Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preseason

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

The bears wont be playing any preseason games. For some reason I have to play the Packers and Vikings in preseason and I have the Packers week one.I put myself on auto pilot if you what to play the cpu just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Saints want to play today? Heli game on Sunday?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Perhaps... Morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

You around this anytime this evening Heli?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

notyalc666 wrote: »
    Hey sorry only saw this now, i'm only free till early this afternoon. I'm not around tonight.

@ gufc, probably won't be around on Sunday to play sorry

any chance you would be able to click to sim game sat night or sun morning?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You around this anytime this evening Heli?

Probably not dave.. have a work thing on

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Jets
    Steelers
    Seahawks

If ye are interested in playing a pre season game, will ye let me know, i'm available every evening from 7 including tonight.

Seahawks will play...are we Saturday or Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The bears wont be playing any preseason games. For some reason I have to play the Packers and Vikings in preseason and I have the Packers week one.I put myself on auto pilot if you what to play the cpu just let me know.

Going to play the cpu, want the xp boost.

Nelbert wrote: »

No worries i set it to sim work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Hey Yo Giants! Where you at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Seahawks will play...are we Saturday or Sunday?
    Saturday *weather permitting*. House is surrounded by water, 50-50 whether it will come in or not, if it doesnt i'll be on, if it does i probably wont, or i could sit in waders playing it

etloveslsd wrote: »
    BDC. Just put myself on auto there. Go easyon them.
    You'll probably still win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

empacher wrote: »
    here
    Ha, was lookin to play preseason game but not on now, but I put cards on autopilot if you wanna play them

Saturday *weather permitting*. House is surrounded by water, 50-50 whether it will come in or not, if it doesnt i'll be on, if it does i probably wont, or i could sit in waders playing it

Best of luck with the flood daddy:o

I know its only preseason but 79 points is a bit much don't you think be very slow letting anyone else play the cpu.

Lost 45-10 to Berty in what was prob the least enjoyable game of madden I've played.

Wasn't doin too bad until the second quarter when back ups came in and I doubt that even had anything to do wit it. Was just so slow. Frustratingly so... Don't mind it in reg season but using the full clock to pick a play in pre season is a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

gufc21 wrote: »
    Lost 45-10 to Berty in what was prob the least enjoyable game of madden I've played.

Wasn't doin too bad until the second quarter when back ups came in and I doubt that even had anything to do wit it. Was just so slow. Frustratingly so... Don't mind it in reg season but using the full clock to pick a play in pre season is a bit much

Was probably looking at/for new plays, only one time to try them out against a human and that's pre-season.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Was probably looking at/for new plays, only one time to try them out against a human and that's pre-season.

Fair enough but it felt like every play. If your looking at someone would you not do it for the series?

Don't want it to turn into a big issue was just venting really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Regarding preseason games I think people should take into consideration that there is only one day for each gameweek. We all have real lives ( I hope ! ) and to commit to playing games daily is a lot.

In other franchises what has been done is that unless BOTH players are available to play the game then it goes to sim.

I am absolutely happy for the games where my opponents are not available to be simmed especially now that Ben has turned injuries off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

^
    Actually somewhat related to the above but did this ever happen to any1 else during the season.
    Happened to me a few times when I played some ppl last season but in this case they were picking an offensive play,came down to like the last ten seconds to pick a play.They got their play picked,my playbook disappeared and it went straight back into the match,usually I'd have to call a right quick audible.
    Now out of all the games and all the plays last year it happened maybe 3 times so not a huge deal,just weird..

Absolutely agree 100% with you. 10 minutes was too long. I was running all Q3 and my backups were so strong they were running though the line easily. Ended up just punting my possessions away in Q4.

The one thing I will say is that in games like this it would have been great to be micced up and talk about stuff. When no chat defeats feel much worse and wins are not as enjoyable.

One final thing the TD you scored was brilliant, great route, marvelous throw.

Best of luck with the flood daddy:o

I'm fooked, drainage system backed up, pond across the road full up, its not looking good at all, need a dry night

Beat the Steelers CPU 31-7 in the most unenjoyable game ever, i wasnt in the mood for playing but had it started before i looked outside. Steelers Punter was even taking the Pi$$, Every time he punted, he punted roughly 5-10 yards. Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

That'd be their kicker doing punting duties. Another reason not to enjoy preseason.

Lads in relation to the travesty of a scoreline in myself and the Bears preseason friendly. I hold my hands up as while I'm not the one who did the scoring I'm responsible.

Left it paused at 21-3 (I think) while I dropped my folks into the city centre and went for a gym session. One of Mrs Nelbert's nephews decided to finish this game (also later deleted some progress in RE6 on my ps3) after I left. Really not happy about it and said nephew is now banned from the mancave (despite Mrs Nelbert not really seeing what the "big deal" is).

Unreserved apologies and as a gesture ill sim the rest of preseason if someone feels like returning the favour on the packers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Lads in relation to the travesty of a scoreline in myself and the Bears preseason friendly. I hold my hands up as while I'm not the one who did the scoring I'm responsible.

Left it paused at 21-3 (I think) while I dropped my folks into the city centre and went for a gym session. One of Mrs Nelbert's nephews decided to finish this game (also later deleted some progress in RE6 on my ps3) after I left. Really not happy about it and said nephew is now banned from the mancave (despite Mrs Nelbert not really seeing what the "big deal" is).

Unreserved apologies and as a gesture ill sim the rest of preseason if someone feels like returning the favour on the packers.
    I can literally imagine this,lol. :D

If playing a preseason game always pause at start of Q2 and make sure depth chart ok. In particular fix your punter and kicker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Your wife's nephew racked up 50 points on the All-Pro CPU in less than 3 quarters?

Does he have a gamertag? Is he comfortable with Ryan Tannehill? Get him in the league!

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Your wife's nephew racked up 50 points on the All-Pro CPU in less than 3 quarters?

Does he have a gamertag? Is he comfortable with Ryan Tannehill? Get him in the league!

Not wife yet!

He hasn't discovered girls yet evidently. Pretty sure all he has is video games and whacking off to fill his evenings..... He plays on All-Madden apparently. Oh and the PS3 controller is far superior for FIFA and Madden apparently.

More pearls of wisdom as and when they come from stropzilla being forced to watch greys anatomy with his aunt!

Advertisement