Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did bank write to me?

Options
  • 16-01-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I took out mortgage in 2007 and went on tracker a year later. Have never missed a payment so was surprised to receive a letter from the bank advising me to contact them if I may be having problems because they may be able to alter the repayments. Is this the norm these days? Are they eyeing up my tracker? The letter was addressed to 'customer' so I assume that this same letter has gone out to others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DJLJ

I'm in the same boat and got the same letter. I assumed it was just a standard letter they send out, just in case. Thankfully for our family, this isn't a concern for us, so I'll just put it through the shredder.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Sounds like a pretty standard "call us if you're in trouble, we're here to help" mass mailing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

the regulator has required all banks to write to their mortgage holders with this sort of letter, despite all the advertising they did in the papers. Banks were reluctant due to the risk of moral hazard...

Advertisement