Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Draft Question

Options
  • 16-01-2013 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I recently sent a bank draft with an application. However 6 weeks after, the application was not accepted and the form and bank draft were returned. They have requested I reapply. The bank draft is now 3 months old and the company state that they wont accept bank drafts that are more than 6 months old (It may take another 3 months for the application to go through). If I bring the bank draft into the bank, will they update it for me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Bank drafts don't go out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 YarisGTI

Hi Geri,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware that bank drafts don't go out of date, however the company have stated that they will not accept bank drafts that are more than 6 months old. They have shown to be strict with their registration, so I am concerned that it will be sent back again. Are banks able to update these drafts if necessary?

Thanks.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you bring it in to the branch where you purchased it, they'll probably be able to give you another one. In all likelihood you'll have to re-lodge the draft to your account, and then get a new one and pay the commission again. Do you have the receipt you got when you bought the draft? It would make the process a lot quicker and simpler if you bring it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I also have a question, was going to start a thread but seeing as it would have the same title as this one which was only started yesterday, I thought I'd piggyback! Hope that's ok.

If I have a bank draft written out to a friend of mine who has emigrated but still retains an account here, can I walk into his branch and lodge it to his account if I have his account details, without obviously being him?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

8-10 wrote: »
    I also have a question, was going to start a thread but seeing as it would have the same title as this one which was only started yesterday, I thought I'd piggyback! Hope that's ok.

If I have a bank draft written out to a friend of mine who has emigrated but still retains an account here, can I walk into his branch and lodge it to his account if I have his account details, without obviously being him?

yes. Anybody can lodge to an account its the withdrawals without a mandate or written instruction from the customer that are not permitted

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

YarisGTI wrote: »
    Hi Geri,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware that bank drafts don't go out of date, however the company have stated that they will not accept bank drafts that are more than 6 months old. They have shown to be strict with their registration, so I am concerned that it will be sent back again. Are banks able to update these drafts if necessary?

Thanks.

If it's a euro draft drawn on an Irish bank - yes

Foreign draft - more difficult.

Advertisement