Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness crisps

Options
  • 16-01-2013 8:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a shop that stocks these?

Got them in the petrol station down the docks a while ago, haven't seen them anywhere else since then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Vaguely recall seeing them in Dunnes in Briarhill, tho it may have been a dream

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

Saw them in Monaghans on the Tuam Road this morning. Was staring at them trying to think of where I'd heard of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭seanpjs93

Check out Mr Price shops, I got a bag in one...not too fond of them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Guinness does crisps?? How come I was not informed of this invention??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

They're rotten :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Guinness does crisps?? How come I was not informed of this invention??

Yeah, they were looking for a way to use up the dregs from the bottom of the kegs ... chip flavouring it is!

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »

that's what I thought about my first pint of Guinness. You need to show some dedication and stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

First Tayto Chocolate now Guinness Crisps!! The world is going nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    that's what I thought about my first pint of Guinness. You need to show some dedication and stick with it.

No.

Guinness is my favourite pint, but no words can describe how awful these crisps are.

I think some genius in Diageo has invented a new machine that converts Guinness-farts into crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Saw them first over in Cardiff of all places :confused:
    They're made by a UK company called Burts potato crisps.
    The taste does have a weird resemblance to Guinness alright.
    Recently saw them in the Galway roast on shop street aswell.
    1147B4F622904BF499A6635F59523ED6-0000338914-0003365798-00800L-C4E2B76D234947B1A93F7CC856C55A6A.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

They had them in Texaco at the Docks a few days ago, beside the seating area on a display on their own (not with the other crisps)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Super Value in Athlone have them, so it might be worth checking Super Value. I also agree that they are not very nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭Antifa161

They sell them in Joyces, but yes the are rank

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

There is a brand that Dunnes do called Keoghs who do a Roast Beef and Irish Stout flavour of hand cooked crisp if that's a more easily found substitute. I tried a pack after reading this thread last week. Pretty tasty but obviously not quite the same thing as yer pukka Guinness crisp.

Advertisement