Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share printer on Windows 8?

Options
  • 16-01-2013 10:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to share a printer? The printer is connected to a new PC via USB which is running on Windows 8 to the other pc running on XP is a second room and I want to remotely print from it, both pcs are connected through an Eircom Zyxel router by cable LAN connections and I have had no joy linking them yet.

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I don't know about Windows 8 but in general all the machines need to be in the same work group (NOT Homegroup if any of them are Windows prior to W7 or any non windows OS). File and printer sharing needs to be on as does network discovery.

Share the printer on the W8 machine and on the XP you should be able to 'Add a new Printer' choosing network printer.

Advertisement