Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vlc Player Sound Distortion

Options
  • 16-01-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Over the past 3 weeks I've uninstalled and reinstalled vlc player 3 times but for some reason I keep getting sound distortion to a more or lesser degree, but tracks play perfectly on wmp:(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Over the past 3 weeks I've uninstalled and reinstalled vlc player 3 times but for some reason I keep getting sound distortion to a more or lesser degree, but tracks play perfectly on wmp:(

Tools>Preferences>Ouput in VLC. Choose default or try DirectSound, see if things improve :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Check to see if you any other software open that would use your sound card. This will automatically conflict with VLC. Go in to task manager and see what programs are opened. For example if iTunes was not closed down correctly or it was open and not playing any files, it would still trouble VLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bozharry

had the same problem a few weeks ago on a clean install of windows 7.the trick is to keep the volume at 100%.anything past that and it will distort.the problem is with the new update on vlc,because of this i stopped using vlc.im using media classic to play movies with no problems.its a great player and will play anything.hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

bozharry wrote: »
    had the same problem a few weeks ago on a clean install of windows 7.the trick is to keep the volume at 100%.anything past that and it will distort.the problem is with the new update on vlc,because of this i stopped using vlc.im using media classic to play movies with no problems.its a great player and will play anything.hope this helps.

Yup this is the only thing that resolved the problem, 100% or under, bit of a pain as some tracks I have are very low volume in themselves and to hear them I have to turn me windows volume up max as well as player volume and pc speaker volume, well virtually max.

Will a vlc patch be coming for this.

Might give that media classic a whirl:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

For MPC you'll need to install codecs.

You can boost the volume in MPC as well (View > Options > Audio Switcher).

• Advertisement

to install media classic you have to download k lite codec and that will have media player classic in the download.i was a fan boy of vlc till it gave this problem.dont think there is a fix atm.

to install media classic you have to download k lite codec and that will have media player classic in the download.i was a fan boy of vlc till it gave this problem.dont think there is a fix atm.

Downloaded it last night from cnet.com and its up n running with no probs.

I'm only using it for audio, mainly mp3 files, have to get to know my way around it.

Is there any way to change that big black screen or show the playlist up there instead of at the bottom.

not that i know of.i use it to play movies and i find it great for that.

not that i know of.i use it to play movies and i find it great for that.

working great for me just drag n drop files to play, wmp gets the hump a lot when I try to do it there. :)

Advertisement