Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to UCD from Clondalkin

Options
  • 16-01-2013 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hey there are several courses I am thinking of putting down on the CAO for UCD but I am very worried about how to actually get there as I will not be driving at that stage and there doesn't seem to be an obvious public transport route to get there and back. If anyone goes to the university from Clondalkin or even knows someone, any help would be great. :)

Comments

I travel from Ballyfermot, 2 buses and takes roughly 80-90 minutes. You can take the 51x in the morning to be there for 9am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

I was looking at the 51X although it is very early to get up for and only runs one way. Do you take a bus from town to get out to the campus?

Yeah, there is a ridiculous number of buses to UCD from town and they all take about 20-25 minutes from Nassau street. So I'd say taking the 40 to town and one of those is your best bet.

Thanks :) the 13 from Clondalkin then the 39a from Nassau Street seems like the best option for me. What sort of time would you have to leave around each morning taking the 2 buses? (sorry for all the questions lol)

I usually leave 90 minutes beforehand, but I don't know exactly where you live in Clondalkin or how close you are to a bus stop! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

andrew369 wrote: »
    Thanks :) the 13 from Clondalkin then the 39a from Nassau Street seems like the best option for me. What sort of time would you have to leave around each morning taking the 2 buses? (sorry for all the questions lol)

If you were to leave at say, 7.20, you'd be safe getting in for 9 anyway, even stop by for a tea and a muffin. I speak based on four years experience. :D

GobBass wrote: »
    If you were to leave at say, 7.20, you'd be safe getting in for 9 anyway, even stop by for a tea and a muffin. I speak based on four years experience. :D

There goes the dream of having more sleep during college lol thanks though :), do many of the lectures start as early as 9?

Depends on you degree really, but in 1st year most of them yes.

Advertisement