Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Jellybean - Unable to Login on touch

Options
  • 16-01-2013 6:47pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have two Jellybean devises (Galaxy S III and Google Nexus). Neither of these are able to login to touch.boards.ie - Boards keeps saying the password is wrong even though its not. Happens in stock browser or Google Chrome.

Logs in fine on the Galaxy SII which is Ice Cream Sandwich.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi Sully,

When did this start and can you give me the exact, word for word, error?

Thanks,

Danny

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well I only got the Nexus a couple of weeks ago, but I put it down to me not typing it correctly and forgot about it until I got the SIII up and running today and it happened again.

I checked on the PC and I was able to login correctly with the same username and password (same case) as I was using on the phone. On the phone, it returns back to the login page with a red strip and a exclamation mark with the text;
    Login failed, please try again

Thanks, have you tried the touch site on the PC or just the desktop site? http://touch.boards.ie

Danny

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thanks, have you tried the touch site on the PC or just the desktop site? http://touch.boards.ie

Danny

I tried the Desktop site on the PC and the touch site on the mobile/nexus.

Sully wrote: »
    I tried the Desktop site on the PC and the touch site on the mobile/nexus.

Can you try the regular site on the mobile/nexus and the Touch site on the desktop for us?

Danny

• Advertisement

Tried it on the phone (don't have Nexus to hand);
    - Can't login on the Desktop site, Touch Site or the Mobile site (but the mobile site appears to use the Desktop site Login anyway)

On the computer
    - Able to login fine on the Desktop, Touch Site and the Mobile site.

Working okay on the Nexus when I tried it this morning - on touch and desktop.

Still wont work on the phone.

Can you try a different browser on the phone? We're not really noticing any issues from other devices/users

Danny

Doesn't work on the stock browser either :S

Have you tried it over wifi on the phone or is this all over 3G?

• Advertisement

Have you tried it over wifi on the phone or is this all over 3G?

Both :/

Not that it matters but I tested it on an iPad and it logged in fine. Absolutely no idea why my phone isn't working with Boards. Feels weird!

This has started working. Not sure why, but it did.

Cheers!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement