Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless alarm for house

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

glic83 wrote: »
    well ive installed systems before but today was my 1st time installing the quantum and have to say was great , very quick to install, and straight forward to set up. I had 1 issue with the keyfob which thanks to the help on here should be sorted over the next few days, it is expensive for the wireless sensors and beams though.

Wire free is always going to be more costly than a wired system.
    Great to install and use :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

glic83 wrote: »
    sorry just to clarify KoolKid * and # on the kepad is setting off the alarm as it should with the internal and external bell both sounding, so wouldnt duress bell already be at yes if its going off for keypad, or is this a setting for the keyfob?

The keypad PA is set as audible panic. The duress is a separate setting. This makes it possible to choose an audible or silent if you have monitoring.
    Likewise the keypad can be changed to silent also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

cheers for the info, i remembered the silent pa from when i installed the 6/10 a few years back but this was all new but infairness i think its great, really like the way things have moved forward,would like to see what panels will be like in a few years, hopefully the wireless systems will come down another bit very expensive but so handy to install no lifting floorboard or crawling around attics etc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Lots of exiting things happening within the industry. IP is the big thing now & will become more standard in the future. I was taking to an IT guy while fitting out a large computer shop recently. He was saying with the introduction of IP6 and this giving us relatively unlimited IP address's most household appliances ,in the near future, will have their own IP address with remote access.

Advertisement