Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/05/21/where-the-money-went-premier-league-prize-and-tv-payments-for-2012-13-210501/

Spurs and Arsenal got more money then us through being on T.V. more, despite both finishing below us.

It'll all change next year when everyone wants to tune in for Jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

DazMarz wrote: »
    Oh, he won't be. He should be, but he won't be. The club will loan him out again and there'll be a marquee signing striker with Torres and Ba being options from the bench.

IMO, Ba should be off-loaded. He's simply not good enough at all. Torres is handy back up. Lukaku should be up there in the pecking order, and maybe one signing of a striker.

But that won't happen.

Don't really follow the dislike of Ba why not give the chap a chance, he has shown what he can do in scoring that peach at OT and his previous record is quite decent. I would like to see him after a proper pre-season with us for me he looks like an excellent option.

That being said would be happy enough with Lukaku, Ba and Torres if he gets his act together in the league. If not if we can find a buyer ship Torres.

Hope that this report is true in which case maybe Lukaku and KdB will be given a shot next season, could have implications for Petr as well.

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2013/05/mourinhos-remit-promote-exciting-young.html?

Don't really follow the dislike of Ba why not give the chap a chance, he has shown what he can do in scoring that peach at OT and his previous record is quite decent. I would like to see him after a proper pre-season with us for me he looks like an excellent option.

That being said would be happy enough with Lukaku, Ba and Torres if he gets his act together in the league. If not if we can find a buyer ship Torres.

Ba's not good enough, hate to say I told ya so but I said it back before we signed him he wouldnt set the league on fire, he was a decent option and was got on the cheap but the guy is clueless outside the box, his build up play and linking up isnt up to standard.

At this stage Lukaku should be starting but we'll probably sign a big name striker and push Lukaku out on loan again and have Torres, Ba, New signing all fighting for places.

It all depends on what the new manager wants as our current 3 strikers are all very different.

Lukaku has the physical ability to be unplayable in the league, strength, pace, good finisher and able to bring people into the game, sometimes he makes the wrong choices around the box and can be ponderous ont he ball but with time that can be changed.

Ba, good poacher, able to finish chances and get into areas that allow him to get on the end of passes & crosses hes not a great team player and his link up play is only ok.

Torres, good movement and team work, decent at winning aerial battles and will happily assist with goals and links very well with others, lack of goals consistently coudl easily cost him.

Jose has a difficult enough choice and one i think he'll solve by going out and bringing in his own CF.

Few Twitter sources saying Dzeko + Money = Cavani.

Edit - Actualyl Napolis president said it as well on the back of talks about being in London for Rafa talks.

I like Lukaku and think he should most certainly be with us next season. Ba's team play is much better than you give him credit for, he is strong and is similar to Sparky the way he can create space for other players have a look at Lamps first goal against Villa for a prime example. By and large the service he was getting towards the season was woeful and you cant blame him for that yet Torres scored his first league goal since December, has started more league matches than Ba in that time yet that is deemed acceptable.

We ain't got him yet and he is already sorting out our problems, got to love him.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/genius-jose-solves-chelsea-courtois-problem-already-by-bringing-l

Yes, coz Torres has scored some of the most important goals in the EL for us.

If ya cant blame Ba for the service by and large, you cant blame Torres either as hes had the same service. :pac:

Had we had the luxury of 3 CF's it probably would have helped both Ba and Torres with rest and rotation and it should happen next season.

I honestly dont think either Torres or Ba will be here for the start of the 2014-15 season and that next season is the last for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Where are the so called quotes from Napoli's president coming from?
    Id rather have Lewandowski than Cavani tbh

Its in the mirror so it must be true yea :)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/edinson-cavani-man-city-napoli-1902143?

Wonder where the Napoli coach is going pretty good that guy PSG perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

i cant believe we havent taken lukaku to the US for the post season tour ;it would have been 'very interesting'[best read in an anglo-german accent].

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Yes, coz Torres has scored some of the most important goals in the EL for us.

If ya cant blame Ba for the service by and large, you cant blame Torres either as hes had the same service. :pac:

Had we had the luxury of 3 CF's it probably would have helped both Ba and Torres with rest and rotation and it should happen next season.

I honestly dont think either Torres or Ba will be here for the start of the 2014-15 season and that next season is the last for both.

Don't get me wrong would love to have a fully firing Torres and maybe TSO can deliver that but I do think Ba is a very acceptable back up or plan B to have around the place and I think he deserves to be given a chance.

But I have to say the the teams we faced in the Thursday night league are by and large no where near as disciplined as most premier league teams, the goal against Benfica was a peach though.

i cant believe we havent taken lukaku to the US for the post season tour ;it would have been 'very interesting'[best read in an anglo-german accent].

Pure guess but is it a contractual thing, is he contracted to the Baggies till June?

I really do hope no one is sent on loan for next season until we come back from Asia, if only so as these players remember they are actually Chelsea players and see our training ground and kit :eek:

Phoenix wrote: »
    Where are the so called quotes from Napoli's president coming from?
    Id rather have Lewandowski than Cavani tbh

Cavanis going to City, he was in town to speak to Rafa about the managers job and structure a deal with city for Dzeko + cash = Cavani.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130

Average attaendance 2012-13 41462
    Average attaendance 2011-12 41478
    Highest attendance 2012-13 41794
    Lowest attendance 2012-13 38484

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Pure guess but is it a contractual thing, is he contracted to the Baggies till June?

I really do hope no one is sent on loan for next season until we come back from Asia, if only so as these players remember they are actually Chelsea players and see our training ground and kit :eek:

is he not in the Belgium squad ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130

Average attaendance 2012-13 41462
    Average attaendance 2011-12 41478
    Highest attendance 2012-13 41794
    Lowest attendance 2012-13 38484

Thats quite interesting so Dortmund were the best supported club in Europe last season, I really have to get to the Westfalenstadion one of these days (or I suppose the Signal-Iduna-Park to be up to date).

Ours is quite consistent but we really do lag behind ManU, Barca (their average dropped a lot though), RM, Bayern and of course Dortmund

peteeeed wrote: »
    is he not in the Belgium squad ?

All the more reason to go I guess as their next game is in America any way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'll admit to having similar concerns about Jose.
    But I think if he returns then he has got to make it work to protect his reputation after a relatively poor stint at Real. If he fails with us (and the bar has been raised considerably since he was last here - CA did the double and two "interim" managers win european trophies) then I'm not sure where he goes next. So all in all I am optimistic that he will make it work and be successful.
    Garzorico wrote: »
    So why was he sacked by Chelsea/Real when he was doing such an amazing job? He is the common denominator. Risky. He'll be measured against his previous success at the club. He brings a circus with him and the 'you need me' mentality. I'm not convinced.

Thats quite interesting so Dortmund were the best supported club in Europe last season, I really have to get to the Westfalenstadion one of these days (or I suppose the Signal-Iduna-Park to be up to date).

Ours is quite consistent but we really do lag behind ManU, Barca (their average dropped a lot though), RM, Bayern and of course Dortmund

Yup, and also that attendance figure is hurting us in the pocket.

I'd say we'd struggle to fill a 60-65k stadium but we'd certainly fill an extra 10k.

The only viable long term option looks to be moving from The Bridge which would be painful but to compete long term and be better suited with F.F.P. we need more match day revenue.

The option to knock The Bridge and build again would more then likely cost 600-750 Million and a new stadium build on grounds eslewhere would probably, depending on the location cost 750million + given our location in London.

Re-development is practically ruled out so if we ere to knock the Bridge we'd have the issue of a new ground to play in with many saying Wembley would be our home for 3 seasons if it was to happen but then you've to factor in the knocking of the Bridge, building of a new stadium and the rental of Wembley for 3 years, not cheap.

Yup, and also that attendance figure is hurting us in the pocket.

I'd say we'd struggle to fill a 60-65k stadium but we'd certainly fill an extra 10k.

The only viable long term option looks to be moving from The Bridge which would be painful but to compete long term and be better suited with F.F.P. we need more match day revenue.

The option to knock The Bridge and build again would more then likely cost 600-750 Million and a new stadium build on grounds eslewhere would probably, depending on the location cost 750million + given our location in London.

Re-development is practically ruled out so if we ere to knock the Bridge we'd have the issue of a new ground to play in with many saying Wembley would be our home for 3 seasons if it was to happen but then you've to factor in the knocking of the Bridge, building of a new stadium and the rental of Wembley for 3 years, not cheap.

No not cheap even for someone of Roman's wealth. Could we redevelop SB though, would we still not have the issue of egress from the stadium?

I have always wondered why in the UK is there so much resistance to ground sharing and that could be a way around this as at the end of the day there are no cities in Europe with as many top flight teams as London. Much as I dislike QPR (and my God I do) I dont see any reason other than daft tribal ones why there should not be some form of sharing (I say QPR because the ground seating could be blue & white could as easy be Fulham). The sharing team may have an issue of filling the ground but cheap tickets would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Would you give Demba Ba a break, he's not worth £50m but he is a quality player.

Nicolas Anelka only scored two goals in 24 games when he was bought from bolton in a January transfer and he went on to be the top scorer in the premier league the next year.

Torres has scored 15 league goals (82 games) in the last two and a half seasons

Ba has scored 6 in 22 since his transfer and 15 league goals this season overall. If he was given a decent run in the team I'm pretty sure he'd do well, far better than torres has done anyway.

So maybe you should give him the same chance like you did and still are with Torres, it's getting annoying seeing how fickle some of the chelsea fans are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Friction between Jose and Roman had been bubbling for some time with jose's vocal disapproval of sheva being a particular bone for contention, if I remember correctly there had been clear the air talks between the two shortly before the eventual poor start to the final season gave Roman the itchy finger. Fact is if you want a top manager you have to let him pick the team and Roman was increasingly asserting his team on Jose , Jose also wasn't one to shy away and accept that either often making comments to the media to stir the pot. Also as I believe great managers like fergie are as big if not bigger than the club but always operates in the clubs best interest because he always sees himself as an integral part of it and I think that given the choice and some more control Jose would choose chelsea above any of his previous teams to call home.

Fergie without Man Utd is just another pensioner, Man Utd without Fergie are still Man Utd. Noone is bigger than any club.

• Advertisement

Are you not convinced by Jose or what the "circus" he brings?

Right now he is possibily the greatest manager still in the game. :confused:

Both

No not cheap even for someone of Roman's wealth. Could we redevelop SB though, would we still not have the issue of egress from the stadium?

I have always wondered why in the UK is there so much resistance to ground sharing and that could be a way around this as at the end of the day there are no cities in Europe with as many top flight teams as London. Much as I dislike QPR (and my God I do) I dont see any reason other than daft tribal ones why there should not be some form of sharing (I say QPR because the ground seating could be blue & white could as easy be Fulham). The sharing team may have an issue of filling the ground but cheap tickets would help.

Maybe the sense of a "home". I wouldnt wantt o ground share with any other team and no team of our standing should, I know that in Italy Inter are set to leave the San Siro in a few years but is there any other high profile ground share? Maybe Bayern and 1860 Munich but 1860 are ahrdly a big club in the sense of current European standings.
    Would you give Demba Ba a break, he's not worth £50m but he is a quality player.

Nicolas Anelka only scored two goals in 24 games when he was bought from bolton in a January transfer and he went on to be the top scorer in the premier league the next year.

Torres has scored 15 league goals (82 games) in the last two and a half seasons

Ba has scored 6 in 22 since his transfer and 15 league goals this season overall. If he was given a decent run in the team I'm pretty sure he'd do well, far better than torres has done anyway.

So maybe you should give him the same chance like you did and still are with Torres, it's getting annoying seeing how fickle some of the chelsea fans are.

I've always backed Torres, so aint fickle in the slightest, I said Ba wouldnt do the business and he hasnt, one good season at Newcastle and he was the next big thing, bo**ocks, truth is neither has Torres set the world a light for us which is why Lukaku should be started next season.

Both

LOLtastic.

Show me a current manager, that we could get, thats better then Jose.

You can rule out Ancelotti, he'd be my next best bet but hes not coming back anytime soon.
    You can rule out Rafa, pick any number of reasons.
    You can rule out Heyneckes, hes "retiring".
    You can rule out Pep hes gone to Bayern.
    You can rule out Del Bosque hes not going to leave the Spanish setup.

We shafted AVB, Pelligrini looks to be set for City, Klopp wont walk out on Dortmund and the same goes for Simone at Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Fergie without Man Utd is just another pensioner, Man Utd without Fergie are still Man Utd. Noone is bigger than any club.

I don't agree fergie will never be just another pensioner! Where would utd be without fergie? All those mind games and an ability to lean on officials and even the fa, no player should be bigger but at utd the book stopped at Alex. Utd may always be united but will that hunger and determination be as evident?

[/QUOTE]
    LOLtastic.

You can rule out Ancelotti, he'd be my next best bet but hes not coming back anytime soon.

We shafted AVB, Pelligrini looks to be set for City, Klopp wont walk out on Dortmund and the same goes for Simone at Atletico.[/QUOTE]

Seems to me that we already have a manager that is (at present) better than Jose trophywise. Rafa 1 : Jose 0.
    There are a group of managers at the top of thier game (I dunno, lets say 20) that cannot be easily seperated by coaching skills alone and any one of them would fit the bill. Its the players at his disposal/luck/timing etc etc also. Jose left after 3 yrs trying to get into the ECL final and Grant did just that in 6 months. RDM won it in 3. There are alot of variables with regard to what makes a title/trophy winning team not just a 'good manager'. I dont see Jose as the magic potion that will turn everything to gold. What happens if he finished 2nd in the league and doesnt win the ECL next season? Will we still love him if he cannot repeat the dominance he created in his first spell? The holy trinity (our future) are not built for Jose brand football.

If Jose is appointed happy days I'll support him to the hilt as I have done Rafa and AVB and so on and so forth. My point is Jose comes with baggage, not least of which is his history with Chelsea. I reckon he's had his chance and for whatever reason it went up in smoke.

We should be careful what we wish for.

• Advertisement

Jose was sacked, he didnt leave.

Roman and the board were getting sick of him not being a yes man and not toeing the line.

Apart from Carlo, every manager since has either been poor or not given enough time, Hiddink doesnt really count IMO but he would have been a good option.

If Jose comes back he will be here an awful lot longer then his 1st stint and the board have to relaise their hiring & firing of managers has got to a point where its unsustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

Originally Posted by Garzorico

Jose left after 3 yrs trying to get into the ECL final and Grant did just that in 6 months. RDM won it in 3. There are alot of variables with regard to what makes a title/trophy winning team not just a 'good manager'. I dont see Jose as the magic potion that will turn everything to gold. What happens if he finished 2nd in the league and doesnt win the ECL next season? Will we still love him if he cannot repeat the dominance he created in his first spell? The holy trinity (our future) are not built for Jose brand football.

Come on, you're really going to elevate Grant to the level of Jose? Grant got to the final with Jose's team, and backroom staff. I don't want to have a go at grant but does anyone really believe he was a major factor in getting to the final. We saw before extra time the guys who were leading the team.

Sure, Jose will bring a bit of a circus with him, but so what? It's carefully orchestrated entertainment, that will take the pressure off the team. Instead of constant stories about Torres' form, maybe some stories about the manager, and let the players get on with it?

LOLtastic.

We shafted AVB, Pelligrini looks to be set for City, Klopp wont walk out on Dortmund and the same goes for Simone at Atletico.

Have said for ages the only really top flight manager we can get at the moment would be TSO. Outside of him I think Pelligrini is a very good manager and will do very well at City or else Walter Mazzarri who though unproven has done excellent work at Napoli.

I would not be so pessimistic of TSO coming back I think Roman understands we are at the last chance saloon as regards attracting top flight managers. TSO by the same token has had a lot of his mystique removed after his spell in Madrid it is in both sides interest this works out. Jose needs us every bit as much as we need him now. The way we dismissed Carlo of the eyebrows, AVB and RDM was bad (the absolute worst being Carlo despicable way to treat a fantastic manager and man) Jose is by far the best we can attract at the moment, lets hope he actually arrives.

As for sharing Lazio & Roma share, and strangely historically 1860 would have been seen as the bigger team in Munich of course not now. Wouldn't casue me any problems sharing when we are at home its our ground and all the training is done at Cobham. It is a fair bit of kit to be using only 30 or so times a season really and with current technology keeping a pitch in decent shape should not be an issue. But it won't happen so a moot point.

Jose needs us every bit as much as we need him now

100000% agree.

Jose has a reputation to repair and we need a manager that will last longer then a few months.

It could very weell be the perfect marriage or a messy divorce but I'm hoping and very confident it will work.

Theres enough of the core of his oldguard there to influence and sell Jose as a coach to the younger guys in the squad, the stories, trainig methods, winning attitude, big game victories and trophies should hopefully spur on the younger members of the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

100000% agree.

Jose has a reputation to repair and we need a manager that will last longer then a few months.

It could very weell be the perfect marriage or a messy divorce but I'm hoping and very confident it will work.

Theres enough of the core of his oldguard there to influence and sell Jose as a coach to the younger guys in the squad, the stories, trainig methods, winning attitude, big game victories and trophies should hopefully spur on the younger members of the squad.

As long as it doesn't affect Eva's position...............

Techless wrote: »
    As long as it doesn't affect Eva's position...............

If it does he will have to go no question about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

100000% agree.

By not winning the UCL at Madrid, Jose's shot at career perfection has been derailed. It's time to put the 'Special One' moniker to sleep and to launch Jose Mk 2 - the Sustainable One [I know it'll never catch on, but you get my drift!].

If, in the next three years Mourinho can deliver two league titles and get to the late stages of the UCL, he's nailed on for a contract extension, if that's what he wants. If he does pitch in for the long haul, then I think Jose can deliver three Premierships and a UCL in the next five years.

That level of return will keep Arsenal and Spurs at bay in London, establish CFC as the No. 1 team in England, and also as a major European force capable of overhauling Man U in terms of European honours.

The CWC and the Europa League may not be the top of the tree, but they'll look much better if we can add a UCL or two to the haul. Five or 6 European trophies is not to be sneezed at. And two or three more Premierships puts us within shouting distance of a 'decima'!

History in the making, eh? Welcome back Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Pretty nasty reaction to Jose in the Spanish press. Not to mention Graham Hunter's hatchet job on ESPN [http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/laliga/id/473?cc=5739 ]. Should make for quite the rivalry with RM in the UCL.

TBH, I'm not very impressed with the holier-than-thou 'Madridismo' BS. Talk about a club which has wasted huge amounts of money for very little return. They had a great run when Sanz was president, but it didn't take Perez long to wreck their legacy, starting with the dismissal of Del Bosque. Even with a massive injection of municipal money which wiped out enormous debts, they still couldn't buy significant success.

A clutch of Galacticos later Madrid are really only on a par with a number of other clubs in the modern UCL era. Most of their European Cups were won in an era when they only had to play seven matches to win. For hte record, Barca, Madrid and Milan have won 3 UCLs, and Man U two. Maybe Madrid should face up to the fact that they're not really the force they think they are.

Wow that is some hatchet job bit on the bias side as well. I know RM make a few quid from sponsorship and what not but how do they comply with FFP. Well can dislike RM and Barca equally again so that's good at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

McDave wrote: »
    Pretty nasty reaction to Jose in the Spanish press. Not to mention Graham Hunter's hatchet job on ESPN [http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/laliga/id/473?cc=5739 ]. Should make for quite the rivalry with RM in the UCL.

I don't see that as much of a hatchet job tbh. A article of foreboding and warning for Chelsea even.

As a Barcelona fan, I'd fear Madrid under Ancelotti or Benitez more than the past three years. Madrid collapsed from the inside and he did nothing but encourage it happening on the face of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

dfx- wrote: »
    I don't see that as much of a hatchet job tbh. A article of foreboding and warning for Chelsea even.

As a Barcelona fan, I'd fear Madrid under Ancelotti or Benitez more than the past three years. Madrid collapsed from the inside and he did nothing but encourage it happening on the face of it.

I don't think that's a fair comment. The players have to know who is in charge. And he has to be in charge. Madrid have never truly backed mourinho and this just serves to give the players license to rebel.

The manager picks the team, he's in charge and don't you dare cross him or you are out on your ear. That's the only way a football club can function at the highest level and by not backing their manager, it was Real themselves who encouraged dissent from within.

Don't get me wrong, Jose's no angel.......but if you make your manager impotent you are only shooting yourself in the foot. Guys like Casillas and Ramos should never have been allowed to front up to the manager. The club let that happen.

Panthro wrote: »

That'll never happen.

Basically rehashing an old story about interest in Luiz.

As it stands the guy is our best CB and possibily our 2nd best CM, speaks Portugese and has an infectous attitude, Jose will look to him as a new leader IMO.

Looks like Shaw is staying put....for now anyway.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/10072222/Teenage-prospect-Luke-Shaw-to-stay-at-Southampton-despite-interest-from-Chelsea.html
    Chelsea have identified Shaw as a potential long-term replacement to Ashley Cole at left-back but the player has verbally pledged his future to Southampton and said he wants to continue his development in the first team. Southampton are now confident that he will sign a five-year contract when he turns 18 on July 12
    Southampton have lost Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Wayne Bridge and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to leading London clubs over the past decade, but chairman Nicola Cortese would only listen to offers if Shaw expressed a desire to leave.

Kirby wrote: »
    I don't think that's a fair comment. The players have to know who is in charge. And he has to be in charge. Madrid have never truly backed mourinho and this just serves to give the players license to rebel.

The manager picks the team, he's in charge and don't you dare cross him or you are out on your ear. That's the only way a football club can function at the highest level and by not backing their manager, it was Real themselves who encouraged dissent from within.

Don't get me wrong, Jose's no angel.......but if you make your manager impotent you are only shooting yourself in the foot. Guys like Casillas and Ramos should never have been allowed to front up to the manager. The club let that happen.

Absolutely agree, it is amazing how people can have pops at the likes of JT and lamps for (allegedly) getting AVB the bullet from Chelsea and also JT of managing Chelsea when he was subbed off against Napoli I think and offering encouragement to his team mates from the sidelines. Yet when players undermine a manager who they don't like in a club they don't like then that is fine.

That piece was a hatchet job and no mistake, and it is amazing that Barca fans feel there was no fear from Madrid over the past 3 years, yet during that time RM gained the most points and scored most goals in a season. If Barca were as good as they think they are then they would hold the record. He also got them to 3 straight Champions League semi's the first for ages, I am delighted he was not supported if he comes back to us.

Panthro wrote: »
    That'll never happen.

Basically rehashing an old story about interest in Luiz.

As it stands the guy is our best CB and possibily our 2nd best CM, speaks Portugese and has an infectous attitude, Jose will look to him as a new leader IMO.

I would say so Gav and even if TSO does come and were to sell the possibility of selling to either of those two clubs is slim I would have thought.

Hopefully Sideshow is with us for some time to come.

Absolutely agree, it is amazing how people can have pops at the likes of JT and lamps for (allegedly) getting AVB the bullet from Chelsea and also JT of managing Chelsea when he was subbed off against Napoli I think and offering encouragement to his team mates from the sidelines. Yet when players undermine a manager who they don't like in a club they don't like then that is fine.

That piece was a hatchet job and no mistake, and it is amazing that Barca fans feel there was no fear from Madrid over the past 3 years, yet during that time RM gained the most points and scored most goals in a season. If Barca were as good as they think they are then they would hold the record. He also got them to 3 straight Champions League semi's the first for ages, I am delighted he was not supported if he comes back to us.

Reals loss is our gain anyway and the fact that it could be for free makes it even sweeter, the amount that Roman has paid for managers and in paying them off is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

This is interesting (if true) Neymar snubbing us to join Barca, shame in a way he is a decent player. Upside is though if Barca blow their money on him they may not have much left to bolster their defence which is poor and getting worse.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/315921/?

• Advertisement

We have to play Lukaku next season he is showing his loyalty to the cause already

http://www.tottenhamhotspur-mad.co.uk/feat/ed11/breaking_news_lukaku_says_no_to_spurs_796081/index.shtml?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement