Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Open Account

Options
  • 16-01-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

I inherited money a few years ago and decided to put the money in a bank of Ireland Current account so it wouldn't get mixed in with my wages . The account my wages went into was an AIB one . I have a B.O.I Investment that has matured and would prefer to keep the money seperate so I can keep track of it . The Current Account was closed in January 2011 because of a lack of funds in it . I have got statements at home from the account . So I was wondering could the account be Re - Opened ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi smileyj1987,

You cannot reopen a current account with Bank of Ireland. You could open another current account by contacting your local branch.
    To open a current account you will need photographic ID and proof of address. You can use a current passport, driving licence or Garda age card for ID. For proof of address you'll need one of the following documents:

- a provisional or full driving license if you haven't used that as proof of ID
    - a current original financial institution statement dated within the last 3 months (including Credit Union)
    - a letter from an employer dated within the last 6 months
    - a current original Social Insurance document

You should also make an appointment to open an account. You can find contact details for all our branches here.

Another option may be to reinvest the funds but you would be best to speak to an investment advisor to discuss your best option. You can request an appointment with an investment advisor by calling your nearest branch.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement