Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Huntington Beach Accommodation Sharing 2013

Options
  • 16-01-2013 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey everyone me and my friend are going to huntington beach this summer on a J1 we are both 21 and are looking for anyone whos interested in sharing accommodation over there just gives us a shout? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ella1991

Hey everyone me and my friend are going to huntington beach this summer on a J1 we are both 21 and are looking for anyone whos interested in sharing accommodation over there just gives us a shout? :)

Heya :)
    Me and my friend are thinking of going to Huntington aswell :)
    We will be 21 and 22 in the summer ...
    We heard accom is very hard to get out there so we were looking to sort it soon aswell and it would be cheaper with a bigger group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Phillymwon

Hey. myself and a friend from college, both lads and will be 21 going, are looking to find accommodation as quick as possible to get everything sorted and are also looking to share so if ye're up for it we're in. The more the cheaper to id say. Heard of 18 in accommodation together last year so that'd interesting... :p ... archstone apartments and whilffle tree apartments were 2 i was looking at. Post up if ye find any others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mrsnesbit!

Hi Guys,
    i too would like to jump on board, two girls flying out 29th May with two others joining!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ella1991

Heya .. a few of us are looking into Whiffle Tree atm..
    Our Friends stayed their last year ..there was 13 of them in a 2 Bedroom they sed it was graaannd :) haha
    It would be unreal to have accom sorted before we head out, went on a J1 last year and left it till we got over there and it was a disaster !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Phillymwon

Ya they look grand and the more the cheaper... Same with archstone apartments... They look unreal... Defo up for sharing anyway if ye are and get it organized early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Rm13

I'm going with 3 other girls, all 21 and also looking to share! Ocean breeze villas are worth a look too

• Registered Users Posts: 3 d.greene

Myself and 4 other lads are looking into staying in archstone! Our mates stayed there last year said it was class! We'd gladly share with 3-4 more to make the rent cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SophieMaz

Ella1991 wrote: »
    Heya :)
    Me and my friend are thinking of going to Huntington aswell :)
    We will be 21 and 22 in the summer ...
    We heard accom is very hard to get out there so we were looking to sort it soon aswell and it would be cheaper with a bigger group :)

Hey, Myself and two of my friends are heading here for the summer too. We're all in college in UCD and flying out the 25th of May. We're up for sharing accomodation, and have heard that Archstone is pretty popular for j1ers!! It also has a gym which would be handy, whereas Whiffle doesnt! Would love to have it sorted prior to travelling and we are all up for sharing!!

Phillymwon wrote: »
    Ya they look grand and the more the cheaper... Same with archstone apartments... They look unreal... Defo up for sharing anyway if ye are and get it organized early!

Myself and two friends are also up for sharing;)

SophieMaz wrote: »
    Myself and two friends are also up for sharing;)

Hi I'm one of these two friends of sophie's! The 3 of us want to share to make it cheap and archstone's our preference because it looks unreal! Could even fit a load of us into one of the one beds because they look huge. few mattresses on the floor, be grand! Get in touch :)

• Advertisement

Yeah archstone looks slick enough! what dates are people planning on arriving?

d.greene wrote: »
    Yeah archstone looks slick enough! what dates are people planning on arriving?

We're flying out the 25th of May ( myself and rachel) and a friend of ours is following us out the 3rd of June. What about you? Is there many in your group??

there's 5 of us flying out june 1st all lads! emailed archstone today and they said they've no summer vacancies at the moment!

there's 5 of us flying out june 1st all lads! emailed archstone today and they said they've no summer vacancies at the moment!

We've emailed Archstone too waiting on a reply, likewise with Ocean Breeze. Friends of mine have stayed in Huntington Villas before too!

Phillymwon wrote: »

Hold on, nick is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ShonaD12

Myself and 4 other lads are looking into staying in archstone! Our mates stayed there last year said it was class! We'd gladly share with 3-4 more to make the rent cheaper!
    myself and 3 other girls are heading over looking at archstone too and would definatly be up for sharing !

ShonaD12 wrote: »
    myself and 3 other girls are heading over looking at archstone too and would definatly be up for sharing !

Myself and 2 other girls are heading out the 25th of May and would also be up for sharing! My emails is sophiemolloy@hotmail.com if anyone is interested!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 verbatim92

Hey,

Myself and a group of lads will be heading to Huntington for the J1 this summer aswell. All lads 20/21 and just looking into getting sorted for accomodation and stuff if we can! Would be interested in sharing with a few to get rent down to help out..

Just wondering has anyone been able to sort work yet? Haven't looked into it too much yet but just said i'd ask to see how successful people have been??

Hey myself and a friend are heading over on the 25th ( both girls) and we would def be up for sharing to make rent cheaper etc... Job front I doubt there's much point in looking this early, friends of mine have gone there before and just looked when they got out there and all seemed to have gotten jobs!!
    verbatim92 wrote: »
    Hey,

Myself and a group of lads will be heading to Huntington for the J1 this summer aswell. All lads 20/21 and just looking into getting sorted for accomodation and stuff if we can! Would be interested in sharing with a few to get rent down to help out..

Just wondering has anyone been able to sort work yet? Haven't looked into it too much yet but just said i'd ask to see how successful people have been??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Peteypeds

hey guys me and and one of my mates are going out the 25th may.. whats the story with accom? havnt really looked into it yet!

• Advertisement

are there many going to huntington beach this summer? i know that theres absolutely loads going to san diego. also, whats the story with jobs?

Peteypeds wrote: »
    hey guys me and and one of my mates are going out the 25th may.. whats the story with accom? havnt really looked into it yet!

Hey, at the moment there's eight of us, mostly girls, few boys, we are all looking for acom at the moment! Myself and a friend are also flying out the 25th! If you are interested in getting involved email is sophiemolloy@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jayburgkk

3 lads all 22 and were flying the 4 of June so we defo want to share accomodation if at all possible! anyone interested??

jayburgkk wrote: »
    3 lads all 22 and were flying the 4 of June so we defo want to share accomodation if at all possible! anyone interested??[/Quote

Hey! There's a group of us going 8 altogether mostly girls! We pretty much have a house sorted so if you fancy getting involved let me know - sophiemolloy@hotmail.com

cool cool im gonna sort everything out by next week hopefully so ill get back to ya on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SharonC20

Howaye! Me and another girl heading to Huntington Beach on a J1 the end of May - looking for people to share accomodation with if anyones interested?? Anyone know anything about the kinda work over there, if theres much of it or good places to look?
    Cheers!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 spits

6 of us planning on huntington aswel for summer all girls 20 n 21 if any of ye wanted to share was lookin in2 archstone but wouldnt mind trying to get a big house either !! my facebooks https://www.facebook.com/geraghf if use wana get in touch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deirdre English 101

5 girls, all 21 looking for someone to share accommodation with.. we're heading to Huntington on the 19th of May :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SharonC20

have ye got any accomodation sorted yet?? were still looking, wouldnt mind getting a house if we were sharing with a good few people, anything to keep the rent down!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

Hey guys,

Myself and some of my friends are travelling to Huntington Beach this Summer for a J1. I was just wondering how ye went about getting accommodation in the end last year? We were looking at a few places on Craigslist but just not sure how trustworthy the sellers are.

Thanks for any replies

Advertisement