Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VBA Code

Options
  • 16-01-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi I'm looking for some help with a VBA code:

I have a list of values in cells A1 to A22, i want to insert a new cell below A1 and then paste the contents of A1 into the new cell repeating this inserting and pasting down to A22.

All help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Which part do you have trouble with? Code below copies each cell into the cell below. If you just want A1 copied into all the cells below then that's an easy mod. Oh yeah and I transposed the rows and columns, oops.
    Sub foo()
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim cell As Range

Set rng = Range("A1:G1")
        For Each cell In rng
            Sheet1.Cells(cell.Row + 1, cell.Column) = cell.Value
        Next
    End Sub

• Registered Users Posts: 12 iangriffin83

Hi srsly78

Thanks for getting back to me, i tried the code and i cannot get it to work - it is copying 1 down along column A.

I have the below in cloumn A

and i need to have it as

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Try modifying the code above to do what you want, it's very easy. Just swap the columns and rows for starters. Then have two lines assigning cell values, with targetrow, and targetrow+1, with targetrow = (inputrow*2)-1. Just experiment until you get it right.

Oh yeah, I didn't bother inserting cells. I just put the stuff into a new row/column beside the original input.

• Registered Users Posts: 59,604 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Run this macro:
    Sub FillUp()

For i = 2 To 44 'adjust the upper value to (2 * number of your last row) {22, in your example} 

If ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 1).Row Mod 2 = 0 Then

ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 1).Insert
            ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 1).Value = ActiveSheet.Cells(i - 1, 1).Value

End If

Next

End Sub

Advertisement