Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole Trader Seeking Social Welfare Benefits

Options
  • 16-01-2013 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,

I am a sole trader, and I have been working full time for the last 13 months, out of my house. I am trying to find out what social welfare benefits I am entitled to, both going into the future and retrospectively.

Last year I earned €4,000 (way below the dole) and I did not claim the dole or any benefits. I hope to earn a proper living this year, but I have had to scarifies a lot to get to where I am now, like personal loans from my parents.

I started as a sole trader straight after I left college. But. I found out (when it was too late) that when I left college, I should have gone straight on the dole, then afterward started working for myself. If I did this, I would have received weekly payments from welfare for the "Back to work enterprise fund".

My questions are: (1) Can I claim any money for 2012? (2) What schemes I can claim looking into the future?. I am not a job seekers, and I do not think I am eligible for the back to work enterprise scheme. Any help would be amazing. I hope I can get an answer here because Welfare does not answer the phone, and the departments that do answer do not have any information, and I can not find any articles my situation.

Comments

Advertisement