Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Boardies going to Boswell over next couple wks??

Options
  • 16-01-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Just so I can keep an eye out & say hello:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Yes! Ill be heading beginning of Feb with my yard and the baby mare! It'll be her first day out showjumping so we're excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Jumping lesson on sat this week so will prob go down for the training show the following sun, the 27th! Keep an eye out for a fellow coloured horse marley!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Im training there next week hopefully:) will be bringing madum on the 27th:rolleyes:, we will see if we can jump 50 & 60cms in a controlled & ryhthmic fashion as opposed to throwing in 1m 10 jumps at every crosspoll:eek::D
    Jumping lesson on sat this week so will prob go down for the training show the following sun, the 27th! Keep an eye out for a fellow coloured horse marley!!

I discovered recently my 14.2 mare, who was only ever hunted before I got her, can easily clear a 1m spread, it's getting her to stop is the problem :eek:

So we'll be doing the 50cm to get her to CHILL. OUT. :P

Oh exciting!! Well i'll know what ahyeah looks like at that point so that's helpful!! going to go down and do 80's and 90's hopefully, need to work on not collapsing into a puddle of a rider halfway through the course - despite jumping nice and controlled at home he has an awful tendency to take these MAHOOSIVE leaps once we hit competition, im usually floating somewhere around his tail as we career towards the next fence; graceful and contained we are NOT :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I'll be there with my daughter as unpaid groom/photographer & transport manager on 26th for Dressage event. She's riding a 14.2 connemara cross.

Silverfox - doubt there will be more than 2 absoloutly gorgeous stunning examples of coloureds there so we should recoginse each other as we will be the ones riding them, lol:D
    Oh exciting!! Well i'll know what ahyeah looks like at that point so that's helpful!! going to go down and do 80's and 90's hopefully, need to work on not collapsing into a puddle of a rider halfway through the course - despite jumping nice and controlled at home he has an awful tendency to take these MAHOOSIVE leaps once we hit competition, im usually floating somewhere around his tail as we career towards the next fence; graceful and contained we are NOT :D

Fantastic! Can't wait to see you all!
    I'll have seen you before that though silverfox :)

Well we're all set to go for tomorrow, daughter is in Dressage @ 10:21 in arena 1, so reckon we'll aim to be there for about 09:20 best of luck to everyone for tomorrow.

Dave66 - how did your Daughter get on today? Was there a good turnout?

• Advertisement

How did you guys get on today, marley and silverfox?

Did anyone else go? It was a horrid windy day! Even trying to lunge with the wind was a nightmare!

I didnt go in the end, with the wind etc i really wasnt feeling pulling the horsebox!!! DEFINITELY next week though, I am all out of excuses and he's jumping out of his skin!! How did you get on marley? According to the facebook reports Dave66's daughter was a little champ - 2nd place!

Ah it was nuts weather today, my mare almost pinned me to the stable door when I was tacking her up, with the windy noises and thunder!

Give me a text/pm if you are going, I might drop down to watch! Looks like we may be jumping somewhere else instead of Boswell on the 10th, Im not sure yet!

Well done to daves daughter!

I braved it & went! LOL 70km ph winds - ok so my round or attempt at a round was interesting!! First couple of fences she took on really nicely - after that it took couple of attempts to get over some of the fences - she decided she was related to Kato star I think & fancied herself as a bit of a race horse!!! LOL -- we did get over couple more fences & then did a bit of work in warm up...
    Wasnt a huge success story but it was my first time taking her out on her own & tbh there was alot going on & shes not been in that sort of environment before - so lots to work on this week:D

marley123 wrote: »
    Dave66 - how did your Daughter get on today? Was there a good turnout?

We were blessed with the weather as the dressage was in the morning. Daughter got on well, 2nd place and just 10 marks/points behind the 1st place winner. It was her first competition with dressage Ireland so she was delighted. Granted there were only two people in her class, but she felt finishing 10 points behind the winner, who we gather has been competing for years was a great result. Thanks for asking.

Glad you got on well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gra456

hi guys hope to have another coloured mare to join u in boswells by June.

SJI starting in Boswell this Sunday from 80 CMS - BUT at the same time they will be running mini, midi, maxi in the top arena

Also Jump x starts there this sat - hope to make it on Sat week.

SJI starting in Boswell this Sunday from 80 CMS - BUT at the same time they will be running mini, midi, maxi in the top arena

Also Jump x starts there this sat - hope to make it on Sat week.

The SJI was on our calendar to attend, but due to bad weather my Daughter hasn't been able to jump (or ride) much in the last two weeks. So next time. We'll be back for Dressage in two weeks and I think she's doing interschools on 23rd Feb.

Think Im heading up the 10th for Mini Midi Maxi - school around the x poles and then jump the Mini, depending on how she's going! Have only been doing proper sj schooling for a few months, so I don't want to put her under too much pressure either!

Good woman Marley, no one will accuse you of being a fair-weather rider - which i think in terms of competing should be my official title!!! Did you get any photos/videos?

• Advertisement

We'll be back in Boswell tomorrow morning for DI event, hopefully the weather co-operates again.

How did you daughter get on Dave66?? Was there a good turnout - I will be there myself first week in March. Braving a Prelim training class:)
    dave66 wrote: »
    We'll be back in Boswell tomorrow morning for DI event, hopefully the weather co-operates again.

How did you daughter get on Dave66?? Was there a good turnout - I will be there myself first week in March. Braving a Prelim training class:)

Turnout was good but I think there were fewer people than last time.

She got 2nd again, but did with style. She was in the large arena, there was nobody at the gate so it was being left open, as she started her 20m canter circle at the top of the arena the pony must have seen the open gate, with low "fence" arena edge and decided it was a jump as they jumped out of the arena. She nearly died laughing (as did the judges), so she got marked zero for that section and comment "Left arena", daughter reckons comment should have been "left arena with style". Think if that hadn't happened she would have stood a good chance of a 1st. She's loving the experience.

We're back in Boswell tomorrow (I feel I live there) for Interschools Jumping and then on 9th March for dressage. Best of luck with prelim training class, a few of daughter's friends also going on 9th for their first attempt. Let me know your time/arena for the 9th, hopefully we'll be able to cheer you on.

Advertisement