While at Inter, problems erupted with the media, and Real Madrid came a-knocking at the same time. No manager (with maybe one or two extreme exceptions) would turn down the chance to manage Real Madrid. Not surprising he left Inter.

I think, given the chance and if there's no interference from above, he will stay at Chelsea for a much longer haul this time.

Even when he left Porto, it was the carrot that was dangled in front of him that made him move. Every time he has left a club, it has been either due to being poached or sacked (even this time, this "mutual consent" is a bit more mutual on the part of Real Madrid's board, IMO).

He has never been given an opportunity at a club where he hasn't been poached by a bigger/better club or where he hasn't been forced out.

Given a chance at longevity, he will take it. And where else but Chelsea will he get that. Of all the clubs he's managed, the one club where the national media, the fans and (most of) the players loved him was Chelsea. At all the other clubs, there was some level of discontent.

Chelsea is where he belongs. And hopefully mistakes are learned from and he will be there for a long time.

TSO ABÚ!!! :D

So why was he sacked by Chelsea/Real when he was doing such an amazing job? He is the common denominator. Risky. He'll be measured against his previous success at the club. He brings a circus with him and the 'you need me' mentality. I'm not convinced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Friction between Jose and Roman had been bubbling for some time with jose's vocal disapproval of sheva being a particular bone for contention, if I remember correctly there had been clear the air talks between the two shortly before the eventual poor start to the final season gave Roman the itchy finger. Fact is if you want a top manager you have to let him pick the team and Roman was increasingly asserting his team on Jose , Jose also wasn't one to shy away and accept that either often making comments to the media to stir the pot. Also as I believe great managers like fergie are as big if not bigger than the club but always operates in the clubs best interest because he always sees himself as an integral part of it and I think that given the choice and some more control Jose would choose chelsea above any of his previous teams to call home.

So why was he sacked by Chelsea/Real when he was doing such an amazing job? He is the common denominator. Risky. He'll be measured against his previous success at the club. He brings a circus with him and the 'you need me' mentality. I'm not convinced.

Are you not convinced by Jose or what the "circus" he brings?

Right now he is possibily the greatest manager still in the game. :confused:

• Advertisement

i think at the time , peter kenyon was heavily involved in the falling out , hopefully that lesson has been learnt

Jose in. :pac:

Could be an excellent summer already and the season is just over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

DazMarz wrote: »
    Oh, he won't be. He should be, but he won't be. The club will loan him out again and there'll be a marquee signing striker with Torres and Ba being options from the bench.

IMO, Ba should be off-loaded. He's simply not good enough at all. Torres is handy back up. Lukaku should be up there in the pecking order, and maybe one signing of a striker.

But that won't happen.

I'll give Ba the benefit of doubt... give him a full season to prove what he can do .. I dont think that signing a striker is a priority (unless an existing striker is sold off/loaned out) - its a few rungs down the ladder as far as I'm concerned... priority signing is a quality strong central defender followed by a defensive/holding/central midfielder

podge79 wrote: »
    I'll give Ba the benefit of doubt... give him a full season to prove what he can do .. I dont think that signing a striker is a priority (unless an existing striker is sold off/loaned out) - its a few rungs down the ladder as far as I'm concerned... priority signing is a quality strong central defender followed by a defensive/holding/central midfielder

Well off all the CF's to leave I'd be more inclined to turf out Ba then Torres or Lukaku.

I'd say we'll spend big money on a CF anyway and loan Lukaku out again which might save Ba.

It all depends on what Jose wants I just hope if it is him, that hes given the chance to bring in his own player.

The best thing about Real and Jose parting company is no compensation will be given to Jose and Real will want nothign for him.

Win / Win.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement