Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Phone with basic internet

Options
  • 16-01-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

Looking for a basid phone to listen to internet radio.

Would the Nokia 113 be suitable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 baaah

Cork wrote: »
    Looking for a basid phone to listen to internet radio.

Would the Nokia 113 be suitable?

Normally to listen to internet radio on a phone, you need a smartphone which has an app like Tunein or similar. The Nokia 113 looks like a very basic phone and i doubt it can do this. It seems to have an ordinary FM radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

baaah wrote: »
    Normally to listen to internet radio on a phone, you need a smartphone which has an app like Tunein or similar. The Nokia 113 looks like a very basic phone and i doubt it can do this. It seems to have an ordinary FM radio.

You dont need a smartphone for internet radio, but the 113 doesn't have any apps for internet radio afaik.

What network do you want to buy from Cork?
    Is it the cheapest one your looking for, or do you want any or spec bar internet radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I am with 02 but I am thinking of moving over to Lyca Mobile.

I have a pretty standard non internet phone at the moment.

Internet radio would be the main thing that I would use smarter type phone for.

Any recomendendation would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

I'm sure any smartphone will do for listening internet radio apps so that's not a problem. Do you have a budget?

You can go with anything from an iPhone 5 (up to €900) that runs Apple software or a Samsung Galaxy Ace (€120 ish) that runs on Android. Fwiw, Android is the more popular version now.

A decent phone I'd suggest is the Huawei G330 from either Meteor or eMobile for €150 new. It's a got a 4-inch screen and decent specs for €150 and its about €10 to unlock it to any network after that i.e. Lyca. It has a similar model in Vodafone (the G300) for the same price but the specs aren't as good. This assumes you're looking for a phone with a lot of basics in addition to running your internet radio smoothly.

Advertisement