Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM card for TriBand GSM Wireless burglar alarm.

Options
  • 16-01-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Guys,
    I recently purchased a TriBand GSM Wireless burglar alarm.
    I have difficulty setting it up and suspect the basic trouble is in the GSM section. I checked the SIM card on a Nokia 5110 and it was OK. The signal strength is also OK.
    On carefully going through the manual, it says "The SIM card should use 900/1800/1900Mhz GSM Band.Use only GSM SIM card, not CDMA or G3."
    Not having read the manual I had purchased a standard Irish Vodafone SIM card. Today I contacted their tech support to acertain the features of the SIM card but without success. How can I identify its features?
    I read on a web site that a 3G SIM card could be identified by 3G printed on it.Is this correct?

I really wonder if it matters about the features of the SIM card, at all, as I would have thought they would be backward compatable and SMS is hardly demanding on on a modern telephone system ?

Thank you for reading this post and would be grateful for any comments and suggestions
    Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moving this to Home Security.
    Can you tell us what system you have?
    It may be simply a case of it not supporting Vodafone or Vodafone IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 misshoran

Hi KoolKid,
    Thank you for the reply.
    This is a generic alarm not linked to any network or call centre
    Regards
    misshoran

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi misshoran looking for a make or model of the system.

Advertisement