Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETS AT GIGS**

Options
  • 16-01-2013 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭

I was at both Dropkick Murphy's gigs at Vicar Street this weekend, and although both gigs were excellent there was a new trend which left a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

On the Saturday 30+ phones were pickpocketed from INSIDE the venue, even though security warned everyone on the Sunday there was still quite a few stolen.

Seems these scum have found a new base for there thieving, a busy gig where people are constantly being pushed into each other.

So if you're off to any gigs soon MAKE SURE YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR GEAR, and if you see anything out of the ordinary report it to security

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

For the past 12 years I've worn a shirt that looks like a bowling shirt, only way I can describe it but in the breast area is two zip pockets that I always have put my phone keys and wallet,

If you see a shirt like this pick it up handy to have and the scum won't try up there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

it's a sad state of affairs Scud - but I've been wondering when they were going to start targeting events indoors like gigs, 30 seems a lot to get away with, scumbags...much harder to be keeping an eye on stuff at a gig without loosing out on some of the enjoyment of the gig.......that kind of stuff isn't easy for the Security to control either.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

30 phones?! That's unbelievable. Always bring as little as possible to gigs with me cause money always falls out of my pocket/my brother lost his ipod+phone crowdsurfing, but this is even more incentive to just not bring them if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

30 phones?! That's unbelievable. Always bring as little as possible to gigs with me cause money always falls out of my pocket/my brother lost his ipod+phone crowdsurfing, but this is even more incentive to just not bring them if possible.

yep, was AT LEAST 30, The Gardai said they'd never heard of it on this scale.

Just posting here to warn people, cos these scum got a result on Sat night and will no doubt be trying it again at other venues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

yeah - I work down in the IFSC and we've had 3 girls in one evening after work outside the job have their phones robbed, their just cycling up and down the road and it's easy pickings, but if they can go to 1 gig and grab that many there's no doubt they'll be going to more....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

scudzilla wrote: »

On the Saturday 30+ phones were pickpocketed from INSIDE the venue, even though security warned everyone on the Sunday there was still quite a few stolen.

Thanks for the warning. That is a shocking level of theft, all gig-goers should be careful.

Skid wrote: »
    Thanks for the warning. That is a shocking level of theft, all gig-goers should be careful.

For sure, and if everyone kept an eye out, reported anythin suspicious to security they'd soon get the message.

If i'd caught anyone on Sunday i'd have fed them to the pit, was that messy

As they had such a good haul this weekend i reckon the scum will be back to gigs for sure

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

great gig all the same, i found a lasses phone on in the pit and managed to return it after, didnt really trust putting it behind the bar, was quite a nice phone, i had heard bout the thefts the night before so was vigilant, saw nothing, and i was keeping an eye out to nab one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

I was at the Asking Alexandria gig on Monday and there was also 7 phones stolen!

I was at the Asking Alexandria gig on Monday and there was also 7 phones stolen!

Well obviously they're now targetting gigs.

Maybe a mod could sticky for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Going to 2 Door Cinema club tomorrow will keep an eye out and wear my batman costume just in case

Advertisement