Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 phonlelines on same exchange, one broadband enabled, one not??

• 16-01-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭

I am moving house and had the phoneline in teh new porperty activated on friday. My neighbour, has broadband. I don't- according to eircom.We are on the same exchange..can anyone exp laine? might it just be that the linetester hasn't copped on to the new line yet? It ' s 5 days old(inclusive weekend)...??:confused::confused::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,061 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the linetest is a database AFAIK - they run the tests periodically and then update the database. The test is not run live when you click on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

uhm..vodafone ran the test for me - they said it wasn't broadband ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

doubter wrote: »
    I am moving house and had the phoneline in teh new porperty activated on friday. My neighbour, who's phonenumber is - whilst mine is has broadband. I don't- according to eircom.We are on the same exchange..can anyone exp laine? might it just be that the linetester hasn't copped on to the new line yet? It ' s 5 days old(inclusive weekend)...??:confused::confused::eek:

Just so you know, you've posted the personal parts of your own phone number. You left out the area code, of which there's like less than 30 that are 3 digits and not many area codes have phone numbers that start with 91xxxxx. E.g. the Sligo area and Donegal too I think?

:-) Leitrim...any clue's on whats going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

What Loyatemu said. It can take the guts of a month before a linesman gets round to testing the lines in an exchange again - particularly in smaller, rural exchanges which are normally unmanned except for visits from eircom staff from the nearby big town or city for maintenance etc.

But seriously, you might want to take down your ph number. It's very easy to figure out what it is if you only leave out the area code!

• Advertisement

What Loyatemu said. It can take the guts of a month before a linesman gets round to testing the lines in an exchange again - particularly in smaller, rural exchanges which are normally unmanned except for visits from eircom staff from the nearby big town or city for maintenance etc.

But seriously, you might want to take down your ph number. It's very easy to figure out what it is if you only leave out the area code!

i will.. although i'm not worried about unwanted visitors.If the dogs don't get them,my feral horse will..;-)

Advertisement