Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEFL in Spain - Meddeas

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

Hey, I've got a skype interview tomorrow if anyone has any tips or advice for me that would be great! :)

Hey! I had a Skype interview the other week with them - it's a pretty strange experience but it's not stressful so you should be fine. They asked me all about my college degree, background and why do I want to teach English abroad, etc.

They did ask me why I wanted to do my course (I was 17, I just wanted to go to Dublin!) which was a bit weird. Best advice I could give is try and keep your answers short and sweet (I was worried I was constantly going off topic all the time) and smile a lot! They seem to be looking for people who are passionate about Spain, teaching and that are enthusiastic!

Last thing is don't be afraid to improvise! I didn't think some of my answers were great at all, but I have another interview with them coming up so I must have done okay! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisareilly91

Thanks for your reply!! That's brilliant congrats!! I'll let ye know how it goes anyway later thanks again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dalebmurray

Hello all..

I've read through all of this thread as I have applied for a position with Meddeas this year. I'm just wondering what experiences you all had last year, if you could share your experiences with us?

Also, I had a Skype interview a few days ago with them. She seemed friendly enough, it lasted around a half hour. How long did everyone elses interviews last?

Waiting on an email from them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jonimoo1

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone could enlighten me on what to expect from the personal interview. I have one arranged for next week in Dublin and would love perspective from the interviewee point of view. I found the Skype interview varied, more about sussing me out than anything. Is the personal more focused on TEFL/teaching experience?
    Any feedback or tips would be majorly appreciated!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brownd17

Hi, did anyone from last year live out? I'm unsure whether to go for host family or living out option. I'm tempted to go for the host family option, but one thing is I am a bit worried about finding an apartment on arrival. Is it fairly easy? And do Meddeas help at all?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 nlgk14

Hey guys, I was really interested in applying for Meddeas however some of the posts on this have changed my mind. Could anybody share some of their experiences negative or positive. Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Just going to bump this because of the above question :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

nlgk14 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was really interested in applying for Meddeas however some of the posts on this have changed my mind. Could anybody share some of their experiences negative or positive. Thanks guys :)

Where does one apply mate!?

Cheers,
    M

How did you prove to them that you completed a degree?

Just found this posting on www.tefl.com - http://www.tefl.com/jobs/job.html?jo_id=62048

It seems to be one way to apply for it anyhow!

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement

You get a copy of your degree from NUI Galway (in my case) and send it to them. NUI will issue a translated copy of your degree for the tidy sum of €50!!

Cheers,
    M

But I don't get my degree cert until november :(

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    But I don't get my degree cert until november :(

Surely they can give you some sort of letter until then mate!? That is what NUI Galway gave me but then again Meddeas and others may not accept that :mad:

They wouldn't for Asia. But it's a visa requirement there, but I'm not sure about spain.

Maybe a letter to prove you got a degree would be enough? Otherwise, you'll have to take the native speaker option. It doesn't sound great tbh.

Any advice for an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kirky96

Hey!
    Could anyone help me out? I've just had a Skype interview with Meddeas and I think it went quite well. I've just been reading through these threads and I'm a bit uncertain about doing it now.
    I'm wanting to become a teacher in the future and thought this was great for my gap year before uni.
    Does anyone definitely recommend it? Anyone out there now and how are you finding it?
    This is definitely just for peace of mind.

Any interview tips? ;)

What sort of questions did they ask?

Hey there,
    Probably the wrong place to ask but is there a Meddeas equivalent in France does anyone know?

Thanks,
    M

Any interview tips? ;)

What sort of questions did they ask?

They asked about yourself, where you see yourself in the future, your experiences, about schools you've been too, about ages and schools you would like to work in, where abouts in Spain you want to be etc!

How do you think you did?

• Advertisement

I think I've done okay; well I hope so anyway! Have to see if I get the next interview!

Anybody here back from them?

Anybody here back from them?

Only this

"Dear Mark,

Thank you for your information, we will contact you when we have a suitable position for you.

Best wishes"

and that was on June 17th!!

Ye get the same!?

Cheers,
    Mark

Did you get to the interview stage?

Did you get to the interview stage?

Not a dickey bird from them since that email so I guess it's not looking too good, right?! I won't be devastated if it doesn't happen with them as I'm taking a career break in September and they are one of many options I'm trying at the moment.....

Cheers,
    M

Honestly, if you haven't done a skype then they may have forgotten about you. I'd email them to remind them you're still, you know, there :pac:

But, I've dug up an old post to ease our worries :P
    OJWalsh wrote: »
    I have e-mailed them so much that I don't really want to be a pest.

I'm going to try and call them tomorrow though I did write to them on Skype earlier today and I got no reply. As it stands I am waiting around one and half weeks for a reply from them via e-mail. When was your starting date given to you?

Thanks for the reply, I imagine they are very busy sorting out other people placements. I am getting a little impatient though.

^^Above is from the 8/8/13

• Registered Users Posts: 1 doniobrien

Hey everyone,

It has been a while since someone last posted. I have a Skype interview with them tomorrow.
    Has anybody done the interview recently and could provide some tips?
    I'm pretty sure I did a Skype interview with them about two years ago but never heard back.
    Hoping this time it goes better! :)

Thanks!

Advertisement