Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop to pc

Options
  • 16-01-2013 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi people.
    just bought RGB cable to use my laptop on my tv screen.
    cant get it to work. i can veiw the screen saver but thats it.
    using windows xp and LG tv. matched up the video card but cant
    get the desktop working on the tv.
    help please.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

tony300+ wrote: »
    hi people.
    just bought RGB cable to use my laptop on my tv screen.
    cant get it to work. i can veiw the screen saver but thats it.
    using windows xp and LG tv. matched up the video card but cant
    get the desktop working on the tv.
    help please.:(

If by screensaver you actually mean the desktop background then you already have it working. What's happening is that the latops screen is being extended on to the tv, so if you drag the mouse out the right hand side of the laptop screen you will see it on the tv. This is the default when a new screen is detected. If you want to simply duplicate the laptop screen then plug in the tv as before so that you see the background on the tv, then right click anywhere on the desktop and select Screen Resolution. From there you will see a few drop down boxes, one of which controls what the default action is for new displays, change it to duplicate and hit apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tony300+

perfect. thanks alot;)

Advertisement