Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are The Members playing in Dublin on Feb 1st?

Options
  • 16-01-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

Ive heard the Members, with ex Damned drummer Rat Scabies, are playing Dublin on Feb 1st but I cant seem to find any info on it. Anyone know? They're in Auntie Annies in Belfast the following night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Scrap that question ... its fibbers. I really dont think I want to go now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ahh but Fibbers is lovely.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Fibbers has the best sound of any small club in Dublin.

What do you not like about it?

the last time I played a gig in there the sound engineer was a twat. I know thats nothing to do with nothing, and it was years and years back. every since though, i shudder when I think of the place.

Gandalf's always seemed quite level headed when I've dealt with him. They've done a LOT of work on the place in the last 2 years. I'd give it a go, just in case you miss something you'll regret :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

maccored wrote: »
    the last time I played a gig in there the sound engineer was a twat. I know thats nothing to do with nothing, and it was years and years back. every since though, i shudder when I think of the place.

Cop urself on, time moves forward....Fibber's is the best small venue place in Dublin...Period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

looking forward to this...at the chelsea nightclub is a masterpiece from a band that deserved much more success...plus scabies on drums..excellent.the sound better be good down there...gbh sound was godawful when they played fibbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Cop urself on, time moves forward....Fibber's is the best small venue place in Dublin...Period.

It is in it's hole. Still stinks of **** and the pints are crap.

The Grand Social is the best room around that size.

The Grand Social would be perfect if there was more than one ****ing entrance. It's a serious health hazard and the toilets are impossible to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dregin wrote: »
    Gandalf's always seemed quite level headed when I've dealt with him. They've done a LOT of work on the place in the last 2 years. I'd give it a go, just in case you miss something you'll regret :)
    Aye, JC is back upstairs, and is a master on the sound desk! Downstairs doesn't smell as bad, but meh; I don't bother going down there, as I only goto Fibbers for the live gigs upstairs.

• Advertisement

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    It is in it's hole. Still stinks of **** and the pints are crap.

The Grand Social is the best room around that size.

Grand social is ****e, where is the pub atmosphere there???
    I assume ur either a young 'un or a SXE non drinker :p

Cider is adequate so I recommend you change ur booze intake :)

Sound is excellent in Fibbers and I should know as I film a lot of gigs.

looking forward to this...at the chelsea nightclub is a masterpiece from a band that deserved much more success...plus scabies on drums..excellent.the sound better be good down there...gbh sound was godawful when they played fibbers

GBH was almost 3 years ago...sound seems ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIxE2enFPvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPnINlYHsfo

...plus scabies on drums..

the main reason for considering to go in the first place (for me anyway)

based on what? your experience? Christ, I must cop myself on then :rolleyes:

Cider is adequate so I recommend you change ur booze intake :)

Is it possible to get bad cider?

Their Guinness is ****e.

Oh most def you can get bad cider, funny taste, flat etc but overall it is far more consistent then a stout or a lager.
    If the drink is crap in Fibbers I tend to run across the road to the Metro aul lads pub and skull down a pint there...you get a far better kick drinking like that btw :P
    There are actually 2 gigs on tomorrow night, a grassroots gig in The Thomas house on erm Thomas st so we are watching 2 bands there (decent drink) and then heading to Fibbers cos the 1st band I wanna see doesn't start til 11.

maccored wrote: »

based on what? your experience? Christ, I must cop myself on then :rolleyes:

If it is a Punk gig which I only attend :p then yes!!!!:cool:

There are actually 2 gigs on tomorrow night, a grassroots gig in The Thomas house on erm Thomas st so we are watching 2 bands there (decent drink) and then heading to Fibbers cos the 1st band I wanna see doesn't start til 11.

I'll be doing the same myself. I only really want to see the Members so I should get the whole Thomas House gig in before.

Videos from both gigs
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JANER64?feature=mhee

Thomas House pics
    http://pix.ie/punkrock/album/458292

Fibbers pics
    http://pix.ie/punkrock/album/458295

Fibbers gig was jam packed...and more importantly the Cider was fine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

****ing animal gig. members were awesome. sound bunch of lads also...

Advertisement